Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,147 members, 7,953,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:19 PM

The Right Mindset To Have Before Starting A Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Right Mindset To Have Before Starting A Business (308 Views)

9 Things You Need To Know Before Starting Your Online Business / 3 Powerful Mindset Of Rich People - These Mindsets Can Make You Rich Too / What You Need To Know Before Starting A Yahoo Boy Business: Nairathreads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Right Mindset To Have Before Starting A Business by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 29, 2019
Success in a business is tied down to mind-set, preparation and approach. Having the right information would help in you preparing and approaching your intended business the right way. The most important of them all is YOU, the individual. You have to have the right mind-set before you can see long term success in your business, before your business can become a source of living, before your business can grow from a side hustle to a firm, to a company, to an establishment.

Often times I get questions like what is the right mind-set? Like is there anyone that would go into a business without proper planning? Who does that? These are some of the questions I get when discussing this topic with my friends and fellow hustlers. They are right to ask questions like this, but the truth is a lot of persons don’t really know what a proper business mind-set entails.

Why do you want to start a business? How ready are you for the tasks ahead? How do you intend to approach it? These are some questions you should ask yourself before starting or investing in any business. Knowing the “Why” and “How” would also help you in keeping on, even if your business don’t yield the desired results at first, you would keep pushing. Let’s digest mind-set, preparations and approach.

MIND-SET, PREPARATION AND APPROACH
I believe that most of us didn’t just wake up one morning and decided that we would be starting a particular business that same day without thinking, planning and preparing to launch such business. Something must propel us to make that decision, it’s called a MIND-SET. Whatever your mind thinks at that time would definitely show in your actions. Your mind is like an electric bulb switch, you either turn off the light or you turn on the light. That’s how your mind operates; the right mind-set would positively impact your actions while the wrong mind-set would turn off the light, which would do the opposite.
Now, the question is what is the right MINDSET? To be true to you, the right mind-set is the right mind-set, Lol. Well that could be true but what exactly is the right mind-set?

The answer to that question involves several factors, but the most important one is YOU. You are the driver here, wherever you direct the steering to, that is the direction the car would be facing. Making money is not just about saying you want to make money, it’s not just about researching from dawn to dusk, these things are very important but they are not the only things involved. You could have the best ideas; you’ve done the best research, after all these your business still failed and then you wear a sad face walking unclad in your room, asking your God why? And feeling depressed. You conclude that it’s from your village, that you’re unfortunate but these things are not true. These are the products of your mind, this is what your mind is made up of; NEGATIVE VIBE.

You’ve got to shake that vibe off, push it very far from you. Don’t expect ANY business you venture into to yield positive outcome immediately. Good things take time, except miracles. Always hope for the best but expect less, this way you won’t feel broken when things doesn’t immediately turn out to be positive. There’s a Chinese proverb that says “BLESSED IS THE MAN THAT EXPECTS NOTHING FOR HE SHALL NEVER BE DISAPPOINTED”
Always have a backup plan in case things don’t go as planned. Doing this would help you keep pushing; you’d still be on track. Even if you just fell, it would help you get up quickly and keep trying. No business is sure, that’s why we TRY, and that’s why we don’t sell our family houses to invest in it, which is why we have savings. Always know that there are 2 sides, it’s either you win or you lose. Always expect less regardless of how juicy the offer is, how beautiful the pictures of your plans are.

Having the right mind-set also involves having drive, push, determination. You failed the first time so what’s next for you? Are you going to abandon it and try something else? This is a very tricky question because you could try a million times and still fail at it; you could also try again and succeed. So when is the right time to know when to quit and when to keep trying? I’d say the right time is before you even started at first, why so? Because that is the time all your thinking, research, planning, and preparations takes place. Whatever you do after this time is called Action.

The mistake a lot of persons make is they think about the business ideas more than they think about the customers/traffic, more than they think about monetization methods. Whenever I have a business idea the first thing I ask myself before going on with the idea is how do I make money from this? I’m an internet person so most of my examples would be online business related, but they can also be applied to offline businesses. Often time we see bloggers with cool niche, nice designs, and great contents asking questions like; how do I make money from my site? How do I drive traffic (customers) to my site? Few months later they’ve abandoned their business, niche, and looking at something else. The mistake they made was that they didn’t utilize the preparation stage effectively before moving to the action stage, thereby taking actions when they should be preparing.

Great marketers would always advise that you have a market first before creating a product. What this means is that the customers should be available before you get the goods. If you decide to get the goods first and later look for the customers you might end up not selling the goods, your chances of failing/succeeding would be 50/50. But if you have the customers on ground first, then there’s a high possibility that you would succeed on that one.

Following this simple principle will help ensure that you don’t fail most of the time, but still, expect less. Every good thing takes time, great ideas are not easy to execute, if they are easy the world would be doing it and making money with it. Plan and Take action, but be prepared to fail. If your plans follow the simple rule I outlined earlier, then you’ve got to get up and keep trying till you succeed. In business you don’t fail when you don’t get it right, you fail when you quit.
I believe we can say having the right mind-set in business involves preparations to succeed and preparations to fail. When you’re prepared for the both, you are ready to start a business.
Value is one important thing people overlook when starting a business especially an online business. People will only give you their money when you give them something. There’s no free money anywhere, at least for an adult. Spend more time in creating value than you do in decorating your place of business.

You could spend the whole money you have in sponsoring beautiful adverts and commercials for your business, but if you offer less value your customers won’t be coming back after their first try. In blogging once you have the right traffic the money starts coming in. The same thing applies to other businesses. You can’t have the right traffic if you’re not providing value. Value could be anything, information, products, and services. Always make sure your business is offering value in one way or another. If you were a visitor, would you pay you for your content, products, and services? Ask yourself this question.

So guys that is that. I want to put y’all hustlers in the right state of mind before we start teaching about ways to make online and live the laptop lifestyle of travelling the world.

If you find this post interesting, motivating and inspiring please do share this to your friends on social Media, you would be doing someone real good there. Stay positive, keep hustling, and keep grinding. Bigger days ahead.
Leave a comment below if you’ve got any question, suggestions or whatever you’ve got, I will reply as soon as I can.

You can reach me via my social media accounts.
Do have a positive day ahead.
#PEACE

Source: https://hustlersclass.com/online-business/right-business-mindset/

1 Like

Re: The Right Mindset To Have Before Starting A Business by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 30, 2019
cc Lalasticlala . Please move to the promised land
Re: The Right Mindset To Have Before Starting A Business by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 31, 2019
Lalsticlala what is your view on this topic?

(1) (Reply)

Platform Capital, NIBRA Launch Largest Shoe Factory In Sub-saharan Africa / Buhari Should Not Sign African Free Trade Agreement – MAN / I Need Someone That Can Send Bulk SMS And Short Videos Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.