Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,069 members, 7,956,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:55 AM

That Battlefield With Thoughts For Warriors. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / That Battlefield With Thoughts For Warriors. (841 Views)

Warriors And Gods. 'book 1 Of The Legend Of Ofi.' / Bottle Warriors(beer Parlour Night Tale)story By Youngzubi / Warriors Of Abushi(The son of the wind) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

That Battlefield With Thoughts For Warriors. by peacesamuel94(m): 2:54am On Jan 27, 2019
This is not a diary..."a diary" in the conventional sense of the word.
Instead it stands to serve more acutely as one little refuge of thought chains, echoing through the bared confines of an embattled mind. A mind, groping in urgent fervency, struggling in honest attempts to go past reality's overwhelming maze of questions, in a determined search for The light, for answers that will prove true in the end.

For Indeed, into the pool of questions were we conceived and birthed, and as questions too, were we ourselves borne. It is no surprise therefore that we all share that same innate longing for answers that unifying curiosity that binds us, assures us infact of our equal humanity.

Surely all the questions I might not ask, and of those asked, not all might get their needed answers,but we must keep asking, for a thousand mile's journey as they say begins first with a step.and from a step we can break into a run and then maybe a jump and on and on.
It is with thinking, brooding and continuous contemplation that will begin that gradual ascension to the perfect world of elightement which to me should be the truest meaning of mortal fulfillment....more to come.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Battlefield With Thoughts For Warriors. by peacesamuel94(m): 12:04pm On Jan 29, 2019
In much wisdom is much grief and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow...the words of the biblical Solomon.

I consider the words to some extent, true and potent. For most of us at least, as children we felt like little birds, the tingling sensation of one who could fly, we felt ecstatic when our tender hands wore the wet cloak of sticky mud, and went gay, when our callow bodies danced in the rain. Believing that our world would remain so, like the stories, read to us at school, where things always ended happily ever after. A familiar world, a world that was our friend.
Now the days of blissful ignorance have lingered past, leaving before us the vague and unsure reality of an unknown world, a world that knew no one. the truth has dawned on us, and grief had grown alongside.

which makes me me wonder if everything summed into the rude reality of the gifted curse, the curse of intellect.
Could it be the reason, why the most stupid people are usually the happiest, and the more brooding ones, sad and solemn.
Could it be why Africa, despite the mad ignorance and raving folly within her shores, still maintains a reputation of uncanny vibrancy and drunken enthusiasm even without cause.
Could it be true that ignorance was a blessing disguised.
No..Never!, it cannot be, must not be. But even if it were so, I choose to reject the blessing of ignorance, I choose to flow enduringly with the uneasy tide of fleeting knowledge. For it is better to be destroyed by what one knows, rather than what one doesn't....

5 Likes

Re: That Battlefield With Thoughts For Warriors. by peacesamuel94(m): 1:48pm On Jan 29, 2019
One of the few things I hate most in life is pride. I loathe it, because of its very deceptive nature. When it gets into the mind of its victim, it builds for him in there a false throne, where he is king, and anyone else before him become subjects at the mercy of his lordship, it makes people feel and think themselves bigger, smarter, prettier than they are,.
Look around you and you'll see that the proudest people around are usually amongst the ugliest, the poorest, the dumbest and ect cetera. They all fail to realize the vanities in these things they deify in themselves, they remain oblivious to the fact that in the end we're all the same...
Re: That Battlefield With Thoughts For Warriors. by peacesamuel94(m): 10:20am On Feb 02, 2019
I can't forget that I'm bereft
Of all the pleasant sights they see,
Which the Piper also Promised me,
For he led us, he said, to a joyous land,
Joining the town and just at hand,
Where waters gushed and fruit trees grew,
And flowers put forth a fairer hue,
And everything was strange and new.
(curled from the novel :half of a yellow sun)

It portrays my thoughts, about Nigeria at the moment. Helps me in the broadest possible sense to express my view on recent happenings in it. Though Betided by Greedy and decepetive leaders, an ailing economy, falling morality , and a bleak future, the masses remain blind, they do not...I mean cannot see through the facade of tricks worn by their task masters before them, and do not seem like they ever would . They continue to follow cheerfully, tagging obediently behind their very enemies without knowing. When will they ever begin making choices differently, when will they realize that they have been played and used, when will they learn?
They continue to repeat and exchange the same band of people since their independence, they have caged themselves.they are their own problem, have always been.

1 Like

Re: That Battlefield With Thoughts For Warriors. by peacesamuel94(m): 7:44am On Jul 15, 2019
This may come as a shock. But money was actually invented by man.

(1) (Reply)

Miracles - A Short Story / Short Story / Are You Ready?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.