Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen (25474 Views)

El-Rufai And Other Northern APC Governors React To Yahaya Bello's Protest / Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' / BREAKING:"A Brazen Dictatorial Act" - Atiku Reacts To Buhari's Suspension Of CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by Bimisola2000: 9:24am On Jan 27, 2019
When GEJ, Retire Justice Ayo Salami in 2012, South West Governs didn't not kill themselves.. what is wrongis wrong. CJN has been a corrupt jugde SI CE Abacha Era.. Go and check his records
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by Bimisola2000: 9:26am On Jan 27, 2019
When GEJ, Retire Justice Ayo Salami in 2012, South West Governs did not kill themselves.. what is wrong is wrong. CJN has been a corrupt jugde since Abacha Era.. Go and check his records
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by DesChyko: 9:29am On Jan 27, 2019
Iziquiel:

Section 11(f) of the CBN act 2007 contradicts you. The President needs 2/3 of the Senate to remove the CBN Governor.

Are you absolutely sure this is the only ground on which the CBN governor can be removed?
At least we are sure of that of the CJN. I need clarification on this cool
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by Timatayo1: 9:35am On Jan 27, 2019
We need quick action not noise of we condemn it
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by Iziquiel(m): 10:36am On Jan 27, 2019
DesChyko:

Another day, Another Zombie.
What Jonathan did doesn't matter because he is past now. And he remains past like every other leader we've had.
He is a hero because he didn't do what Buhari is doing today, trying to overrun every arm of government to ensure he emerges President by crook, and not necessarily by votes. I didn't name him hero. Those whose VISA woukd make you forget the current president's first name did.
If I'm wrong about Onnoghen, being wrong alongside the United States, United Kingdom and European Union is not an awful 'wrong'.
Enjoy your Buhari-induced righteousness while it lasts.
The internet never forgets grin
Lol.. Jonathan is in the past indeed, isn't it funny that, it's people like you who tell us how projects completed and commissioned by this administration were initiated by the PDP but you don't want to accept any wrong doing by the PDP and Jonathan because they are now in the past? Your hypocrisy stinks! Let me remind you of a few things your hero did since you have a deliberate amnesia, Jonathan sacked Hafiz Ringim (IGP), Jonathan ordered the lock down of the Green Chambers and our lawmakers had to scale through the fence to gain access into the Chambers, Jonathan withdrew the security details of the then speaker (Tambuwal), Jonathan, ordered CP Mbah to lay siege at the Rivers State Government House preventing Amaechi and Senator Mamora from entering the GH, Jonathan granded the River State Jet, Jonathan arrested and locked up opposition leaders Ekiti State during the election. I guess you were still a baby when these incidents happened or you were born 30th May, 2015 that's why you are ignorant of these happenings.

Are you not the Zombie here? So, you would forget YOUR SURNAME if the UK or US gives you a Visa? Zombie, What makes the US and UK right and the President wrong? Is it because they're foreign governments?
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://dailypost.ng/2012/10/04/you-powers-salamis-reinstatement-njc-tells-jonathan/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiJ_obo1Y3gAhWIL1AKHag_BckQFjAEegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw3LmVxFrIyqZdFMQkD4Uaf3
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by Iziquiel(m): 10:38am On Jan 27, 2019
DesChyko:

Are you absolutely sure this is the only ground on which the CBN governor can be removed?
At least we are sure of that of the CJN. I need clarification on this cool
You can read through the whole of Section 11 then tell me what it says, if you will.
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by DesChyko: 1:01pm On Jan 27, 2019
Iziquiel:

You can read through the whole of Section 11 then tell me what it says, if you will.
I have already. I just needed to be sure that indeed you have little idea what you're talking about.
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by DesChyko: 1:05pm On Jan 27, 2019
Iziquiel:

Summary: Jonathan belongs to Nigeria's past.
Today is not about Jonathan. Today is about an unrepentant tyrant and what must be done to ensure tomorrow is not affected by today.
All these reminiscing you're engaging in does not interest me.
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by Iziquiel(m): 1:35pm On Jan 27, 2019
DesChyko:

Summary: Jonathan belongs to Nigeria's past.
Today is not about Jonathan. Today is about an unrepentant tyrant and what must be done to ensure tomorrow is not affected by today.
All these reminiscing you're engaging in does not interest me.
I provided a link to help you understand the subject matter but this is all your head could come up with it. Lol
You don't even have a point, yesterday doesn't affect today, funny. You should go read about Historical Approach that's if you would comprehend what it is all about. Why do judges Base some of their judgements on similar cases that took place in the past? Why do lawyers quote judgements from the past and use it as a strong argument in their defense?
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by Iziquiel(m): 1:38pm On Jan 27, 2019
DesChyko:

I have already. I just needed to be sure that indeed you have little idea what you're talking about.
Then, it's obvious you don't have the capability to comprehend what it is says. Maybe you need someone to read and interpret the section to you.
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by DesChyko: 1:54pm On Jan 27, 2019
Iziquiel:

I provided a link to help you understand the subject matter but this is all your head could come up with it. Lol
You don't even have a point, yesterday doesn't affect today, funny. You should go read about Historical Approach that's if you would comprehend what it is all about. Why do judges Base some of their judgements on similar cases that took place in the past? Why do lawyers quote judgements from the past and use it as a strong argument in their defense?

Still not interested in the Jonathan's trial you're conducting. The much I know, he is not the President.
You do not see Jonathan as a hero of democracy. You do not see him as an ideal leader. Yet you use his deeds in the distant past to give a green light to Buhari's misdemeanour. And you still hurl hypocrisy accusations all over like it's carbon dioxide. *sigh*

It is weakening. Very weakening to sustain a discussion of reason with your ilks embarassed
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by DesChyko: 1:55pm On Jan 27, 2019
Iziquiel:

Then, it's obvious you don't have the capability to comprehend what it is says. Maybe you need someone to read and interpret the section to you.

Let's say I do. Fire away.
I know very well how the CBN governor lost his position.
Do you know very well what can make that happen? That's past though don't wanna dwell on that.
Today we're faced with a constitutionally backed CJN and an attempt by the Executive to cripple the Judiciary after failed attempts at doing the same to the Legislative. That's a more valid discussion
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by tsannee(m): 2:18pm On Jan 27, 2019
Everybody just dey react
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by Iziquiel(m): 2:37pm On Jan 27, 2019
DesChyko:

Still not interested in the Jonathan's trial you're conducting. The much I know, he is not the President.
You do not see Jonathan as a hero of democracy. You do not see him as an ideal leader. Yet you use his deeds in the distant past to give a green light to Buhari's misdemeanour. And you still hurl hypocrisy accusations all over like it's carbon dioxide. *sigh*

It is weakening. Very weakening to sustain a discussion of reason with your ilks embarassed
Lol.. For your mind you bin think say u dey make any reasonable argument since? I had to remind you of your hero of Democracy because it's obvious you have a selective amnesia, you needed some sort of help and that was exactly what I did. You Shut your eyes those ills that took place during his administration but now, your eyes are wide open, thank God for that. Probably, if your hero had laid a good precedent PMB wouldn't be acting thus way, don't you think so? Your hero went against the NJC when it recommended that Justice Ayo Salami be reinstated, he wasn't a tyrant to you but PMB is. Very dude!
Have a great day bro, your biased mind set wouldn't let you see things clearly.
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by Iziquiel(m): 2:43pm On Jan 27, 2019
DesChyko:

Let's say I do. Fire away.
I know very well how the CBN governor lost his position.
Do you know very well what can make that happen? That's past though don't wanna dwell on that.
Today we're faced with a constitutionally backed CJN and an attempt by the Executive to cripple the Judiciary after failed attempts at doing the same to the Legislative. That's a more valid discussion
Let's say you do, when it's obvious you don't understand what the section says? Nah, we can't assume you understood what you read when you clearly didn't grasp a thing. How then, would you understand the subject matter when you don't have an idea of what the constitution says about it? Bro, I'm out. It was nice talking to you.

1 Like

Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by BabaAduras: 3:18pm On Jan 27, 2019
DesChyko:

To whom brain is given, sense is expected.
Salami's suspension was very much in line with what is stipulated in the constitution.
I'm talking trial and fact-finding that spanned 5 months and the blessing of the NJC.
Not an ex-parte motion obtained from the wind in a non-existent court session.
As long as everyone is concerned, they were to reconvene on January 28th.

So what happens when the indicted CJN suspend the NJC indefinitely so they deliberate on HIS case? That act is enough to earn him a suspension my brainless one.

1 Like

Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by bobo65(m): 4:21pm On Jan 27, 2019
Sugarboyy:

Oga your phone go old with you. This same phone, London uses, a friend bought his 2days ago for 70k. Sell yours for 50k or chop it.

There is a difference btw 6 plus and 6s plus
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by DesChyko: 11:30pm On Jan 27, 2019
BabaAduras:

So what happens when the indicted CJN suspend the NJC indefinitely so they deliberate on HIS case? That act is enough to earn him a suspension my brainless one.

But it isn't enough to earn Saraki a suspension?
Who is the President to suspend the CJN based on his thoughts alone?

Say no to jungle justice. The President cannot be judge, jury and executioner.
Say no to jungle justice, o wisest one.
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by Ifechukwudesim(m): 9:12am On Jan 28, 2019
Sugarboyy:

Oga your phone go old with you. This same phone, London uses, a friend bought his 2days ago for 70k. Sell yours for 50k or chop it.
grin
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by BabaAduras: 3:45pm On Jan 28, 2019
DesChyko:

But it isn't enough to earn Saraki a suspension?
Who is the President to suspend the CJN based on his thoughts alone?

Say no to jungle justice. The President cannot be judge, jury and executioner.
Say no to jungle justice, o wisest one.

I love your submission.

So the CJN can be the Judge and Jury in HIS OWN CASE? You see why there is need to suspend him till his case is over.

So it is not Jungle Justice when a Onnoghen as a Supreme Court Judge in 2013, ruled in support and affirmation of Supremacy of CCT over High Courts, now that it is his case, he went to the High Courts to seek injunction stopping the CCT?

Also, it is not Jungle Justice when a CJN can go to an Appellate Court (Appeal Court) without any Judgement from a lower court? I am sure HE was taught that is a NO-NO LAW-101 class.

Common, use your brain, not your political motivated sentiments.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akeredolu’s Order: Ondo Tackles Presidency, As Villa Defends Herdsmen / Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu / Why We’re Building Church In APC Secretariat – Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.