Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,816 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen (2512 Views)

Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson / APC Leadership Crisis: I Have Not Resigned, Says Akpanudoedehe / Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by borntoexcel2000(m): 5:37pm On Jan 28, 2019
The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, who was suspended by President Muhammadu Buhari last Friday, has debunked the rumour gaining traction online on Monday that he has resigned.

Onnoghen, whom President Muhammadu Buhari replaced with the next most senior Justice of the Supreme Court, Justice Tanko Mohammed, as Acting CJN, debunked the rumour in a statement on Monday.

The statement was signed by his media aide, Awassam Bassey, who described the CJN’s rumoured resignation as “fake news circulated by mischief makers.”

“Mischief makers are still circulating this fake news. Once again, no truth in it whatsoever. The Hon CJN, Hon Justice Walter Samuel Nkanu Onnoghen, GCON, has not resigned,” Bassey said.

The rumour came less than 24 hours to the emergency meeting summoned by the National Judicial Council to deliberate on Onnoghen’s suspension and Muhammad’s emergence as the Acting CJN.

The Buhari administration has since Friday, come under scathing and widespread criticism locally and from the international community for being ill-timed, coming in the eve of the imminent general elections.

Source:https://punchng.com/breaking-i-have-not-resigned-says-suspended-cjn-onnoghen/

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by drskyfly007(m): 5:38pm On Jan 28, 2019
Courage is resistance to fear,mastery of fear, not absence of fear. ~ Mark Twain

Executive can't intimidate another arm of government; Judiciary!

First to comment..I dedicate this feat to our incoming president Alhaji Atiku Abubakar who will send that man back to daura on horse!

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by borntoexcel2000(m): 5:40pm On Jan 28, 2019
Cc: Mynd44

This was posted in today's punch.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by Baawaa(m): 5:41pm On Jan 28, 2019
You did not resigned,but you are suspended grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by mbaboy(m): 5:42pm On Jan 28, 2019
You are the true CJN any other one is fake

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by comos: 5:43pm On Jan 28, 2019
It is a breaking news,

it was said by his media aid this evening

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by onez: 5:45pm On Jan 28, 2019
The people are with you CJN. Tyranny will fail

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by FlyoruB: 5:46pm On Jan 28, 2019
Whether he has resigned or not is inconsequential at this point because he is under suspension and therefore can't function as a CJN. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by sweerychick(f): 5:46pm On Jan 28, 2019
Don't worry sire! The whole world is watching the constitutional crisis going on in this country. What's worse is that fighting corruption is now a tool used to oppress the silence! This week is going to be an interesting one.

And all you zombies shouting sai baba!! Well it's only a matter of time

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by vengertime: 5:46pm On Jan 28, 2019
borntoexcel2000:
Cc: Mynd44

This was posted in today's punch.
maybe we go fry egg first

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by SalamRushdie: 5:46pm On Jan 28, 2019
ap
Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by borntoexcel2000(m): 5:47pm On Jan 28, 2019
vengertime:
maybe we go fry egg first

Oya bring frying pan
Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by Larryfest(m): 5:50pm On Jan 28, 2019
He is still the CJN until proving guilty by the court and the NJC will do the needful by removing him and not the President.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by Viergeachar: 5:51pm On Jan 28, 2019
That's right!

Whoever doesn't have a cause worth dying for is not worthy to live!!

Meanwhile, Buharists are a bunch of senseless and pathetic 'lowlives'.
They are worse than Buhari himself!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by DMerciful(m): 5:51pm On Jan 28, 2019
He has committed no crime so why should he resign?

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by lawman88(m): 5:51pm On Jan 28, 2019
that is good. i like this onnoghen; he never allow anyone to preasure him to resign. that usurper Tanko will be disgraced. those justices of SC present in the court today were only there to gather enough evidence to table before NJC. This fight will consume Buhari, mumumad Tanko and onnoghen himself.

there is going to be a TRAGEDY OF VICTORY

and

a TRAGEDY OF DEFEAT.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by deboysben(m): 5:54pm On Jan 28, 2019
Matters arising

Tanko is just an imposter

Following till the end

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by ORIENTATION101: 5:54pm On Jan 28, 2019
The useless BDC chief justice no get iota shame ,enter office now make we see Thief.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by mycar: 5:56pm On Jan 28, 2019
grin
Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by saaron(m): 6:04pm On Jan 28, 2019
Baawaa:
You did not resigned,but you are suspended grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Keep supporting impunity, one day your properties will be thrown out of your house under the rain by a LAWLESS LANDLORD for failing to pay rent at the right second.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by saaron(m): 6:07pm On Jan 28, 2019
Baawaa:
Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by BrokenTV: 6:13pm On Jan 28, 2019
Baawaa:
According to Nigeria Constitution, Onoghen is still the CJN, General Buhari has no right or Power to remove him, Muhammad is an impostor occupying that position. How would it feel if Saraki impeach Buhari without following due process. Eventhough Buhari has committed many impeachable offence.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by Baawaa(m): 6:19pm On Jan 28, 2019
BrokenTV:

According to Nigeria Constitution, Onoghen is still the CJN, General Buhari has no right or Power to remove him, Muhammad is an impostor occupying that position. How would it feel if Saraki impeach Buhari without following due process. Eventhough Buhari has committed many impeachable offence.
Very soon,you guys will forget Onnoghen,because he is a CJ of yesterday

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by IbrahimDamola: 6:22pm On Jan 28, 2019
You remain the CJN sir. Nobody has removed you constitutionally. Not even the lifeless doofus of daura.

Ride on Sir.
Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by BrokenTV: 6:28pm On Jan 28, 2019
Baawaa:

Very soon,you guys will forget Onnoghen,because he is a CJ of yesterday
Constitution of Nigeria recognised him as the CJN of Nigeria, he can only be removed through layed down process as it is in the constitution, any other way is tantamount to coup, we are in democratic era and not in a military regime Oga.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by Baawaa(m): 6:30pm On Jan 28, 2019
BrokenTV:

Constitution of Nigeria recognised him as the CJN of Nigeria, he can only be removed through layed down process as it is in the constitution, any other way is tantamount to coup, we are in democratic era and not in a military regime Oga.
Don't forget the acting CJ has started officiating

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by Guestlander: 6:54pm On Jan 28, 2019
Shameless. Awon ogboju ole.
Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by rastaLivity: 6:55pm On Jan 28, 2019
ofcus we know, may God be with you our able CJN
Re: BREAKING: I Have Not Resigned, Says Suspended CJN Onnoghen by rastaLivity: 6:57pm On Jan 28, 2019
we Christians in every works of life also join in condemning this callous and tyranny act of a Sharia dictator.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edo Based Politician, Tony Kabaka Acquires 2 Lions As Pets (photos) / Federal High Court Dismisses AAC Application For Injunction On Rivers Election. / This Is The Type Of President We Want

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.