Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,844 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action (66304 Views)

Femi Falana Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension / Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Saraki Reacts To Peter Obi's Performance At VP Debate. Ogundamisi Laughs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:48am On Jan 26, 2019
All mouth and playing to the gallery; if the president has acted illegally let him and the senate start an impeachment process, then lets see who is right and who is wrong.

So far the president has been winning all his legal wranglings; all opposed to him make big noises and eventually keep their peace - lets see what they can do this time.
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Malocity(m): 8:58am On Jan 26, 2019
Aufbauh:
The suspension of the CJN by PMB is one of the wisest decision this administration has taken since it assumption.
Nigeria is not a Banana Republic and we can't be perpetually impeded by frivolous technicalities in obviously clear case of misconduct.

Saraki and Co can rant till thy kingdom come but the true spirit of the law will have it way.

Who submitted the name of the Suspended CJN as at then?

Then read your first statement again, if you even knew what you meant. I pity for you.
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by jamace(m): 9:01am On Jan 26, 2019
Can Buhari suspend/remove the Senate President? NO. Therefore, Buhari can not suspend or remove the CJN.

What Buhari could have done to be on the part of law was to bring up the criminal allegations against the CJN before the NJC and the NASS, and then lobby the NJC and the NASS to vote for CJN removal/suspension.

Buhari is wrong!
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Basic123: 9:13am On Jan 26, 2019
OAUTemitayo:

The same way you hit the street when justice Ayo Salami was removed by Jonathan.

Nonsense
or when sanusi lamido sanusi was suspended
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by slimghost(m): 9:14am On Jan 26, 2019
Aufbauh:
The suspension of the CJN by PMB is one of the wisest decision this administration has taken since it assumption.
Nigeria is not a Banana Republic and we can't be perpetually impeded by frivolous technicalities in obviously clear case of misconduct.

Saraki and Co can rant till thy kingdom come but the true spirit of the law will have it way.

You and the 400 imbeciles that like your post are animals. Yes, Nigeria is not a BANANA REPUBLIC and that's why your president shouldn't bastardize our constitution any longer. We have a constitution for a reason son. You animals should at least teach your illiterate president about the 3 arms of a democratic government. Nitwits

1 Like

Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Ojiofor: 9:21am On Jan 26, 2019
Una never see something, just wait until Buhari announced himself winner of next month election una Eye go soon clear including the zombies that are hailing him now.
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Halo22: 9:56am On Jan 26, 2019
The NASS should commence impeachment proceedings immediately. This is outrageous and we cannot allow it to hold.
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by ajayiopy: 10:25am On Jan 26, 2019
Aufbauh:

BROTHER NO ONE IS SAYING HE SHOULD NOT BE IMPEACHED BUT FOLLOW THE DUE PROCESS. THE CONSTITUTION HAS SPELL OUT HOW PROCEEDING
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Bovis(m): 10:32am On Jan 26, 2019
Aufbauh:

Well stated, in addition I believe the likes of Saraki should be placed on serious security watch due to their desperation to undermine our collective intelligence

1 Like

Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Edojoma(m): 10:50am On Jan 26, 2019
bamidelee:

guns would be used to correct your head for you

Can't stop laughing,, grin grin grin grin angry angry grin grin

This is zoogeria,, look hw we living now
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by DerrickzB: 10:51am On Jan 26, 2019
[s][/s]
Aufbauh:

Hehehe.. and u believe u sounded reasonable U guys have sold ur conscience and patriotism.. when this crisis would result into civil war.. hehehe i hope u would be able to fend for urself in the bushes. Smh.
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by eodavids(m): 11:19am On Jan 26, 2019
Tetehjewels:
Cry me a waterfall saraki. Mr President has been handed the right to suspend the CJN by the CJN himself when he admitted in writing that he "forgot " to declare his assets which is against the law.

He thus cannot be a judge in his own case.

Blame the CJN and not Buhari.

Plus the constitution of Nigeria as you rightfully observed is silent regarding suspension but clear when it comes to removal. Thus it places no limitations on Mr President when it comes to suspending the CJN. It only does so when it comes to removal.

Case closed.

Case opened:

You may need a lesson on the principles of separation of powers.
Do not forget that separation of powers is what underlies democracy.

As we claim to be practicing Democracy, we must abide by the principles of separation of powers which is to the effect that the Legislature, the Executive and the Judiciary are the Three (3) Arms of of Government who acts as checks and balances one over another and democracy cannot be said to be in effect except where each of this 3 arms are operating independent of the other....

Note: There is a Head of the Legislature; Head of the Executive and Head of the Judiciary.
To remove a head of each arm requires recommendations and approval from the other arm(s).

EXCEPT YOU ARE WELL TAUGHT ON THE PRINCIPLES OF SEPARATION OF POWERS, YOU WILL BE RANTING MEANINGLESS WORDS HERE AND THERE.

The law is beautiful, because it looks at issues with broadmindedness, not with myopic lenses used by unlearned Nairalanders here.
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 26, 2019
eodavids:

Case opened:

You may need a lesson on the principles of separation of powers.
Do not forget that separation of powers is what underlies democracy.

As we claim to be practicing Democracy, we must abide by the principles of separation of powers which is to the effect that the Legislature, the Executive and the Judiciary are the Three (3) Arms of of Government who acts as checks and balances one over another and democracy cannot be said to be in effect except where each of this 3 arms are operating independent of the other....

Note: There is a Head of the Legislature; Head of the Executive and Head of the Judiciary.
To remove a head of each arm requires recommendations and approval from the other arm(s).

EXCEPT YOU ARE WELL TAUGHT ON THE PRINCIPLES OF SEPARATION OF POWERS, YOU WILL BE RANTING MEANINGLESS WORDS HERE AND THERE.

The law is beautiful, because it looks at issues with broadmindedness, not with myopic lenses used by unlearned Nairalanders here.

Perhaps you need a fresh lesson on the fact that the three arms of government though separate, still overlap in certain areas.

In this case for example, the CJN in a ruling back in 2013 gave absolute powers to the CCT to issue out punishments to an erring individual in the case of false asset declaration. He never envisaged that one day he would fall victim to his own ruling.

View the words from that ruling below

If I may repeat, the Code of Conduct Tribunal has been established with the exclusive jurisdiction to deal with all violations contravening any of the provisions of the Code as per paragraph 15(1). This provision has expressly ousted the powers of ordinary regular courts in respect of such violations.

The Tribunal to the exclusion of other courts is also empowered to impose any punishments as specified under sub-paragraphs (2) (a), (b) & (c) of paragraph 18 as provided in sub-paragraphs 3 and 4 of paragraph 18 while appeals shall lie as of right from such decisions to the Court of Appeal.

The real important question to ask at this stage is what is the consequences of the violation of the aforesaid paragraphs of the 5th Schedule to the 1999 Constitution?

The answer to the above question is to be found in Paragraph 12 of the said Part 1 of the 5th Schedule which enacts as follows: -‘Any allegation that a public officer has committed a breach of provisions of this code shall be made to the Code of Conduct Bureau.’

“It is my considered view that the above provision is very clear and unambiguous. It provides a remedy in the event of any alleged breach of the provisions. The remedy lies with the Code of Conduct Bureau which has been clothed with the requisite jurisdiction to handle such matters.

This above gave the CCT the powers to order a suspension of the CJN and that order is valid based on the powers vested on the CCT by our constitution as interpreted by the CJN in 2013 in his own ruling.

Buhari is within the boundaries of the law by obeying the order of the CCT.

Again, case closed
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by sirjoe1124(m): 12:41pm On Jan 26, 2019
rumelovelace:
Abuse of office is RIGHT
Don't quote me again....
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 26, 2019
Aufbauh:

He shld have followed d due process. I just pity d nigeria we ar going into
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Ategberoson(m): 1:47pm On Jan 26, 2019
Evercurious:

HERE GOES EVERY FORM OF STUPIDITY

is that why you're writing in capital letter? upcoming witch
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Evercurious(f): 2:55pm On Jan 26, 2019
Ategberoson:

is that why you're writing in capital letter? upcoming witch

AND THERE GOES A BLOOD BAPTISED WIZARD
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Ategberoson(m): 3:13pm On Jan 26, 2019
Evercurious:

AND THERE GOES A BLOOD BAPTISED WIZARD

with that your yam legs. abeg dissolve to the air
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Evercurious(f): 3:29pm On Jan 26, 2019
Ategberoson:

with that your yam legs. abeg dissolve to the air

IF ONLY YOU KNEW HOW BEAUTIFUL ,STRAIGHT AND WELL STRUCTURED LEGS I VE GOT....TRUST ME I KNOW YOUR TYPE,,YOU WLD EAT FROM THEM ,DILAPITATED BEING OH SORRY 'THING' LIKE YOU
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Isokehn(m): 3:53pm On Jan 26, 2019
babyphaze07:
If surely we don't agree with Buhari, let's stop ranting on Nairaland. Let's hit the street and bring his govt down.

Back to Sudan is 1000%
babyphaze07 post=75112446:
If surely we don't agree with Buhari, let's stop ranting on Nairaland. Let's hit the street and bring his govt down.

Back to Sudan is 1000% certain.

Hypocrisy is when a Nigerian which has never witnessed a credible, reasonable free and fair election until 2015 is talking about hitting the street. More pitiable is them testing out (without rehearsals) their siezed guns on the most honest and sincere leader the nation has never had since ages past. PMB is not your scapegoat. Deal with your former leader-oppressors first and then we can get started talking.

Talk about power you never really had. .
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Ategberoson(m): 4:23pm On Jan 26, 2019
Evercurious:

IF ONLY YOU KNEW HOW BEAUTIFUL ,STRAIGHT AND WELL STRUCTURED LEGS I VE GOT....TRUST ME I KNOW YOUR TYPE,,YOU WLD EAT FROM IT, DILAPITATED BEING OH SORRY 'THING' LIKE YOU

eat from the smelly things you're carrying about cheesy

first class mumu
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Evercurious(f): 6:48pm On Jan 26, 2019
Ategberoson:

eat from the smelly things you're carrying about cheesy

first class mumu

YOUR MOUTH DON TIRE YOU? DILAPITATED THING LIKE YOU
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Ategberoson(m): 7:22pm On Jan 26, 2019
Evercurious:

YOUR MOUTH DON TIRE YOU? DILAPITATED THING LIKE YOU

dilapidated u meant? you and your Igbo English is just entertaining me cheesy

you are even bragging with your leftover pvssy that many dirty guys have spoilt grin
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Evercurious(f): 7:40pm On Jan 26, 2019
Ategberoson:

dilapidated u meant? you and your Igbo English is just entertaining me cheesy

you are even bragging with your leftover pvssy that many dirty guys have spoilt grin

OOH YES, DILAPITATED I INSIST COS YOU ARE A THING TO ME. NO SENSE AT ALL. HENCE YOU STILL REMAIN 'A THING'
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Ategberoson(m): 8:33pm On Jan 26, 2019
Evercurious:

OOH YES, DILAPITATED I INSIST COS YOU ARE A THING TO ME. NO SENSE AT ALL. HENCE YOU STILL REMAIN 'A THING'

you wish you could have me cheesy but I won't give you that privilege until you learn how to relate words with your point

I can't help your off point talk, I only laugh it off
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Evercurious(f): 9:01pm On Jan 26, 2019
Ategberoson:

you wish you could have me cheesy but I won't give you that privilege until you learn how to relate words with your point

I can't help your off point talk, I only laugh it off

OOH DEAR, SUCH SENSELESS THOUGHT... DID YOU JUST USE THE WORD 'LAUGH'? YOUR MOUTH AND HAND DON TIRE YOU? STUPID
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Ategberoson(m): 1:52am On Jan 27, 2019
Evercurious:

OOH DEAR, SUCH SENSELESS THOUGHT... DID YOU JUST USE THE WORD 'LAUGH'? YOUR MOUTH AND HAND DON TIRE YOU? STUPID

cross your heart to say you don't wish because I wonder why you tried advertising yourself in the earlier post. you thought I flock around ladies here but I don't loved, no feelings zero care

what's hand don tire you stupid? does that sound like what to read to you? you need not to embarrass yourself further with all this village English

get a life and stop ranting like a spoilt toy
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by marvinsync(m): 3:24am On Jan 27, 2019
Aufbauh:

u unwise man

two wrongs don't and has never made a right , if the CJN is corrupt then there are due process for that , if u are accused of corruption would u like it if u are sent to prison without even going to jail

the judiciary is a third arm of government and as such should be independent of other arms if the president (executive ) can be changing CJN's like he changes the his sim card that would be a stain on democracy
something far greater than any corruption PDP has ever committed

don't let ur support for this guy blind u

remember the devil himself has followers and they are with him in hell!
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by marvinsync(m): 3:39am On Jan 27, 2019
Tetehjewels:
Cry me a waterfall saraki. Mr President has been handed the right to suspend the CJN by the CJN himself when he admitted in writing that he "forgot " to declare his assets which is against the law.

He thus cannot be a judge in his own case.

Blame the CJN and not Buhari.

Plus the constitution of Nigeria as you rightfully observed is silent regarding suspension but clear when it comes to removal. Thus it places no limitations on Mr President when it comes to suspending the CJN. It only does so when it comes to removal.

Case closed.

don't u see blind man

it's not about "right"

the president "CAN'T" suspend the CJN
it's against the constitution , the president himself just broke the law and he wants to judge someone else who broke it?

buhari has a long history of being an hypocrite in everything he allegedly stands for
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by marvinsync(m): 3:51am On Jan 27, 2019
Patrioticman007:
The CCT advised PMB to suspend the CJN pending the determination of his case. Once he is found not guilty he will be reinstated. Nobody should be above the law, if saraki as the Number 3 citizen of Nigeria, was docked and he won the case. Why won't the number 5 citizen defend his name in the court, if truly he is innocent, he has noting to fear, for he will be reinstated immediately after the trial. God bless Nigeria.

ur right nobody should , including the president

and it is against the law for the president to suspend the CJN

how can in a democracy an arm of government would have so much direct power over another ? that would defeat whole point which is for an arm of government to be independent ,

and which CCT ? the court of appeal (a higher court than the CCT) has already told the CCT to stop the case against CJN , so what powers do they have to tell buhari to do anything

listen stop following blindly when something is wrong it's wrong
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by marvinsync(m): 3:54am On Jan 27, 2019
Tetehjewels:

He got the powers the moment the CJN admitted to his "crime of omission" in which ignorance is not an excuse in the face of the law.

In that event he cannot be a judge in his own case. He was given the opportunity to voluntarily step aside pending the outcome of his case but he refused. He therefore had ri be suspended on those grounds.

And regarding your earlier ganduje nonsense, he has immunity now. Such an immunity not enjoyed by the CJN

why are u so ignorant , why are u trying so hard to follow buhari ?

even a person sentenced to death still has rights , even if u admit to a crime u are innocent until a court says ur guilty, if the CJN is guilty there are procedures for this

not the president changing CJN'S like changing the TV channel

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

If You No Wan Vote For APC Go Your House - Thug Threatens Voters In Lagos (vide / How They Buried HID Awolowo (photos) / APC Zones Presidency To South West, VP To North East - Tribune

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.