Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely (28890 Views)

Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial / Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by motherfucker: 1:06pm On Jan 28, 2019
handie:
Okay..... Till they quash it na. And even if they do, Baba will resign ASAP
yes, he will resign after election. simple.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by themanderon: 1:06pm On Jan 28, 2019
Useless Banana republic full of idiotic simpletons. Just look at how they are making a mockery of themselves before the international community while their dunderhead followers keep cheering them on. What a pity.
We can never make progress in this world. The events of the last few days has shown that we have learnt absolutely nothing for over twenty years of practicing this useless form of democracy only practiced in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by AdonaiAluminium: 1:08pm On Jan 28, 2019
One would have thought that after suspending him, his trial would commence immediately, why adjourn it or their aim was just to get him out of the way?

Contact us for your Polyurethane and polysterene insulated roofing sheets and panels and all roofing jobs
Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by CHRISDMANAGER(m): 1:08pm On Jan 28, 2019
All of them na same democrazy..
Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by seunmsg(m): 1:15pm On Jan 28, 2019
maestroferdi:
Oshogbo penal code or Agbomagbe statute of confusion, abi?

Where is the precedence of the nonsense you are writing?

APC supporters, wearing ignorance like a badge of honour...

Instead of wailing online uncontrollably, go and use ipob constitution to return Onnoghen to office now.
Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by chiangwar: 1:15pm On Jan 28, 2019
Can you state of what he thief from you ? that money was the money that has pass through his account for the pass 14 years .

Mouth Gig:
DIS CORRUPT OLD SUSPENDED CJN NA HISTORY.. grin grin

HE IS A THIEF AND PROTECT THIEVES

SAI BABA BUHARI, GOD BLESS PMB

1 Like

Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by chloride6: 1:15pm On Jan 28, 2019
Staro:
[b]The so-called corruption charges were fake, a smokescreen.
Forget Buhari's denials and lies.

The plot was to sack Onnonghen, rig 2019 using INEC and Security then manipulate
their own corrupted judiciary to get favourable rulings

[/b]

Even the ex-CJN didnt deny, you are hear saying nonsense...

1 Like

Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by GoodGovernance: 1:16pm On Jan 28, 2019
Clevite:
The Tribunal Chairman seems to hold that the Stay of Proceedings Order by the Court of Appeals is not in order but that he only obeyed out of respect for the Court. It's deductable from his statement that he felt he was not under obligation to obey the order.

Yes.

Even Falana, SAN, agreed that the court of Appeal has no right to usurp the proceedings of CCT.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by maestroferdi: 1:19pm On Jan 28, 2019
seunmsg:

Instead of wailing online uncontrollably, go and use ipob constitution to return Onnoghen to office now.
At least, I am not a coward hiding under Buhari's tyranny to fight wars I cower to fight...

1 Like

Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by Mujaheeeden: 1:21pm On Jan 28, 2019
modath:
Why this BDC man not use hin hand resign nah?

Why did he allow PDP ruin him? embarassed
Madam you are the one pricing and begging me to buy your coins, you are now forming here. I will soon open up about you

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by Tobby1983: 1:21pm On Jan 28, 2019
Technically, The presidency is in trouble.
The president said he relies on an order given by cct. The cct is saying here that it is submitting to COA. Meaning cct's orders must also submit to COA orders.
Whatever COA says now overrides cct, which by extension overrides Buhari's action.
Let's wait and see what the COA will say.
Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by biGwal(m): 1:22pm On Jan 28, 2019
Formal CJN Onnoghen ur own don finish ooooo.....
Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 28, 2019
sogodihno:

lolz, higher court ko, Lower court ni, what am very sure of, they no born anybody well for this Nigeria to reverse this order of the president, I repeat then no born am. Thank God Buhari doesn't read and he doesn't listen.

Pa chukwudi, u go dey alright

What is the difference between you and a motorpark tout with this useless comment?

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by seunmsg(m): 1:23pm On Jan 28, 2019
maestroferdi:
At least, I am not a coward hiding under Buhari's tyranny to fight wars I cower to fight...

Whatever strategy one employs, the end result is what matters.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 28, 2019
frankmoney:
So what does it mean ? The cjn remains suspended ?
Mission accomplished grin grin grin
Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by omogidi234(m): 1:27pm On Jan 28, 2019
DMerciful:
Now the CCT is obeying the order of the Appeal court when the damage it was contracted to do has been done! I know it will be reversed and Danladi Umar already committed career suicide. Tanko is also going!

The three are going. Onnoghen for money he can never explain how he came about it, Tanko for accepting CJN without NJC recommendations ( incidentally he had sat on panel that sacked Judges for similar issues) and Danladi for issuing an illegal and ultra vires Ex Parte.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by jmaine: 1:29pm On Jan 28, 2019
Mujaheeeden:
Madam you are the one pricing and begging me to buy your coins, you are now forming here. I will soon open up about you

Modath is into her legitimate e-currency business, she shouldn't be hounded on that cos of her political views...

Na dem APC dolts dey take things deep... wink

Thanks Baba...
Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by maestroferdi: 1:31pm On Jan 28, 2019
seunmsg:

Whatever strategy one employs, the end result is what matters.
The treachery and cowardice of a coward invariably catches up with them...

There will be a day of reckoning, for sure...

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by OlujobaSamuel: 1:34pm On Jan 28, 2019
Clevite:
The Tribunal Chairman seems to hold that the Stay of Proceedings Order by the Court of Appeals is not in order but that he only obeyed out of respect for the Court. It's deductable from his statement that he felt he was not under obligation to obey the order.
You are right, however, he chose the preferred order that suits his narrative and that of those that wants the exCJN out.
SC already ruled that CCT is a quasi criminal court, therefore, Administration of Criminal Justice Act is applicable to cases before it, meaning an appeal without a ruling can't stop the trial, you can take up observations in the trial to Appeal Court if you feel you are not getting justice, but the trial need not be stopped.
Considering that Appeal Court ruled, some believe he should have obeyed and stopped trial, others believe he is not bound to according to SC ruling during Saraki's case, they both used technicalities to fight it out.
Btw, NJC can't sanction him, he is under executive arm (SSG Office).
Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by seunmsg(m): 1:37pm On Jan 28, 2019
maestroferdi:
The treachery and cowardice of a coward invariably catches up with them...

There will be a day of reckoning, for sure...

Get the fvck out of here if you have nothing reasonable to wail about again.
Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by Etinosa1234: 1:38pm On Jan 28, 2019
sogodihno:

lolz, higher court ko, Lower court ni, what am very sure of, they no born anybody well for this Nigeria to reverse this order of the president, I repeat then no born am. Thank God Buhari doesn't read and he doesn't listen.

Pa chukwudi, u go dey alright

u don't know anything about separation of power or the rule of law

u are just spilling garbage

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by maestroferdi: 1:38pm On Jan 28, 2019
seunmsg:

Get the fvck out of here if you have nothing reasonable to wail about again.
I have established beyond reasonable doubt that you are a coward and that should be enough for now...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by modath(f): 1:41pm On Jan 28, 2019
Mujaheeeden:

Please open up, BROKElyn. cheesy
Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by dominusgai(m): 1:41pm On Jan 28, 2019
GoodGovernance:

Yes.

Even Falana, SAN, agreed that the court of Appeal has no right to usurp the proceedings of CCT.
What reference did the SAN sight? Because in Nigeria, if there is a clash between a lower parastatal and the federal government, the one of the federal government always supersedes. That is why any federal federal court's decision is higher than that of the CCT. Or have you changed the constitution?
Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by modath(f): 1:43pm On Jan 28, 2019
jmaine:

Mo is into her legitimate e-currency business, she shouldn't be hounded on that cos of her political views...

Na dem APC dolts dey take things deep... wink

Thanks Baba...

You both think go same direction, that's if this isn't one of bloodyk millions of monikers.

Like he has 20k to rub together smiley

1 Like

Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by NorthernAboki: 1:46pm On Jan 28, 2019
I’m ashamed to be aNortherner , I will also stand by the truth, APC and BUBU are disgrace to Democracy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by AroleOduduwa(m): 1:50pm On Jan 28, 2019
I thought that charge and bail lawyer called Falana said the court of appeal doesn’t have any right to halt the case

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by bizzibodi(m): 1:54pm On Jan 28, 2019
Even in COA reverse d experte order will corrupt Onnoghen who refused to declare his assets as required by Law still sit as a CJ?Has he no shame judges shld b above board,not a subject of controversy.
Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by somehow: 1:55pm On Jan 28, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

stop displaying your ignorance.The case is now at the COA which is a higher court and can nullify the useless exparte order that Buhari used to perpetrate his illegality

Why not wait for the so called nullification mr ugwu?
Re: Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely by SalamRushdie: 1:56pm On Jan 28, 2019
drey076:
BUHARI KEEPS SHOWING THEM HOW POLITICS IS DONE

do you even realise the implication of this? or you just like talking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili's Response To Buhari's Order On Ballot Snatching / Court Restrains Ganduje From Implementing New Emirates In Kano / Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.