Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,941 members, 7,835,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar (3906 Views)

Altercation Between Doyin Okupe's Lawyer And Security Operatives (Video) / Abike Dabiri Has Not Called Us - Family Of Man Killed By Her Orderly / You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by AreaNews: 5:09pm On Jan 29, 2019
Video: Tanko is a Sharia Court Judge, He is not a lawyer and he was not called to bar

Coming from NBA Headquaters: Tanko Mohammed is a Sharia Court Judge. He is not a lawyer. He is not called to bar. His name is not in the roll of Supreme court of Nigeria. How can he be a CJN?

Click on the link to watch the video http://areanews.ng/?p=2493

For more breaking news and top stories visit www.areanews.ng

2 Likes

Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by Built2last: 5:10pm On Jan 29, 2019
Okay na. Time to reveal shady Nigerian public officers.

Abubakar Mallami is richer than OBJ and IBB put together in 3 years. Let's finish gathering our facts

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by collinsVP: 5:11pm On Jan 29, 2019
grin grin
Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 29, 2019
Buhari, fulfilling his agenda since 1980s. We made a great mistake Nigerians and we should admit it. We've been taken so backward already under the buhari-led administration. Hope we get out of this asap.This guy was never called to bar. I've read his profile. How could a sharia lawyer be upgraded to the esteemed position of a CJN?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by haffaze777(m): 5:17pm On Jan 29, 2019
wail me some more,justice Onnoghen Walter is gone and gone for good, gone so soon is his second name

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by Racoon(m): 5:17pm On Jan 29, 2019
shocked Hehehe! When you point a finger remember the remain four are pointing against you.Karma!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 29, 2019
haffaze777:
wail me some more,justice Onnoghen Walter is gone and gone for good, gone so soon is his second name
Nobody is against the fight against corruption. If he derseves to be jailed, so be it because nobody is above the law. The process of appointing the acting CJN is the issue here, regardless of where he hails from or his religious affiliation, hope you got that...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by haffaze777(m): 5:22pm On Jan 29, 2019
awelekiti:
Nobody is against the fight against corruption. If he derseves to be jailed, so be it because nobody is above the law. The process of appointing the acting CJN is the issue here, regardless of where he hails from or his religious affiliation, hope you got that...

I also don't care who the CJN is,but that corrupt justice must not come back, shikena

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by 9jatriot(m): 5:22pm On Jan 29, 2019
All these years none of you noticed but now that he is the second most senior you guys have started a campaign of calumny against him.
Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by chosengocap: 5:23pm On Jan 29, 2019
NEW ACTING CJN HAS COMMITTED AN OFFENCE UNDER THE CODE OF CONDUCT ACT
The new Acting CJN has proceeded in error and illegality.Has Acting CJN complied with section 290 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria( as amended) For avoidance, section 290 provides thus:-"290. (1) A person appointed to any judicial office shall not begin to perform the functions of that office until he has declared his assets and liabilities as prescribed under this Constitution and has subsequently taken and subscribed the Oath of Allegiance and the Judicial Oath prescribed in the seventh Schedule to this Constitution."While Tanko has taken oath of office, he has not declared his assets as required by section 290 of the constitution, yet he has performed a function of the office he occupies.Failure to declare his assets and liabilities in accordance with the law is misconduct. At least that is the offence Justice Onoghen is facing before the CCT---

12 Likes

Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 29, 2019
haffaze777:

I also don't care who the CJN is,but that corrupt justice must not come back, shikena
Read my comment again and decipher. If the suspended judge deserves jail, let him be jailed as this would serve as a deterrent to others...the process of appointing the acting one is wrong. I hope the NJC would do the needful asap.

3 Likes

Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by BafanaBafana: 5:44pm On Jan 29, 2019
Lol..
From radio Biafra website I guess.
If you guys keep making stupid noises like this, we will suspend the whole NJC.

3 Likes

Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by DrGoodman: 5:44pm On Jan 29, 2019
awelekiti:
Buhari, fulfilling his agenda since 1980s. We made a great mistake Nigerians and we should admit it. We've been taken so backward already under the buhari-led administration. Hope we get out of this asap.This guy was never called to bar. I've read his profile. How could a sharia lawyer be upgraded to the esteemed position of a CJN?

The SW made a great mistake you mean?

5 Likes

Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by orion7: 5:46pm On Jan 29, 2019
awelekiti:
Read my comment again and decipher. If the suspended judge deserves jail, let him be jailed as this would serve as a deterrent to others...the process of appointing the acting one is wrong. I hope the NJC would do the needful asap.
you 're trying to reason with a zombie? guy get a HUSTLE

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by haffaze777(m): 5:46pm On Jan 29, 2019
awelekiti:
I understand ur comments well,we are on d same page bro.
Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 29, 2019
DrGoodman:

The SW made a great mistake you mean?
Yes cos I'm from the region

6 Likes

Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by otipoju(m): 7:03pm On Jan 29, 2019
OP your news is fake.
Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by helinues: 7:06pm On Jan 29, 2019
Even BDC Walter has already moved on.

Mtcheeeew

Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by godliman: 7:33pm On Jan 29, 2019
awelekiti:
Dont waste your time talking to a buharist their case is hopelessly hopeless

8 Likes

Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 29, 2019
Nigerians at least let's think. we were given brain to think, let's use it responsibly and stop following fake news activist.

Tanko began his career in 1982, after he was Call to the bar in 1981, the same year he graduated from the Nigerian Law School. In 1989, he was appointed as Chief Magistrate of the High Court of Federal Capital Territory, a position he held till 1991 when he became a Judge at the Bauchi State Sharia Court of Appeal. He served in that capacity for two years before he was appointed to the bench of the Nigerian courts of appeal as Justice in 1993. He held this position for thirteen years before he was appointed to the bench of the Supreme Court of Nigeria in 2006 but was sworn in on January 7, 2007.

he is qualified to be the acting CJN

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by SalamRushdie: 9:28pm On Jan 29, 2019
haffaze777:

you really the mean the Christian Justice

1 Like

Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by haffaze777(m): 10:07pm On Jan 29, 2019
SalamRushdie:

you really the mean the Christian Justice

Nothing Christian about Justice Walter Onnoghen, all Christian friends and families don't behave like thief,abi u get another meaning for ur own Christianity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by AreaNews: 1:00am On Jan 30, 2019
otipoju:
OP your news is fake.

Please kindly watch the video. The lawyer said so on the video. How is it fake?

2 Likes

Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by KanwuliaExtra: 1:14am On Jan 30, 2019
If BUHARIGGER cannot read or write, why are we surprised? cheesy

Imagine the level of “GWOROSMATIC INSULT”? cheesy

An illiterate BOKO-HARAM JUDGE as ACJ?shocked

Nigeria is TOTALLY-FINISHED!

As illiterate Northerners will continue to disgrace Nigeria!

With N2.7 Billion in his AKKANT?
When did he declare his ASSSSSSets? cheesy

All these “GANDUJE” peeps sef!

Where is that MIDGET “El RuFFIAN”? cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by otipoju(m): 1:29am On Jan 30, 2019
AreaNews:

Please kindly watch the video. The lawyer said so on the video. How is it fake?

I know you went to school and know how to do independent research from various sources especially in a world full of information that is easily accessible on your mobile phone.

The man has Phd sef.

1 Like

Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by QuotaSystem: 3:18am On Jan 30, 2019
otipoju:

I know you went to school and know how to do independent research from various sources especially in a world full of information that is easily accessible on your mobile phone.

The man has Phd sef.

Don't mind them, one senior wailer showed me the video today with the same claim and I was amazed at his sheer ignorance/idiocy despite all the information available in the public domain.

1. The new CJN was called to bar in 1981 after graduating from the Nigerian Law School.

2. He was appointed Chief Magistrate in the FCT High Court in 1989 where he served for 2 years (not Sharia court, but they won't mention this).

3. He was sent to the Sharia Court of Appeal (Bauchi) in 1991 where he served for ONLY TWO (2) YEARS before he was appointed as a Justice of the Court of Appeal (again, not Sharia court) where he served for THIRTEEN (13) YEARS on the bench...before being sworn in as a Justice of the Supreme Court in 2007(again, not Sharia Court) where he has served the country for the last TWELVE (12) YEARS.

The new CJN is more than qualified to hold that office regardless of whatever some disgruntled semi-literate ignorant folks say...and he will remain in that office until Onnoghen is able to clear his soiled name if ever.

P.S The way the "lawyer" in the video was wailing and screaming like a suffering piglet was enough indication that his rants would end up being as irrational & nonsensical as they did grin

1 Like

Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by IbrahimDamola: 4:51am On Jan 30, 2019
BafanaBafana:
Lol..
From radio Biafra website I guess.
If you guys keep making stupid noises like this, we will suspend the whole NJC.

Your Muslim zombirudeen skull is pained about the revelation I guess. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by QuotaSystem: 5:06am On Jan 30, 2019
Ignorance is not a death sentence.

It can be cured.

Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by edo3(m): 5:33am On Jan 30, 2019
9jatriot:
All these years none of you noticed but now that he is the second most senior you guys have started a campaign of calumny against him.
Why are u guys like this?? U said all these while no one noticed,, but did u notice onoghen didn't declare his assets if not now that election is close?? Haba jamaar!! Why are u Hausas
like this?? U rush to castigate others,, but yours are saints.. Time shall tell..

1 Like

Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by Factfinder1(m): 6:21am On Jan 30, 2019
If Buhari had been President in 1999 when Obasanjo came in,you will not have that smart Phone/Network to Abuse Obasanjo online
Re: Tanko Is A Sharia Court Judge, He Is Not A Lawyer And He Was Not Called To Bar by Nobody: 6:29am On Jan 30, 2019
haffaze777:

You have thick mucus in your brain. Plenty of it. Otherwise you would not foolishly ignore the corruption and lack of qualification allegations against Tanko and concentrate only on Onnoghen. All you stupid zombies deserve a bullet to your empty skulls.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? / Live Now: Portfolios Of Ministers / Recession Looms As Buhari Aso Rock Cabals Set Niger Delta On Fire Over NDDC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.