Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,227 members, 7,815,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Justice Walter Onnoghen Once Recommended To Be Sacked For Corruption In 1994 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Justice Walter Onnoghen Once Recommended To Be Sacked For Corruption In 1994 (1425 Views)

Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN / Photo: President Buhari And CJN Walter Onnoghen At Armed Forces Remembrance Day / Court Stops FG From Trying Walter Onnoghen, CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Justice Walter Onnoghen Once Recommended To Be Sacked For Corruption In 1994 by KenOne: 12:56pm On Jan 27, 2019
The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen is facing the battle of his political carreer. He was one of the judges indicted for corruption and recommended for dismissal by the the Justice Kayode Eso Panel set up by the Sani Abacha military regime to probe incessant allegations of judicial corruption in 1994.

Justice Onnoghen was then a judge in the Cross River State high court where he was accused of selling justice to the highest bidder. Luckily for Justice Onnoghen he had been promoted to the Court of Appeal when the implementation of the recommendation of the Eso Panel was carried out against only judges of high courts across the country.

As the leopard never changes its colour Justice Onnoghen has continued with corrupt practices. The judge has not been able to account for the millions of Naira, Pounds Sterling, Dollars and Euros in his bank accounts. The money is so much for a serving judge that Justice Onnoghen did not declare some of his bank accounts as required by law.

Hence, the Chief Justice was charged with failure to false declaration and failure to declare his assets containing hundreds of over $3 million of dollars before the Code of Conduct Tribunal last week. It has also been alleged that for 18 months the Chief Justice did not withdraw from his salary account, suggesting that he was spending bribe money.

Source: Saharareporters.

Fortunately my grandpa retired was amongst the panel of judges that recommended for Justice Walter Onnoghen dismissal spoke to him and he confirmed it to me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justice Walter Onnoghen Once Recommended To Be Sacked For Corruption In 1994 by mycar: 1:02pm On Jan 27, 2019
No amount of lies can make Buhari's action legal, the issue is constitution and nothing more, due process has to be followed for our democracy to thrive.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justice Walter Onnoghen Once Recommended To Be Sacked For Corruption In 1994 by quickberry(m): 1:08pm On Jan 27, 2019
Wailers are coming for you @kenone
Re: Justice Walter Onnoghen Once Recommended To Be Sacked For Corruption In 1994 by KenOne: 1:15pm On Jan 27, 2019
quickberry:

As defenders of corruption they hate the truth. @ Quickberry i am prepared for them with audio recording of my granpa discussions as regards his role as a member of Justice Kayode Eso panel in 1994 and recommendations they reached concerning Justice Walter Onnoghen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Justice Walter Onnoghen Once Recommended To Be Sacked For Corruption In 1994 by KenOne: 1:18pm On Jan 27, 2019
quickberry:

As defenders of corruption they hate the truth. @ Quickberry i am prepared for them with audio recording of my granpa discussions as regards his role as a member of Justice Kayode Eso panel in 1994 and recommendations they reached concerning Justice Walter Onnoghen.

I will make the audio go viral.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Justice Walter Onnoghen Once Recommended To Be Sacked For Corruption In 1994 by kerzhim(m): 1:19pm On Jan 27, 2019
mycar:
No amount of lies can make Buhari's action legal, the issue is constitution and nothing more, due process has to be followed for our democracy to thrive.
I dont even think you understand what exactly the constitution says about this case. How can you be a judge in your own case? The CJN is under suspension pending the time the case will be resolved. If he is not guilty, then will be reintated but if he is, then he will face the law.
The question i want to ask is, according to what you know on this case, is he guilty of not?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justice Walter Onnoghen Once Recommended To Be Sacked For Corruption In 1994 by KenOne: 1:19pm On Jan 27, 2019
mycar:

Why not used your power to bring him back as CJN since it's illegal by you.

3 Likes

Re: Justice Walter Onnoghen Once Recommended To Be Sacked For Corruption In 1994 by lebienconnu: 1:23pm On Jan 27, 2019
KenOne:

No amount of evidence can change thier mind. They know the chief is a thief. They just hate Buhari. The enemy of thier enemy is thier friend even if he is Evans.

Just let them wail. I enjoy it.

2 Likes

Re: Justice Walter Onnoghen Once Recommended To Be Sacked For Corruption In 1994 by Fuckuignos(f): 1:37pm On Jan 27, 2019
Hmm
Re: Justice Walter Onnoghen Once Recommended To Be Sacked For Corruption In 1994 by GeorgeTheCoder: 1:45pm On Jan 27, 2019
KenOne:

I will make the audio go viral.

Ask your grandfather if the way and manner Onnoghen was removed by Buhari is constitutional. If in 1994 same tactics were employed, there would have been no Kayode Eso panel and your grandfather would have no stories to tell.
Re: Justice Walter Onnoghen Once Recommended To Be Sacked For Corruption In 1994 by Cajal(m): 1:45pm On Jan 27, 2019
CCT SHOULD REVERSE THE SUSPENSION
NJC SHOULD ASK HIM TO STEP ASIDE
PMB SHOULD comply
Re: Justice Walter Onnoghen Once Recommended To Be Sacked For Corruption In 1994 by Charmingrascal(m): 1:53pm On Jan 27, 2019
Children of hate are coming for your head and when they do, don't reply their mentiona. Wrestling wit a pig is unnecessary.
Re: Justice Walter Onnoghen Once Recommended To Be Sacked For Corruption In 1994 by KenOne: 2:11pm On Jan 27, 2019
GeorgeTheCoder:

Ask your grandfather if the way and manner Onnoghen was removed by Buhari is constitutional. If in 1994 same tactics were employed, there would have been no Kayode Eso panel and your grandfather would have no stories to tell.

My grandfather said since NJC has refused to do in house cleansing then Executive will do it for them.

He said NJC called it for themselves, he retired as supreme court judge and said the highest corruption in judiciary is in supreme court and NJC.

That as long as Onnoghen is there as NJC head they'll always protect him considering that about 5 to 8 members of NJC Onnoghen appointed them.

That what the federal government did was to throw Onnoghen's case to court of public opinion so that NJC will not cover him up when they sit on the matter.

He said to me son Onnoghen is gone whether wrongly or rightly that his image has been battered that the federal government will expose more damning report and findings about Onnoghen in the coming days.

That when a government wants to bring you down they'll do it in just seconds because they have the full facts and report of every public officer, that everything Onnoghen was accused he's guilty of it but looking for technicalities and loopholes to escape justice.

For an 81yrs old man to tell me son after God fear government.
Re: Justice Walter Onnoghen Once Recommended To Be Sacked For Corruption In 1994 by SalamRushdie: 2:13pm On Jan 27, 2019
Well the case at hand now is not about corruption or any crime on the part of the Onnoghen but it's about protecting the sanctity of our constitution and the rule of law as regard the separation of powers as stipulated and guaranteed by the constitution
Re: Justice Walter Onnoghen Once Recommended To Be Sacked For Corruption In 1994 by GeorgeTheCoder: 2:27pm On Jan 27, 2019
KenOne:

My grandfather said since NJC has refused to do in house cleansing then Executive will do it for them.

He said NJC called it for themselves, he retired as supreme court judge and said the highest corruption in judiciary is in supreme court and NJC.

That as long as Onnoghen is there as NJC head they'll always protect him considering that about 5 to 8 members of NJC Onnoghen appointed them.

That what the federal government did was to throw Onnoghen's case to court of public opinion so that NJC will not cover him up when they sit on the matter.

He said to me son Onnoghen is gone whether wrongly or rightly that his image has been battered that the federal government will expose more damning report and findings about Onnoghen in the coming days.

That when a government wants to bring you down they'll do it in just seconds because they have the full facts and report of every public officer, that everything Onnoghen was accused he's guilty of it but looking for technicalities and loopholes to escape justice.

For an 81yrs old man to tell me son after God fear government.

Well with all due respect to your grandpa, he is wrong. We want a country were rule of law prevails. I don't give a hoot about Onnoghen and he can rot in jail for all I care but I will not give opportunity to dictators who hide under the law to perpetuate illegality.
Buhari who has jailed Dasuki for four years without responding to court orders is now pretending to uphold the law ?
Re: Justice Walter Onnoghen Once Recommended To Be Sacked For Corruption In 1994 by zlantanfan: 2:28pm On Jan 27, 2019
The truth is PDP apologists do not agree he isn't corrupt or he hasnt committed a suspendable crime by omitting billions of naira in declaration.

They only argue that the NJC should recommend his suspension, when he would also be the one to head the hearing against himself.

It is funny how only the PDP seems to be the most concerned opposition about this after Walter notorious history of selling judgement to PDP.

I believe for fairness tanko is next in line and a northern just like atiku so PDP shouldn't entertain the wailing they are on now
Re: Justice Walter Onnoghen Once Recommended To Be Sacked For Corruption In 1994 by MrGudMood: 2:33pm On Jan 27, 2019
[quote author=KenOne post=75161675]

As defenders of corruption they hate the truth. @ Quickberry i am prepared for them with audio recording of my granpa discussions as regards his role as a member of Justice Kayode Eso panel in 1994 and recommendations they reached concerning Justice Walter Onnoghen. I won't say the CJN is innocent and so many things point to the fact that he is not but my concern is that was there no way to remove him without giving the opposition much ground to argue?

(1) (Reply)

Video Linking Akpabio To Assassination In A’ibom Leaks Few Hours To Polls / Meet The Youngest Lawmaker In Michigan, USA / Secrets Of Gov Fayemi’s Powers Revealed!! (see Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.