Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Banky W Dragged In Twitter For His Political Position - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Banky W Dragged In Twitter For His Political Position (428 Views)

Burna Boy Dragged On Twitter For Calling Nigerians ‘backward Unprogressive Fools / "I Dont Like How Mercy Aigbe Is Dragged In The Mud" - Steph Nora Finally Reacts / Zeb Ejiro To Declare His Political Ambition February 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Banky W Dragged In Twitter For His Political Position by IkpuMmadu: 11:51am On Jan 27, 2019
He has been called various names like Nivea Roll On head, Gorimapa etc! Twitter has been agog with Bankole Wellington known as Banky W, a popular entertainer that owns EME music for accusations from a news portal that he allegedly collected the whooping sun of ₦57 million from APC to do a public relation jobs for them in his EME music label that has evolved to a media communications firm.
https://etimes.com.ng/twitter-agog-as-banky-w-is-dragged-nivea-capitalises-on-the-publicity-to-launch-product/

Twitter has been quite busy lately and the entertainment industry watching and his fans dragging him up and down. Nigerian Twitter users are known not to have chills , they have taken celebrities to cleaners , far from the Instagram users that are a bit posh, the Nigerian Twitter users are so bad mouthed, they don't care and literally don't take prisoners. They beamed their search lights on the Banky.

The actor has threatened the news channel with a legal suit and he has contacted his lawyers. In his words he said

"I can't spend time engaging in a Twitter war with people who clearly don't care about facts and truth, and prefer to push slander and lies because it makes for juicy news, regardless of who they need to drag in the dirt. "

"I've called my lawyers, and sent screenshots of the latest lies and slander used against me. I hope the people who posted them are prepared to provide PROOF in court. Shey you have dragged my name in the mud again, you MUST provide proof of your accusations or you will go to jail", he added.

Frank Edoho, another Nigerian presenter comes to the rescue of Banky, saying that Nigerians must encourage the young ones to contest in elections . In his tweet he said "Young Nigerians insulting Banky W for having his own opinion. They are the ones who say they are tired of voting for old people in politics but don't encourage younger ones to run for office.This is why I only tweet football and oddities. Even motivation, you will not get from me."

But Omalicha another user took a swipe on Frank Edoho telling him that being young isn't enough. In her words she said "So because he is young, we should tolerate foolishness? That is how we did 'young' and now have to deal with the madness in Kogi State."

In support of Bank W, Elsie Godwin said "But what has Banky W done to warrant such insult from an inbecile with 200 followers? This social media is a blessing and a curse fam! And with the way and mannner so many users are rude and uncultured on this app, it’s becoming more of the latter in Nigeria ."

Apart from his political leaning , it is thought that Nigerians are dragging the entertainer because of his political role in the 2014 and they have an axe to grind with him.

Uyanwune Chukwuemeka a Twitter user replying Frank Edoho said "The same Banky in 2015 compared GEJ with a goat, and preferred GMB to. Today the narrative have changed and he now wants us to understand him. He needs to learn."

Though Banky W has maintained his position on good governance and he opined that "I'm in an uphill battle, going up against the two major parties, but I believe it is one worth fighting. We need to infiltrate Govt at the community level, & build capacity. I hope to inspire others to do the same. The problem is from the top but the solution is from the bottom."

https://etimes.com.ng/twitter-agog-as-banky-w-is-dragged-nivea-capitalises-on-the-publicity-to-launch-product/

Though the Nigerian Twitter users called his talks rants and they advised him to go back to Instagram and continue his slaying. Cashing on the PR, the global cosmetic maker Nivea has used the opportunity to launch their Nigeria Twitter account and promised to launch a product known as Gorimapa Nivea dedicated to bald headed men.

(1) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Reveals Reason Why She Fought With Mercy Johnson / LillyPraise - God Over Everything...Debut Single. / “I Inspired Wizkid X Davido & Burna Boy” – Danny Young Blows Hot As He Warns Sho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.