Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,393 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

The Naija Pidgin Lounge. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Naija Pidgin Lounge. (672 Views)

Some Hilarious Pidgin English Proverbs To Crack You Up / Oyaaa! Waffi Men, Benin Men, Port Harcourt Niggies, Yenagoa Men. Pidgin Contest / Identitying Naija Pidgin Accents And Dialects. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Naija Pidgin Lounge. by Sinistami(m): 2:28pm On Jan 29, 2019
Hello everybody!! It's me again and welcome to the Naija pidgin lounge, a thread where you can ask any question about Naija pidgin, you know it's history, meaning of words and slang you don't know, It's variants and Dialects, it's Native speakers etc, and I or someone else who is Knowledgeable enough will answer. Well first Naija pidgin is a is a Creole and pidgin language based on Victorian English as its Superstate with Nigerian Native languages as its Substrates. It is said to have emerged from the Niger delta in the 16th Century because of the trade between the Nigerdeltans and the White British people, although it seems this isn't the only factors that brought about to pidgin I have my own theory of how it came about. just ask and it shall be given. Anyway this thread is directed to mostly Nigerian people who grew up in the diaspora and foreigners who are in nairaland who finds it interesting and just for pure lovers of pidgin like me.
Re: The Naija Pidgin Lounge. by Kalashnikov102(m): 2:32pm On Jan 29, 2019
Re: The Naija Pidgin Lounge. by Sinistami(m): 3:02pm On Jan 29, 2019
Cc. lalasticlala
Re: The Naija Pidgin Lounge. by viscerion: 11:14pm On Feb 02, 2019
Let's have a vote of d best pidgin in Nigeria, my list is

2.) Warri pidgin(dope slangs, sweet tune, fast)
3.) Port harcourt pidgin(dope slangs, fast)
4. Benin pidgin(sweet tune resembles warri own, fast)
from here am not sure but
5.) Yenagoa pidgin(cool slangs)
6.) Calabar pidgin
7.) Asaba pidgin(an igbo city but being neighbors to warri has changed them)
8.) Lagos/Onitsha pidgin(dem dey try)

I didn't 4get no 1 o
1.) Akwa-Ibom pidgin(is it ur list?)

number last
last.) Ibadan(dem no sabi at all)
Re: The Naija Pidgin Lounge. by Sinistami(m): 5:28pm On Feb 03, 2019
viscerion:
Let's have a vote of d best pidgin in Nigeria, my list is

2.) Warri pidgin(dope slangs, sweet tune, fast)
3.) Port harcourt pidgin(dope slangs, fast)
4. Benin pidgin(sweet tune resembles warri own, fast)
from here am not sure but
5.) Yenagoa pidgin(cool slangs)
6.) Calabar pidgin
7.) Asaba pidgin(an igbo city but being neighbors to warri has changed them)
8.) Lagos/Onitsha pidgin(dem dey try)

I didn't 4get no 1 o
1.) Akwa-Ibom pidgin(is it ur list?)

number last
last.) Ibadan(dem no sabi at all)

For me Na Warri Nai be ma favourite but my native one Na Yenagoa own so e take second, Benin own for make o but dem just get sweet tunes but dem pidgin structure too resemble English too much as for PH dem own dope almost one De like Yenagoa own but e fast pass with plenty slangs. Calarbar own around Ikom dem own too konk as for others I nor know.

Benin: Make we go see Broda together.
Warri: Make me with you/ We two gather go see Brother.
Portharcourt: Make I follo you go see Brother
Yenagoa: Make our two/ Me with you Join go see Brother.

(1) (Reply)

Anyone From Ogoja In Cross Rivers / Which Town In SW Nigeria Has The Best Looking People? / A Conspiracy Of The United States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.