Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action (29102 Views)

Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed / Breaking: FG Asks CJN Onnoghen To Vacate Office Over Asset Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by GreenArrow2: 2:34pm On Jan 28, 2019
Michaelkings:
Buhari will not leave to see d election,mark dis word

Mark which useless words? The thing is, president or not, if he begins to purge today a team of doctors at his beck and call would swing into action to make sure he's fixed. You on the other hand as an ordinary Nigerian social media town crier, have 1000 ways to die every single day. Make una no go hustle.

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by adeade83: 2:35pm On Jan 28, 2019
Lekingson888:
Onnoghen: NANS protests against Buhari's action

The National Association of Nigeria Students (NANS) on Monday protested the suspension of Justice Walter Onnoghen as Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), urging the Federal government to reverse the suspension.

The Union group also described the suspension of Onnoghen as illegal and unconstitutional.

Speaking at the protest, the National Public Relations Officer of NANS, Comrade Adeyemi Azeez, accused the Buhari-led administration of embarking on judicial coup through the suspension of Onnoghen without following the constitution procedure.

Adeyemi argued that no matter how gravious the allegations levelled against the embattled CJN are, the President was not expected to resort to self-help.

According to him, "the leadership of NANS condemn in its entirety the Friday the 25th of January sacking of Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen by President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR is a total affront to rule of law and constitutional democracy in Nigeria.

"Unilaterally and in flagrant violation of the Constitution, he also swore in Tanko Muhammad as the new acting CJN. By this act, the President has precipitated needless confusion in the polity. A shocking action, it will aggravate tension ahead of the general election in February and March. This poses a great treat to our democracy.

"The NANS frowned at the way President Buhari substantiated his action by citing an order from the Code of Conduct Tribunal directing Onnoghen’s suspension, his action is akin to a coup – a judicial coup in this case. In a subtle way, the President has suspended in part an integral part of the Judiciary arm of government by illegally intimidating its highest figure and shamefully deposing him.

"The petition by the Anti-Corruption and Research Based Data Initiative to the Code of Conduct Bureau, accusing Onnoghen of corruption and false declaration of assets has been challenged by the CJN before s competent Court of law and should be allowed to follow due course.The Court of Appeal, Abuja Division, in its ruling, ordered the CCT to stay action, pending the determination of Onnoghen’s application that the CCT had no power to try hm. We wonder why Mr. President hurriedly suspended the CJN citing the CCT order.

"No matter how grave the allegations levelled against the CJN,Mr. President cannot resort to self-help in addressing the matter, much against the position of the 1999 Constitution. In the Third Schedule, Part 1, the constitution expressly states the procedure that should be followed in removing the CJN. The process is initiated by the National Judicial Council.

"According to Third Schedule, Part 1, Section 21 (b), “The NJC shall have power to recommend to the President the removal from office of the judicial officers specified in sub-paragraph (a) of this paragraph, and to exercise disciplinary control over such officers.” The officers listed therein are the CJN, Justices of the Supreme Court, the President and Justices of the Court of Appeal; the Chief Judge and Judges of the Federal High Court.

"The NANS having critically analyzed the circumstances leading to the suspension of the CJN called on President Muhammadu Buhari to reinstate the CJN and allow due process and rule of law to take its due course in the alleged case of corruption against the CJN".

Some of the students were armed with placards with some of the following inscriptions : "Buhari's suspension of CJN is mockery to our constitution", "reinstate CJN for free and fair election", "Buhari, go home you are not fit", among others.
WHO SPONSORED YOU PEOPLE? JUST IMAGINE JOBBLESS YOUTH PROTESTING IN FAVOUR OF CORRUPTION. SHAME ON PEOPLE
Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by mdkanye: 2:41pm On Jan 28, 2019
Na this 10 boys be protest? Now I truly believe PSP is experiencing cash crunch. They can't even afford to sponsor a proper protest
Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:44pm On Jan 28, 2019
the same people who promised buhari 20 million votes.... assu has been on strike de didn't protest now na for this matter...it's a pity one was born in Nigeria...even if I do not support buhari on onnoghen removal nans as a body has lost relevance... more so this is not their fight d judiciary shd save itself they are on trial and d executive is trying to intimidate them...
Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by maisauki: 2:57pm On Jan 28, 2019
Wetin konsan dem
Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 28, 2019
topstone4:

You study in Canada and still act dumb? Then your studying in Canada had been a waste of resources
You are pained because I study abroad.
Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by Semilogosky: 2:59pm On Jan 28, 2019
Bunch od unserious idiots. The don't even know the correct name of their association

This na protest abi na wetin?

These ones are students? You mean these are some students whose future has been looted away by politicians aided by Bureau De Change Onnoghen?

I am indeed a disturbed man by what I'm seeing in my beloved Nigeria.

PMB shall succeed and every sensible Nigerian must support him.

#SenseWillNotKillMe.[/quote]
Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by deji17: 3:02pm On Jan 28, 2019
This idea of having 6 to 10 people carrying banner and using the name of an association with million members "protesting" is fraudulent .
Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by ReachHard: 3:05pm On Jan 28, 2019
undecided

Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by Okoroawusa: 3:19pm On Jan 28, 2019
Wey the NANS?

Wey the protest?
Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by benji263(m): 3:25pm On Jan 28, 2019
Chaii, this is misplaced priority
Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by Gorozo(m): 3:40pm On Jan 28, 2019
it seems Atiku, saraki, secondus and onnoghen have given this Big for nothing NANS president millions to protest against buhari's order...u guys are wasting your time....go home and read ur books for ur upcoming exams.
Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by SouLPoison(m): 3:46pm On Jan 28, 2019
I can't believe this grin grin grin grin grin grin can't wait for ASUU to say students are enjoying the strike
Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by dododawa1: 3:48pm On Jan 28, 2019
Ask them why protesting,their will be answer to all questions e.g their parents is sick,no job available, continue NANS.
Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by Adijerry: 3:52pm On Jan 28, 2019
ASUU are on strike you didn't protest what is your concern with this one
Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by topstone4: 3:52pm On Jan 28, 2019
Accolades2018:
You are pained because I study abroad.

What kind of idiot is this one?!

You study abroad; and so what?!

Have you ever been told that you are suffering from inferiority complex? That's why studying abroad is a big deal to you.

Chai. I never knew pepeople are still as empty as this.
Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by unity004(m): 3:59pm On Jan 28, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]
disturbedman:
grin

These ones are students? You mean these are some students whose future has been looted away by politicians aided by Bureau De Change Onnoghen?

#SenseWillNotKillMe.
angry
disturbedman:
grin

#SenseWillNotKillMe.
sense wil not kill u cus u lack it na ur mumu go kill u
Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 28, 2019
topstone4:

What kind of idiot is this one?!

You study abroad; and so what?!

Have you ever been told that you are suffering from inferiority complex? That's why studying abroad is a big deal to you.

Chai. I never knew pepeople are still as empty as this.
Frustrated idiot. Suffer in Nigeria University. Mugu like you. Advanced idiot. Enjoy the ASUU Strike.
Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by Pat081: 4:29pm On Jan 28, 2019
semyman:
Foolish Fools, ASUU is molesting you there and you are protesting for a confirmed cash and carry judge
abi ooooo they need brain reset
Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by topstone4: 4:45pm On Jan 28, 2019
Accolades2018:
Frustrated idiot. Suffer in Nigeria University. Mugu like you. Advanced idiot. Enjoy the ASUU Strike.

Studying abroad doesn't make a fool wiser; it only makes a fool to display more foolishness arrogantly like an empty barrel.
Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 28, 2019
topstone4:

Studying abroad doesn't make a fool wiser; it only makes a fool to display more foolishness arrogantly like an empty barrel.
Just see your Frustrated life. You are born by mistake.
Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by topstone4: 6:28pm On Jan 28, 2019
Accolades2018:

Lolz. Child, do you know one thing about empty barrels? They make very loud noise!
Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 28, 2019
Are You still having troubles with
Erectile Dysfunction
Weak Erection
Quick Ejaculations? Ruzu Black is the SOLUTION.
Buy Ruzu Black For Men here
Contact us on 08093295617
SHOP HEAR � www.ruzublackformen.com

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by lexy2014: 6:40pm On Jan 28, 2019
Is this 4 real? Are these guys serious at all? Seems our education system isn't raising thinkers with independent minds
Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by Amudeneogu: 9:36pm On Jan 28, 2019
NANS which one are you, A political groups or a students association. Instead of putting pressure to the government and your school authority so that you will start your school and you are here following politicans and wasting your time
Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by yommygift15: 9:42pm On Jan 28, 2019
Michaelkings:
Buhari will not leave to see d election,mark dis word
see God's P.A go and kill him nw, useless idiot
Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by Adiy(f): 10:27pm On Jan 28, 2019
Realist2:
Buhhari is fighting a political jihad, he want to ensure there is Mohammad in all key positions before he leaves office.
[/color][color=#006600] can't we leave religion out of everything
Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by topstone4: 2:14am On Jan 29, 2019
Accolades2018:

Despite your erratic "study abroad" chorus, you still sound dull and dumb. You even lack creativity in your constructions.

Your father should have used condom and this would have saved the world from your erroneous birth.
Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by lezan(m): 2:32am On Jan 29, 2019
The caption on that banner “ why did you rushed to suspend the CJN and left Ganduje” we are finished in this country if our students can’t even construct good English... how did they pass through the walls of university?
And to think of it... members of NANS are usually postgraduate students!
Lobatan
Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by Nobody: 3:00am On Jan 29, 2019
[quote author=topstone4 post=75213157]

Your father should have used condom and this would have saved the world from your erroneous birth. I blame your mother for opening her vagina for your dad. Frustrated Nigerian Student.
Re: Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action by Nobody: 3:00am On Jan 29, 2019
topstone4:

Despite your erratic "study abroad" chorus, you still sound dull and dumb. You even lack creativity in your constructions.

Your father should have used condom and this would have saved the world from your erroneous birth.
Your father should have used condom and this would have saved the world from your erroneous birth. I blame your mother for opening her vagina for your dad. Frustrated Nigerian Student.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buni, Uzodinma, Peter Obi, Other Losers Of Anambra Election / Lukman Gbadegesin: New Alaafin Selected By Oyo Kingmakers - Document, Court / “I Am Your Father” – Wike Tells Dakuku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.