Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,523 members, 7,823,281 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Onnoghen: NBA Urges National Assembly To Save Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen: NBA Urges National Assembly To Save Nigeria (30299 Views)

Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed / Breaking: FG Asks CJN Onnoghen To Vacate Office Over Asset Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen: NBA Urges National Assembly To Save Nigeria by cobsol(m): 6:25am On Jan 26, 2019
Aufbauh:
Even if Buhari fails to return 2019, God forbid he will be remember in the history of Nigeria as the president that fought corruption head long without fear or favour.

I dey feel PMB for his sagacity, focus and firmness!

Even if you open 50 nairaland accounts daily just so you can spill rubbish here, your payment will still be 30k.

There is deep hunger so who will blame you? Poor thing
Re: Onnoghen: NBA Urges National Assembly To Save Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 6:42am On Jan 26, 2019
rusher14:
They are on recess till after elections.

If they try any stunt, they would find the national assembly well guarded with battle ready mobile policemen.

You fools are supporting Nigeria's slide into anarchy and dictatorship

Make una continue

when the effects begin to manifest

You will start to cry foul
Re: Onnoghen: NBA Urges National Assembly To Save Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 6:43am On Jan 26, 2019
cobsol:

Even if you open 50 nairaland accounts daily just so you can spill rubbish here, your payment will still be 30k.

There is deep hunger so who will blame you? Poor thing

I can't believe anyone with a functional brain will support this kind of thing
Re: Onnoghen: NBA Urges National Assembly To Save Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 6:46am On Jan 26, 2019
deomelo:

In sane countries, this judge go don land inside jail a long long time ago.

You people love and support corruption and lawlessness, but at the same time, you want to live in a sane and lawful country at the same time.

How do you reconcile that

in a sane country Buhari would have been thrown out of office by now

for lying about his waec certificate

For disregard of court orders

For staying away from NIGERIA For a long time without addressing the country

The list is endless.

This country is done for cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: NBA Urges National Assembly To Save Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 6:47am On Jan 26, 2019
Bamibor:
This is the single gravest assault ever perpetuated against the Nigerian constitution in the history of this country. Anyone who for partisan or whatever sentimental reasons, takes side with this constitutional rape is simply not looking forward to leaving even a half-livable nation to generations ahead of us. I weep for my country. Sanity has gone to the dogs!

don't mind them
Re: Onnoghen: NBA Urges National Assembly To Save Nigeria by coputa(m): 6:59am On Jan 26, 2019
modath:
cheesy cheesy

Same NBA?? That its president is out on a 250m Naira bail over corruption, fraud & money laundering charges? Same NBA? I laugh in Forgetfulness.. cheesy

By the way, National Assembly don close sef. cool
So therefore,they should turn a blind eye to the oppression and tyranny being perpetuated by a bad and unpopular government.
Re: Onnoghen: NBA Urges National Assembly To Save Nigeria by RTSC: 7:06am On Jan 26, 2019
IDUNMOTA:

Buhari can not, the kano state house of Assembly is the only place where is fate can be decided.
The NJC is the only place where onnoghen fate can be decided.
That is according to the constitution. The same constitution that protects ganduje.

Buhari decided to break the constitution in the one case that favoured him.

He is a charlatan.
Re: Onnoghen: NBA Urges National Assembly To Save Nigeria by RTSC: 7:19am On Jan 26, 2019
Iblad0994:

The issue here is the CJN. I care less about Ganduje and the last time i checked the governors enjoy some form of immunity. So lets face the issue of discourse. Buhari just made my day because we need a strong president that is willing to take a stand against corruption irrespective of who is involved. Although, it might be better if Ganduje can be tried, but at least start trying the thieves one by one and anybody who is corrupt in this country will be aware that one day the hand of law will judge them.

If Jonathan got the balls to convict or suspend corrupt people, Buhari would have been left with little to deal with.
I could care less about the CJN. Where was he when disobeying court orders and breaching the constitution.?

He was somewhere else enjoying the show , now he has ended in the belly of the beast.

I don't care about the CJN at all.

The issue is that the CJN is protected by some form of immunity, just like ganduje.

That immunity can only be breached by the NJC, just like ganduje own is dependent on the state National Assembly.

Buhari decided to abuse presidential powers in the one case that favoured him and looked the way in a far more glaring case.
He even called ganduje a responsible governor in Paris.

Ordering ganduje arrest would not be so different from what he has done to the CJN.

Buhari the corrupt nepotic slowpoke knows what he is doing.

Corruption is not fought this way. Just watch and see the opposition that will push back against him.

Tanko Muhammad is not going to decide all his court cases for him.
Re: Onnoghen: NBA Urges National Assembly To Save Nigeria by Donpuzo101(m): 7:21am On Jan 26, 2019
Aufbauh:
Even if Buhari fails to return 2019, God forbid he will be remember in the history of Nigeria as the president that fought corruption head long without fear or favour.

you must be stupid for saying this
Re: Onnoghen: NBA Urges National Assembly To Save Nigeria by reuben79: 7:26am On Jan 26, 2019
Lol....I just dey laugh..what do u expect if illiterate is managing ur company or ur property?nigeria's never see anything..give kudos to obj he always see far
Re: Onnoghen: NBA Urges National Assembly To Save Nigeria by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 26, 2019
deomelo:

Sadly for you hate mongering, bitter and angry Igbos, you still have to deal with PYO as the president of Nigeria from 2023-2031.

Start getting used to it.

You do not even know the region I am from and you have assumed I am an ibo, calling me an ipob. Bro, leave politics aside and let us face the truth. I do not make comments on politics. If you were the president would you really do what this man has just done? Leave politics aside. Buhari has just made things extremely worse even for himself. I can imagine what he is going to do if he returns. Ok... if you were the ibos, how would you feel? Cos it is Igbos vs afonja everytime. Why? I am talking about this man called Buhari. He is just a partial human being. Let us face the truth.
Re: Onnoghen: NBA Urges National Assembly To Save Nigeria by emmy4life02(m): 7:32am On Jan 26, 2019
Aufbauh:

Fought corruption, abi opposition. I am not understanding u
Re: Onnoghen: NBA Urges National Assembly To Save Nigeria by tk4rd: 7:34am On Jan 26, 2019
1. The Executive..
2. The Legislative..
3. The Judiciary..
______
Can anybody in No.1 sack or suspend or expel anybody in No.2 or in No.3 with immediate effect under any circumstances??
(If there are circumstances for such, what are they? And what are the procedures?)
___
Can anybody in No.2 or in No.3 sack or suspend or expel anybody from any of the other arms of government with immediate effect under any circumstances?
(If there are circumstances for such, what are they? And what are the procedures?)
Re: Onnoghen: NBA Urges National Assembly To Save Nigeria by MNDY(m): 7:39am On Jan 26, 2019
sammyj:
Did I here National Assembly to save their pockets

Lololololololololololololol
Re: Onnoghen: NBA Urges National Assembly To Save Nigeria by olajizz01(m): 7:50am On Jan 26, 2019
Mmlanrehh:

Check my Moniker and u'll know am a Yoruba.
Deception
Re: Onnoghen: NBA Urges National Assembly To Save Nigeria by Kingdelex(m): 8:06am On Jan 26, 2019
Buhari must think we are in military era....

Re: Onnoghen: NBA Urges National Assembly To Save Nigeria by jaxxy(m): 8:12am On Jan 26, 2019
SexExpert:
Nigeria is in a deep mess

Buhari is wasting his time. He’s only looking for trouble. He can’t be the decide who is corrupt and who is not when it suits him. This is an illegal and unconstitutional act in futility.
Re: Onnoghen: NBA Urges National Assembly To Save Nigeria by buharified009(m): 8:13am On Jan 26, 2019
EzeNri:
Impeach the bascad.
Dan Boro ba
Re: Onnoghen: NBA Urges National Assembly To Save Nigeria by owunabastard: 8:18am On Jan 26, 2019
Judicial that is calling senate to save them, can't they save themselves? Why not use court order to stop the suspension?
Re: Onnoghen: NBA Urges National Assembly To Save Nigeria by EzeNri(m): 8:37am On Jan 26, 2019
Jowonloju:

Sorry you don't have the number. Buhari has just shown you guys he's ahead of the game!
SE/SS are not Yorubas. I pray you guys will have the mind to handle the consequences in coming days. Watch!!!!
Re: Onnoghen: NBA Urges National Assembly To Save Nigeria by semyman: 9:22am On Jan 26, 2019
NBA should be ashamed, they are behind the decay in the judiciary.
NBA should split into corruption prone and anti corruption NBA
Re: Onnoghen: NBA Urges National Assembly To Save Nigeria by BeansAndBread(m): 10:08am On Jan 26, 2019
Ellie01:

I am sure u yourself know u r corrupt, u know many pepo is dis govt by far more corrupt but action will consume even u in time.

Atleast, the CJN has a known source of the funds seen, or is it in contention too?
Imagine this rubbish, what's his source of income? His salary is around N900,000 so how exactly did he acquire the wealth? The CJN is in this administration or government, and so you gat no point. Defending corruption is bad, and you're one of the problems we have in this country.
Re: Onnoghen: NBA Urges National Assembly To Save Nigeria by Olumeme: 11:24am On Jan 26, 2019
Lol, they should be on the streets protesting
Re: Onnoghen: NBA Urges National Assembly To Save Nigeria by Moventist: 12:26pm On Jan 26, 2019
Jonathan:

In Biafra

I am not Biafra nor support it course but Walter Onnoghen remains our CJN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Muaz Magaji Deletes Post Celebrating Taliban After Backlash / 2023: Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso Obtains ₦30 Million NNPP Presidential Nomination Form / Buhari Appoints Adedotun Sulaiman As FRN Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.