Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal (6281 Views)

West Brom Vs Chelsea (2 - 3) On 23rd August 2015 / West Brom Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 18th May 2015 / Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by HighChief4(m): 6:55pm On Aug 17, 2010
Nigeria international striker, Osaze Odemwingie, has agreed a three-year contract with English Premier League new boys, West Bromwich Albion.

Odemwingie said: "Most likely I will join on Tuesday. I've already signed a contract. The have been left to negotiate among themselves and then my dream of playing in the English Premier League will come true.

"I opted for West Brom because for a long time I've wanted to play in England. But I thank Panathinaikos for their interest. They are a big club.'

West Brom boss Roberto Di Matteo saw his shot-shy forwards muster just one attempt on target during Saturday's 6-0 defeat by Chelsea.

"What is holding back the announcement is just the paperwork between the Osaze’s Russian club, Locomotiv Moscow, and West Brom, as well as his work permit," a top source close to the striker told MTNFootball.com.

"We have already done the bulk of the work permit application and we do not envisage any issues."

The source further told MTNFootball.com: "The deal is for three years. He has passed his medical and he is already back in Moscow and I expect he will be unveiled later this week."

The 29-year-old Odemwingie has already featured for French club Lille as well as La Louviere of Belgium.

The transfer to England is a dream come true for the striker, who has never hidden his ambition to feature in the EPL and over the past couple of seasons he has been linked with several English clubs including Blackburn Rovers and Everton.

He teamed up with Locomotiv in 2007.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/17236/osaze-odemwingie-to-join-west-brom.php
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 17, 2010
Congrats to osaze, just go do ur thing
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by keemness(m): 9:04pm On Aug 17, 2010
we have been waitin 4 u , welcome mr ozaze!!!!!
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by HighChief4(m): 10:30pm On Aug 17, 2010
Am sure the guy will do well in EPL
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by Ikeobinna(m): 11:20pm On Aug 17, 2010
Why are the elite clubs not chasing nigerian players signature Anyway congrate!
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by Nobody: 1:42am On Aug 18, 2010
Now,this is disappointing to say the least.
If Osaze wanted to join the EPL,is it with a club that is favourite to go down at the end of the season?
I thought he was good enough to play for a decent enough club in England.
The boy is over-rated.
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by Nobody: 3:38am On Aug 18, 2010
I hope he wont end up like Julius Aghaowa
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 18, 2010
Kai, i'm disappointed for Osaze.

There was a time Osaze was linked to Man U.

This is big step down in my opinion
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by sayso: 4:12pm On Aug 18, 2010
congrats
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 18, 2010
Will he go the way of Utaka & Martins(i.e one season, then drastic drip in form) or Kanu & Yak(a relatively successful EPL)?
Time shall tell
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by dipo2much(m): 4:28pm On Aug 18, 2010
osaze linked with manu? i no hear that one o. I'm sure that was on complete sports.
But honestly,i dont c anything wrong in his west brom switch. They are in the EPL as of now and what happens later is not known. If he performs well,he will be in the EPL even if west brom gets relegated. I see this as a chance for him to show his abilities for bigger EPL teams to see. Plus he has always wanted to play in england. So a real dream came true
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by Ibomade1: 4:28pm On Aug 18, 2010
Nice one, hope you shine so that a bigger club can snap you up.
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by bawomolo(m): 4:32pm On Aug 18, 2010
i hope he avoids relegation
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by dayvide: 4:49pm On Aug 18, 2010
i think this is a step in the right direction for Osaze, whether in a Man Utd shirt or in a West Brom shirt, this is a great opportunity to show himself in a major league like the EPL, Congrats Osaze!
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by Kgdavid(m): 4:50pm On Aug 18, 2010
happy for him, i think he is better than west brom though, say maybe fulham or aston villa? he is not a world class player but he is still a good player.
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by ud4u: 4:53pm On Aug 18, 2010
Congrats man, may you excel in your career.
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by slap1(m): 4:55pm On Aug 18, 2010
Welcome. I pray you move to a bigger club, hopefully Arsenal.
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by BadExample: 5:05pm On Aug 18, 2010
He is too old. Too late
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by 1105(f): 5:18pm On Aug 18, 2010
i hate the guy jare~
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by jalether(m): 5:23pm On Aug 18, 2010
Was this a desperate move on his part to play in the premiership at all cost undecided

He deserves a better club.
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by philip0906(m): 5:29pm On Aug 18, 2010
jalether:

Was this a desperate move on his part to play in the premiership at all cost undecided

He deserves a better club.
the money. . .
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by Ibime(m): 5:46pm On Aug 18, 2010
Osaze was playing so poorly in Russia that any move to EPL would be a breath of fresh air for him.
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by fastspeed(m): 5:54pm On Aug 18, 2010
am very sorry 4 him,y west brow grin shocked embarassed
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 18, 2010
It's a great move for Osaze if you ask me. Isn't it better to play in a 'small' team in the EPL where the whole world sees you week-in-week-out, than to play in a 'big' team in a dead end like the Russian League that nobody watches? At least he'll get the chance to play against the best and prove his mettle. . .in the full glare of all and sundry. I hope he makes the most of this golden opportunity.
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by Ossaifamous(m): 6:07pm On Aug 18, 2010
ha noooooo, OSAZE what have u done u should ve stayed at locomotiv, what do u intend to achieve at albion, u are too young to battle relegation, noooooooii
to think u are eagles best player, only GOD can help u now
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by suedoh2006(m): 6:27pm On Aug 18, 2010
Situation doesn't stop a man, man could be road block to himself. If he decide that is what he want, then let him go for it. Things can change with him.
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by drify: 6:33pm On Aug 18, 2010
if he does well in his first season, a bigger club may bid 4 him. he is clearly nigeria's best player, no doubt. it's a pity Lagerback did not take notice of his talent.
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by usbcable(m): 6:35pm On Aug 18, 2010
It is better to own 10% percent in multi billion pound company than own 100% in a multi million russian ruble company.

I only hope(which I expect) he performs exceptionally well, so that better clubs will vie for his legs next season.
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by mamagee3(f): 7:21pm On Aug 18, 2010
Let's just pray he doesn't get stuck in West Brom like John Obi Mikel is in Chelsea.

Cause some of those clubs don't usually expose players to other clubs to show off their talent.
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by sammytb(m): 7:39pm On Aug 18, 2010
At least 4 a start, nd i blieve. A bigger clua wil soon sign him,
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 18, 2010
Good move Osaze.
The EPL is far better than that obscure Russia.

West Brom ain't a decent club.
I might find myself trying to catch one or two of their games because of him though.
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by mamagee3(f): 8:12pm On Aug 18, 2010
Osaze Odemwingie should have moved to an elite club like Man Utd.

As a talented player, he needs to get into a club that's rich and famous.

West Brom isn't the right one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chelsea Name Michael Emenalo As Wilkins' Successor As Assistant Coach / Fulham Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 21st April 2024 / UCL: AC Milan Vs Barcelona (2 - 3) On 23rd November 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.