Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,089 members, 7,821,765 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos (43991 Views)

Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. / Building Plan Approval Process And Cost In Lagos State. / Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by Babs612000(m): 3:13am On Jan 13, 2017
noblelizzy:
Thanks @Babs612000. Very helpful!
But do I have to pay a seperate fee for Govt. assessment or this already included in the survey plan payment?
And do you or anyone have an idea of what the stamp duty fee is? I was told is 10% of the land purchase price, is this true? Please does anyone has any idea on this stamp duty fee on building plan in Sango Ota Ogun State?

You are mixing then together.
Survey plan payment is different from building plans approval.
As have told you if you have the time you can do the building plans approval by yourself which l think should not be more than N220k.
survey plan should be between N100k -150k depends on the surveyor .
It cost me N100k for survey plan and About N300k for building plans approval (FOR 4 BEDROOMS BUNGALOW) .
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by Babs612000(m): 3:47am On Jan 13, 2017
noblelizzy:
@Babs612000, I just got your 300k now after reading your comment again...thats for the building plan approval.

Yes just for the building plans approval all fees are included stamp,assessment.
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by noblelizzy: 12:15pm On Jan 13, 2017
Babs612000:

Yes just for the building plans approval all fees are included stamp,assessment.
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by noblelizzy: 12:30pm On Jan 13, 2017
Hmm thanks so much! I was giving separate fees and estimate for both stamp duty and assessment. We(my husband and I) are far away from Nigeria and we want to be very careful not to spend triple cost on any thing and no way for us to confirm since we not there. I just joined this forum 2 days ago and its been very helpful!

We are planning to build 4 bedroom bungalow too (but all rooms en suite),.

1. Please it will be more helpful for me if you can please tell me just the total cost you spent on yours just for us to have a rough idea of what it will cost us. Please you can send the reply to my email-noblelizzy1@yahoo.com or is ok if you can give me d total cost here too.
2. Is it possible you give me the phone number and the name of the surveyor that did yours? My brother lives in Sango Otta and I will ask him to connect with the surveyor
3. Did the surveyor give you a "Red Copy"? This makes the registration of the land authentic with the Govt as we learnt.

Thanks so much, you are saving us a lot of money from the information you gave me.
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by Geomartinsurvey(m): 12:35am On Jan 14, 2017
For genuine survey plan and other land documentation
Contact GEOMARTINS & ASSOCIATE
(We are team of Registered Surveyors and Builders)
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by Babs612000(m): 6:08am On Jan 14, 2017
noblelizzy:
Hmm thanks so much! I was giving separate fees and estimate for both stamp duty and assessment. We(my husband and I) are far away from Nigeria and we want to be very careful not to spend triple cost on any thing and no way for us to confirm since we not there. I just joined this forum 2 days ago and its been very helpful!

We are planning to build 4 bedroom bungalow too (but all rooms en suite),.

1. Please it will be more helpful for me if you can please tell me just the total cost you spent on yours just for us to have a rough idea of what it will cost us. Please you can send the reply to my email-noblelizzy1@yahoo.com or is ok if you can give me d total cost here too.
2. Is it possible you give me the phone number and the name of the surveyor that did yours? My brother lives in Sango Otta and I will ask him to connect with the surveyor
3. Did the surveyor give you a "Red Copy"? This makes the registration of the land authentic with the Govt as we learnt.

Thanks so much, you are saving us a lot of money from the information you gave me.

Have just answered you on my trend on the total cost have spent so far.

I am also far away from Nigeria l am base in UK and do go home once or twice in a year.
Yes l can give you his number will send that to your mailbox later in d day.NOTE he only works in Ogun state only.
Definitely I have the Red copy that is the survey plan with you need for building plans approval and for C of O.

You are most welcome.

1 Like

Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by noblelizzy: 12:31pm On Jan 14, 2017
Babs612000:

Have just answered you on my trend on the total cost have spent so far.

I am also far away from Nigeria l am base in UK and do go home once or twice in a year.
Yes l can give you his number will send that to your mailbox later in d day.NOTE he only works in Ogun state only.
Definitely I have the Red copy that is the survey plan with you need for building plans approval and for C of O.

You are most welcome.
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by noblelizzy: 12:39pm On Jan 14, 2017
Yes I have seen your reply on the cost so far.
I will check my email later then. Hopefully, we will get to know you more.

Thanks for the helpful information, highly appreciated.
Remain blessed

1 Like

Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by Aventures(m): 3:50pm On Jan 14, 2017
5p1naz:

hehe im an architect, and i'd like to explain a bit of that part to you. . . it's cheaper because, the [size=14pt]architect does all the thinking[/size]. . . i mean all the thinking. . . the architect not only draws, he designs. [size=14pt]draw and design are two different things[/size]. . . so the architect does all the thinking about how to make your building [size=14pt]safe, functional and aesthetically pleasing[/size], so that you money pays off at the end of the day. . . the stuctural engineer only comes in around the safety corner, even though the architect had worked a bit of that part already. grin grin grin

@poster, good work here. . .
Dear Architect, agreed that the architect is the first contact of the client and then the architect do the thinking (designing) and then the drafting, does that mean that the structural engineer has no thinking to be done? what about the rigorous calculations(analysis) to be done to the determine the structural member sizes, material strength, reinforcement details etc, are all these not called design? there after the structural engineer will also do drafting (drawing) and seal the same with COREN Seal. So what is the major difference BTW the two professionals job. It is so surprising that some professionals are so full of ego that they don't consider other allied professional efforts in a team work, ( I consider such people as an opportunist technician who does not know what professionalism is all about).

I wish lawyer had made his research from individual professional rather than asking one self-centered individual. Imagine Architect will design and produce five set of sealed drawings, structural will do same, mechanical engineer will do same, electrical will do same with these re charges respectively 150k, 35k, 25k, 25k. So funny and ridiculous.
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by Aventures(m): 4:04pm On Jan 14, 2017
Aventures:
very informative post from lawyer. I really appreciate that lawyer mention that he is not too certain abt the professional charges that you can haggle it out. the type of bldg used for the case study is not mentioned, if the bldg is bungalow then structural drwg is not needed except in a swampy area that may involve raft fdn and some  other structural element. Also it should be noted that from a storey building and above approval requires complete five set of structural detailing and calculation sheets duly signed by a COREN registered engineer. and the truth is that for a storey building duplex and others 35k is no where a good compensation for all the effort involve in the structural wrk, printing of six set of 10 pages of A3 detailing cost close to abt 15k will 20 k suffice for engr that will design and detailed or commissioned CAD technician to detail not to talk of the engineer that will stamp and put his practicing license on line, Aba, 35k is just not worth it. It is also worth noting that all this charges are not professional charges, there is a government regulated standard scale of fees for all sort of professional in building industry, so all this charges are based on individual prerogative and bargaining power.
Well i also noted that somebody said it is only architect that designs well sorry sir it seems you dont know the definition of design. the word designing is not specific to architect only Mech, elect, civil structural, water, environmental engrs all of them designs in their various field. Moreover structural engr is responsible for the safety of the structure and hw does he do that, he goes thru a rigours calculation to determined the type, size, spacing and arrangement of reinforcement, he gives specification on concrete strength, reinforcement strength, column positioning, fdn depth and so many others all these are the "design" he goes an extra Lenght to put all his result into drawings which is very tasking even more than archi drawing, despite all these architect get a little bit higher paid than structural engineer just because he is the initiator who puts the clients idea into a reality.
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by Fogman(m): 4:35pm On May 06, 2017
Hello house, please I need insight about stamp duty. Got a land and all documents signed. My lawyer advice i do stamp duty and really need to know more about it, cost and process of getting it done. My lawyer charged me N120k which I presume is on the high side. Please I need advice. Thanks.
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by jelilololade: 4:58pm On May 06, 2017
Are you in Benin, Edo State and looking for an a structural and building engineering establishment designed to put an end to your building and constructions related worries and bring into live your dream home with professional designs and layout for your building. then here is where to be;

http://premisesconstruction..com.ng/
Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by eazyway212: 9:36pm On Oct 14, 2017
EAZYTECH SOIL & GEOTECHNICAL SERVICES LIMITED
(soil Testing and investigation, Geotechnics, Borehole drilling, Geophysical Survey Piling, & Design)

EAZYTECH SOIL & GEOTECHNICAL SERVICES. We are the best in Soil Engineering. We cover all areas in Lagos State

Contact us:
Email:ihemeezekiel20@gmail.com
We deliver all soil deliverables
Address :12, Badagry Expressway, Ojo, Lagos State

1 Like

Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by eazyway212: 9:39pm On Oct 14, 2017
Laboratory Soil Testing

Re: Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos by MrRealEstate: 11:19pm On Jul 29, 2023
To get an in-depth reading on all requirements for building approval in Lagos state, click on the link below

https://www.ome.construction/what-are-the-documents-required-for-building-plan-approval-in-lagos-state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos / Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja / Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.