Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,005 members, 7,821,524 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN (3963 Views)

The Act That Gives The President The Power To Lock Down Lagos, Ogun & FCT. / 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com / What The Law stipulates On The Removal Of the CJN by PoliticsNGR.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by rusher14: 9:21am On Jan 28, 2019
naijapips04:

you and your guy there are not very smart. Did you read anywhere in that act where it made an exclusion for anything 'deliberate' ?

How do you even prove 'deliberate'? or you just want to sound not so smart?

I guess you don't know how to quote as well.

I repeat, go to court.
Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:22am On Jan 28, 2019
rusher14:

That's why I've told them to go to court.

They have various ways of frustrating a trial, running technicalities and brazen crookedness.

Let them use it today.

lol With this court you have been mentioning since yesterday I hope you know Impostor Tanko is not in charge of the judiciary?
Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by naijapips02: 9:27am On Jan 28, 2019
nonsobaba:
OP, you need a lesson in english. This section does not in anyway exonerate the corrupt former CJN. Take note of the word 'necessary' that ended that section. It simply means the CJN can still be taken to the CCT though it isn't mandatory since he has confessed to the misconduct. It is then left for the CCT to determine whether the breach is worthy of any punishment whatsoever.

lets try this again. what do you understand by the phrase below: note the SHALL part.

no reference to the Tribunal shall be necessary.
Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by naijapips02: 9:29am On Jan 28, 2019
rusher14:

I guess you don't know how to quote as well.

I repeat, go to court.

hope you are proud of yourself now? continue.
Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by rusher14: 9:29am On Jan 28, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

lol With this court you have been mentioning since yesterday I hope you know Impostor Tanko is not in charge of the judiciary?

If that is your consolation, l can live with it.
Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by rusher14: 9:33am On Jan 28, 2019
naijapips02:

hope you are proud of yourself now? continue.

Yes I am.

For years, I've been watching you fellas turn and manipulate the Law with reckless abandon and glee.

Do your worst on this matter.

Thankfully, Saraki, Jonathan and even Onnoghen had made the rod for the ex CJN's back over the years.

I'm so proud of this moment.

If you feel aggrieved, go to court.
Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by nonsobaba: 9:33am On Jan 28, 2019
naijapips02:

lets try this again. what do you understand by the phrase below: note the SHALL part.

This is exactly what I explained. Try to understand simple english.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by naijapips02: 9:37am On Jan 28, 2019
nonsobaba:
This is exactly what I explained. Try to understand simple english.

"Shall" derives from the Old English "sceal" meaning "must".

Another way to write that phrase is this "Must not be necessary"

Now that I have educated you, say thank you and move on.

1 Like

Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by kahal29: 9:42am On Jan 28, 2019
naijapips02:

Op do you know more than the CCT chairman, justice Danladi who issued the order? Do you think he doesn't know the section you are quoting or do you think he has not read it over and over again? See before he issued that order of suspension he knew that Onnoghen is going down and there is no way he will extricate himself from the allegations.

Besides if Onnoghen forgot to declare maybe one or two of the accounts maybe it wouldn't have been necessary to continue the case but in this instance he forgot to declare five different accounts which contained various huge sums of moneies in local and foreign currencies.

Haba.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by pryme(m): 9:45am On Jan 28, 2019
naijapips04:
Here is the Code of conduct bureau act that absolves the CJN of any wrongdoing....for those using the 'forgot' propaganda to place media verdict on the CJN.

CJN made an admission of non-compliance, hence the CCT has no jurisdiction to even try him.

You see why they rushed everything including the yeye suspension?

This is why I respect medical doctors than lawyers, so if shoot someone now, I will write a letter of admission that "I forgot that bullet use to kill people" hence I should not be taken to court.
And this stupid discrepancy is captured in the constitution, why won't Evans take the police to court?
Why won't Buhari act like a dictator?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by abes(m): 9:46am On Jan 28, 2019
naijapips04:
Here is the Code of conduct bureau act that absolves the CJN of any wrongdoing....for those using the 'forgot' propaganda to place media verdict on the CJN.

CJN made an admission of non-compliance, hence the CCT has no jurisdiction to even try him.

What does section 6 and 7 say?

6. Restrictions on specified officers  
Without prejudice to the generality of section 5 of this Act, a public officer shall not‐  
(a) receive or be paid the emoluments of any public office at the same time as he receives or is paid the
emoluments of any other public office; or  
(b) except where he is not employed on full‐time basis, engage or participate in the management or
running of any private business, profession or trade; but nothing in this paragraph shall prevent a public
officer from engaging in farming or participating in the management or running of any farm.  

7. Prohibition of foreign accounts  
Any public officer specified in the Second Schedule to this Act or any other persons as the President
may, from time to time, by order prescribe, shall not maintain or operate a bank account in any country
outside Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by naijapips02: 9:47am On Jan 28, 2019
kahal29:

Op do you know more than the CCT chairman, justice Danladi who issued the order? Do you think he doesn't know the section you are quoting or do you think he has not read it over and over again? See before he issued that order of suspension he knew that Onnoghen is going down and there is no way he will extricate himself from the allegations.

Besides if Onnoghen forgot to declare maybe one or two of the accounts maybe it wouldn't have been necessary to continue the case but in this instance he forgot to declare five different accounts which contained various huge sums of moneies in local and foreign currencies.

Haba.....

what are you typing? is your brain paining you?

The law is in black and white for all to see. Wetin concern me with the vindictive mallam.
Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by naijapips02: 9:49am On Jan 28, 2019
pryme:

This is why I respect medical doctors than lawyers, so if shoot someone now, I will write a letter of admission that "I forgot that bullet use to kill people" hence I should not be taken to court.
And this stupid discrepancy is captured in the constitution, why won't Evans take the police to court?
Why won't Buhari act like a dictator?

your sentiments means nothing in a court of law.

If you set fire to an armed robber you caught red handed stealing from you, You will spend the rest of your life i jaii...or worse, be killed to.

Sentiments can never be admitted in a court of law.
Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by naijapips02: 9:50am On Jan 28, 2019
abes:

What does section 6 and 7 says?

are you okay? what does this have to do with anything?
Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by naijapips02: 9:51am On Jan 28, 2019
lalasticalala why is this not on the frontpage yet?
Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by abes(m): 9:51am On Jan 28, 2019
naijapips02:

what are you typing? is your brain paining you?

The law is in black and white for all to see. Wetin concern me with the vindictive mallam.

6. Restrictions on specified officers  
Without prejudice to the generality of section 5 of this Act, a public officer shall not‐  
(a) receive or be paid the emoluments of any public office at the same time as he receives or is paid the
emoluments of any other public office; or  
(b) except where he is not employed on full‐time basis, engage or participate in the management or
running of any private business, profession or trade; but nothing in this paragraph shall prevent a public
officer from engaging in farming or participating in the management or running of any farm.  

7. Prohibition of foreign accounts  
Any public officer specified in the Second Schedule to this Act or any other persons as the President
may, from time to time, by order prescribe, shall not maintain or operate a bank account in any country
outside Nigeria

That's section 6 and 7 of the same CCB Act. Do you have further questions, I can help.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by abes(m): 9:52am On Jan 28, 2019
naijapips02:

are you okay? what does this have to do with anything?

Sorry, tell whoever sent you to come himself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by naijapips02: 9:52am On Jan 28, 2019
abes:

That's section 6 and 7 of the same CCB Act. Do you have further questions, I can help.

are these the new charges at the CCT now? So it's not longer non declaration of assets.

grin grin grin these dudes are funny I swear.
Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by naijapips02: 9:53am On Jan 28, 2019
abes:

Sorry, tell whoever sent you to come himself.

I will ask you one last time, let me know if you are even worthy of a mention .

What is the CJN being charged with?
Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by abes(m): 9:54am On Jan 28, 2019
naijapips02:

are these the new charges at the CCT now? So it's not longer non declaration of assets.

grin grin grin these dudes are funny I swear.

You're opening your teeth?

This hit you hard... I understand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by pryme(m): 9:55am On Jan 28, 2019
naijapips02:

your sentiments means nothing in a court of law.

If you set fire to an armed robber you caught red handed stealing from you, You will spend the rest of your life i jaii...or worse, be killed to.

Sentiments can never be admitted in a court of law.
Exactly,
The more reason you should pack up and go home, Buhari acted on recommendations of the CCT, for the fact that your are blind to see that only reveals the sentiments you accused me of.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by wirinet(m): 9:55am On Jan 28, 2019
naijapips04:

Then what is the purpose of the CCT, if all an erring officer has to do to avoid being prosecuted is to admit to the violations?
It is like saying, confess your sins and be forgiven.

You are insinuating that the CCT is just a toothless bulldog.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by naijapips02: 9:55am On Jan 28, 2019
abes:

You're opening your teeth?

This hit you hard... I understand.

what are the charges, Mr Z. answer or shut it.
Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by naijapips02: 9:57am On Jan 28, 2019
pryme:

Exactly,
The more reason you should pack up and go home, Buhari acted on recommendations of the CCT, for the fact that your are blind to see that only reveals the sentiments you accused me of.

the CCT had no business making any recommended because no trial was warranted....There is no case case.

The mere fact that you can't see this that's staring at you in black and white, shows how much of a buhari worshipper/zombie that you are.
Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by nonsobaba: 9:59am On Jan 28, 2019
naijapips02:

grin Now I know whatever education you got in school is quack at best. Let me break it down for you, since it may not be your fault that you didn't acquire standard education. 'Shall not be necessary' in that section as it relates to the matter in contention means IT IS NOT COMPULSORY/MANDATORY/A MUST etc for the CJN to be taken to the CCT if HE ADMITS HE COMMITTED A BREACH OR BREACHES to the CCB act. In order words, IT WOULD BE COMPULSORY/MANDATORY/A MUST etc to drag the CJN before the CCT if he DID NOT admit to commiting those breaches. Those who enacted that act used those wordings to give the prosecutors of the CJN a legally-backing excuse not to drag the CJN before the CCT if they so wish, in the event that the CJN coperates with them by admitting his guilt.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by abes(m): 9:59am On Jan 28, 2019
naijapips02:

what are the charges, Mr Z. answer or shut it.

Stop crying, you're making my phone screen salty.

Find out about the 6 count charges filed against him, that's all the help i have for you this morning.

Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by naijapips02: 10:00am On Jan 28, 2019
wirinet:

Then what is the purpose of the CCT, if all an erring officer has to do to avoid being prosecuted is to admit to the violations?
It is like saying, confess your sins and be forgiven.

You are insinuating that the CCT is just a toothless bulldog.

I am not saying anything. Read the act.
Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by rusher14: 10:01am On Jan 28, 2019
Stop the bullshit and go to court.
Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by DerrickzB: 10:03am On Jan 28, 2019
Mynd44:
The problem is not that he forgot to add the account. It is the cash flow.

If he hasn't touched his salary account in years, how has he been feeding and the likes? That is why people hide certain accounts.

Also the movement of money in and out are suspect and that is why he is in front of the tribunal

Hehehe.. i believe until d law convicts a person, the person is not yet guilty.. no court of law has found him guilty of anything relating to money laundering abd the process of law isn't followed.. we can obviously see that is politically motivated..

1 Like

Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by naijapips02: 10:08am On Jan 28, 2019
nonsobaba:
grin Now I know whatever education you got in school is quack at best. Let me break it down for you, since it may not be your fault that you didn't acquire standard education. 'Shall not be necessary' in that section as it relates to the matter in contention means IT IS NOT COMPULSORY/MANDATORY/A MUST etc for the CJN to be taken to the CCT if HE ADMITS HE COMMITTED A BREACH OR BREACHES to the CCB act. In order words, IT WOULD BE COMPULSORY/MANDATORY/A MUST etc to drag the CJN before the CCT if he DID NOT admit to commiting those breaches. Those who enacted that act used those wordings to give the prosecutors of the CJN a legally-backing excuse not to drag the CJN before the CCT if they so wish, in the event that the CJN coperates with them by admitting his guilt.

now I know how dimwitted you are. "SHALL" used there was for dunces like you.

Another way of writing that statement is this "it is not required"

seriously what do you gain from this?
Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by nonsobaba: 10:11am On Jan 28, 2019
naijapips02:

now I know how dimwitted you are. "SHALL" used there was for dunces like you.

Another way of writing that statement is this "it is not required"

seriously what do you gain from this?
I can't help you anymore. Your problem is beyond redemption.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CCT Section 3 Act That Exonerates The CJN by pryme(m): 10:13am On Jan 28, 2019
naijapips02:

the CCT had no business making any recommended because no trial was warranted....There is no case case.

The mere fact that you can't see this that's staring at you in black and white, shows how much of a buhari worshipper/zombie that you are.

Hello?
The CJN is Public servant, CCT IS A COURT FORMED FROM THE CONSTITUTION.

if you have forgotten there was a case for hearing against the CJN at the CCT which he failed to appear, only his army of SANs were present, that case was adjourned, so how come the case was adjourned if it was no case?

Since you are so smart pls can you educate me on the functions of the CCT? or is it that the CCT has the power to summon the president but does not have the power to summon the CJN?

Look there are a lot of holes in this your sick profession called law, and there are a lot of holes on this your playing ground called the Constitution.
The same twist and turn the you are trying to employ, is the same twist and turn the presidency is employing. And you won't stand a chance against the president with all the resources at his disposal. Park up and go back to the drawing board, you have lost this particular battle.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

After Atikulating,i Lost My Polling Unit To The Cabal / 8th NASS Should Pass Regulations On Tobacco Control Act – NTCA / Tinubu Killed Amotekun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.