Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ (34036 Views)

Cross River Confirms Ikepeme As CJ After Rejecting Her Twice / Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme’s Confirmation As CJ, Again, Post Vacant / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by BeautifulMind2: 4:37pm On Jan 27, 2019
Nigeria presently has two Chief Justices of the Federation. One is recognized by the constitution and the other is recognized by the President.

Civil Societies, Election observers, pressure groups, opposition parties and the international community, have all come out to support the constitution of Nigeria at this trying time. A big stakeholder in this issue is the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA), led by Paul Usoro SAN.

In the statement, Usoro stated, “It is unfortunate that the Executive Branch of Government purports to suspend the CJN on the basis of an alleged ex-parte order of the Code of Conduct Tribunal – the same Tribunal that, to the knowledge of the Executive, had, only the first previous day, Tuesday, 22 January 2019 adjourned its proceedings to Monday, 28 and January 2019 and has before it a Motion on Notice that is yet to be argued, seeking a the same reliefs as were contained in the purported ex-parte application, to wit, the state capital suspension of the CJN, amongst others.4. ”

The implication is that the president has gone on and above to suspend the constitution in order to achieve his aims and objectives. Clearly, the NBA is of the understanding that the constitution allows for the removal of the CJN through a recommendation of the NJC and a 2/3 of the senate assenting to it, with the President ratifying it.

Following the purported suspension of the CJN, the implications is that the President has suspended the constitution, in order to effect a change. As such, the president is on this note, no longer constitutionally recognized. One cannot suspend the constitution of the land at a time that it suits him or her.

Shehu is a political analyst interested in the activities of the government. He believes there is no smoke without fire, but he is also a firm believer in the Consitution.

http://dailypost.ng/2019/01/27/shehu-abdullahi-implications-nba-rejection-justice-tanko-cjn/

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by Fuckuignos(f): 4:38pm On Jan 27, 2019
Two things will happen on the 16th of February.

Elections will hold and Atiku will make a famous phone call.

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by jerryunit48: 7:15pm On Jan 27, 2019
Me vote Buhari?

193 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by Abjay97(m): 7:15pm On Jan 27, 2019
Fuckuignos:

On the 16th of FAILBUHARI, His Excellency Alhaji Atiku Olusegun Chimaobim Tamuno Eledu Abubakar will be congratulated as the Incoming President of Nigeria by Donald Trump and other world leaders

Check this thread and comment

10 Facts About Richest American Ever Who Paid Tithes
https://www.nairaland.com/4986127/10-facts-richest-man-ever#75171773

168 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by chloride6: 7:15pm On Jan 27, 2019
How many times will I tell you that the president did not act of his own accord?
The CCT asked him to suspend the CJN, Onnoghen should go to the CCT and challenge the ruling of the court.

The President merely obeyed the CCT. Leave my Bubu alone abeg...

None of you have asked the CJN to honourably recuse himself. When the constitution was created, the drafters erroneously assumed that the all the actors in it had some iota of shame. Clearly they were wrong, Onnoghen has no shame.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by Trapping(m): 7:15pm On Jan 27, 2019
Have no doubts, buhari desperation will lead to the break up of Nigeria.

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by Sellfish(m): 7:15pm On Jan 27, 2019
Mmm
Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by Omeokachie: 7:16pm On Jan 27, 2019
Nigeria will never remain the same again.

Buhari has completely destroyed Nigeria.

76 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by Lordsocrates: 7:17pm On Jan 27, 2019
We all know that buhari will never go back in on his is decision...

5 Likes

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by xtianh(m): 7:17pm On Jan 27, 2019
So
Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by sogodihno: 7:17pm On Jan 27, 2019
lolz, they rejected him, yet he inaugurated the election tribunal yesterday and 250 lawyers were in attendance. U all go dey alright last last.

All I know is, all this noise will end after a week, Tanko is the CJN and Buhari is the president.

wailers! o ya wail for me.

God protect Buhari for us. Amen.

4+4 jor

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by OmaWillz: 7:17pm On Jan 27, 2019
As president of the comment readers association of NL, let me just comment.

I have nothing to say.

Thank you.
Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by mayskit4luv(m): 7:17pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ok

1 Like

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by mitchelljnr(m): 7:18pm On Jan 27, 2019
What about the Ganduje and others why are serious actions not taken on them?
I dunno nothing is ask I ask o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by Stanweezy(m): 7:19pm On Jan 27, 2019
Buhari is ruling with military hand

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by Blakjewelry(m): 7:20pm On Jan 27, 2019
it's only zombified idiots who won't see anything wrong with the Presidents action

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by Guide777(m): 7:20pm On Jan 27, 2019
Bihari has murdered sleep . He and his evil broom wielding party will not know peace. They will regret their anti Democratic action.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by DMerciful(m): 7:21pm On Jan 27, 2019
The fraudulent exparte order should be investigated and appropriate disciplinary action taken!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by princemillla(m): 7:23pm On Jan 27, 2019
Interesting
Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 27, 2019
chloride6:
How many times will I tell you that the president did not act of his own accord?
The CCT asked him to suspend the CJN, Onnoghen should go to the CCT and challenge the ruling of the court.

None of you have asked the CJN to honourably recuse himself. When the constitution was created, the drafters erroneously assumed that the all the actors in it had some iota of shame. Clearly they were wrong, Onnoghen has no shame.

CCT can only recommend to the NJC not the President

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by DMerciful(m): 7:24pm On Jan 27, 2019
You are not smart at all
chloride6:

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by aishapmbtoto: 7:25pm On Jan 27, 2019
Buhari means bad luck

5 Likes

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by chloride6: 7:27pm On Jan 27, 2019
eddiebruk:

CCT can only recommend to the NJC not the President

The CCT did this time. It's not the president place to question court orders .
Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by vincent10(m): 7:27pm On Jan 27, 2019
He who murders sleep shall know no sleep.

Buhari and his cohort has murdered sleep and they will never have peace.

10 Likes

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by princemillla(m): 7:29pm On Jan 27, 2019
BeautifulMind2:

– "the same Tribunal that, to the knowledge of the Executive, had, only the first previous day, Tuesday, 22 January 2019 adjourned its proceedings to Monday, 28 and January 2019"

President buhari feign he is unaware of the CJN ongoing travail, yet it took him less than a month to suspend/remove him ( unconstitutionally) with the help of CCT lead by danladi Umar. Same dalandi Umar that have ongoing fraud case on his neck.
I pity hypocrites claiming what the president has done is in right directions. This is pure breach of constitution of Nigeria.

Finally, danladi Umar a CCT court chairman should equally resign since there is fraud case on him too

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by AdonaiAluminium: 7:32pm On Jan 27, 2019
This will raise a serious constitutional issue, PMB is really set to destroy this democracy.

Contact us for your Polyurethane and polysterene insulated roofing sheets and panels and all roofing jobs

3 Likes

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by Ellie01: 7:33pm On Jan 27, 2019
Fuckuignos:

How not to kick out the CJN.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by Ellie01: 7:35pm On Jan 27, 2019
chloride6:

The CCT did this time. It's not the president place to question court orders .

So how come he questioned those for dasuki n el zakzakky?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by Fuckuignos(f): 7:35pm On Jan 27, 2019
Abjay97:
On the 16th of FAILBUHARI, His Excellency Alhaji Atiku Olusegun Chimaobim Tamuno Eledu Abubakar will be congratulated as the Incoming President of Nigeria by Donald Trump and other world leaders
did u honestly believe Atiku will win? If you honestly believe Atiku will win, you are extraordinary human

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by yommygift15: 7:36pm On Jan 27, 2019
mitchelljnr:
What about the Ganduje and others why are serious actions not taken on them?

I dunno nothing is ask I ask o
Check ur dictionary and see the meaning of immunity

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

WTO: 79 Countries Endorse Okonjo-iweala’s Candidacy / Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court / PDP Convention: Tambuwal In Talks With Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.