Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,327 members, 7,829,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators (23205 Views)

Peter Obi Didn’t Take Pictures With Simon Ekpa - Vanguard / APC, Oyetola Vow To Approach Supreme Court Over Osun Governorship Election / Boko Haram: 6 Nigerians Jailed In UAE Can Approach Supreme Court – Abike Dabiri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by BabaO2: 9:59pm On Jan 28, 2019
Saraki is a gonner.
Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by otokx(m): 10:00pm On Jan 28, 2019
So many wrong turns
Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by Belleful: 10:09pm On Jan 28, 2019
were re all the wailing zombies shouting, let's wait till Monday and see if the country will not burn. Hahaha I'm not seeing any o. the fire which would ve started with saraki whom the hopeless wailing zombies ve pin their hope on quickly notice he wouldn't ve survived the fire, quietly chicken out.
ha fear catch saraki

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by madridsta007(m): 10:26pm On Jan 28, 2019
[s]
Gforce2019:

....and unfortunately, you think you presidential candidate will win.

Start rehearsing bitter reaction after February 16 presidential election
[/s]

Unlike you, I am a democrat.
Whoever wins a democratic elections, I am fine with it.
I hope this is your stand too? undecided
Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by madridsta007(m): 10:27pm On Jan 28, 2019
[s]
Agritech:

You forgot the letter would land on the acting CJN table.
[/s]

You guys don't really know how the Supreme Court operates.

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by Naajjii: 10:31pm On Jan 28, 2019
[quote author=LKO post=75209229][/quote]
Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by EzeNri(m): 10:31pm On Jan 28, 2019
Why are APC jittery nah? Why are the afraid of legal interpretation?
Their intention was to disrupt Senate proceeding and Saraki pass them all.
Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 28, 2019
baliyubla:
E pain them and their Zombies well well.

The letter has been written through the office of the Senate President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Alhaji Dr. Senator Chief Abubakar Bukola Saraki.

If Una say Una no follow discuss am, that one na Una jar of brukutu. grin grin

Even saraki already knows what awaits him cum 9th senate ..... the big players are coming .
i want to see how saraki as minority leader will rule the senate these time grin #relegation
Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by bluecircle470: 10:33pm On Jan 28, 2019
WATCHOVER:

APC are demons. They don't even know what the Constitution says

And both of you(PDP & APC) are idiots.
Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by WATCHOVER(m): 10:35pm On Jan 28, 2019
bluecircle470:

And both of you(PDP & APC) are idiots.
Ameebo am I sure you are still alive? It seems like you're a robot grin
Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by charlycharles(m): 10:36pm On Jan 28, 2019
sarrki:
Pdp are liars

They don’t even know what the constitution says
APC are Demons
They don't even obey what the constitution says
Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by umarsule885(m): 10:39pm On Jan 28, 2019
atiku4President:
It is immaterial if all senators did not agree. Even one senator can approach the court. This is just aboki politics
You obviously don't know or didn't read the topic before spilling trash
Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by WATCHOVER(m): 10:39pm On Jan 28, 2019
charlycharles:

APC are Demons
They don't even obey what the constitution says
Sarrki will regret ever writing such trash by the time Nigerians are through with his master grin
Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by danot1030: 10:41pm On Jan 28, 2019
When Saraki turns senate business to his personal affairs the pdp and its supporters don't see it as breaching the constitution but when the FG suspended Onnogen for corruption they are protesting.

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by NwaliE01: 10:42pm On Jan 28, 2019
coolexy2:
Cancelled the emergency sitting again??
Chaiiiiiii

Yes, i think that's the best way to go hence APC senators have taken side already with the present without recourse to the law.
Then it became imperative for the senate leadership to seek neutral tiers for the interpretation of section 292 of the constitution.

Am sure the meeting would be convene as soon as the Apex court come out with the true interpretation.
Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by charlycharles(m): 10:47pm On Jan 28, 2019
WATCHOVER:

Sarrki will regret ever writing such trash by the time Nigerians are through with his master grin

U mean ZOMBIES. No lettered Nigerian supports a Dullard. So check where u belong. I bet u if only people wit atleast O' level n sound mentally r allowed to vote ur illiterate dullarkpo will not even see 5% according to him.
Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by BrainSanitizer: 10:57pm On Jan 28, 2019
sarrki:
Pdp are liars

I don't think we should look at this issue from the angle of PDP or APC. Posterity will judge all of us if we "partisanly" refuse to hit at the truth. There's so much impunity and disregard for the constitution going on and we need to speak with recourse to our conscience for once. It doesn't strip us of the support we have for our parties(that's the beauty of democracy no doubt). It only elevates us to a level of nationalistic responsibility which can only be found in persons who are nationally conscious. If my father is wrong, I'll be a better child if I told him the truth. It won't cause me to cease being his son neither he my father (if he's committed to the progress of our family, Nigeria). God bless Nigeria.

Senior Advocate of Personality Politics. SAPP
Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by maasoap(m): 11:01pm On Jan 28, 2019
atiku4President:
It is immaterial if all senators did not agree. Even one senator can approach the court. This is just aboki politics

But definitely wouldn't use the senate but personal name
Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by SirBunky85(m): 11:02pm On Jan 28, 2019
Mystick:
Saraki just dribble una. See people talking bout constitution when it favours them. Same people that are just supporting a president for trampling on our law.
is it not same supreme Court headed by d acting cjn dat saraki will still approach? I thought u pple said tanko isn't recognized by the nass?

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by citruslimited(m): 11:02pm On Jan 28, 2019
[quote author=phyllosilicate post=75208348]Senators of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Monday said there was no time that the Senate met and took the decision to approach the Supreme Court for an interpretation of the suspension of the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) Walter Onnoghen.

A statement from Yusuph Olaniyonu, the Special Adviser to the Senate President Bukola Saraki on Media and Publicity, ‎had said the Senate had approached the apex court for an interpretation on whether President Muhammadu Buhari usurped the powers of the Senate or not in suspending Justice Onnoghen

But APC senators, through Senate Leader ‎Ahmad Lawan (APC, Yobe), said no such decision was taken by the Senate as an institution, and that the APC senators dissociated themselves from the action.

“It has come to the notice of the Senate APC Caucus that the Senate has approached the Supreme Court for the interpretation of the suspension of Justice Walter Onnoghen by the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.

“For the records, the Senate never met to take any such ‎resolution, and at no time mandated anyone to approach the Court on this matter on its behalf.

“Consequently, the Senate APC Caucus dissociates itself from the said request for the legal interpretation of the suspension,” Lawan said.‎

The statement by Saraki’s spokesman said the Senate cancelled its planned emergency resumption for Tuesday to deliberate on the suspension since the Senate has already approached the apex court

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/just-in-onnoghen-senate-didnt-take-decision-to-approach-supreme-court%e2%80%8e-apc-senators.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBxRud0avSE
Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by harwokunle1236(m): 11:46pm On Jan 28, 2019
Saraki nah sharp guy,If dey recovene nothing tangible go come out,let supreme Court settle it,Cox dos APC senators are all fools dey we Neva say the truth.
Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by Indispensable85(m): 2:26am On Jan 29, 2019
Staro:
The Senate leadership took the decision
unbehalf of the Senate

So, it's binding on all Senators

I hope you know what constitutes the Senate leadership?
Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by Indispensable85(m): 2:33am On Jan 29, 2019
Nigeria is a very funny country. The same people crying about due process in the case of onnoghen are the same people hailing Saraki for unilaterally taking decision on behalf of the Senate.
Talk of hypocrisy!
Saraki is just a senator, he's not the Senate for crying out loud.
The Senate is an institution and has a procedure for going to court.

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by gare(f): 3:03am On Jan 29, 2019
sarrki:
Pdp are liars

If you know what the constitution says why are you here on Nairaland, you should be there, you think making noises here on Nairaland makes you an expert in the Nigerian constitution, some of the senators are lawyers with chambers and the constitution is their Bible and I see nothing wrong if they approach the Supreme Court for interpretation of the constitution which is the right way to go.
Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by Tycoon007(m): 4:14am On Jan 29, 2019
For free job opportunities update, entertainment gists, news as e dey hot, health benefits and lots more on whatssap kindly reach out 07035077624
Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by selfemployed(m): 5:15am On Jan 29, 2019
TheFreeOne:
grin I said this a while ago in another thread.

Some of us on Nairaland are even more discerning and better than those jokers in NASS who earn millions with their empty skulls devoid of real political calculations.

Buhari started the mess now let's see how far opened his Pandora box goes.

Sarki may become the next president of Nigeria if Supreme Court sacks Buhari for this gross misconduct
Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by singa4real: 6:07am On Jan 29, 2019
This saraki is a political genius, APC senators have plan to disterblized the Senate after the meeting with the president. But The Senate president is ahead of them in the game of politics by renderings their meeting useless.

Saraki you are an authority in Politics. Respect
Re: JUST IN: Senate Didn’t Take Decision To Approach Supreme Court‎ – APC Senators by largeman4u(m): 6:49am On Jan 29, 2019
The judiciary should advise the judge to resign for forgetting to declare his asset. That is the honorable thing to do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eased Lockdown Not Permission For Carelessness, FG Warns / Buhari Sends Letter Of Condolence To Sule Lamido Over His Daughter' Death (READ) / Saraki Visits Olusegun Obasanjo (Pics/Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.