Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Gov Okowa Backs Calls For Local Government Autonomy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Okowa Backs Calls For Local Government Autonomy (261 Views)

Hanifa: Aisha Buhari Backs Calls For Public Execution Of Proprietor / States That Voted AGAINST And FOR Local Government Autonomy / States That Voted Against Local Government Autonomy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Okowa Backs Calls For Local Government Autonomy by Blue3k2: 6:44am On Jan 30, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciVl3KimCb0

Time Stamp: 5:08-6:19

I have always been a firm believer as a person and even as governor that there is a need to give autonomy to local governments. I believe in it but some other of my colleagues do not believe in it, everybody has its own reasons. Probably because I have been a local government council chairman in the past and I believe truly that they ought to be autonomous on their own and to be able to run their processes on their own, but I know that many local government councils are not able to survive on their own particularly in the South in the South States. In my state if you want to grant autonomy to the local governments themselves now and they look at the financial situation they may not want the autonomy to come because they know that they are going to run into a lot of problems and they may not even be able to pay their salaries. I believe in it because it will lead to healthy conditions and I'm not saying that it could not be regulated. Let them have a reasonable level of autonomy where they can perform on their own and to test their capacity to bring development to the people and to reach out to the people.

Front Page: Lalasticlala
Re: Gov Okowa Backs Calls For Local Government Autonomy by Blue3k2: 6:59am On Jan 30, 2019
He should tell the state assembly to vote on local government autonomy. Local government are the most dependent on oil revenue as percentage of budget. They'll need to raise their IGR but it will be worth t if they handle business. Then existing for sake f existing doesnt make sense.

In the first half of interview he speaks on need to adjust revenue formula. This isue should have been hashed out at least a decade ago.

Approved for LG autonomy: Benue, Plateau, Niger, Bauchi, Sokoto, Bayelsa, Cross Rivers, Kwara and Ogun

Voted Against LG autonomy: Edo, Rivers and Imo
Re: Gov Okowa Backs Calls For Local Government Autonomy by helinues: 7:01am On Jan 30, 2019
Is this for reelection?
Re: Gov Okowa Backs Calls For Local Government Autonomy by ledamaster(m): 7:12am On Jan 30, 2019
I appointed only my Muslim Fulani Brothers heads of security bases on merit. - Buhari to South South and South East people.

No Problem Sir, Come Febuary 16, We will vote you out based on Merit. - South East and South South People.

My peoplle is this now a draw game?
Re: Gov Okowa Backs Calls For Local Government Autonomy by Blue3k2: 2:19pm On Jan 30, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomole Explains Why Buhari Met With APC Senators / Atiku Speaks As Customs Officer, Corruption Allegations Against Wife / Genuine Yorubas Swayed By Atiku-obi At The Candidate- Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.