Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,276 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Apple Developers Have Earned $120B Since App Store Creation - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Developers Have Earned $120B Since App Store Creation (579 Views)

Efootball 2022 Mobile Is Now Available On Playstore And Ios App Store / IOS Developers Sue Apple Over App Store Fee (monopoly) / Very Hot: Earned ₦500 Free Airtime On Revanga For Signing Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple Developers Have Earned $120B Since App Store Creation by Techvenge: 4:42am On Jan 29, 2019
[img]https://1.bp..com/-_sxAO4c48Jo/XE-PyApelwI/AAAAAAAAHo0/O5DimCiMHFA9QZfYiCHuTkuxwOKFc70cgCLcBGAs/s400/app-store-1174440__340.jpg[/img]

It has been over 10 years since Apple launched the App store where IOS users visit to get various types of apps for their smartphone. An equivalent of the play store for Android users. The app store is a strong source of revenue for the company and also a source of prosperity for some app developers.

Over the period of 10 years, Apple has paid its developers over $120 billion through revenue earned from the app store. That means the App store has generated far over $120 billion for the company itself. Most notably is the fact that more than a quarter of that total was earned last year as Apple announced a $100 billion generated revenue for developers at the WWDC in June 2018.

According to the announcement from Apple, The app store revenue is growing rapidly and more than $30 billion of the developer revenue was generated last year. Game apps have been the most lucrative category on the store through in-app purchases, paid downloads and subscription.

While Apple report only accounted for the amount paid directly to its developers, there is every possibility developers may earn more revenue through ads and subscription on their website.

Apple made the announcement of about the earning of developers alongside the Entrepreneur Camp in Cupertino, a two-week intense program designed for female apps creator where participants work one-on-one with Apple experts and engineers to significantly accelerate their apps.

Going forward, Apple plans to hold Entrepreneur Camp sessions on a quarterly basis, with up to 20 app companies accepted for each round. As outlined when the program was announced, app-driven businesses need to be female-founded, co-founded, or led, and must have at least one woman on the product development team.

https://www.techvenge.net/2019/01/apples-developers-have-earned-120.html

CC: Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun
Re: Apple Developers Have Earned $120B Since App Store Creation by Jacktheripper: 8:20am On Jan 29, 2019
Make I go learn how to develop app sharply. Me sef fit get my own share of the cake.
Re: Apple Developers Have Earned $120B Since App Store Creation by AndrewS29(m): 1:38pm On Nov 17, 2020
This is great information, thank you for sharing! In fact, this is surprising, because it is the budget of one or more cities. But I understand why app developers get such high salaries. They create apps that make our life and work easier and more interesting. If you know free information and video tutorials on how to become a novice app or game developer, please share with me. If we talk about apps, I would like to advise you to visit https://apksalad.com/en, where you can find free apps and mobile games. By the way, I noticed that the most popular are social media apps, and I'm interested in what apps do you use?
Re: Apple Developers Have Earned $120B Since App Store Creation by samsard(m): 2:14pm On Nov 17, 2020
That is more than a quarter of Nigeria's GDP. Damn!
Re: Apple Developers Have Earned $120B Since App Store Creation by nisayvx(f): 6:51pm On Nov 21, 2020
AndrewS29:
This is great information, thank you for sharing! In fact, this is surprising, because it is the budget of one or more cities. But I understand why app developers get such high salaries. They create apps that make our life and work easier and more interesting. If you know free information and video tutorials on how to become a novice app or game developer, please share with me. If we talk about apps, I would like to advise you to visit https://apksalad.com/en, where you can find free apps and mobile games. By the way, I noticed that the most popular are social media apps, and I'm interested in what apps do you use?

You're right, I use Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube apps most often. By the way, thanks for the info.

(1) (Reply)

I Have Been Getting Calls From Random Numbers Lately. Should I Reply? / Leaked Video Showcases The OPPO Reno Peeked Out Front Camera / Neatly Used Iphone 6S Plus (64gb) For Sale!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.