Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,099 members, 7,814,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Heart Of Jezebel - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Heart Of Jezebel (539 Views)

Every Woman Is A Jezebel ... Or Delilah ... Or Both / Snatched: Heart Of A Wanderer, Soul Of A Lover. Short Story By The Aniekan Umana / Heart Of A Lucifer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heart Of Jezebel by hearts4real: 6:08pm On Jan 26, 2019
The arrays of products arranged on the long shelves were many. Sophia looked at them longingly. At the provision sections, she wished she could pick each of the various sizes of beverages, from the cocoa products to the diary milk and evaporated milk powder. Yes, she wished she could have each of them, but could not. The simple reason was she did not have the money.

She walked to the end of the long part of the provision section of the supermarket. While other shoppers were doing serious shopping, Sophia was ‘sight-shopping.’ At the end of the line, the was a lone woman with a trolley. She picked up a bottle of perfume and closely examined it. It seemed no one was watching, so Sophia quickly picked Arden perfume. She was sure it was expensive, but she had no time to read the price label. Smartly, she slipped it inside her jeans side pocket. Her long t-shirt covered the bulge, and she was sure no one had noticed her.

There was no time to waste again. She moved back to the provision section and picked a big loaf of sliced bread. That was the only thing she could afford. She moved to the sales girl and showed her what she intended to pay for.

A uniformed guard approached her. Sophia’s heart raced but she tried to keep a calm mien.

‘Four hundred naira,’ the sales girl informed.

From her folded left palm, Sophia brought a five hundred naira note out and stretched her hand towards the sales girl.

‘You should pay for the perfume you bought too, ‘ the guard said.

Sophia froze. The sales girl stared at her and turned to the guard.

‘Yes, she was shop-lifting. Caught on camera.’ He turned to Sophia. ‘Bring it out.’

‘I … don’t know what you’re saying,’ she stuttered.

‘Of course, you do.’ The guy brought his pudgy right hand and made straight for her pocket. Sophia became mummified. The guy wasted no
time in bringing out the item she had tucked in there.

Sophia wished the ground would open up and she would just escape in it.

The sales girl became indignant. ‘So, you’re a thief. As beautiful and as young as you are, you are a thief!’

Sophia was too embarrassed to say a thing.

‘I will take you to the nearby police station and hand you to them,’ the security guy threatened.

(to be continued)

Read other interesting stories on: https://hearts4real..com
Re: Heart Of Jezebel by Deeviiid(m): 6:24pm On Jan 26, 2019
Following...

1 Like

Re: Heart Of Jezebel by Ann2012(f): 10:18pm On Jan 26, 2019
Following

1 Like

Re: Heart Of Jezebel by CaZmir: 11:50pm On Jan 26, 2019
cool

1 Like

Re: Heart Of Jezebel by hearts4real: 7:33am On Jan 27, 2019
Sophia was too embarrassed to say a thing.

‘I will take you to the nearby police station and hand you to them,’ the security guy threatened.

Sophia became penitent. ‘Please, please, don’t do that. It’s a mistake.’

‘I’m sure, it’s not your first time,’ the sales girl put in. she turned to the guy. ‘Solomon, take her to the police station.’

‘Oh, sister, please, don’t say that,’ Sophia pleaded.

A woman with a shopping bag stuffed with different items she wanted to purchase approached them.

‘What did she steal?’ she asked.

‘This expensive perfume,’ the guy called Solomon said, and showed the woman the perfume.

The woman that intervened smiled. ‘Let her have it. I’ll pay for it.’

They were surprised.

‘But.. but she was caught stealing it,’ the security guy said.

‘I’ll pay for it,’ the woman said imperiously. ‘I’ll pay for it.’

Sophia found her voice. ’Oh, thank you, ma’am. Thank you, very much ma’am.

‘It’s okay.’ She turned to the sales girl. ‘Add the item up with my items.’ She put the big shopping bag on counter while the prices of her items
were added up.

‘Wait for me outside,’ she told Sophia.

‘Yes, ma’am.’

The woman paid by cash, gave the sales girl and security guy some tips and moved towards the exit. She saw Sophia standing close to the
door.

‘Here,’ she said and gestured towards her Prado jeep. Sophia followed her to the car.

‘Do you mind entering the car? I want to ask you some questions.’

Sophia only hesitated briefly.

‘Okay, ma’am’

The woman unlocked her car, opened the boot and put all she had bought there. She then opened the car door and slid behind the steering
wheel. Sophia opened the passenger’s door and joined her in the car.

She turned to stare at Sophia. The girl was beautiful and probably in her late teens. What could be the problem that would make her be shop-
lifting a perfume in a supermarket? Well, she was going to find out.

Read interesting stories on: https://hearts4real..com/

(1) (Reply)

Dangerous Romance EPISODE 6 / Post All Writing Opportunities Here . / Beyonce' Famous Inspirational Quotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.