Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Comparing Jonathan And Buhari’s Suspension of Justices In 2011 And 2019 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Comparing Jonathan And Buhari’s Suspension of Justices In 2011 And 2019 (2481 Views)

Defection To APC: Watch This Before Comparing Jonathan And I To FFK - Reno / Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' / BREAKING:"A Brazen Dictatorial Act" - Atiku Reacts To Buhari's Suspension Of CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comparing Jonathan And Buhari’s Suspension of Justices In 2011 And 2019 by Randy100: 6:35am On Jan 27, 2019
socialmediaman:

I think i started attacking Buhari sometime in 2016 or so. We elected him to help rebuild the system. We rejoiced for a new Nigeria after his election. The disappointment started when he named his cabinet. After 6 months of waiting, he names politicians with questionable past? Didn't he get the message and yearnings of Nigerians? We still exercised a little patience till we realized he was a fraud, incompetent and a pretender.

Prior to his election in 2015, i was advocating for a civilian revolution because of bad governance, then Buhari presented himself as the face of new leadership to change Nigeria. I remember in 2011 when he contested and one of his campaign promises was to change "state of origin" to "state of residence" in order to unite and integrate Nigerians better, i picked interest and thought maybe we could give the man a chance. He's simply a fraud.

When it comes to election. My thing is, the president must strengthen the system. Don't try to rig the elections to continue being in office. There will never be accountability if that happens. If you perform badly, let the people vote you out, allow their votes to count, that's how the nation can grow. Let everyone who goes to the ballot go there with their own independence and conscience, and if they vote you, it wasnt because you could see who they voted for, they can collect your money days before election and vote their conscience on election day. Let there be transparency

I do not even want to go into Nigerian institutions because they are stagnant or have gotten worse. Police, Customs, Immigration, EFCC, PHCN etc.
Truly with people like you, Nigeria will get better. I thought of same with Buhari but I was disappointed massively. Gracia
Re: Comparing Jonathan And Buhari’s Suspension of Justices In 2011 And 2019 by Randy100: 6:37am On Jan 27, 2019
wirinet:

Timing and the way it was carried out. Buhari is carrying it out in a totally wrong manner. It's less than 4 weeks to a general election, and he should have at least made attempts to follow the law.

He should have written a petition to the NJC, and the wait a couple of months and even up to 4 months. If the NJC did not act, then he would have had the moral excuse to use gestapo tactics.
It was a desperation move by the president to influence election tribunal.
Re: Comparing Jonathan And Buhari’s Suspension of Justices In 2011 And 2019 by socialmediaman: 6:42am On Jan 27, 2019
Randy100:
Truly with people like you, Nigeria will get better. I thought of same with Buhari but I was disappointed massively. Gracia

Thanks. I believe with all hands on deck and voices louder, we can at least achieve common grounds on our various political ideologies. Let there be a fair playing ground. The little work GEJ did to INEC should have been hugely improved upon by Buhari to eliminate loopholes observed in the last election, that's how systems are perfected over time. Instead he wants to keep things the way they are exploit the same loopholes
Re: Comparing Jonathan And Buhari’s Suspension of Justices In 2011 And 2019 by Unseen(m): 7:32am On Jan 27, 2019
bigsmoke2:
WE MUST CONTINUE TO JOGGLE THEIR MEMORIES CUZ MY PEOPLE ARE QUICK TO FORGET. THIS IS WHERE WE ARE COMING FROM �

1. I acted based on Jonathan's instruction - Dasuki

2. I didn't give order - Jonathan

3. I collected 350M from Dasuki for consultation - Iyorchia Ayu

4. I only collected $30,000 from Dasuki not N100m - Bode George

5. I got N4.6b from Dasuki for spiritual purposes - Bafarawa

6. I got N650M from Dasuki for my Abuja burnt office - Thisday Obaigbena.

7. I got N2.1b from Dasuki for publicity - Dokpesi

8. I got another N100m from Yuguda he didn't tell me from where - Bafarawa.

9. I gave N100m each to Odili, Jim Nwobodo Bode George and others - Yuguda

10. The president asked me to change N10B to foreign currency for PDP delegates - Dasuki

11. My boss asked me to get $11M from the CBN - Dasuki's account officer.

12. I got order from above to pay Tompolo N13B for Maritime university land. - Nimasa DG.

13. 950m was shared in my house -- Shekarau

"Over 20 billion dollars unremitted to the Federation account, and if nothing is done by 2015 upward, Nigeria will know what economic crisis is"
*~ Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi*

"Whoever wins 2015 will NEVER find it easy to govern. Over 30 trillion is mismanaged, unaccounted for or missing under Jonathan."
*~ Prof Charles Soludo*

"Our reserve is depleted and our savings are squandered. Our nation is in trouble."
*~ Dr Oby Ezekwesili.*

"For seven months, NNPC did not remit any money into federation account. When I called as a sitting governor and major oil producing state, Deziani Alison Madueke refused to pick my calls."
*~ Godswill Akpabio*

"I told them to save ahead of eventualities but Jonathan had no political will to do so and this is the reason why we are in crisis, because we squandered our boom."
*~ Okonjo Iweala*

"Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi urged us to save but we state Governors refused to save for the unseen future during the tenure of Goodluck Jonathan, despite warning from economic experts."
*~ Peter Obi*

"Jonathan is a blessed ATM machine that doesn't have secret pin number"
*~ Bala Mohammed*

* Tompolo was paid 13Billion.!
* Ex-CDS,Alex Badeh dug a pit toilet to hide $32m.
* Patience Jonathan is claiming $31m, she has sued the Nigerian state.
* Femi Fani-Kayode took 740M.
* Dasuki used trucks to load over $35B from the CBN.
* Olisa Metuh took 400M.
* Aziboala, GEJ's cousin took 6B naira.
* Nenadi Usman took 3.5B naira.
* Fayose took 3B naira.
* Obanikoro took 4Billion naira.
* Olu Falae took 100M naira.
* Tony Anenih - 400M naira.
* Oritsejafor - $35M
* Former Air Chief Amosu - 2Billion naira.
* Lucky Igbinedion-16B naira.
*Bode-George and Dabo -100B naira
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira.
* Joshua Dariye-700M naira.
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b.
* Diezzani with $20 billion missing oil money?
15 billon dollars missing from arms fund.
WE MUST NEVER GO BACK THERE WE ARE GOING TO NEXT LEVEL ��

Re: Comparing Jonathan And Buhari’s Suspension of Justices In 2011 And 2019 by livelymatilda22: 8:04am On Jan 27, 2019
socialmediaman:
[s] The intention is to set the records straight on this because people have been comparing Jonathan’s constitutional action in 2011 to Buhari’s tyrannical action in 2019 regarding the suspension of the CJN. Read below:

According to the constitution, the President can remove the Chief Justice of Nigeria under 1 of 2 conditions:

1. Recommendation by the National Judicial Council

2. Vote by 2/3 majority of the senate

In 2011, Justice Ayo Salami was suspended by the National Judicial Council who recommended his suspension to the president. Whatever was the circumstance of his suspension, it was binding. The president then exercised his constitutional powers and suspended Justice Salami.

http://saharareporters.com/2011/08/21/jonathan-endorses-sack-justice-ayo-salami-approves-appointment-acting-president-court

Conclusion: Goodluck Jonathan’s exercise of his presidential powers in 2011 was constitutional

In 2019, neither the National Judicial Council nor the Senate had voted or recommended to the president for the CJN to be suspended. The CJN cleverly suspended sitting of the NJC to delay his ordeal, just like Saraki cleverly suspended sitting of the senate when he was being troubled by the executive.

Justice Onnoghen’s case was at the CCT with pending motions from the Court of Appeal (Higher court than the CCT) to stay on proceedings.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/01/24/appeal-court-suspends-onnoghens-trial-at-cct/

Conclusion: Buhari’s suspension of CJN Onnoghen was illegal and unconstitutional and likely an impeachable office as this is an assault on democracy [/s]

Claptrap.. Also give us your biased view on the then CBN governor Sanusi's removal... Wailing zombie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Comparing Jonathan And Buhari’s Suspension of Justices In 2011 And 2019 by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 27, 2019
jamaicabakare:
Rubbish
educate us please.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Leaked Letter From Sen Akpabio To Abba Kyari Demanding INEC Cooperation / Ogun Guber Poll : Final Predictions / Like Rwanda, Like Nigeria ; Clouds Of War- Alhaji Bashir Tofa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.