Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,701 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:40 PM

Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness (18515 Views)

INEC Closes Its Case In Atiku’s Petition Challenging Tinubu’s Election / Anxiety As INEC Closes Nomination For Presidential, NASS Elections / Atiku Gets 55 Cartons Of Documents From INEC, Closes Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:32am On Jan 25, 2019
The Independent National Electoral Commission on Thursday closed its defence before the Osun State Governorship Election Tribunal without calling any witness.

During the hearing, the commission through its counsel, Adesina Agbede, applied to close its case.
The tribunal also adjourned till January 30 to enable the Governor of the state, Adegboyega Oyetola, to open his defence.

The tribunal is hearing the petition filed by the Peoples Democratic Party and its candidate in the governorship election in Osun State, Senator Ademola Adeleke, in which he challenged the declaration by INEC that Oyetaola, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, won the election.

Both the PDP and Adeleke are alledging among other things, that the election results were manipulated to favour the APC and its candidate.

The chairman of the tribunal, Justice Ibrahim Sirajo, announced on Thursday after INEC closed its case that the tribunal would adjourn and return on January 30 when the second respondent would open his case.

Oyetola is listed as the second respondent in the petition.

INEC, which opened its case last Friday and closed on Thursday without calling any witness, relied only on documents.

The documentary evidence included result sheets as announced by its officials.

Speaking on the implication of INEC decision, the lead counsel for the petitioner, Dr Paul Ananaba (SAN), said INEC had literally endorsed and conceded to the PDP petition seeking declaration of Adeleke as the winner of the election.

He said, “By closing its case without any defence, INEC is saying it cannot challenge the petitoner’s case. INEC has accepted that we are right in our prayers that the rightful winner of the election is PDP’S Ademola Adeleke.”

https://punchng.com/osun-tribunal-inec-closes-case-without-calling-witness/

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness by rusher14: 9:37am On Jan 25, 2019
Be fooling yourself.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness by Nbote(m): 9:38am On Jan 25, 2019
Even INEC is jejely washing it's hands off d APCs wuru wuru.. It's jus a matter of time now..

103 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness by mbaboy(m): 9:47am On Jan 25, 2019
The stolen mandate must be returned back to the good people of Osun state

131 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:49am On Jan 25, 2019
Congratulations in advanve to Gov-elect Ademola Adeleke

120 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness by Mystick: 9:50am On Jan 25, 2019
Nobody wants to risk his reputation by accepting bribe to stand witness for INEC.
That is bad. This among others is the reason FG is trying to intimidate the judges and the judiciary at large.
Before you tell me about corruption and the judges, first tell us what has happened concerning Oshiomole's case which he has been fighting to stop being probed, tell me about Babashir lawal case who happens to be Buhari's presidential campaign organiser, tell me about Maina case, tell me about Obanikoro's case and many more who are hiding behind the APC broom, tell us about Akpabio's case.
If you are sincere to yourself, then you will see there is more to the judges intimidation than the corruption fighting smokescreen you are seeing.

91 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:51am On Jan 25, 2019
Mystick:
Nobody wants to risk his reputation by accepting bribe to stand witness for INEC.
That is bad. This among others is the reason FG is trying to intimidate the judges and the judiciary at large.
Before you tell me about corr

That is why we must al unite behind CJN Onnogen is his fight against executive intimidation and harassment.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness by orion7: 9:53am On Jan 25, 2019
rusher14:
Be fooling yourself.
sharap there. wah do you know

adeleke is dancing to that govt house deal with it

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness by orion7: 10:00am On Jan 25, 2019
rusher14:

Tell that to your father if you can find him.
I will dig the bones of yours in the grave and tell him

zombie

5 Likes

Re: Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness by deboysben(m): 10:01am On Jan 25, 2019
Adeleke dancing his way to Osun government house

Adeleke be like
Upon all the initial gra gra they couldn't present a witness

49 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness by rusher14: 10:04am On Jan 25, 2019
orion7:
I will dig the bones of yours in the grave and tell him

zombie

E pain am.

Anyway, let it be known, I don't entertain dunderheads.

Be gone.

I'm done with you.

1 Like

Re: Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:14am On Jan 25, 2019
rusher14:

E pain am.

Be gone.

I'm done with you.

Your eyes go soon clear grin grin grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness by SouthEastFacts: 10:23am On Jan 25, 2019
Osun is PDP.

15 Likes

Re: Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness by orion7: 10:23am On Jan 25, 2019
rusher14:

E pain am.
Be gone.
I'm done with you.
nor go. stand with me.

you think say everybody na zombie

e go clear for ur eye soon

4 Likes

Re: Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness by Originality007: 10:24am On Jan 25, 2019
grin grin the will of Osun people must prevail...

12 Likes

Re: Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness by 9jahotblog: 10:32am On Jan 25, 2019
Osun Tribunal: Oyetola To Open Defence Jan 30, As INEC Closes Case Without Calling Oral Evidence. https://thenigerialawyer.com/osun-tribunal-oyetola-to-open-defence-jan-30-as-inec-closes-case-without-calling-oral-evidence/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:37am On Jan 25, 2019
Illiterates on parade above grin grin grin

THIS IS EDO STATE ELECTION PETITION TRIBUNAL, INEC DID NOT CALL ANY WITNESS. grin grin grin

‎Edo tribunal: INEC closes defence, tenders ward results as evidence
Published

February 20, 2017
Alexander Okere

The Independent National Electoral Commission has closed its defence in the petition filed by the Peoples Democratic Party and its candidate, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, at the Edo State Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal, without calling any witness.

The petitioners are challenging INEC’s declaration of the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Godwin Obaseki, as winner of the September 28 poll and had listed them in the substantive petition as the first to third respondents, respectively.

2'
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
‎Edo tribunal: INEC closes defence, tenders ward results as evidence
Published

February 20, 2017
Alexander Okere

The Independent National Electoral Commission has closed its defence in the petition filed by the Peoples Democratic Party and its candidate, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, at the Edo State Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal, without calling any witness.

The petitioners are challenging INEC’s declaration of the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Godwin Obaseki, as winner of the September 28 poll and had listed them in the substantive petition as the first to third respondents, respectively.

At the resumption of hearing on Monday, counsel to INEC, Onyinye Anumonye, however, tendered no fewer than 200 copies of the ward results (Form EC8B) for the remaining 17 local government areas, all of which were admitted in evidence and marked as exhibits.

Anumonye ‎also sought to tender a supplement to the 2015 guidelines and regulation for the conduct of the election.

Counsel to the petitioners, Roland Otaru, objected to the admissibility of the document, which he said ought ‎to have been tendered by a witness at the witness box.

But the Chairman of the three-man panel, Justice Ahmed Badamasi, admitted in evidence and marked the certified true copy of the document as exhibit 1R022.

INEC had used five out of the 10 days allotted to it by the tribunal to open its defence had been expected to call its witnesses.

But its counsel said that it would amount to a waste of the tribunal’s time to call witnesses to support the case of the first respondent.

Anumonye explained that, having reviewed the evidence presented thus far, it was the position of the first respondent that it had sufficiently established a defence to the petition, through the cross-examination of the petitioners’ witnesses whose statements under cross-examination supported its case and, particularly, the documents tendered as exhibits.

“We, therefore, consider it an unnecessary waste of the tribunal’s precious time to call witnesses who would merely repeat evidences that it had already elicited under cross-examination,”
he added.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/punchng.com/%25E2%2580%258Eedo-tribunal-inec-closes-defence-tenders-ward-results-as-evidence/amp/

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:42am On Jan 25, 2019
Congratulations in advance to PDP Ademola Adeleke

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:46am On Jan 25, 2019
rusher14:
Be fooling yourself.

The illiterates don't even know, INEC never called any witness In EDO, KOGI, Anambra, Ekiti Election tribunals etc as they insisted it was a waste of tribunals time. And you know what? They won all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness by Raltrending(m): 11:38am On Jan 25, 2019
TOP NAIRALAND THREAD THAT WILL SHOCK YOU TO THE BONES, GUY THIS A MUST READ

I Want To Give My Boyfriend My Panties For Money Ritual, Will He Dumb Me Later? 
https://www.nairaland.com/4981887/want-give-boyfriend-panties-money

I Saw Different Nudes Of This Particular Lady On My Husbands Phone (SEE PHOTOS)
https://www.nairaland.com/4981928/saw-different-nudes-particular-lady
Re: Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness by Omeokachie: 11:39am On Jan 25, 2019
god is their witness cheesy
Re: Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness by searchproject(f): 11:39am On Jan 25, 2019
Does this amount to Justice delay
Re: Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 11:41am On Jan 25, 2019
That Osun election was a show of shame

3 Likes

Re: Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness by AllTheWayUp: 11:43am On Jan 25, 2019
grin

Re: Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness by afroniger: 11:45am On Jan 25, 2019
Is it the same tribunal where PDP witnesses shamefully couldn't even read their own statements? I just hope some of you guys won't cry foul play if in the end Oyetola remains Osun governor. undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness by omonaijiria: 11:45am On Jan 25, 2019
Osun must be #ATIKULATED
Re: Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness by Jonadull: 11:46am On Jan 25, 2019
omonaijiria:
Osun must be #ATIKULATED
Sharrap

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Weighs Options On Incoming Cabinet / Northern Group To Buhari: Scrap NDDC, NEDC / 2023: Politics Without Ideas - Reuben Abati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.