Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Lexus RX330, 2005 Model Showing Check Engine Light And Vsc - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lexus RX330, 2005 Model Showing Check Engine Light And Vsc (4053 Views)

Understanding your car's Check Engine light / Understanding your car's Check Engine light / Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lexus RX330, 2005 Model Showing Check Engine Light And Vsc by MotorGuru: 12:21pm On Jan 29, 2019
Royalsuave4real:
Pls sir can I have your contact?

Location?

Lagos
Cc. Gazzuzz, Mayor2013

Abuja
Cc. Kingreign
Re: Lexus RX330, 2005 Model Showing Check Engine Light And Vsc by Royalsuave4real(m): 2:48pm On Jan 29, 2019
Abuja.
MotorGuru:

Location?

Lagos
Cc. Gazzuzz, Mayor2013

Abuja
Cc. Kingreign
Re: Lexus RX330, 2005 Model Showing Check Engine Light And Vsc by obekediamondfuto(m): 3:26pm On Jan 29, 2019
WTF
VSC ain't tracking!
what's happening here sef?
Re: Lexus RX330, 2005 Model Showing Check Engine Light And Vsc by locutas: 5:14pm On Jan 29, 2019
Royalsuave4real:
My Lexus RX330 2005 model car that just arrived Nigeria on August 2018 just started displaying check engine light and VSC sign on my dashboard. When I went to scan I was told it is a catalyst problem which in Nigeria parlance is the indomie. Called a mechanic that removed it to a welder to work on under his supervision. After repairs and installation on the vehicle I'm seeing the check engine sign and VSC. When I took it back for rescanning I was told that even if they work on the indomie the indicators will still come up until I change the sensors. Pls any experience on this particular issue and solution. I'm in Abuja.

Have seen this happen as a result of something as simple as the fuel filler cap not being properly tightened. You really should've tried the more simple fixes before the invasive ones.
Re: Lexus RX330, 2005 Model Showing Check Engine Light And Vsc by kingreign(m): 6:45pm On Jan 29, 2019
Royalsuave4real:
Abuja.

Re: Lexus RX330, 2005 Model Showing Check Engine Light And Vsc by 3kay945(m): 10:36pm On Jan 30, 2019
larrixauto2017:
If you can take it down to our work shop we will get it done in 24hrs sir it is a common problem that occur on lexus after an emission issue but it can be done sir you can call this number for futher information 07083676583 08111543369

Where is your location?
Re: Lexus RX330, 2005 Model Showing Check Engine Light And Vsc by 3kay945(m): 11:04pm On Jan 30, 2019
Royalsuave4real:
My Lexus RX330 2005 model car that just arrived Nigeria on August 2018 just started displaying check engine light and VSC sign on my dashboard. When I went to scan I was told it is a catalyst problem which in Nigeria parlance is the indomie. Called a mechanic that removed it to a welder to work on under his supervision. After repairs and installation on the vehicle I'm seeing the check engine sign and VSC. When I took it back for rescanning I was told that even if they work on the indomie the indicators will still come up until I change the sensors. Pls any experience on this particular issue and solution. I'm in Abuja.

Am interested in how you will solve this. My few months old rx300 too is showing that. Scan from my amateur scanner displayed PO330.
I don't want anyone to tamper with the vehicle yet grin so for now the light remains.
Though sometimes, both the Vsc and check light goes off itself for few hours and return.
And its comes back anytime I cleared it.
Re: Lexus RX330, 2005 Model Showing Check Engine Light And Vsc by Royalsuave4real(m): 4:02pm On Feb 04, 2019
Thanks everyone for your invaluable inputs, I wish to bring to your knowledge that the issue has now been resolved. I no longer see the check engine and VSC lights. What I did is I took it to a mechanic at Apo who was recommended to me by a friend. When I got there after scanning the Catalyst was changed to a new one, meaning the people that collected 20k from me to repair, never did anything. They even worsened it cos my mechanic said if I had continued driving it, it would have damaged my engine. They had welded it but that particular one as I was told can never be fixed but replaced. God bless you all. I love you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Custom Officers Still Extorting Motorist Along Lagos- Ibadan Expressway / Football Stars And Their Cars (Pictures) / Dubai Sheikh Builds World's Largest SUV Out Of Jeep Wrangler And Military Truck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.