Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,352 members, 7,822,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch (39130 Views)

Court Stops FG From Trying Walter Onnoghen, CJN / Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by Cajal(m): 6:17am On Jan 26, 2019
U ARE INSINUATING...
Bloody liars
Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by earthsync(f): 6:18am On Jan 26, 2019
SalamRushdie:

there is no pains as Buharis action remains ultra vires and at best is just a figment of his own imagination ..He possesses no such powers in reality and has only succeeded in amusing himself and his band of zombie Jesters ..

please go and read Section 11 of the Interpretation Act, Cap 123, Vol. 8, LFN, 2004, and read the CCT's order before spewing trash.

An order the same acclaimed CJN gave is biting him in the ass

If I may repeat, the Code of Conduct Tribunal has been established with the exclusive jurisdiction to deal with all violations contravening any of the provisions of the Code as per paragraph 15(1). This provision has expressly ousted the powers of ordinary regular courts in respect of such violations.

“The Tribunal to the exclusion of other courts is also empowered to impose any punishments as specified under sub-paragraphs (2) (a), (b) & (c) of paragraph 18 as provided in sub-paragraphs 3 and 4 of paragraph 18 while appeals shall lie as of right from such decisions to the Court of Appeal.

The real important question to ask at this stage is what is the consequences of the violation of the aforesaid paragraphs of the 5th Schedule to the 1999 Constitution?

“The answer to the above question is to be found in Paragraph 12 of the said Part 1 of the 5th Schedule which enacts as follows: -‘Any allegation that a public officer has committed a breach of provisions of this code shall be made to the Code of Conduct Bureau.’

“It is my considered view that the above provision is very clear and unambiguous. It provides a remedy in the event of any alleged breach of the provisions. The remedy lies with the Code of Conduct Bureau which has been clothed with the requisite jurisdiction to handle such matters.”

The CCT HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO SANCTION THE CJN

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by EponOjuku: 6:20am On Jan 26, 2019
[[s]quote author=SalamRushdie post=75119981]

there is no pains as Buharis action remains ultra vires and at best is just a figment of his own imagination ..He possesses no such powers in reality and has only succeeded in amusing himself and his band of zombie Jesters ..[/quote][/s]

You're making progress. You're still in the Denial stage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by SalamRushdie: 6:21am On Jan 26, 2019
earthsync:

please go and read Section 11 of the Interpretation Act, Cap 123, Vol. 8, LFN, 2004, and read the CCT's order before spewing trash.

if you really read the intepretation act then you will see his action is ultra Vires as the act clearly warns against the president acting above his limitations and his limitations is the constitution...you are too dull now GTFOH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by EponOjuku: 6:23am On Jan 26, 2019
SalamRushdie:

if you really read the intprtation act then you will will his action is ultra Votes as it clear clearly warns against the president acting within his limitations and his limitations is the constitution...you are too dull now GTFOH

Chai, Salam of Ebonyi has become a casualty of this Onnoghen's matter. Imagine the incoherent jargons he typed.

And I warned you not to allow this thing make you mad but you no dey hear word.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by earthsync(f): 6:29am On Jan 26, 2019
SalamRushdie:

if you really read the intprtation act then you will will his action is ultra Votes as it clear clearly warns against the president acting within his limitations and his limitations is the constitution...you are too dull now GTFOH

How old is this guy? I'm sorry for your severe heartache undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by orisa37: 6:37am On Jan 26, 2019
The suspension is undemocratic, mischievous and utra vires the Presidency.
Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by Nobody: 6:38am On Jan 26, 2019
hucienda:
Buhari has removed all pretense and has gone for broke.

This mistake of a tribal and religious bigot must never again be found at the helm of affairs of a diverse multi-ethnic country. As it stands, even if Atiku wins the election in three weeks time, you don't need a soothsayer to tell you INEC would not declare him president-elect. Danger lurks ahead.

It is up to Nigerians to save Nigeria.

May God help us.

My brother, that is exactly what is going to happen. Atiku will win, bubu will attempt to manipulate. I'm not trying to make a projection, I'm telling you the future I've seen. But atiku will eventually be sworn in after Buhari's hand has been forced by an intervention. There may be a small crisis in Nigeria.
Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by orisa37: 6:41am On Jan 26, 2019
The Executive has just made a rude intrusion into the Judiciary.
Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by Mystick: 6:41am On Jan 26, 2019
kahal29:
All these conspiracy theories here and there doesn't deal with the substance of the matter at hand.... The main question still remains..... Did Chief Justice Onnoghen forget to declare his assets properly or not? Claiming that over $3 million that was traced to his account was a mistake?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CtpE4w1Veg
The main question should be, which one of these two is supreme? An order from CCT and our constitution?

Assuming we want to overlook both of them and allow one person to apply the law how he wishes what then stops him from applying fairly. first tell us what has happened concerning Oshiomole's case which he has been fighting to stop being probed, tell me about Babashir lawal case who happens to be Buhari's presidential campaign organiser, tell me about Maina case, tell me about Obanikoro's case and many more who are hiding behind the APC broom, tell us about Akpabio's case. Why the sudden desperation to remove the CJN at this crucial time?
If you are sincere to yourself, then you will see there is more to the judges intimidation than the corruption fighting smokescreen you are seeing.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by zlantanfan: 6:44am On Jan 26, 2019
handie:
I don't know about the legality of the CJN's sack(I leave that to the lawyers) and tho all evidence point to d man being guilty, I feel the timing is wrong and will unnecessarily overheat the polity this close to an election.... Another thing all the CJN drama highlights is the fact that Buhari can still be that hard nosed tough man we voted for in 2015 who takes decisions without fear of backlash so far he feels such decision is best. Seriously, I ain't in d Buhari is a dictator murdering our democracy bandwagon cause seriously, the CJN ain't denying d charges but is rather fighting the legality of his ouster... And Buhari actually relied on a court order...... But still on still, this ain't needed this close to an election..... He could and should have waited till after February 16th and as for PDP, their wailing over this issue is just pathetic..... Buhari's 2nd term won't be funny
PDP was hoping to take power through the PDP judges Walter was to appoint

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by amaechi1: 6:45am On Jan 26, 2019
orion7:
zombies. rejoice not.

if buhari sinks Nigeria you guys will suffer the consequence too.

No body is sinking nigeria except we as national as lost morale and the poor will spill their blood to defend the elite that cannot obey the first principle of justice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by Yomboy4ever(m): 6:45am On Jan 26, 2019
kahal29:
All these conspiracy theories here and there doesn't deal with the substance of the matter at hand.... The main question still remains..... Did Chief Justice Onnoghen forget to declare his assets properly or not? Claiming that over $3 million that was traced to his account was a mistake?

The goats and yam eaters will never answer your question. Congratulations to the new Cj. Let the wailers and supporters of corruption go and die.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by StevenOba: 6:47am On Jan 26, 2019
I'm sure PDP has bribed Walter and they were planning to do same with the new Judges he was about to appoint. Lol he dey pain them gan. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by ORIENTATION101: 6:48am On Jan 26, 2019
The election is over already.pdp final hope of buying black market justices at the supreme court has been quashed .now they have suspend their campaign activities to mourn their member onnoghen who was suspended

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by MadamExcellency: 6:48am On Jan 26, 2019
haryorbarmie83:
I support Buhari on this, CJN is corrupt, we need more of PMB in this country. Only those who enjoy free money during PDP era will continue to wail. Work hard for your money, no more free money. Argue with your forefather's.

Logically, you support military coup to oust President Buhari for breakdown of security and thousand deaths in Northern Nigeria and middle-belt.

You're evil for supporting unconstitutionai subvention of democracy.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by orion7: 7:08am On Jan 26, 2019
Oblang:

Chest beater..Buhari need to suspend ur brain..
zombie shut up

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by fk001(m): 7:40am On Jan 26, 2019
SalamRushdie:

there is no pains as Buharis action remains ultra vires and at best is just a figment of his own imagination ..He possesses no such powers in reality and has only succeeded in amusing himself and his band of zombie Jesters ..

The corrupt CJN is gone for good. Deal with that.

Buhari has same mindset as Hameed Ali, Abba Kyari and the new CJN, not matter how you protest Buhari won't change anything it is a done deal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:43am On Jan 26, 2019
fk001:

The corrupt CJN is gone for good. Deal with that.

Buhari has same mindset as Hameed Ali, Abba Kyari and the new CJN, not matter how you protest Buhari won't change anything it is a done deal.

Sharaap.Justice Onnoggen remains the CJN.In the comming days you will know who is in charge of the judiciary.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by fk001(m): 7:48am On Jan 26, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

Sharaap.Justice Onnoggen remains the CJN.In the comming days you will know who is in charge of the judiciary.

Okay let's wait and see how things will unfold.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by Ruddyman(m): 7:49am On Jan 26, 2019
Hmmmmmm
Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by CrestMan: 8:02am On Jan 26, 2019
kahal29:

This elderly SAN is an APC apologist! cheesy
Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by kettykin: 8:07am On Jan 26, 2019
kahal29:

Buhari that declared his assets, did he declare the N55m bike that yusuf had accident . Where on earth is Buhari's waec results. Things are not adding up. Buhari became president without presenting the requisite qualifications

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by KingOvo(m): 8:18am On Jan 26, 2019
Reading through Nairaland comments has to be one of the most mentally stressful things I do all day.
I'm here reading comments on how Buhari is right to sack the CJN and I'm shaking my head rigorously.
Agreeing without conceding that he is guilty (innocent until proven otherwise right), since when did the executive have the power to remove officials of the judiciary?
What happened to the concept of the Independence of the Judiciary? Since the case is in a court of competent jurisdiction, why didn't Buhari trust the process and wait for their pronouncement?
This a blatant disregard for the rule of Separation of Powers and there are people here saying they're in support of the removal.
Obasanjo was perhaps right, Buhari is another Abacha, and if they're people still in support of this nonsense, the future of this country is bleak.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by Adewumiaye: 8:19am On Jan 26, 2019
design websites @affordable prices yet robust, contact today,
I can help if you're having problems too.. All at affordable prices
inbox or whatsapp (check signature for contact details)
Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by wakes: 8:19am On Jan 26, 2019
story
Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by Threexbuzz9ja: 8:20am On Jan 26, 2019
Re: Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch by michoim(m): 8:21am On Jan 26, 2019
And why did Onnoghen,doing the bidding of APC, hurriedly want to constitute such panel of PDP judges when he is faced with trial in court

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ISWAP Terrorists Seize Military Base In Borno / Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka / INEC Releases Statement On The Supreme Court Judgment On Zamfara Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.