Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,262 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR (22199 Views)

Manchester United Vs QPR (4 - 0) On 14th September 2014 / Peter Odemwingie, English Premier League Player Of The Month(September) / Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal (2) (3) (4)

Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by pappilo(m): 11:00pm On Jan 31, 2013
QPR's hopes of signing Peter Odemwingie before the transfer window closes have suffered a blow after West Brom revealed they have not given their player permission to speak to Rangers.

The 31-year-old Nigerian arrived outside Loftus Road in the hope of completing a move to the London club.

However, Albion insist they have yet to agree a fee for Odemwingie and the clubs will have to move fast if an agreement is to be reached before 11pm.

A West Brom statement read: "Albion have moved to clarify developments regarding Peter Odemwingie after the striker was filmed a short while ago arriving at Loftus Road.

"The club can confirm they have held further discussions with QPR today but those talks have so far proven fruitless and no agreement has been reached.

"Albion would also like to make clear that Peter has not been given permission to speak to QPR about a potential move."

Odemwingie had earlier told Sky Sports News: "Of course I love West Brom and I always will. But I'm very optimistic that I will join QPR, it's a new chapter in my life.

"I am optimistic. A few good players have arrived here (at QPR) and I am happy with the trust Harry Redknapp has in me.

"The last few results have given us a chance to stay up. I don't think the owners will bring in so many players if they don't think it will happen.

"It's not 100 per cent (the deal), it's not sorted yet but I hope West Brom will be happy with what they get. And of course they are hoping to get players themselves.

"I just hope things will go well in the next few hours."

http://m.skysports.com/article/football//8459186
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by hurricaneChris: 11:33pm On Jan 31, 2013
It's a pity d bloke is a Nigerian. sad

#AnotherCasestudy

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by mallorca(m): 11:34pm On Jan 31, 2013
Good luck Osas
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by noskeybaba: 11:35pm On Jan 31, 2013
Done Deal.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by livethinme: 11:35pm On Jan 31, 2013
disgraceful.

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by alexy147(m): 11:35pm On Jan 31, 2013
No doubt that it will be a good transfer for the player with the class of th QPR coach and the new group of players..goodluck all the same ie if WBA gives him a go ahead to discuss with QPR
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by Scarpon(m): 11:36pm On Jan 31, 2013
osaze or Peter which one
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by AZeD1(m): 11:36pm On Jan 31, 2013
The guy needs to see a doctor

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by Rex123(m): 11:37pm On Jan 31, 2013
faporori24:

FIRST TO COMMENT AGAIN I BEG SOMEBODY PLS GIVE ME A LAND AT LEKKI.... FREE I BEG
oyi *smiles*
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by LagosBoi2(m): 11:37pm On Jan 31, 2013
i comment my reserve.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by livethinme: 11:37pm On Jan 31, 2013
alexy147: No doubt that it will be a good transfer for the player with the class of th QPR coach and the new group of players..goodluck all the same ie if WBA gives him a go ahead to discuss with QPR

Thats the point, they didnt but he went to OPR anyways and was rejected there.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by Gabrielsylar(m): 11:38pm On Jan 31, 2013
livethinme: disgraceful.
West brom didnt release him so what the disgrace?it even shows how valuable he his

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by JideTheBlogger(m): 11:40pm On Jan 31, 2013
anything can still happen
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by Bigballer2cool: 11:41pm On Jan 31, 2013
Now I see the real osas.
How will one leave a club doing well in the lig for a basement club like qpr?
Now I see why he was droped from the national team.

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by justwise(m): 11:44pm On Jan 31, 2013
He is the biggest fool ever!! West Brom will teach him a lesson if the move did not go through as it looks now. What a M0R0n!!
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by livethinme: 11:45pm On Jan 31, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: West brom didnt release him so what the disgrace?it even shows how valuable he his

errrr WB didnt release him/give him permission and despite that he DROVE to OPR to beg them to sign him up, and you see nothing disgraceful about it?

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by Siga: 11:45pm On Jan 31, 2013
Bigballer2cool: Now I see the real osas.
How will one leave a club doing well in the lig for a basement club like qpr?
Now I see why he was droped from the national team.
...Money talks bro...all na business
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by pmc01(m): 11:47pm On Jan 31, 2013
What a silly way to show desperation for the pounds. Thank God he was dissociated from the Super Eagles. Now, he adds to another bad definition of the word, 'NIGERIAN'. Sad indeed!
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by Gabrielsylar(m): 11:49pm On Jan 31, 2013
livethinme:

errrr WB didnt release him/give him permission and despite that he DROVE to OPR to beg them to sign him up, and you see nothing disgraceful about it?
na wa for him ooooo....no wonder d BBC man said westbrom might sanction him
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by simmydebadest(m): 11:50pm On Jan 31, 2013
livethinme:

bleep off cu.nt
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by TableLeg(m): 11:51pm On Jan 31, 2013
Very unprofessional... Odemwingie is a fu...cking goat!
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by abitime(m): 11:52pm On Jan 31, 2013
No doubt Odemwingie is a good player. Albion cannot afford to lose him, that's why there's hiccup in his transfer wink

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by livethinme: 11:52pm On Jan 31, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: na wa for him ooooo....no wonder d BBC man said westbrom might sanction him

Apparently he was rejected because they wanted to show respect to West Brom. Would have been great to see his face o..
I wonder what will happen tomorrow when he has to go back to the dressing room?
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by tchaik(m): 11:53pm On Jan 31, 2013
livethinme: disgraceful.

What's disgraceful there?
Osas didn't go to England to look Uche face, or to pick beans; he went there cos of the money bro

Former England defender Martin Keown on the Peter Odemwingie saga: "It stinks of a poor education - Odemwingie should have behaved better. He's a good player but can be replaced by West Brom. It's clear the move is all about the money for Odemwingie."

I guess Samba went to #QPR cos he wants to win #UCL abi? Eto'o went to Anzhi cos he wants to win #Europa Cup?

Let's cut the whole bullsh1t for once; it is, it has been, and will always be about the Money! (Unless you are Gerard/Casillas)!

@Osas, bross no mind them jare, make as much as you can before ages catches up with you! Qatr and China still dey self! Mtchewwwwwwww

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by simmydebadest(m): 11:53pm On Jan 31, 2013
Table Leg :
Very unprofessional... Odemwingie is a fu...cking goat!
u re still alive because it's illegal 2 commit murder.....

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by vokalguy(m): 11:54pm On Jan 31, 2013
Harry Just said NO DEAL.... shame shame shame
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by livethinme: 11:54pm On Jan 31, 2013
BTW from BBC 5LIVE: Peter aint going nowhere, OPR loaned some random player from Spurs instead
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by simmydebadest(m): 11:56pm On Jan 31, 2013
vokal_guy: Harry Just said NO DEAL.... shame shame shame
I'm beginning 2 c reason y abortion should be legalise in Nigeria

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by livethinme: 11:56pm On Jan 31, 2013
tchaik:

What's disgraceful there?
Osas didn't go to England to look Uche face, or to pick beans; he went there cos of the money bro

Former England defender Martin Keown on the Peter Odemwingie saga: "It stinks of a poor education - Odemwingie should have behaved better. He's a good player but can be replaced by West Brom. It's clear the move is all about the money for Odemwingie."

I guess Samba went to #QPR cos he wants to win #UCL abi? Eto'o went to Anzhi cos he wants to win #Europa Cup?

Let's cut the whole bullsh1t for once; it is, it has been, and will always be about the Money! (Unless you are Gerard/Casillas)!

@Osas, bross no mind them jare, make as much as you can before ages catches up with you! Qatr and China still dey self! Mtchewwwwwwww

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by mbulela: 11:57pm On Jan 31, 2013
pappilo:

Odemwingie had earlier told Sky Sports News: "Of course I love West Brom and I always will. But I'm very optimistic that I will join QPR, it's a new chapter in my life.

"I am optimistic. A few good players have arrived here (at QPR) and I am happy with the trust Harry Redknapp has in me.

"The last few results have given us a chance to stay up. I don't think the owners will bring in so many players if they don't think it will happen.

"It's not 100 per cent (the deal), it's not sorted yet but I hope West Brom will be happy with what they get. And of course they are hoping to get players themselves.

"I just hope things will go well in the next few hours."

http://m.skysports.com/article/football//8459186
the deal will go through cos WBA know that he is not worth the trouble. They just want to squeeze QPR of as much cash as possible.
the boy is already saying 'us'for a club he has not signed for. The lad is a certified nut case.
Any way it is all for the sake of Charlie's mama. if QPR go down(which i think they will), he will have a clause in his contract and just move to another club. besides QPR will be paying him more and with a sign on fee. the only pitied party here are the QPR fans. whichever way, their club is screwed royally.

Dynamo Kiev Vs Chelsea: Europa Cup (0 - 5) On 14th March 2019 / Arsenal Vs Eintracht Frankfurt : Europa League (1 - 2) - Live / English Premier League Fixtures For This Weekend And Beyond