Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,174 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

The 10 Biggest Lies You Must Have Read On Nairaland - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The 10 Biggest Lies You Must Have Read On Nairaland (530 Views)

Do Not Attempt To Make Money Online Until You Have Read This / 5 Annoying Blatant Lies You Tell Yourself About Money That Makes You Remain In S / The Biggest Lies People Told Me About Entrepreneurship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The 10 Biggest Lies You Must Have Read On Nairaland by newinsta: 4:01am On Jan 26, 2019
Hello friends the year has begun and I am sure you will soon be seeing topics such as “5 easy way to make money online”, “make money from home”, “10 money-making systems online” etc. I am going to debunk these myths, I stand to be corrected where am wrong, since there is no monopoly of knowledge, however with over seven years in the ICT industry and have tried a couple of these online businesses I can share something worthwhile, I will try to make the list based on popularity:
1. Blogging: each time clients/students enquire on this, one word is usually very consistent “passion”, this above other factors is the main reason anyone can succeed in blogging, those making it sound easy fails to tell you that passion is not enough, you need patience your first earning may not come within the first 18 months, you need to have good writing skills (most bloggers don’t even consider this, I am pretty sure you have read poor grammar, bad spelling etc.), you need to be persistent and consistent, you will also need to pay affiliate marketers, run google adverts and social media adverts.
2. Affiliate marketing: the advertisers are more interested in the number of people reached, not in one person bringing in thousands of people, this is why no matter how well you do it, you at maximum earn just enough to cover basic expenses and just a little for your effort.
3. Freelancing: the platforms include upwork, fiverr etc , it is always laughable when I see people promising revealing secrets that will help people earn bigger on such platform, they keep talking about educating people if they are really earning the focus will be different, I will reveal why it is very difficult to earn big from such platforms, competition is intense, just imagine competing with youths who are doing the same thing as you but with better computers, constant electricity, free internet, better environments etc., and are willing to do it for free or for a ridiculously cheap price!
4. Web design: this is also often listed, I am one of those who started web design early, those days we were forced to learn the technology from scratch, you just must learn how to code and design, these days there are numerous tools out there not to talk of free templates, this has made the market over saturated, we no longer charge(earn) as much as we used to those days, however design goes beyond installing wordpress themes or using any cms, It has to do with understanding the nature of the business you are designing a website for, in this case there must be back and forth communication between the client and the designer, in another post I will elaborate on this, so that you do not give your web projects to mediocre who will kill it before even launching it.
5. AdSense: Just last week again another of my clients said somebody told him that as people visit his website he is supposed to earn from them, it’s just like saying somebody pay just for visiting you at your home or office, it doesn’t work that way, however you can permit google to advertise on your website, this is known as adsense(PPC), you can only earn when, somebody through a google ad on your website visits the advertising company and perform an activity, it is not just because they clicked on the ad but because they follow through(google crawlers monitors this), you are only paid 25 cent, so for you to earn high you must have massive traffic, but the question is why will I set up a website just to divert people into other people’s website?
6. Programmer: first, I think this should be removed from the list because high skill is required for success, the only reason am adding this is because the words “programmer” or “software developer” have been bastardize mostly by bloggers and youtubers, in as much as I can agree that you can learn how to code from youtube tutorials and good books within few months, it will require years of practice to using these skills into solving real life problems, programmers are problem solver, most times clients will first ask me ‘can this or that be done?’ this is where you separate the wanna-bes from the experts, I often see boys who only knows how to install wordpress themes(or other cms) and able to write few lines of code go about calling themselves programmers/software developers, when the work becomes complex they will start looking for people like us to fix it, for instance; two weeks ago a landlord who has multiple tenants contacted me he wanted an app that will notify both him and his tenants, periodically starting from one month before their rent expires. This kind of problem no themes or template can do this; you can’t buy the script from anywhere you just have to write it from scratch.
7. Youtube: do a google search on the most watched video on youtube, you will discover it must fall under entertainment, that tells you a lot about the worlds priority, so if you want to make money as a youtuber focus on music or any entertainment, don’t forget you have to promote and get positive review as well, good luck.
8. Ebooks: This is one of the most laughable, I have seen people here, trying hard to sell an ebook, knowing very well that Nigerians hate reading, the book market only success formula is positive review, organization and referrals.
9. Forex: this requires skills, good resources (fast internet connection, good computers etc.), the annoying thing is that there are many scams out there.
10. Cryptocurrency: this is one of my favorite because I have deep knowledge in it, and am still an unrepentant bitcoin advocate. As juicy as this may appear, it is the most volatile of all, last year I worked or on two crypto projects for a client, they were sincere, they really want people to make money through their platform, they even had sufficient funding to push it through but eventually they failed! Mostly because of poor timing and poor marketing campaign, both the founders and the investors lost their money.
Also I am not trying to discourage anyone into venturing into any of these, I just wanted you to have a different perspective from the sugar coated articles being shared, this list is not exhaustive I may also have omitted something feel free to mention it in your comment.
Finally I had taken time studying the most effective success factor in all of this, and then I discovered its TIMING. Those who started early enough find success easier than those coming earlier, for instance there can never be a blogger who will earn as high as Linda in Nigeria, you can never earn as high as those who did the gnld network marketing (most popular affiliate program, though offline) early enough, nor can you earn much with adsense compared to few years ago, meaning the earlier you get on any NEW platform the better your chances of success in the long run.
Talking about new platform permit me to introduce http://www.instainvest.com.ng this is the portal for an investment company me and my team were hired to develop last year, they invest on wide array of investment portfolio from technology to agriculture, the system help to raise money through crowd funding, the space here will not be enough to give detailed explanation, therefore visit their home page or http://www.instainvest.com.ng/faq.html however I am going to answer some of the frequently asked question I was asked last week by some investors.
a. How much can I invest? In as much as you can invest as low as N5000 I will encourage you not to invest less than N20,000 reasons is: your daily earning is 2% meaning the higher you invest the bigger your daily earnings, second reason is that, the company is offering “debt equity” meaning your money was borrow and will be paid back with interest, that is; even if the company went bankrupt (which is not possible) your money will be paid back so no need to fear loss.
b. Why can’t I activate with transferred fund? That is because your account is barren(new account) you are expected to make deposit, so you can activate your account, transferred funds are sellable, this is for investors who may not be able to wait for high yield, they are giving the ability to sell their investment to other investors.
c. After investing? Nothing, just study the platform, invest more money when you have, withdraw when you want, sell your excess earnings or give it out freely, as I am about to do now.
d. Where is my account number? Login into the dashboard, your account number is on your dashboard, scroll down if you are using a mobile device,(use chrome browser).
I am going to give N10k each to 15 people, I had done this before, and willing to do more, you may check this post https://www.nairaland.com/4937199/giving-3k-30-people-how the only conditions attached are:
I. You must register using my referral link[url] http://www.instainvest.com.ng/investors/register.php?email=thelaw111@gmail.com[/url]
II. Send me your account number to 0 8 10 9076869 whatsapp only.
Below is a snapshot of my dashboard.

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Biggest Lies You Must Have Read On Nairaland by atre: 11:04am On Jan 26, 2019
Uk Fiverr review for sale.... WHATSAPP 08142267068.

(1) (Reply)

Highlights Of Ec-council’s New Version- CEH V10 / Which Site Can Tell Me About Latest Walk-in Interviews In Dubai? / Ncdmb/crt/naoc Hcd Training: A Deadlock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.