Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,938 members, 7,952,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:18 AM

Shocker!!!! MTN CEO Suspends Airtel CEO - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocker!!!! MTN CEO Suspends Airtel CEO (1365 Views)

We Are In Talks With NCC To Increase Tariffs On Data, Voice Calls - MTN CEO / Kwara Gov Meets MTN CEO / APC May Pull A Shocker In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocker!!!! MTN CEO Suspends Airtel CEO by SalamRushdie: 8:38pm On Jan 27, 2019
I know anyone that sees this headline will scream Impossible but this is exactly what Buhari is trying to do by claiming he can suspend the Chief Justice of Nigeria when it's very clear he has no such powers.

Onnoghen Remains the valid CJN!!!

8 Likes

Re: Shocker!!!! MTN CEO Suspends Airtel CEO by kettykin: 8:40pm On Jan 27, 2019
The head of a network arm suspends another what a shithole country filled with shithole mentality people, please which country in the world has the president suspended the chief justice of the federation except in a trouble banana republic ruled by the most disdainful hypocrites ever

2 Likes

Re: Shocker!!!! MTN CEO Suspends Airtel CEO by Blakjewelry(m): 8:42pm On Jan 27, 2019
Lol I thought we are in april

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocker!!!! MTN CEO Suspends Airtel CEO by collinsfhk(m): 8:44pm On Jan 27, 2019
I doubt if election will hold next month

1 Like

Re: Shocker!!!! MTN CEO Suspends Airtel CEO by Jonadull: 8:45pm On Jan 27, 2019
collinsfhk:
I doubt if election will hold next month
Election will hold and Buhari will win

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocker!!!! MTN CEO Suspends Airtel CEO by Jonadull: 8:46pm On Jan 27, 2019
SalamRushdie:
I know anyone that sees this headline will scream Impossible but this is exactly what Buhari is trying to do by claiming he can suspend the Chief Justice of Nigeria when it's very clear he has no such powers.

Salamrushdie aka farahaideed is in pains .
Go to court and stop ranting on the internet . Buhari simply obeyed a court order .
Your wailing is taking a new dimension. I hope you won’t enter market soon

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocker!!!! MTN CEO Suspends Airtel CEO by RealityShot: 8:54pm On Jan 27, 2019
CITIZENS OF NIGERIA!

you have been saying Buhari is NOT fighting corruption.

now he actually punished ONE corrupt person (CJN); WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING?

PERSECUTING HIM, REALLY?

VOTE BUHARI for continuity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocker!!!! MTN CEO Suspends Airtel CEO by Corrinthians(m): 8:56pm On Jan 27, 2019
SalamRushdie:

No kill yourself ontop battle wey don finish o.

Just look at the attitude of people that call others zombies. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Shocker!!!! MTN CEO Suspends Airtel CEO by MrMystrO(m): 8:58pm On Jan 27, 2019
Lol see this OLODO

1 Like

Re: Shocker!!!! MTN CEO Suspends Airtel CEO by SalamRushdie: 8:59pm On Jan 27, 2019
Blakjewelry:
Lol I thought we are in april

Exactly!!!! Buhari thinks we are in April and he is doing April fool
Re: Shocker!!!! MTN CEO Suspends Airtel CEO by collinsfhk(m): 9:01pm On Jan 27, 2019
Jonathan:

Election will hold and Buhari will win

Whoever wins is not my business. Politics is not my thing
Re: Shocker!!!! MTN CEO Suspends Airtel CEO by Bragalane: 9:05pm On Jan 27, 2019
I swear i never see anybody wey foolish reach all this miscreants PDP assigned to Nairalanad.
SalamRushdie:

Re: Shocker!!!! MTN CEO Suspends Airtel CEO by timecapsule: 11:39pm On Jan 27, 2019
The bible said that when things like this start happening know that the end is near.

The end of Nigerian is around the conner.

USA is not far from their 2015 prediction.
Re: Shocker!!!! MTN CEO Suspends Airtel CEO by ireke(m): 6:08am On Jan 28, 2019
SalamRushdie:

I try to avoid politics as much as possible but the kind of brain installed on people fighting on behalf of politicians will never cease to amaze me. Someone actually thinks the president's suspension of the CJN should be compared to one CEO suspending the CEO of another entity. Hmmmmm
Re: Shocker!!!! MTN CEO Suspends Airtel CEO by NothingDoMe: 6:15am On Jan 28, 2019
SalamRushdie:

I was surprised that you would even make a thread sef cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Shocker!!!! MTN CEO Suspends Airtel CEO by joshjc(m): 6:18am On Jan 28, 2019
what kind of foolish comparism is this, we should remove sentiment from our mindset in this country before it consume us.
Re: Shocker!!!! MTN CEO Suspends Airtel CEO by helinues: 6:31am On Jan 28, 2019
Elders above have said it all.

Pdp miscreants are really in severe pains

1 Like

Re: Shocker!!!! MTN CEO Suspends Airtel CEO by abes(m): 6:58am On Jan 28, 2019
SalamRushdie:

This won't be a shocker if Airtel CEO is an appointee of the MTN CEO according to NCC rule book.

In the case of the Nigerian constitution, the CJN is an appointee of the President, so what's shocking here?

Only people with lazy brains will make this comparisons in the first place.... Pity
Re: Shocker!!!! MTN CEO Suspends Airtel CEO by SalamRushdie: 7:49am On Jan 28, 2019
abes:

This won't be a shocker if Airtel CEO is an appointee of the MTN CEO according to NCC rule book.

In the case of the Nigerian constitution, the CJN is an appointee of the President, so what's shocking here?

Only people with lazy brains will make this comparisons in the first place.... Pity

you don't know what you are saying !!!! The 3 Arms of govt are all independent of each other according to the separation of powers , The president has no input in the selection process of the CJN as he is selected by his peers under the auspices of the NJC and his name only sent to the President for submission to the National Assembly for Ratification by 2/3 majority meaning like the president and leader of the National assembly they are all there at the pleasure of the people of Nigeria.

"CJN holds office at the pleasure of the Nigerian constitution and can only be removed from office by death or on attainment of age 70 whichever occurs first or by impeachment by the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria which requires a super majority of the members of the Nigerian Senate"

please stop saying what you don't know
Re: Shocker!!!! MTN CEO Suspends Airtel CEO by SalamRushdie: 7:57am On Jan 28, 2019
ireke:

I try to avoid politics as much as possible but the kind of brain installed on people fighting on behalf of politicians will never cease to amaze me. Someone actually thinks the president's suspension of the CJN should be compared to one CEO suspending the CEO of another entity. Hmmmmm

But in reality it's the same , they are both heads of independent separate arms of govt who are there by the pleasure of the people as guaranteed by the constitution.

"CJN holds office at the pleasure of the Nigerian constitution and can only be removed from office by death or on attainment of age 70 whichever occurs first or by impeachment by the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria which requires a super majority of the members of the Nigerian Senate"
Re: Shocker!!!! MTN CEO Suspends Airtel CEO by abes(m): 9:10am On Jan 28, 2019
SalamRushdie:

you don't know what you are saying !!!! The 3 Arms of govt are all independent of each other according to the separation of powers , The president has no input in the selection process of the CJN as he is selected by his peers under the auspices of the NJC and his name only sent to the President for submission to the National Assembly for Ratification by 2/3 majority meaning like the president and leader of the National assembly they are all there at the pleasure of the people of Nigeria.

please stop saying what you don't know

I know you wish the CJN is not an appointee of the president but the constitution does not support your wish.

Please pay attention to who appoints

231. (1) The appointment of a person to the office of Chief Justice of Nigeria shall be made by the President on the recommendation of the National Judicial Council subject to confirmation of such appointment by the Senate.

Now do you remember what Mike Ozekhome said about the president having the power to suspend any of his appointee?

(1) (Reply)

Youruba don't hate Igbo or any other :ben Murray-bruce / 2020 Would Be The Fastest Year In Human History / JUST IN: Amotekun Remains Illegal, Malami Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.