Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Onnoghen: Buhari Broke Into, Desecrated Supreme Court – Bishop Kukah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen: Buhari Broke Into, Desecrated Supreme Court – Bishop Kukah (1351 Views)

Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku / Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari / Onnoghen: Buhari Has Done No Wrong, It's A Settled Matter - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onnoghen: Buhari Broke Into, Desecrated Supreme Court – Bishop Kukah by hisexcellency34: 4:38pm On Jan 29, 2019
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Bishop Matthew Hassan Kukah, the Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, on Tuesday said President Muhammadu Buhari’s government has been acting in gross disobedience to court orders with flagrant disregard to rule of law while launching attacks on the media.

Kukah who made this assertion in a lecture delivered at the 70th Anniversary of the Nigerian Tribune Symposium held at the Sheraton Hotel and Towers, Lagos said by sacking the former Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Walter Onnoghen, President Buhari has broken into and desecrated Nigeria’s Supreme Court.

He said “There have been attacks on the Media and disobedience of the Courts as we can see in the cases of Sambo Dasuki or El Zakzaky whose detentions several Courts have declared illegal. The Government has continued to act in disobedience”.

“Now, they have broken into and desecrated the Supreme Court to install their own Chief Justice. Who will be next? That is the central question we must face before darkness envelopes us. The Rev. Martin Luther King said that a man cannot climb your back unless you bend it”.

“So, as the elections approach, do yourself one favour. You have listened to all the promises that have been made, the ones kept, hurriedly or strategically. Do not get carried away. On Election Day, before heading for the polls, take a look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself: Am I looking better than I was last year? Do I look healthier? Do I feel more secure?”

“What do I want for my family? Which candidate or Party offers the best opportunity for me to improve my conditions and become a better person, a better and proud citizen? These are the questions. Listen then to Prophet Isaiah who said: Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls (Jer. 6:16)” he said.
https://www.independent.ng/onnoghen-buhari-broke-into-desecrated-supreme-court-bishop-kukah/

4 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Broke Into, Desecrated Supreme Court – Bishop Kukah by SalamRushdie: 4:40pm On Jan 29, 2019
Osinbanjo will definitely be next if Buhari is reelected
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Broke Into, Desecrated Supreme Court – Bishop Kukah by Built2last: 4:43pm On Jan 29, 2019
My amazement is that the North is quiet except men like Kukah.

Let it be that a southern president did this, that midget that crawls like ant will be tweeting now.

I blame southern idiots

Buhari's Re-election Campaign;

<1>Chairman- Tinubu (South).
<2>DG - Amaechi (South).
<3>Spokesperson - Keyamo (South).
<4>Party chairman - Oshiomhole (South).
<4>Chairman advisory committee - Osinbajo (South).
(BUNCH OF HAUSA/FULANI SLAVES).

Buhari's Government After Election:
SGF - (North)
Chief of Staff - (North)
All service chiefs - (North)
97% Lucrative MDA's led by (North)

They are laughing at Southerners!

THE CABALS: Mamman Daura, Abba Kyari, Isa Funtua and their toy boy: Buhari are resting in their houses waiting for next term. They have ordered their SERVANTS to the street.

Servant 1: Tinubu will go and beg people to vote for the cabals.

Servant 2: VP Osinbajo will share money in the market square.

Servant 3: Keyamo will be the Twitter barking dog: digesting all the insults directed to the cabal.

Servant 4: Oshiomhole will face Amosun and Okorocha. The battle - just like charity - begins at home.

Servant 4: Nnamani will focus on the 5%

Servant 5: Akpabio will tell people from the South that PDP stole from Nigeria for 16years. Not considering that he was in PDP from the beginning of the party till few months ago.

Servant 6: Amaechi will put everything in writing. He knows that the President doesn't read.

SERVANTS from SOUTH, CABALS from NORTH .
Monkey dey work, Baboon dey chop].....NB:->Again,Lemme Re-iterate That,These Are BUNCH OF USEFUL IDIOTS & SHEEPISHLY WILLING SLAVES FROM SOUTHERN NIGERIA.
Pitiful!.Smh!!! -

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Broke Into, Desecrated Supreme Court – Bishop Kukah by ochejoseph(m): 4:45pm On Jan 29, 2019
God Bless you sir

As for all those hiding under neutrality to covertly Support tyranny my prayer is that you taste what you Support very soon

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Broke Into, Desecrated Supreme Court – Bishop Kukah by hisexcellency34: 5:05pm On Jan 29, 2019
next to do what? be removed?
SalamRushdie:

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Broke Into, Desecrated Supreme Court – Bishop Kukah by festacman(m): 5:06pm On Jan 29, 2019
One thing about God is that sometimes He answers our prayer in ways different from our expectations.

For more than twenty years, Catholic Church in Nigeria to which Bishop Kukah belongs designed and prayed "Prayer against bribery and corruption in Nigeria" everyday. Now that it looks like God heard and answered their prayers by the emergence of President Buhari, Bishop Kukah is worried.

The truth is if God so desired, Buhari wouldn't have survived his ailment and be alive today. God rules. It wasn't Kukah's worry that brought Nigeria this far when our mate in profligacy Venezuela is in total breakdown. Once again, God rules!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Broke Into, Desecrated Supreme Court – Bishop Kukah by DonFreshmoney(m): 5:06pm On Jan 29, 2019
Why is Abdulsalami Abubakar quiet about the rape of NIGERIA democracy by buhari? The peace accord is useless, and was a mere epitome of photographic display.
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Broke Into, Desecrated Supreme Court – Bishop Kukah by SalamRushdie: 5:17pm On Jan 29, 2019
hisexcellency34:

ofcourse , I am certified Buharitologist I can predict that devil called Buhari very well
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Broke Into, Desecrated Supreme Court – Bishop Kukah by hucienda: 5:28pm On Jan 29, 2019
"A man can't ride your back unless it's bent” ... liked Rev. Martin Luther King Jr's ring to it in his prophetic last speech in Memphis, TN.
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Broke Into, Desecrated Supreme Court – Bishop Kukah by Saao(m): 5:33pm On Jan 29, 2019
hisexcellency34:
u think buhari can't remove him?
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Broke Into, Desecrated Supreme Court – Bishop Kukah by hisexcellency34: 5:34pm On Jan 29, 2019
Buhari cant remove him. Same way Obasanjo cant remove Atiku as VP
Saao:
u think buhari can't remove him?

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Broke Into, Desecrated Supreme Court – Bishop Kukah by Racoon(m): 5:44pm On Jan 29, 2019
DUE PROCESS IS THE NORMATIVE SOUL OF LAW AND ORDER.The Supreme Court being a regulatory norm of the Society cannot be compromised FOR THOSE THAT WANTS TO SUBVERT due process and the hierarchy of Courts. Let all that have disputes in Court be accorded laid down standard of due process for both the state and the citizens."-J.E.Oshoke, Esq.
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Broke Into, Desecrated Supreme Court – Bishop Kukah by Racoon(m): 5:45pm On Jan 29, 2019
sad
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Broke Into, Desecrated Supreme Court – Bishop Kukah by bender79: 5:50pm On Jan 29, 2019
Bishop Kukah should just campaign for Atiku in the open, we will understand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Broke Into, Desecrated Supreme Court – Bishop Kukah by bender79: 5:51pm On Jan 29, 2019
festacman:
One thing about God is that sometimes He answers our prayer in ways different from our expectations.

For more than twenty years, Catholic Church in Nigeria to which Bishop Kukah belongs designed and prayed "Prayer against bribery and corruption in Nigeria" everyday. Now that it looks like God heard and answered their prayers by the emergence of President Buhari, Bishop Kukah is worried.

The truth is if God so desired, Buhari wouldn't have survived his ailment and be alive today. God rules. It wasn't Kukah's worry that brought Nigeria this far when our mate in profligacy Venezuela is in total breakdown. Once again, God rules!
That is what I'm thinking. How come with all the death wishes on buhari yet he still stands strong. The ways of God is not the ways of man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Broke Into, Desecrated Supreme Court – Bishop Kukah by Saao(m): 5:57pm On Jan 29, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Buhari cant remove him. Same way Obasanjo cant remove Atiku as VP
obosanjo is a democrat and he love Nigeria than his own tribe but buhari does not. So he careless, he can do anything
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Broke Into, Desecrated Supreme Court – Bishop Kukah by rusher14: 6:00pm On Jan 29, 2019
Kukah's PDP card would have a serial number like 003.

He never talks about tangible issues such as; pensioners, or workers deprived of their wages.

He never talks about the non-passing of the country's budget.

He doesn't even care if a corrupt Judge sits astride the highest judicial office.

What matters are the intangibles.

Bishop my foot.
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Broke Into, Desecrated Supreme Court – Bishop Kukah by Kayyy: 6:27pm On Jan 29, 2019
why is Bishop Kukah fooling himself as an elder statesman, a member of the peace pact committee, when will Abdulsalami Abubakar remove this man from this committee and let him finally join PDP BOT which is what suits him?, for over five years this man has openly shown partisanship from campaigning for Jonathan, writing articles why Jonathan should continue and why Buhari should never be voted in 2015, through out the five years of Jonathan this man never saw a single thing to criticize in his leadership or govt, but right from when Buhari took over to into the thick of the recession this man has written and has continued to write many articles disparaging the government.

My grouse with Bishop Kukah is you went to otta to recieve Atiku and endorse him through Obasanjo and Bishop Oyedepo yet you still stand unshaken and without shame when the peace pact committee which serves as neutral umpires, observers, elders of the country, the peacemakers schedule meetings or public hearing, have you seen Abdulsalami Abubakar at any point endorse any candidate since he has been chairing this peace pact committee? when a religious leader doesn't have shame, decurom and is dishonest, little can be said about the judiciary, legislative and executives and this is where we are today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Broke Into, Desecrated Supreme Court – Bishop Kukah by DMerciful(m): 6:33pm On Jan 29, 2019
Bubu will be rejected Feb 16
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Broke Into, Desecrated Supreme Court – Bishop Kukah by rusher14: 6:34pm On Jan 29, 2019
SalamRushdie:

At least some sense of reality is seeping into your cranium.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Broke Into, Desecrated Supreme Court – Bishop Kukah by meccuno: 6:42pm On Jan 29, 2019
rusher14:

At least some sense of reality is seeking into your cranium.
he said ''if''. use your brain na.
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Broke Into, Desecrated Supreme Court – Bishop Kukah by rusher14: 6:46pm On Jan 29, 2019
meccuno:
he said ''if''. use your brain na.

Just as I'm saying "if" you had a brain, you would realise that Buhari's office isn't under threat.

Be guided, I said 'I'd.

angry
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Broke Into, Desecrated Supreme Court – Bishop Kukah by meccuno: 7:09pm On Jan 29, 2019
rusher14:

Just as I'm saying "if" you had a brain, you would realise that Buhari's office isn't under threat.

Be guided, I said 'I'd.

angry
"Osinbanjo will definitely be next if Buhari is reelected " was what he wrote. This was your reply "At least some sense of reality is seeking into your cranium." You and i know that the dude doesnt support Buhari. And your statement was borne out of the fact that he has realized that buhari would be the next president as a result of him being in the opposition. whether his position is under threat or not is not the issue. but "if" you had a brain you would know he is not going to have a smooth ride. and yes his position and office is under threat.

(1) (Reply)

Appeal Court: Before APC Run Into The Market Naked / Atiku Floors Buhari In Obi’s LGA / Rerun: Kano APC Chairman Caught On Camera Telling Thugs Nobody Can Arrest Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.