Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,499 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup (31357 Views)

Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension / Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by maestroferdi: 9:03pm On Jan 25, 2019
snigy:
Oga you are the ignorant one here am from delta state where the only elected person is one man (senator omoagege) the reason all other cases was ruled in Favour of the pdp who did not win 1/3 of elected positions in delta state was because of Chief Justice Marshall umokoro and justice Onnoghen and there so called deal with PDP,do you know what it feels like to have your mandate stolen,they stole the mandate of 4million deltans,if onnoghen what’s to interfare in politics he should know what to expect,politics is about interest and my interest and that of my people is not to let annoghen appoint judges for the election tribunal,so my friend you are the one who is ignorant
I will not descend to your beer parlour chit-chat level...

Resources were expended to send you to school and yet you cant do the minutest of critical reasoning/thinking...
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by planetx: 9:08pm On Jan 25, 2019
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think we southern Christians are unnecessarily heating up the polity with this unpatriotic rejection of this new incorruptible CJN appointed by president Buhari. Muric and other Muslim organizations must stand up to defend this new CJN against the hypocrisy of we southern Christians. When GEJ suspended CBN governor Sanusi, we Christians laughed and said nothing to condemn the move all because he was exposing GEJ's corrupt government. Now Buhari has suspended this thief called onnoghen and every Christian is spilling thrash. We Christians are indeed a problem in this country. In my next life i will be a Muslim sad
Trash

1 Like

Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by Whazar(m): 9:13pm On Jan 25, 2019
madridguy:
So likes and shares is your problem
seems this Zombie is happy he keeps jumping on people's comment af slave
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by BabaO2: 9:13pm On Jan 25, 2019
jesmond3945:
what of ganduje is he not a thief?
Even though the video is a crap, an elected governor has immunity against any arrest or prosecution. You people should stop crying like kindergarten pupils. If anyone wants to criticize, it should be why Buhari has taken this long to sack the corrupt CJN?
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by godliman: 9:15pm On Jan 25, 2019
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think we southern Christians are unnecessarily heating up the polity with this unpatriotic rejection of this new incorruptible CJN appointed by president Buhari. Muric and other Muslim organizations must stand up to defend this new CJN against the hypocrisy of we southern Christians. When GEJ suspended CBN governor Sanusi, we Christians laughed and said nothing to condemn the move all because he was exposing GEJ's corrupt government. Now Buhari has suspended this thief called onnoghen and every Christian is spilling thrash. We Christians are indeed a problem in this country. In my next life i will be a Muslim sad
I think you re born against christians

1 Like

Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by hisexcellency34: 9:16pm On Jan 25, 2019
Tell them oooo

BabaO2:

Even though the video is a crap, an elected governor has immunity against any arrest or prosecution. You people should stop crying like kindergarten pupils. If anyone wants to criticize, it should be why Buhari has taken this long to sack the corrupt CJN?

2 Likes

Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by LZAA: 9:17pm On Jan 25, 2019
velocity25:
serious
The clown is simply comic relief wink
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by snigy(m): 9:18pm On Jan 25, 2019
These shows how low you are and how you have No manners,I can bet am 10times more educated than you,for you to even result to insults instead of making your point people like you are the ones that make us agitate that our education in this country is so poor and needs more funding, if you don’t know the use of social media please google it,they will tell you it’s a place where people meet and interact we all humans and can not have the same ideology but it doesn’t mean you should result to insults I guess you younger than I thought .
maestroferdi:
I will not descend to your beer parlour chit-chat level...

Resources were expended to send you to school and yet you cant do the minutest of critical reasoning/thinking...
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by maestroferdi: 9:23pm On Jan 25, 2019
snigy:
These shows how low you are and how you have No manners,I can bet am 10times more educated than you,for you to even result to insults instead of making your point people like you are the ones that make us agitate that our education in this country is so poor and needs more funding, if you don’t know the use of social media please google it,they will tell you it’s a place where people meet and interact we all humans and can not have the same ideology but it doesn’t mean you should result to insults I guess you younger than I thought .
There is hardly anything to learn from you so keep moving...

You are among the elements who provide unwitting vehicles for impunity and arbitrariness to thrive...

Dont just let me start with you...
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by GeorgeTheCoder: 9:23pm On Jan 25, 2019
naijapips04:
Na so war dey take start.

Sad thing is that all security chiefs are from the North so the south is just powerless.

All thanks to Yorubas.

Buhari must be stopped by all means.

Are the soldiers and officers all from the north too ?
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by Belleful: 9:24pm On Jan 25, 2019
oya, E. K CLARK, call ur fellow elders,ur militant boys, South south governors and ur nairaland NA OUR OWN CREW to go to war with buhari and let's see who wins
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by Etinosa1234: 9:24pm On Jan 25, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
English is the problem...remove and suspend are not same thing....

am sure u don't know what is rule of law and separation of power
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by MajesticIgbo(m): 9:27pm On Jan 25, 2019
There's no such thing as southern leaders.

Y'all "we the south south" fckers should face your ethnic groups. There was no southern leaders when booharry appointed his security chiefs and schemed the Igbos out.

There was no southern leaders when booharry sent soldiers to a peaceful South East to maim and kill innocent Igbo folks.

"We south south" folks should face their sissy son and stop hiding under the umbrella of a non-existing southern leadership - or better still urhobo folks should rally support within themselves for their son.

Anyway, whoever signed for the South East, should be tied up and thrown into the river Niger.
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by jesmond3945: 9:29pm On Jan 25, 2019
BabaO2:

oh interesting see one thing i believe in is justice and fairness. By all things right ganduje should have been impeached but because he was in the good books of the president he was shielded. Now the anticorruption should be carried out without bias. Why is that it is only section of the country that is always hounded by the govt and if you are a member of APC you are now a saint. I know you are happy because you love buhari and everything he does is good but buhari would one day handover and the next president might use his template to rule the country infact he might even plunge the country into a crisis. I dont have any problem with us but our children. I dont want my child to grow up in a country that bases your meritorous rise on your religion or where you come from. A country were nepotism and corruption thrives. Probably you want that for your kids but i detest that for mine. The bible said when the righteous rules the people rejoice when the evil leaders rule people mourn. The only think i ask from buhari is to fulfil his promise that he belongs to everybody.
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by omooba969(m): 9:40pm On Jan 25, 2019
Jman06:
Nigerians are too dumb and docile! That is why a group of corrupt politicians are taking every desperate steps to perpetuate themselves in power using a senile Buhari as their stooge.

The military too seems to have lost their power to put things right in situations like this. As painful as it may sound, Nigeria needs urgent military intervention at this point.

Be careful what you wish for.
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by ofwest47(m): 9:44pm On Jan 25, 2019
The so called southern leaders are really Southern Looters so they have to support the head of the looter alias C J N
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by Naajjii: 9:47pm On Jan 25, 2019
ellalina:
Can’t people just burst into the street of Abuja and resist this daylight Robbery. Is there not anyone giving them good advise
You take the lead and others will follow you. But take note people right here in Abuja are massively behind President Muhammad Buhari for his giant strides!!
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by Xanderlee77: 9:48pm On Jan 25, 2019
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

The Southern and Middle Belt Leaders forum has described the suspension of the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Walter Onnoghen by President Muhammadu Buhari as a coup against constitutional democracy.

In a statement signed by Chief E K Clark (South South), Ayo Adebanjo (South West), Chief John Nwodo (South East) and Dr Pogu Bitrus (Midddle Belt), the leaders in a statement titled ‘Constitutional Crisis As Buhari Illegally Suspends CJN’ , the leaders said they have checked through the constitution and found out that President Buhari lacks the power to suspend the CJN unilaterally except by 2/3 of the National Assembly.

The statement reads: “The attention of Southern and Middle Belt Leaders has been drawn to a coup against Constitutional Democracy in Nigeria by President Muhammadu Buhari by the Suspension of CJN Walter Onnoghen this evening and swearing in a replacement.
This is a constitutional crisis foisted by desperation and morbid desire to foist rule of thumb.

“We have checked through the constitution and the President has no power to unilaterally suspend the CJN.

“Section 292 of the amended 1999 Constitution is clear that the President can only remove the CJN with 2/3 of Senate resolution.

“To us what has been done is resort to self-help after the Court of Appeal issued an order stopping the trial of the CJN by the CCT presided over by a man answering charges in court over corruption allegations but still in office.

“The latest action is a clear suspension of the constitution and enthronement of full blown dictatorship.

“We reject the illegal suspension and demand its immediate reversal.
The suspension is null and void and of no effect whatever.

“An emergency meeting of the Forum holds shortly on this total aberration.
We call on all Nigerians to wake up to the reality that our democracy is now under threat and use all constitutional means to defend it.

We must not surrender to this authoritarian rule.”
https://www.independent.ng/onnoghen-buhari-has-committed-coup-against-democracy-southern-mbelt-leaders/

Seriously we need a revolution in this country.
I'll keep sounding it.
We are very good at complaining but we lack the will to act and stand against what we know is wrong...[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by Jman06(m): 9:49pm On Jan 25, 2019
omooba969:

Be careful what you wish for.
I'm afraid, that is what Buhari is asking for!
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by madridguy(m): 10:02pm On Jan 25, 2019
Do you know the law or you're just following the blind crowd?

sugarcoatedhoni:

Can we truly say... your senses are intact?

when we see illegality, let us call it the right name

no one says the CJN can't be tried

but why do it in an illegal way

is this truly a man of integrity?

is this what the law says?
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by madridguy(m): 10:04pm On Jan 25, 2019
Which useless constitution?

saintandsinnerz:

Are you loyal to Buhari or to nigerian constitution?
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by lafuria1(m): 10:08pm On Jan 25, 2019
OrangeDream:
Just imagine the nonsense you typed here. Is he the only one among the hundreds appointed by Buhari that failed to declare asset? What about his ministers and heads of agencies?

The plot here is to apply the Osun formular. Rerun first, APC declared the winner, Atiku appeals and their new man in the judiciary does their bidding. Can't you see it?.
Why should a chief justice of Nigeria be among any one that failed to declare asset. What ever the plot is the CJN made is is easy. If the CJN can lie under oath , them he has no right to imprison any criminal the law.

You have no idea who a CJN is, no idea reason you think is a small matter to have a CJN breaking laws
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by KingOfAmebo(m): 10:16pm On Jan 25, 2019
madridguy:
Sarrki, madam modath come and see the lifeless man giving the living wailers headache grin

Since the CJN cannot do the needful honorably then the man of integrity can show him way out.

Baye Buhari, you just made my day.

And when the country burns, you will not have a phone nor a data to type trash. Every thing to you na joke.

As you wish evil upon people same shall befall you.
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by ahiboilandgas: 10:40pm On Jan 25, 2019
22brains:
]A cow cannot rule a giant country. An illitrate does not understand the constitution. So i don't blame Buhari's malfunctional leadership.
don't have time for bigots

1 Like

Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by djacob(m): 10:44pm On Jan 25, 2019
Those who are supporting this Evil will leave to regret it.
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by Crenzywilliams(m): 10:45pm On Jan 25, 2019
madridguy:
Sarrki, madam modath come and see the lifeless man giving the living wailers headache grin

Since the CJN cannot do the needful honorably then the man of integrity can show him way out.

I wonder why some ppl foolishly follow PMB,the law should govern the land, the law show be the yardstick, and it clearly states that no CJN can b tried in a court of law, it also clearly states that only 2/3 of the senate house can remove a serving CJN. You call jubrin honorable, I laugh at you. He’s just perfecting he’s plans to rig the elections and then go to court to meet with his boys he’s just used to replace the former.
Grow some sense baba
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by Crenzywilliams(m): 10:45pm On Jan 25, 2019
madridguy:

I wonder why some ppl foolishly follow PMB,the law should govern the land, the law show be the yardstick, and it clearly states that no CJN can b tried in a court of law, it also clearly states that only 2/3 of the senate house can remove a serving CJN. You call jubrin honorable, I laugh at you. He’s just perfecting he’s plans to rig the elections and then go to court to meet with his boys he’s just used to replace the former.
Grow some sense baba, don’t be as lifeless and dull and jubrin.
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by madridguy(m): 10:46pm On Jan 25, 2019
Grow up kid and stop being emotional over issue beyond you.

Crenzywilliams:

Grow some sense baba
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by 22brains(m): 11:04pm On Jan 25, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
don't have time for bigots
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by ahiboilandgas: 11:12pm On Jan 25, 2019
22brains:
A word is enough for the wise.
bigotory and wiseness are mile away

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

14-year Old Kano Child Bride, Faces Death Penalty For Allegedly Killing Husband / Victor Umeh Buys A Car For Catholic Priest After Election Victory (Photos) / Dino Melaye Celebrates His Son On His Birthday (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.