Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,802 members, 7,844,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent (14098 Views)

Impeachment: Your Ex-parte Injunction Can't Stop Us, Ondo Speaker To Aiyedatiwa / CJN To Quiz Six Chief Judges Over Conflicting Ex-Parte Orders / Ishaq Bello Reinstates Ban On Ex Parte And Interim Orders On Political Cases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent by Strech(m): 4:35pm On Jan 27, 2019
deomelo:
Must the President do or demand what the citizenry should have demanded that the crooked, self-confessed and corrupt judge resing? Is this not what Nigerians should be demanding even before the president stepped in.

Nigerians totally ignored the lawless act committed by the disgraced CJ against them and their constitution, but they are going out of their way to kill the President for doing what they should have done.

Where is the sense and wisdom in allowing such corrupt, lawless and a lawbreaking character with unexplained millions of undeclared dollars in almost a dozen bank accounts remain in office?

We are so desensitized and used to corruption that it doesn't bother us, we even ignore corrupt public officials and instead fight and go after the people we actually pay to fight corruption.

If this is how we truly feel about corruption and criminal acts, then maybe we should just abolish all our law enforcement agencies and save the billions we budget on their behalf every year.
so! What you are trying to say with all this your long English, is we should encourage dictatorship. Oga! What we saying is buhari should obey rule of law. Period.
Re: Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent by jamace(m): 4:39pm On Jan 27, 2019
This is what happens when a president does not trust any other ethnic group and religion.

Buhari is a president of 'ranka dei dei', who signs anything signable from his fellow 'ranka dei dei'.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent by nameo: 5:03pm On Jan 27, 2019
Remember, I raised this yesterday.

I asked where Buhari got the ex parte order from since the CCT adjourned its last sitting and on that sitting did not issue any order. I also asked show come only 2 justices instead of 3 signed the so called order and how come no lawyer was mentioned in the order. Even for a novice in law, these question I was asking is very clear.

Thank God senior lawyers are now beginning to ask same questions.

See there is no doubt here: apart from the fact that an order from the CCT can NEVER remove a sitting CJN, the said order Buhari relied upon was obtained fraudulently. No doubts about that. And this is Corruption and fraud of the highest kind.

Which was why I also said yesterday that no lawyer in Buhari Govt would ever try to defend what Buhari did- have anyone heard from Osibanjo, Keyamo, Fashola or even Malami since yesterday. Shebi Osibanjo is currently running away from scheduled media interview programmes.

Now, those people shouting "anti corruption" when it comes to Buhari can now come and explain how the same Buhari obtained a fraudulent order and based on that removed a sitting CJN for clearly political reasons.

Buncha HYPOCRITES

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent by jogojogo: 5:12pm On Jan 27, 2019
deomelo:
Must the President do or demand what the citizenry should have demanded that the crooked, self-confessed and corrupt judge resing? Is this not what Nigerians should be demanding even before the president stepped in.

Nigerians totally ignored the lawless act committed by the disgraced CJ against them and their constitution, but they are going out of their way to kill the President for doing what they should have done.

Where is the sense and wisdom in allowing such corrupt, lawless and a lawbreaking character with unexplained millions of undeclared dollars in almost a dozen bank accounts remain in office?

We are so desensitized and used to corruption that it doesn't bother us, we even ignore corrupt public officials and instead fight and go after the people we actually pay to fight corruption.

If this is how we truly feel about corruption and criminal acts, then maybe we should just abolish all our law enforcement agencies and save the billions we budget on their behalf every year.

Does two wrong make a right? This argument you put up is too backward and run counter to progress. The constitution is there for a guide. There is simply a procedure expressed by the law

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent by jogojogo: 5:18pm On Jan 27, 2019
IamJames:

On Gandollars videos, what do you think Nigerians would want?

Zombies won't respond on Gandollar issue. They suddenly would find their voice once you mention Ononghen

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent by nameo: 5:19pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ivoryd1:

Wrong!!!!!!!.........
Buhari by law has the right to suspend anyone he appoints, but may not be able to sack or remove them totally.....so dont confuse suspension with sacking or removal....truly he needs senate approval to remove him permanently or sack him....so if u read his orders carefully, you'll agree with me he said 'suspended' till after investigation which can either nail him or acquit him.....moreover the position of cjn requires high level of morality n 'holiness'.....he himself alluded to the fact d@ he forgot to list those items in his declaration form,...my brother I FORGOT NO DEY FOR LAW, OF WHICH HE SHOULD KNOW BETTER AS CJN.....he should have resigned honorably instead of being hounded out of office....I'm not taking sides with anyone, mine is lets condemn his own grave offense being the cjn

The CJN is NOT am appointee of the President. Should I repeat that for you so it sticks in?

I honestly do not know where some of you keep bringing some of the arguments you guys have been using since day before yesterday.

Kapish?
Re: Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent by sanmtiago(m): 5:26pm On Jan 27, 2019
DMerciful:
He maybe corrupt but has committed no crime as far as asset declaration is concerned
so why didn't he declare his assets ??
Re: Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent by Jesusloveyou: 5:43pm On Jan 27, 2019
divinehand2003:
The ex parte order from the CCT is not only fraudulent but also a despirate attempt to keep all well meaning Nigerians in captivity of the evil APC.
cjn file his case in appeal court without trial court and that is worst than fraudulent, cjn also postpone njc meeting indefinitely, so that njc will not invistigate him,
so what do you expect buhari to do.
cjn break the Rule, thinking to be smart by half,
buhari was 2 step ahead of every move.
i love buhari for this,
thief saraki would have be in jail if not for buhari sickness in 2017 .
Re: Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent by jamjo: 5:55pm On Jan 27, 2019
deomelo:

Let me start by letting you know that you are missing the point, the issue of being corrupt or not is not what is at play here. The issue is the President not following the due process, countries that have succeeded in strengthening their institutions didn't do so by undermanning their constitutions, our constitution made it clear how to go about the removal of CCJ, some will like it and others may not but constitution is what it is and must be followed anything short will not go down well with the citizens. To build a good house there are specifications from the foundation to the decorations and do you know why some houses collapse it is because of some contractors abandon the specifications and cut corners and that is what Mr. President has just done. In Nigeria, we have made it our habit of convicting people in the pages of our news outlets and that has impaired our judgments, that is why our president can have the audacity to undermine our constitution and some Nigerians like you can't find anything wrong with it.
Re: Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent by DMerciful(m): 6:06pm On Jan 27, 2019
When you have a lot of assets you could miss one or two that's why the law says if he admits in writing to the error, he should be given a new form and trial will not be necessary
sanmtiago:
so why didn't he declare his assets ??

Re: Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent by IamJames: 6:16pm On Jan 27, 2019
deomelo:

He should end up in jail if found guilty, but the constitution and democracy you people love so much blessed him with immunity so wait till he's out of office before asking such questions.

Learn about the Nigerian constitution for proper education.

Did you just say if found guilty? So in other words you'll want an investigation to be carried out first, right? Who investigated Onnoghen and found him quilty? Why shouldn't Buhari wield the hammer on Gandollar like he did with Onnoghen without investigation and court ruling? Hypocrisy will definitely kill you dude.
Re: Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent by IamJames: 6:17pm On Jan 27, 2019
jogojogo:

Zombies won't respond on Gandollar issue. They suddenly would find their voice once you mention Ononghen

They're all bunch of hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent by Tolo60: 6:51pm On Jan 27, 2019
See below

Re: Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent by dokie: 7:00pm On Jan 27, 2019
sammhi:

Unfortunately that's is not the law ...the law does not recognise what you want or think but what it says
If you kill a man who killed your dad , will the law set you free ? Nope ! You will go to jail
The issue is not about the CJN if corrupt or not .it is the fact that PMB has no powers to suspend him .....
To suspend the CJN the senate has to approve it ....
You may not like it but that is the law ....
In democracy , the president has limited powers so he won't abuse it ..
So what PMB can do or should have done is to lobby the senate to approve the CJN removal.
Did you note that Trump has to shutdown government when the senate refuse to approve his building of the Mexican wall ?
If Trump goes ahead to use the money without the senate approval he would be impeached. So Trump blackmail them till they approve it .
So PMB should have use another means to make Senate approve his dismissal .simple
PMB can't do whatever he wants no matter how good he thinks it is ...
What he has done is illegal and he has to follow nornal process..He can't jump the process
Thats why everyone condemn it

Even if one kills a man that wiped out his entire generation and rendered him sterile (meaning he can't give birth again), he is still guilty of murder and must pay the price, that's the law. The law is not meant to please people. The law is meant to provide justice and order in society.

I don't know the type of demon operating in these buharideens honestly.
Re: Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent by orisa37: 7:34pm On Jan 27, 2019
The President is the Father of all Nigerians.

The Timing. The Election is approaching. The President can wait till after he is re-elected to take whatever action against the CJN.

The Motive. This is indicative of a President spoiling for Anarchy and ready to damn the consequences to achieve his motive.

The Style. It's gestapo if you follow the requisition, order and delivery.

Care. Mr. President has the Duty of Care to the Efiks, the Ijaws, the Tivs, the Ibibios, the Igbos, the Yorubas like he has to the Fulanis. He should have consulted the Legislature and the NJC before acting on the Pressure placed on him by the inferior CCB which is manned mainly by the President's tribemen.
Re: Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent by KuwaiitiDinar: 7:38pm On Jan 27, 2019
You and PDP crying more than the bereaved is fraudulent
Re: Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent by harryakand: 9:10pm On Jan 27, 2019
Legal practitioners, does the President have the power to suspend the CJN without Senate approval?
Re: Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent by Williambaresure: 9:18pm On Jan 27, 2019
See below

Re: Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent by onmyowncj: 10:02pm On Jan 27, 2019
Impeachable crime from the president
Re: Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:45pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ivoryd1:

Wrong!!!!!!!.........
Buhari by law has the right to suspend anyone he appoints, but may not be able to sack or remove them totally.....so dont confuse suspension with sacking or removal....truly he needs senate approval to remove him permanently or sack him....so if u read his orders carefully, you'll agree with me he said 'suspended' till after investigation which can either nail him or acquit him.....moreover the position of cjn requires high level of morality n 'holiness'.....he himself alluded to the fact d@ he forgot to list those items in his declaration form,...my brother I FORGOT NO DEY FOR LAW, OF WHICH HE SHOULD KNOW BETTER AS CJN.....he should have resigned honorably instead of being hounded out of office....I'm not taking sides with anyone, mine is lets condemn his own grave offense being the cjn
d cjn is not buhari minister his appointment flows from d njc and approved by d senate...u are seriously wrong make una read morality and emotions has no place in law...other wise tomoro if the national assembly can muster two third they can remove d president on flimsy grounds....i wonder whether sm of una go school...d president or governor can't remove d head of judiciary...cos d judiciary is an arm of govt and by principle of separation of powers they are Co equals....
Re: Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent by PFRB: 11:06pm On Jan 27, 2019
Another forgery from the Buhari executive.
Re: Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent by Adek15(m): 11:41pm On Jan 27, 2019
yomalex:
Hmm
lawyers are the problems of this country. Which one is "may be fraudulent" if it's fraudulent, say it. Call a spade a spade.
Re: Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent by deomelo: 12:01am On Jan 28, 2019
Strech:
so! What you are trying to say with all this your long English, is we should encourage dictatorship. Oga! What we saying is buhari should obey rule of law. Period.

Do you think the suspended CJ should resign or should have resigned?

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent by calberian: 9:02am On Jan 28, 2019
No one is saying the CJN didn't flout the law concerning asset declaration. He even admitted committing the act. No one iis even saying he shouldn't be punished.

What everyone is saying is this:

There's a law that is based on the constitution that pronounces the action of the CJN as illegal.

The same constitution also describes how the matter should be approached such that any other means becomes illegal.

No one has the right or power to pick what part of the law to obey and what part to ignore.

In 2014/2015, Femi Falana himself fought in courts for Buhari and the APC pro Bono against not-so- dissimilar illegalities. And now this. The reverred legal luminary, like a lot of people who helped to foist this collosal dissapointment of a President, must be suffering from utter regret and mental pain.

deomelo:

Re: Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent by DeNovo: 5:26pm On Feb 03, 2019
Ivoryd1:

...love your last statement.... Truly we can't utilize illegality to overcome illegality......
But lets face the fact...he's the cjn and head of njc, tell me who among the judges will nail or the njc should nail him and sack, its like saying the FEC should sack the president when he does something impeachable....you and I both know the njc and the courts won't have the balls to do d@....plus all the loopholes the constitution has intentionally created like all this phony injunctions and all others these lawyers feed on to truncate justice and bend it in their favor....so tell me can any good justice com from the courts or njc he superintends .....
Now answer this question... ISN'T IT MORAL FOR THE CJN TO HAVE STEPPED ASIDE OR RESIGN TO PROVE HIS CASE AND BE JUSTIFIED KNOWING FULLY WELL THE HIGH MORAL STANDARD AND 'HOLINESS' OF HIS OFFICE AS CJN........he shouldn't be found wanting or with questionable character.....
On buhari issue, he acted within his power to suspend him till his case is proven otherwise, he didnt sack him....the cjn case is the main issue, not buharis orders.....so let's actually condemn the cjn as 'he who must come to equity must come with clean hands'

My brother the in this country we have a lot to do. We are all blaming the constitution for loopholes contained therein, but we refuse to task the Legislature, the only people who can do the work of remodelling our laws. We are satisfied in collecting pittance from these folks every election cycle.

Should the CJN have resigned or stepped aside? Maybe in other climes he would on moral grounds
But you do realise that in this country, the concept of contrition or morality by public officers is alien. Public officers are caught forging documents, collecting bribes on video etc but dont resign! Infact it has come to a point in this country where they are openly protected by the same government which ought to sanction them.

On the president having the powers to suspend the CJN I do not think he does! If he does, then the presupposition is that he could one day suspend the Senate president! ( ofcourse you know he cant do that if not saraki would have been suspended a loooonnnng time ago!)

On morality, our moral compass in this country is badly damaged.

However, I am a legal practitioner, and whilst I am alarmed at the accusations against the CJN . I have learnt from this work that there are always two sides to story! One thing I can tell you nonetheless is that if indeed the government have such overwhelming evidence as they claim to have, no judge can close its eyes to it. Mind you most of the judges weren't appointed by this CJN and once he is found guilty he cannot do anything to those judges. They have nothing to fear!

It's unfortunate, but we citizens of this country need to take the blame in this country. We need to take affirmative action in protecting our democracy, and task our representatives to do more, by correcting lapses and lacunas in our laws and hold them accountable.

We should raise our voices when the wrong things are happening and not close our eyes because the offending individual shares the same religion, ethnicity, or political affiliations with us because if we do, we are laying our beds in a certain way, and when the time comes full circle, we will be required to lay on it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Borno Bans Distribution Of Food To IDPs, To Close All IDP Camps In The State / Fish Sellers In Abeokuta Protest Over Hike Of Food Prices In The Community.. / Femi Gbajabiamila Campaigns With Fuad Laguda Ahead Of Saturday's Bye-Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.