Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,648 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ (34057 Views)

Cross River Confirms Ikepeme As CJ After Rejecting Her Twice / Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme’s Confirmation As CJ, Again, Post Vacant / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by Eze2000(m): 7:37pm On Jan 27, 2019
sogodihno:
lolz, they rejected him, yet he inaugurated the election tribunal yesterday and 250 lawyers were in attendance. U all go dey alright last last.

All I know is, all this noise will end after a week, Tanko is the CJN and Buhari is the president.

wailers! o ya wail for me.

God protect Buhari for us. Amen.

4+4 jor

Until i see you begging for money next year on Instagram out of hardship...

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by nextnear(m): 7:38pm On Jan 27, 2019
BeautifulMind2:
Nigeria presently has two Chief Justices of the Federation. One is recognized by the constitution and the other is recognized by the President.

[b] Civil Societies, Election observers, pressure groups, opposition parties and the international community, have all come out to support the constitution of Nigeria at this trying time. A big stakeholder in this issue is the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA), led by Paul Usoro SAN.[/b]when you do what no one has ever done before at the very same level, its compulsory your eyes see what no one has ever seen before. Period!

In the statement, Usoro stated, “It is unfortunate that the Executive Branch of Government purports to suspend the CJN on the basis of an alleged ex-parte order of the Code of Conduct Tribunal – the same Tribunal that, to the knowledge of the Executive, had, only the first previous day, Tuesday, 22 January 2019 adjourned its proceedings to Monday, 28 and January 2019 and has before it a Motion on Notice that is yet to be argued, seeking a the same reliefs as were contained in the purported ex-parte application, to wit, the state capital suspension of the CJN, amongst others.4. ”

The implication is that the president has gone on and above to suspend the constitution in order to achieve his aims and objectives. Clearly, the NBA is of the understanding that the constitution allows for the removal of the CJN through a recommendation of the NJC and a 2/3 of the senate assenting to it, with the President ratifying it.

Following the purported suspension of the CJN, the implications is that the President has suspended the constitution, in order to effect a change. As such, the president is on this note, no longer constitutionally recognized. One cannot suspend the constitution of the land at a time that it suits him or her.

Shehu is a political analyst interested in the activities of the government. He believes there is no smoke without fire, but he is also a firm believer in the Consitution.

http://dailypost.ng/2019/01/27/shehu-abdullahi-implications-nba-rejection-justice-tanko-cjn/
Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by Amumaigwe: 7:39pm On Jan 27, 2019
chloride6:
How many times will I tell you that the president did not act of his own accord?
The CCT asked him to suspend the CJN, Onnoghen should go to the CCT and challenge the ruling of the court.

The President merely obeyed the CCT. Leave my Bubu alone abeg...

None of you have asked the CJN to honourably recuse himself. When the constitution was created, the drafters erroneously assumed that the all the actors in it had some iota of shame. Clearly they were wrong, Onnoghen has no shame.

Being smart by half. He chose to obey the orders of CCT whereas the appeal court which is superior to CCT had restrained them to from taking any action. BTW, when did Buhari start obeying court orders?

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by Emanodimo(m): 7:42pm On Jan 27, 2019
That's what happens when a law has Tuface (two face) .... The same constitution allows the President to sack any appointees.

Also, on the same platform, I have read a section of the constitution back up the president and a section of the same constitution that requires 2/3 of the Senate and Recommendations of NJC, CCT.

So, let the NBA keep waging tongue ...

If you are confused work into a law firm, u will see APC & PDP lawyers in one chamber as to the legality of PMB on Onnoghen sack .

There you will understand that sometimes, u can create a law out of existence in Nigeria still win your case .

Don't be surprised when the liars in court begins to quote Section bla Sub- section bla-bla Part C says bla-bla bullshit ...
Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by GeorgeTheCoder: 7:42pm On Jan 27, 2019
chloride6:
How many times will I tell you that the president did not act of his own accord?
The CCT asked him to suspend the CJN, Onnoghen should go to the CCT and challenge the ruling of the court.

None of you have asked the CJN to honourably recuse himself. When the constitution was created, the drafters erroneously assumed that the all the actors in it had some iota of shame. Clearly they were wrong, Onnoghen has no shame.

Your dullard president and his evil midget vice cannot recognize the difference between a legal and suspiciously illegal court order inspite of the resources at their disposal ?

1 Like

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by chloride6: 7:42pm On Jan 27, 2019
Amumaigwe:

Being smart by half. He chose to obey the orders of CCT whereas the appeal court which is superior to CCT had restrained them to from taking any action. BTW, when did Buhari start obeying court orders?

The Appeal court didn't issue instruction to the President, it issued to the CCT.

The CCT is the one you should hold. Coincidentally, Onnoghen is the head of judiciary.
Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by chloride6: 7:44pm On Jan 27, 2019
GeorgeTheCoder:

Your dullard president and his evil midget vice cannot recognize the difference between a legal and suspiciously illegal court order inspite of the resources at their disposal ?

Suspicious court order?

That statement alone in public can get you a contempt of court charge.
Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by Iko5000: 7:45pm On Jan 27, 2019
My friend go and read the constitution and come back and comment seriously .
chloride6:

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by chloride6: 7:47pm On Jan 27, 2019
Iko5000:
My friend go and read the constitution and come back and comment seriously .

I don't need to read the constitute to know that the President should not select what orders of the court to abide with.

The CCT ordered, he obeyed.
Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by arrestdarrester: 7:49pm On Jan 27, 2019
Bubu's desperation may break up this country for good.

His confidence is in Burutu.

I laugh in fulfude...

1 Like

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by seunlayi(m): 7:49pm On Jan 27, 2019
I feel like hearing martial music on frcn
Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 27, 2019
Nothing concern me.
Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by jude33084(m): 7:57pm On Jan 27, 2019
sogodihno:
lolz, they rejected him, yet he inaugurated the election tribunal yesterday and 250 lawyers were in attendance. U all go dey alright last last.

All I know is, all this noise will end after a week, Tanko is the CJN and Buhari is the president.

wailers! o ya wail for me.

God protect Buhari for us. Amen.

This is why he was chosen hmmm undecided
Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by CHRISDMANAGER(m): 8:07pm On Jan 27, 2019
The law must surely take its course..
Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by koyeni(m): 8:08pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ok
Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by Foolishbuhari: 8:09pm On Jan 27, 2019
chloride6:

The CCT did this time. It's not the president place to question court orders .

You just switch off current Going to your brains and spew foolishness about!

So now he wants to obey a court order then he has to obey a skewered one? One not gotten in fairness? Why am I even arguing with you dead brains

This week is going to be very Interesting... I am not defending the man but the office of the CJN...we can't allow one power drunk fool place our constitution and country in jeopardy

1 Like

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by Evercurious(f): 8:11pm On Jan 27, 2019
chloride6:

PLS LISTEN AND STOP TYPING TRASH
Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by rokoto1986(m): 8:12pm On Jan 27, 2019
gba gbam, na dis 1 warri go say e dun burst. it is becoming obvious dat buhari is a pure dictator. he arranged d whole case, he also arranged d ex parte order, dat was dated b4 d day d case was official filed in d court, all is to remove d cjn so dat he can appoint his bro who will do his dirty job 4 him. Thank legislature will stand 4 d constitution. buhari cant be bigger dan the constitution he sworn to protect.
Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by somehow: 8:15pm On Jan 27, 2019
He was not removed but suspended.

Una think say na only una get sense they? Lol
Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by GeorgeTheCoder: 8:17pm On Jan 27, 2019
chloride6:

Suspicious court order?

That statement alone in public can get you a contempt of court charge.

F..k contempt of court. Buhari is a fraud.

https://www.nairaland.com/4985582/lawyers-say-cct-ex-parte-order-may-be-fraudulent
Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by chloride6: 8:18pm On Jan 27, 2019
Evercurious:

PLS LISTEN AND STOP TYPING TRASH

Go and hold the CCT and stop disturbing the president.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 27, 2019
chloride6:

The CCT did this time. It's not the president place to question court orders .

What are you saying? If CCT Sent their recommendation for suspension to NJC, why didn’t the President wait for their Decision?
Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by chloride6: 8:23pm On Jan 27, 2019
eddiebruk:

What are you saying? If CCT Sent their recommendation for suspension to NJC, why didn’t the President wait for their Decision?

There are no if's here. The CCT ORDERED the President to suspend the CJN. Simple.
Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by Benobute: 8:25pm On Jan 27, 2019
Tomorrow is the of protest nation wide buhari have suspend our constitution.. He buhari must reverse or step aside.. All come out take off NLC house nation wide...
Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by Lovemaester: 8:28pm On Jan 27, 2019
Guide777:
Bihari has murdered sleep . He and his evil broom wielding party will not know peace. They will regret their anti Democratic action.

painful wailer, last last u go dey alright

1 Like

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by MobilityExpress: 8:28pm On Jan 27, 2019
Fuckuignos:
Two things will happen on the 16th of February.

Elections will hold and Atiku will make a famous phone call.

He won't. Atiku is not a gentleman like Jonathan. Atiku will just travel to Dubai grin
Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by amnesty7: 8:28pm On Jan 27, 2019
Fuckuignos:
Two things will happen on the 16th of February.

Elections will hold and Atiku will make a famous phone call.
Insha Allah. FeBuhari!

1 Like

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 27, 2019
chloride6:

There are no if's here. The CCT ORDERED the President to suspend the CJN. Simple.

You lack comprehension. Bye
Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by intruder15(m): 8:36pm On Jan 27, 2019
chloride6:

There's something called hierarchy of courts. If a superior court gives verdict on the same issue which a lower court gives verdict on, one is expected to obey the ruling of the higher court. Let's leave that aside.

The issue is, what buhari did is not within his power alone to do. 2/3 of the senate must approve before he sacks the CJN.

So, what he did is against the law which deters the supremacy of the Nigerian constitution. His action is very sensitive. What's the essence of having a constitution if you won't obey it That's anarchy.

Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by Amudeneogu: 8:43pm On Jan 27, 2019
This means that both gods and human beings has rejected buhari?
Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by smithyemy: 8:44pm On Jan 27, 2019
BUHARI has turned 250 million nigerian to his house hold equipment that he can maneuver any how he wants. BUHARI, YOUR TIME has come! Since you ve decided to rig the election of this country by Engaging your personal constitution to oppress THE CJN without allowing him to defend himself, :even the almighty GOD said in his Bible that every one of us shall be allow to explain his/herself, during the judgment day b4 him GOD will decide, but you didn't allow this CJN to defend the allegations laid against him:BUHARI you speedily swear in your brother as the new CJN inside your bedroom. BUHARI still lied That CCT Recommend you to suspend the CJN. BUHARI, Who are you fooling, i guess you are fooling your APC MEMBERS. Coz, i vividly understood clearly that the CCT will pass its report to the NJC and not PRESIDENT BUHARI, then 2/3 of the senate will pass their vote before the CJN can be suspended or sacked. BUHARI, After all i fought for you during jonathan era. You make me regret my actions. I never knew it was a TYRANT PRESIDENT, I Fought for. AN IDIAMIN, THE HEROD OF OUR TIME, THE ABACHA REPLICANT soon to be announced and the KING PHARAOH of our own time. Meanwhile, for my YORUBAS brother that support buhari:i wish you goodluck oooo. But, i ve decided to take a U TURN. i will never dine and wine with a devil that can kill just to rig and win election. BUHARI has kill the CJN all because the man is from the MINORITY(NIGER DELTA). When buhari can not provide us his primary school RESULTS and when he fails to declare his own ASSETS, who crucified him or persecuted him.
Re: Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ by RealityShot: 8:51pm On Jan 27, 2019
CITIZENS OF NIGERIA!

you have been saying Buhari is NOT fighting corruption.

now he actually punished ONE corrupt person (CJN); WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING?

PERSECUTING HIM, REALLY?

VOTE BUHARI for continuity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yemi Osinbajo Meets Mike Pence, American Vice President (Photos) / INEC Declares Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Winner Of Kwara Governorship Election 2023 / Photos Of Governor Ganduje Returning To Kano After A Visit To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.