Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,646 members, 7,851,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:34 PM

Atiku’s Endorsement: Nwodo Alleges Obiano Called Him An Idiot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku’s Endorsement: Nwodo Alleges Obiano Called Him An Idiot (362 Views)

The Moment Ebelechukwu Obiano Called Bianca Ojukwu 'Ashawo' (Photo) / Ohaneze Secretary Apologises To Buhari Over Atiku’s Endorsement / Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku’s Endorsement: Nwodo Alleges Obiano Called Him An Idiot by sarrki(m): 1:54pm On Jan 27, 2019
Published

January 27, 2019
Ogbonna Casmir

The endorsement of presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, by Igbo highest decision making body, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has set Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State against the President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Nnia Nwodo.

Nwodo alleged that Obiano, who had vowed to deliver Anambra’s votes to President Muhammadu Buhari in the presidential election, called him an idiot in a phone call.

Nwodo, who recounted the shocking encounter of the incident, made through a phone call from the governor, which is circulating in the social media, said he had decided to go public over the matter “so that Igbo would know who is idiot among both of us.”

Nwodo said, “Your Excellency Gov Obiano, I was surprised to receive a call from you a few minutes ago in which you said the following words ‘Nnia, I didn’t know that you were so idiotic’.

“I am shocked that you can be so insolent.

“I am sure that I was neither so idiotic when I addressed your state assembly asking Ndi Anambra to disregard IPOB’s boycott of your election nor was I idiotic when I pleaded with the Commander-in-Chief to restore your security detail.

“History will judge who amongst us is idiotic. If standing with the popular wish of Ndigbo makes me idiotic, I am happy to be called an idiot.

“I will make this communication public so that Igbo will know who is idiotic amongst both of us.”

READ ALSO: Five students die in Ogun crash, driver flees

Meanwhile, the Special Adviser to Chief Nwodo on Media and Productivity, Chief Emeka Attamah, confirmed the social media report.

In a communiqué after its meeting, Ohanaeze had endorsed the candidacy of Atiku, and his running mate, Mr. Peter Obi, of the PDP ahead of the in February 16 presidential election.

https://punchng.com/atikus-endorsement-nwodo-alleges-obiano-called-him-an-idiot/
Re: Atiku’s Endorsement: Nwodo Alleges Obiano Called Him An Idiot by sarrki(m): 1:58pm On Jan 27, 2019
Am sure Nwodo lies against Willie Obiano

This is what happened

Before Peter Obi, Val Obienye Destroy Nwodo

In the very late hours of Friday, January 25, Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State told Ohaneze President General John Nnia Nwodo that if there is any person in the Ohaneze leadership who should not use the Ohaneze platform to destroy the memory of the Great Zik of Africa by holding an Ime Obi meeting on a day the Zik Mausoleum was being commissioned, it should not be him.

The governor also reminded Nwodo that it was Zik who made the father of the Ohaneze President General, Chief John Nwodo ,Snr, the first minister from the Nsukka senatorial zone, and this was in the 1950s when Zik was the Eastern Nigerian premier. Obiano also reminded the younger Nwodo that it was the Great Zik of Africa who located the University of Nigeria at Nsukka, and as a result changed the history and face of Nsukka forever.

Fearing that Governor Obiano would go public with these facts which could make him look like a saboteur and ingrate, Nnia Nwodo quickly wrote a brief statement alleging that the governor used strong language against him. He carefully avoided reporting what they discussed. The ways of politicians are something else.

Little did the Ohaneze President realize that he had provided ammunition for Peter Obi, the PDP Vice Presidential candidate, and his media aide, Valentine Obienye, to cause mass disaffection which will be ruinous to him. Obienye hurriedly forged a report meant to poison social relations, a perfect example of what is now popularly known as fake news which causes mass hatred.

Obienye wrote the fake news that Obiano had a dinner with four unnamed commissioners and so-called five others where he boasted how he called Nwodo a “Wild Animal of West Africa (WAWA” Even though this is a fourth rate forgery, many people who read it in Anambra State think it was written by Nwodo to cause a war between Anambra and Enugu states. They are disappointed that Nnia Nwodo, whose late wife came from a respected family in Anambra State, could descend so low. Coupled with Nnia Nwodo’s obvious attempt on Thursday, January 224 to ruin the national honour to Zik, the only Ohaneze Patron in history, the Anambra people are wondering what has become of their in-law.

Forging documents is Obienye’s second nature. He once photoshopped pictures of an internationally respected writer and columnist from Anambra State and alleged that he is a homosexual! Obienye paid some persons to make posters of the photoshopped pictures and paste in public places in the hometown of this morally upright professor, a devout Catholic. The professor’s offence? He protested against Peter Obi’s leadership style in his column.

It is difficult for many people who know Val Obienye to accept that he is an ex seminarian because he is absolutely unconscionable. It is more difficult for them to believe that he attends morning mass everyday and receives the Holy Communion. As the Bible says “They worship me with their lips, but their hearts are far away from me” (Matthew 5: 8; Isaiah 29: 13). He is morally depraved. He will be the first victim of the forthcoming law against fake news.

My concern now is how the young man and his principal, Peter Obi, will soon destroy Nnia Nwodo, given that the Ohaneze president has now chosen to be in cahoots with the PDP. Nwodo should expect more forgeries which the public will innocently attribute to him.

Henry Obijiofor
Re: Atiku’s Endorsement: Nwodo Alleges Obiano Called Him An Idiot by BafanaBafana: 2:10pm On Jan 27, 2019
December 2017, there was a nation wide fuel scarcity. Nwodo came out to say Buhari was making fuel scarce so as to cause hardship for Ndigbo and frustrate their traveling home.
My little brother was like "which kind of idiot be this? "
Re: Atiku’s Endorsement: Nwodo Alleges Obiano Called Him An Idiot by sarrki(m): 2:47pm On Jan 27, 2019
BafanaBafana:
December 2017, there was a nation wide fuel scarcity. Nwodo came out to say Buhari was making fuel scarce so as to cause hardship for Ndigbo and frustrate their traveling home.
My little brother was like "which kind of idiot be this? "

Your brother is a patriot

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Egba Agbeyin Endorses Ayo Adesina / Live Protest At East West Road By IJAW Youth Council / Abducted Abia APC Chairman Regains Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.