Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,955 members, 7,814,240 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young (19715 Views)

Danny Young Slam Tiwa Savage & Mavin Records With 200 Million Naira Copyright / Davido Has Reached Out To Ayotomide Labinjo, His First Baby Mama - Kemi Olunloyo / Danny Young Accuses Tiwa Savage Of Stealing His Lyrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by G1STM0RE: 4:50am On Jan 27, 2019
Singer, Ajibola Olumuyiwa Danladi, aka Danny Young, is presently at war with Tiwa Savage over copyright infringement.

Recall that Tiwa had released a single titled, One, late last year. Shortly after, Danny Young alleged on his Instagram page that she took a line off his 2009 single, Oju ti Won. But Tiwa Savage refused to comment and went ahead to release the visuals of the song.

However, it seems that Danny Young has taken the case to YouTube. Presently, Tiwa Savage’s video has been taking off the video sharing platform.

In a chat with Sunday Scoop, Danny Young said he had left everything in the hands of his lawyers. He said, “I wasn’t the one who contacted YouTube. My lawyers handled the process; I didn’t know how they went about it. You know YouTube knows the right thing to do.”

Young insisted that before it got to this stage, his camp reached out to Tiwa Savage but she ignored them. He said, “She felt we couldn’t do anything. I am sure she and her team know that we have a valid point. We didn’t even ask them for money, but we felt intellectual theft should be taken seriously in this part of the world. This is just the beginning; I plan to see this to the end if she doesn’t reach us for a compromise.”

According to Danny Young, people, who are supporting Tiwa Savage on social media, are ignorant. He added, “When I first raised the issue, I was slammed. They said I was saying rubbish. As a professional, I believe in more action, less talk. For people who understand music, plagiarism and copyright infringement, they will understand my point. I don’t have any business with people on social media as I feel they are ignorant.

“People said she only used the same proverb and that I was not the originator of the proverb. They are not looking at the technicality and professionalism of it all. Is it the same rhythm, coordination and tone? All these are music terms that people don’t understand. If you copy someone’s work, they look at all these.”

While admitting that he loves her music, Danny Young said he has never met Tiwa Savage. “I am a fan just like she might be my fan too. I love her music; she does well and I am in support of anyone doing good music. I also like the music of Yemi Alade and Simi,” he stated.

Gist from Gistmore - http://gistmore.com/copyright-infringement-tiwa-ignored-me-when-i-reached-out-says-danny-young

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by G1STM0RE: 4:50am On Jan 27, 2019
cool
Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by itspzpics(m): 5:32am On Jan 27, 2019
Nice one jor

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by kingkoboko: 6:51am On Jan 27, 2019
This case is good 4d growth of d Naija music industry.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by OKorowanta: 7:38am On Jan 27, 2019
All this feeling too big artiste..
Just a message,phone call through to him would av killed this long ago.
Statement made..
Point well driven.
Intellectual theft is a big crime.
If na obodo oyibo she go pay tire until devil repent.

106 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by oluwatosink: 7:52am On Jan 27, 2019
This danny young they vex.. grin

9 Likes

Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:53am On Jan 27, 2019
cry
Young insisted that before it got to this stage, his camp reached out to Tiwa Savage but she ignored them. He said, “She felt we couldn’t do anything. I am sure she and her team know that we have a valid point. We didn’t even ask them for money, but we felt intellectual theft should be taken seriously in this part of the world. This is just the beginning; I plan to see this to the end if she doesn’t reach us for a compromise.”
Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by Abjay97(m): 7:53am On Jan 27, 2019
Lol
Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by oyetunder(m): 7:54am On Jan 27, 2019
cry When you think you are too big to settle with your justified accusers...then be ready for open air legal confrontations.

55 Likes

Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by eddycliff(m): 7:57am On Jan 27, 2019
Lol
Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by emmyreb(f): 7:57am On Jan 27, 2019
Lmao

check my signature for Canon Camera

1 Like

Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by emmanuel4758(m): 7:58am On Jan 27, 2019
""
Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by oluwasegun007(m): 7:58am On Jan 27, 2019
Intellectual theft is bad...

Somebody must be the scape goat....

Anyways, baba that line na proverb ooo.. Its been used before you were born.

13 Likes

Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by ekiyorA(m): 7:59am On Jan 27, 2019
This one wan use Tiwa stage comeback. Tiwa settle am make him go back to the hole him from come.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by ItzEminence(m): 8:01am On Jan 27, 2019
Okk, we haff heard you sir
Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by Halogenonimisi(m): 8:02am On Jan 27, 2019
80% of musicians in Nigeria plagarise themselves, it's not a new thing.

Besides all naija songs na repeation.

22 Likes

Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by Komu1048(m): 8:03am On Jan 27, 2019
G1STM0RE:
Singer, Ajibola Olumuyiwa Danladi, aka Danny Young, is presently at war with Tiwa Savage over copyright infringement.

Recall that Tiwa had released a single titled, One, late last year. Shortly after, Danny Young alleged on his Instagram page that she took a line off his 2009 single, Oju ti Won. But Tiwa Savage refused to comment and went ahead to release the visuals of the song.

However, it seems that Danny Young has taken the case to YouTube. Presently, Tiwa Savage’s video has been taking off the video sharing platform.

In a chat with Sunday Scoop, Danny Young said he had left everything in the hands of his lawyers. He said, “I wasn’t the one who contacted YouTube. My lawyers handled the process; I didn’t know how they went about it. You know YouTube knows the right thing to do.”

According to Danny Young, people, who are supporting Tiwa Savage on social media, are ignorant. He added, “When I first raised the issue, I was slammed. They said I was saying rubbish. As a professional, I believe in more action, less talk. For people who understand music, plagiarism and copyright infringement, they will understand my point. I don’t have any business with people on social media as I feel they are ignorant.

“People said she only used the same proverb and that I was not the originator of the proverb. They are not looking at the technicality and professionalism of it all. Is it the same rhythm, coordination and tone? All these are music terms that people don’t understand. If you copy someone’s work, they look at all these.”

While admitting that he loves her music, Danny Young said he has never met Tiwa Savage. “I am a fan just like she might be my fan too. I love her music; she does well and I am in support of anyone doing good music. I also like the music of Yemi Alade and Simi,” he stated.

Gist from Gistmore - http://gistmore.com/copyright-infringement-tiwa-ignored-me-when-i-reached-out-says-danny-young

One of the ways you know your success is killing some failed mofos. It's only failed musicians who shout intellectual properties

4 Likes

Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by rentAcock(m): 8:04am On Jan 27, 2019
You don't need to be a legitimate owner of a song or content for YouTube to remove it. Whenever a studio, lawyer or just about anyone contacts YouTube to report an infringement, they immediately remove the video to recuse themselves from being sued. Danny Young should get over it, sadly all musicians copy from each other at one point or another. There are probably trillions of songs ever sung, the likelihood that one musician will use some parts or sentences of another song is very high.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by Tammynator(m): 8:04am On Jan 27, 2019
I remember when he first raised this matter last year. Most ignorant folks here were saying "na hungry dey do this one", " this one want to use Tiwa to trend", etc. Now that it has gotten to this level, I won't be surprised if they still come and say "nice one Danny". Tiwa should better reach a compromise.

18 Likes

Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 27, 2019
ekiyorA:
This one wan use Tiwa stage comeback. Tiwa settle am make him go back to the hole him from come.
You see were your own sense end?
Are you not among the ignorant he was referring to?

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by Nobody: 8:09am On Jan 27, 2019
Nice
Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by hayfloze(m): 8:09am On Jan 27, 2019
iamanswer:

You see were your own sense end?
Are you not among the ignorant he was referring to?
Lol. You just finished that guy �

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 27, 2019
Akure City Boy

3 Likes

Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by martineverest(m): 8:12am On Jan 27, 2019
ekiyorA:
typical example of educated illiterate

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by Jahwinaboy(m): 8:13am On Jan 27, 2019
I don’t have any business with people on social media as I feel they are ignorant.
Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by elgramz: 8:15am On Jan 27, 2019
Just another broke ass musician looking for small change from successful artistes
Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by jaxxy(m): 8:17am On Jan 27, 2019
A line of sm proverb in her music can not be called intellectual theft to me unless u created that proverb.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by elgramz: 8:20am On Jan 27, 2019
Tammynator:
I remember when he first raised this matter last year. Most ignorant folks here were saying "na hungry dey do this one", " this one want to use Tiwa to trend", etc. Now that it has gotten to this level, I won't be surprised if they still come and say "nice one Danny". Tiwa should better reach a compromise.
Reach which compromise? I am sure her lawyers are preparing to sue his stupid ass right now. When did the words of a Yoruba proverb become his intellectual property? She should deal with him thoroughly to serve as an example to gold diggers

10 Likes

Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by Tammynator(m): 8:23am On Jan 27, 2019
elgramz:

Reach which compromise? I am sure her lawyers are preparing to sue his stupid ass right now. When did the words of a Yoruba proverb become his intellectual property? She should deal with him thoroughly to serve as an example to gold diggers

Make she also sue YouTube too o.

10 Likes

Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by larryking540: 8:26am On Jan 27, 2019
Halogenonimisi:
80% of musicians in Nigeria plagarise themselves, it's not a new thing.

Besides all naija songs na repeation.
Exactly, ,,back then I lve watching MTV base africa
But of lately I just got fed up watching same lyrics same beat same everything

1 Like

Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by elgramz: 8:27am On Jan 27, 2019
Tammynator:

Make she also sue YouTube too o.
YouTube normally intellectual removes contents when they are informed that is a subject of legal dispute as a precaution so that they will not be sued. They will put up the video again when they are through with their investigation

6 Likes

Re: Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 27, 2019
Now that youtube has taken it down she go feel am Feel this song from a nairalander. http://www.naijapals.com/music/Searching_for_love_Xpol-89179

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dammy Krane Gives Out N100,000 On Twitter / Allison-Doherty Sekegha Pictured With Her Family / Gbenro Ajibade Joins Jenifa Diary's Cast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.