Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,643 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? (1897 Views)

How I Used Sea Salt For Cleansings, Luck & Attraction / Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? / God's Role In Choice Of A Life Partner And Marriage For Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 31, 2019
Anfieldboss:

Not all men are a "specie of variety" as you claim, some of us have been able to discipline ourselves with the help of God of course. When I was with my ex, I was satisfied with her and had no cause to look at another woman when we were together. So I believe marrying my kind of woman would help me stay faithful to my wife, finally it's God's grace.

You are only denying ur human nature and missing the point......

As a Christian my assumption is that u never had sexual immorality with ur ex.....
When u get married after years of sex down the line..U will remember my earlier post....ciao
Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by NPComplete: 2:04pm On Jan 31, 2019
Anfieldboss:

That's my fear, I want to be satisfied with my wife, I don't want to have cause to look at another woman when I'm married.

Unfortunately this is never going to happen. There's no woman attractive enough to keep u from looking or acting upon the desire the look arouses. Only you can stop yourself.

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 31, 2019
NPComplete:

Unfortunately this is never going to happen. There's no woman attractive enough to keep u from looking or acting upon the desire the look arouses. Only you can stop yourself.

That's exactly what I told him
Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by Seun(m): 2:48pm On Feb 01, 2019
NPComplete:
You are absolutely right, but I think it is obviously more difficult to stop yourself from cheating if your spouse is not physically attractive to you; if he/she is not your type.

I believe that sexual attraction is the engine oil of marriage. Without it, you will have too much friction and overheating. If Anfieldboss likes curvy women, he should not sentence himself to a lifetime of never being allowed to touch any curvy woman. It is highly unrealistic. Marriage is never easy, but some marriages are less difficult than others, in my view.

@anfieldboss: Some helpful facts: (a) curves (which are made of fat) do not age well as they tend to lose shape over time. (b) people often gain curves (fat) as they grow older - especially after marriage or pregnancy. pleasantly curvy people could become obese as they grow older and skinny people could become curvy.

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by shadeyinka(m): 7:32pm On Feb 01, 2019
Anfieldboss:

As a Christian, how important is it to be physically attracted to your partner? I have been praying for my life partner for a while now, but the lady my Spirit keeps leading me to, I am not physically attracted to her. She is a good christian with a good character, we are actually good friends but there is no physical attraction from my part.

I want to love my wife completely and it will be difficult for me loving a woman whom I don't really like ( I mean in terms of her appearance).

What should I do?
Just look around you and see women over 50. Do you Judge them by their looks or their worth?

Before marriage, beauty is important!
After marriage, your wife looks more like your "sister"
You care more about her character than her looks.

Beauty fades!

AND

Unless she is deformed, Every Woman is Beautiful!

It's all about packaging!
Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by Godsent12(m): 10:31pm On Feb 01, 2019
Seun:
You are absolutely right, but I think it is obviously more difficult to stop yourself from cheating if your spouse is not physically attractive to you; if she is not your type.

I believe that sexual attraction is the engine oil of marriage. Without it, you will have too much friction and overheating. If Anfieldboss likes curvy women, he should not sentence himself to a lifetime of never being allowed to touch any curvy woman. It is highly unrealistic. Marriage is never easy, but some marriages are less difficult than others, in my view.

@anfieldboss: Some helpful facts: (a) curves (which are made of fat) do not age well as they tend to lose shape over time. (b) people often gain curves (fat) as they grow older - especially after marriage or pregnancy. pleasantly curvy people could become obese as they grow older and skinny people could become curvy.
oga seun,nice though.
Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by 3RNEST(m): 12:17am On Feb 03, 2019
Seun:
You are absolutely right, but I think it is obviously more difficult to stop yourself from cheating if your spouse is not physically attractive to you; if he/she is not your type.

Nice one boss, are u married sir?
Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 7:35pm On Feb 03, 2019
Seun:

I believe that sexual attraction is the engine oil of marriage. Without it, you will have too much friction and overheating.
If Anfieldboss likes curvy women, he should not sentence himself to a lifetime of never being allowed to touch any curvy woman.It is highly unrealistic. Marriage is never easy, but some marriages are less difficult than others, in my view.

@anfieldboss: [b]Some helpful facts: (a) curves (which are made of fat) do not age well as they tend to lose shape over time.
(b) people often gain curves (fat) as they grow older - especially after marriage or pregnancy. pleasantly curvy people could become obese as they grow older and skinny people could become curvy
misunderstood i think smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Catholic Bible Exceeded Other Bibles With Seven Books? / God Will Expose Your Hidden Enemies Today. / 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.