Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

How Do I Survive In School? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Survive In School? (2062 Views)

How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship / Man Must Survive, See What This Lady Is Doing To Survive / How do I survive on N16,000 a month? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Survive In School? by xtreme(f): 5:50pm On Jan 11, 2006
I'm a young brainy undergrad realli findin it diifficult 2 srvive in school. For d records am female,and hv a few skills lyk knittin, beadin, writin plays etc bt capital seems 2 elude me
Re: How Do I Survive In School? by sbucareer(f): 6:03pm On Jan 11, 2006
Get non-career jobs possibly part-time. If you are lucky, you could find part-time job in ur area of study. Becareful for it not to affect ur studies, good luck.

Jobs recommendations
==========================
Customer assistant
sales
party organising
Re: How Do I Survive In School? by Seun(m): 10:35pm On Jan 11, 2006
Send me one of your plays and let me see what I can do with Nairaland exposure.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Survive In School? by otokx(m): 11:09am On Jan 14, 2006
try and get a part time job or a biz that wont interfere with your studies e.g. working part time in a cyber cafe, selling recharge cards, etc
Re: How Do I Survive In School? by aqua(m): 9:33pm On Jan 14, 2006
if you stay on campus try to sell some stuff gurls can't do without in ur hall of residence like sanitary pads, you could fix wigs, sell noodles,

a nice partime job you could do that will not take much of your time maybe 1hr, is to wash cloths for people just go around and offer to do it for a small fee .
best of luck and keep up with learning new skills.
Re: How Do I Survive In School? by 1ofall(f): 10:33am On Jan 17, 2006
You could also set up a webshop to sell what you knit...put up a few samples. Maybe things for children...people like to buy children's things as gifts-personalised sweaters, cardigans etc. You could also do a some asmples of your beading-is that like jewellery?or beading on clothes?
And as suggested, if you can, get a part time job.
Re: How Do I Survive In School? by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 23, 2006
Let me find if there is any way i can be of assistance. Are u in a nigerian university? pls i do not know if i can get your details and find out your level of perfomance.
Re: How Do I Survive In School? by Seun(m): 5:28am On Feb 06, 2006
Nigerians are full of hot air. Look at how she just ignored my offer to help. What is that?
Re: How Do I Survive In School? by diyobdw(f): 9:53am On Mar 29, 2006
@smeclub
That sound intersting
Re: How Do I Survive In School? by enolase(m): 2:12pm On Mar 29, 2006
Wow Seun, give the girl a break.

She sounds really broke, may not even be able to afford browsing time.

Thought of that?
Seun:

Nigerians are full of hot air. Look at how she just ignored my offer to help. What is that?
Re: How Do I Survive In School? by xtreme(f): 8:46pm On Apr 11, 2006
OUch sorry guys i've bin a lot outta circulation cos a few more issues hv bin added 2 my life apart from survival.
@Seun. I did not ignore ur offer for help& would get back 2 u soonest.
Aspecail thank u 2 everi one.Gota go now. Time's up.
Re: How Do I Survive In School? by lacastre: 8:56am On Oct 11, 2011
is a gud idea, i am a student as well, i also complain as u do when i do not know the way out.there is a way out that will not affect ur academics.can u operate computer @ ur leisure tym,then ur phone kep on ringing and bank alert keep coming in, people started calling you up and down in your campus. do u lyk these. not fraud pls ,100% legal .call 07037905533
Re: How Do I Survive In School? by Godmother(f): 9:55am On Oct 13, 2011
Most students are proud, but if you can put pride aside, then learning to make hair will fetch you a lot of money while in school and you will never be broke.
Re: How Do I Survive In School? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 17, 2011
Re: How Do I Survive In School? by 2sexy(m): 7:45pm On Oct 17, 2011
Godmother, not just students,but most Nigerian are pathetically proud to make money in the lowest place.

I remember a few years back me ,my mother and an elder brother were building our house in Ogun state,a story building. One cold afternoon, my mom kicked the bucket and our finances went south in 2008.

I tell you, feeding became a problem. That's to show how bad it was. I had to swallow my pride and did all kind of jobs. Is it selling red wine, home tutor, packing sand from the gutter, writing exams? Just name it. I did this because I remember staying with an aunt in Lagos and I hawked onions,yam,palm oil, beans, rice and so on. During the holiday, i would hawk 3 times a day, 7days a week. My hair was pulling off at the center due to excessive weight on it.

I no wowo o but I wouldn't too be ashamed to do anything as long as it put food in my mouth. I am presently studying Petroleum Engineering and would graduate next year. I will say thanks to everyone who are helping this young lady here. If it weren't for such help which I got from friends, I wouldn't be graduating next year as I claimed above.

Where you are coming from has nothing to do with where you are going.
Re: How Do I Survive In School? by george31(m): 4:11pm On Oct 18, 2011
My dear, i was in ur shoes some 7-8 yrs ago, but i was smart enough to start phone call biz from my room off campus,from then d biz grew to an umbrella stand in school selling both recharge cards, after a year i had another shop close to my houe, i was renting out home video's with the phone call/ recharge cards biz. I was living large in school my friends always came to me for one assitance or the other.
You too can do better,think of a need and look for a solution for the population in your school,then money will come chasing you. If u decide to tread my path,u can add your skills to it that way u will have multiple source of income, GOODLUCK
Re: How Do I Survive In School? by Schoolguy9(m): 1:29pm On Jun 29, 2016
You have taken the first step to enlist some skills you are good in, there those who do not know their stand point.

What is left now is find out how you can properly monetize it, "properly" in the sense that you don't let it adversely affect your main purpose of being in school.

The bitter truth is that things are harder now than expected, an average student has to feed, has to transport him/herself to and from school especially those (like) me who don't live in the nearby school provided hostels, I am student yes, but I have to survive, that's my watch words.

I try to engage myself in good things others do to survive, no matter how small, it still helps life for now.

Like they say, find out your niche, make sells to those who are willing to buy, it could be services or products you manufacture yourself or purchase from others (traders) at a cheaper price.

I believe if those in the business line can survive, students too can.

Currently I started a blog to help others, and like they say, one can make money from genuine blogging, it may take time but with the knowledge I have, I'm optimistic, it is a student blog too that provides information. I hope Nairaland team helps my struggle.

(http://schoolguyng..com is the blog)

One thing is clear; for you to survive, anywhere, any day, you have to find something to do.
Re: How Do I Survive In School? by uvalued(m): 7:42pm On Jun 29, 2016
hello tho its almost 10years, but i believe others will benefit...since you are in school, that makes it perfect...how about using your phone/tablet to make id cards in a jiffy... whatsapp 08092912930 and get #20,000 or more as a student.
Re: How Do I Survive In School? by keylaz: 11:42pm On Jun 29, 2016
nice ideas. Have cooler and easier way to make cool cash from ur spare cash. 30%interest monthly, both capital and interest can be withdrawn. if ur interested whapsapp me on 08037260895. its free for serious minded people pls

(1) (Reply)

Home Health Nursing Service In Abuja! / All About Baba Ijebu / Teaming To Set-up A Standard ICT Training Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.