Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,746 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

2019 Election: What Is A Wasted Vote? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Election: What Is A Wasted Vote? (9301 Views)

Dogara Raises Alarm Over 2019 Election / Don't Run Against Me In 2019 Election, Buhari Begs Nigerian Youths / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 Election: What Is A Wasted Vote? by albaniy1: 10:48am On Jan 30, 2019
[s]
tobby98:
It is a vote for Sowore and the likes when you know they can't win but you decide to be more stupid and useless....
Only Atiku can salvage us from the wreck PMB has placed us on
Vote Atiku
Like for Atiku, Share for Buhari
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: What Is A Wasted Vote? by manuelzz(m): 10:49am On Jan 30, 2019
A vote for Buhari or any Candidate who is not Atiku! undecided
Re: 2019 Election: What Is A Wasted Vote? by gaskiyamagana: 10:53am On Jan 30, 2019
Wasted vote is the one cast for regroup looters whom looting record and prosecutions are yet to be completed in various law courts, home and abroad.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: What Is A Wasted Vote? by pressplay411(m): 10:53am On Jan 30, 2019
Hi
Realdeals:
According to the Free Press organization, the biggest objection by people to voting for a Third Party is the “wasted vote” argument — the idea that if you vote for someone who may not win, then the vote does not count.

Join any third party and merely suggest that another person consider voting for a third party candidate and you will hear, “I don’t want to waste my vote.” Many making such statement does not fully understand the meaning of a wasted vote.

What is a Wasted Vote?
An unprincipled vote is the only wasted vote.
Voting for a third party, contrary to popular belief, is not a wasted vote.

What is voting? It’s a chance to tell the country — and perhaps even the world — what your vision of government and society really is.

But how do most of us vote? Today, the majority of Nigerian believes Muhammadu Buhari of the APC or Atiku Abubakar of PDP is the best candidate, most in tune with our own feelings, actually vote for them? No. Instead, most people vote the “lesser of two evils” — a defensive vote, rather than an offensive one.

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

So what happens after you vote the defensive vote? Well, then you have sold out your personal beliefs. You have become a political prostitute. You are not standing up for what you believe in by voting “the lesser of two evils.”

I don’t know about you, but I’m tired of being a political hooker. If you think the APC or the PDP really does best mirror your beliefs, by all means, vote for that candidate. But if you don’t, and you still vote for them, you’re helping to preserve the status quo you probably despise.

So What’s the Point of Voting?

We as individuals don’t vote to select the winner.

As a practical matter, we vote to tell everyone else which choice best represents the direction which we want the country to go. When you vote, you gain a certain power that a non-voter doesn’t have; the power to change Nigeria.

Hence voting lesser evil sends the wrong message; it’s sending a message of compromise. In effect, a defensive vote says “I will settle for a good Nigeria, not the best Nigeria possible.” I urge you not to settle.

Remember, if you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always gotten. In other words, if you want change, then create change.

Even if once in your life you missed the chance to cast that mythical deciding ballot, the harm from selecting the wrong person in one election is more than offset by a lifetime of giving voter support to the lesser of two evils rather than standing up for what you believe.

So rather than waste your vote on APC or PDP, cast a meaningful ballot that clearly says what you believe.

After watching both PDP and APC make promises that frequently become lies, two conclusions should become evident: (1) The lesser of two evils is still evil, and (2) the only way to waste your vote is not to use it for a candidate that sends the message you want to send to Nigeria. In all honesty, It doesn’t matter which evil you vote for if evil still wins.

By Adekunle Shaibu

https://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/2019-election-news/2019/01/29/2019-election-what-is-a-wasted-vote/

Well said.
It's the lie and fear they use to keep manipulating Nigerians to depend on their own choices as if there's only 2 parties and 2 candidates in the whole election process.

I will be supporting the coalition. We should not vote as if we're helpless, we should vote as people who know what they want. We should vote competence and not tribe or party.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: What Is A Wasted Vote? by gaskiyamagana: 10:57am On Jan 30, 2019
maestroferdi:
Any vote cast for Muhammad Buhari is a wasted vote.

Why? Because it is a vote cast for the oppressor of the people.

A vote for a despot.

A vote for the continuation of the status quo...
Wailing continues.
Re: 2019 Election: What Is A Wasted Vote? by tobby98: 10:57am On Jan 30, 2019
albaniy1:
[s][/s]
Same way Buhari would be thrown into the trash can of history come February 16....God willing.... it had never been this bad...
Re: 2019 Election: What Is A Wasted Vote? by VaselineCrew: 11:00am On Jan 30, 2019
Lovely writeup.

The keep saying a vote for Sowore is a wasted vote and I'm like, in my opinion a vote for Buhari or Atiku is THE REAL WASTED VOTE.

Unless of course you truly believe deep down in you heart that Buhari or Atiku is the best candidate ever, then I guess go ahead your vote. However, if you are only supporting Buhari or Atiku, just cause you believe they might win and then you neglect your own best candidate, brah, you just wasted your vote.

If you believe that APC and PDP will keep Nigeria the same, then voting for them is the real wasted vote.

Put Nigeria first, vote for the BEST candidate whether or not you believe they can win. Leave the rest to God Almighty.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: What Is A Wasted Vote? by ItzBIM(m): 11:01am On Jan 30, 2019
Wasted vote is for apc and pdp...judging by their track record.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: What Is A Wasted Vote? by VaselineCrew: 11:04am On Jan 30, 2019
ItzBIM:
Wasted vote is for apc and pdp...judging by their track record.

God bless you
Re: 2019 Election: What Is A Wasted Vote? by EiConsulting: 11:05am On Jan 30, 2019
Just go and vote for who you think would move us forward... please don't sell your vote in any way, it's your only right for the next four years..

Assure a simple and quick relocation to Canada for you and your family. Get in touch with us today
Re: 2019 Election: What Is A Wasted Vote? by hush15: 11:14am On Jan 30, 2019
Realdeals:
According to the Free Press organization, the biggest objection by people to voting for a Third Party is the “wasted vote” argument — the idea that if you vote for someone who may not win, then the vote does not count.

Join any third party and merely suggest that another person consider voting for a third party candidate and you will hear, “I don’t want to waste my vote.” Many making such statement does not fully understand the meaning of a wasted vote.

What is a Wasted Vote?
An unprincipled vote is the only wasted vote.
Voting for a third party, contrary to popular belief, is not a wasted vote.

What is voting? It’s a chance to tell the country — and perhaps even the world — what your vision of government and society really is.

But how do most of us vote? Today, the majority of Nigerian believes Muhammadu Buhari of the APC or Atiku Abubakar of PDP is the best candidate, most in tune with our own feelings, actually vote for them? No. Instead, most people vote the “lesser of two evils” — a defensive vote, rather than an offensive one.

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

So what happens after you vote the defensive vote? Well, then you have sold out your personal beliefs. You have become a political prostitute. You are not standing up for what you believe in by voting “the lesser of two evils.”

I don’t know about you, but I’m tired of being a political hooker. If you think the APC or the PDP really does best mirror your beliefs, by all means, vote for that candidate. But if you don’t, and you still vote for them, you’re helping to preserve the status quo you probably despise.

So What’s the Point of Voting?

We as individuals don’t vote to select the winner.

As a practical matter, we vote to tell everyone else which choice best represents the direction which we want the country to go. When you vote, you gain a certain power that a non-voter doesn’t have; the power to change Nigeria.

Hence voting lesser evil sends the wrong message; it’s sending a message of compromise. In effect, a defensive vote says “I will settle for a good Nigeria, not the best Nigeria possible.” I urge you not to settle.

Remember, if you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always gotten. In other words, if you want change, then create change.

Even if once in your life you missed the chance to cast that mythical deciding ballot, the harm from selecting the wrong person in one election is more than offset by a lifetime of giving voter support to the lesser of two evils rather than standing up for what you believe.

So rather than waste your vote on APC or PDP, cast a meaningful ballot that clearly says what you believe.

After watching both PDP and APC make promises that frequently become lies, two conclusions should become evident: (1) The lesser of two evils is still evil, and (2) the only way to waste your vote is not to use it for a candidate that sends the message you want to send to Nigeria. In all honesty, It doesn’t matter which evil you vote for if evil still wins.

By Adekunle Shaibu

https://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/2019-election-news/2019/01/29/2019-election-what-is-a-wasted-vote/

Trash talk. Atiku is no lesser evil. HE IS THE REAL DEAL. he will deliver. ANYBODY WITH PETER OBI ON HIS TEAM BY MY REASON IS SERIOUS ABOUT GETTING NIGERIA TO WORK AGAIN. This is a fight between good and evil, period and we must always give good the chance to prevail.

Any third force that cant win is clearly is still deemed a wasted vote, lets not sugar coat the obvious. QED
Re: 2019 Election: What Is A Wasted Vote? by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:19am On Jan 30, 2019
there are only 2 parties APC/PDP voting for any one else is a wasted vote.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: What Is A Wasted Vote? by abdulazeez1002(m): 11:23am On Jan 30, 2019
A vote for Atiku is a wasted vote
Re: 2019 Election: What Is A Wasted Vote? by maestroferdi: 11:30am On Jan 30, 2019
gaskiyamagana:

Wailing continues.
Cowardice still there...
Re: 2019 Election: What Is A Wasted Vote? by Jef14lov: 11:55am On Jan 30, 2019
ArmaniUhuru:
Any vote aside AtiKu Abubakar is a wasted vote.

This is what wasted vote is...

Re: 2019 Election: What Is A Wasted Vote? by NwaliE01: 12:13pm On Jan 30, 2019
Wasted votes is after standing over 7 hours in the sun just to realize that your vote is invalid ie mistakenly voting for two parties on one card.
Re: 2019 Election: What Is A Wasted Vote? by Ten06(m): 12:15pm On Jan 30, 2019
A vote given to Atiku is a vote given to third party and it is a waisted vote. A vote given to Sowore is a wise vote

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: What Is A Wasted Vote? by General247: 1:22pm On Jan 30, 2019
A WASTED IS A VOTE FOR EITHER ATIKU OR BUHARI when we have a superior alternative.
Re: 2019 Election: What Is A Wasted Vote? by albaniy1: 1:42pm On Jan 30, 2019
tobby98:

Same way Buhari would be thrown into the trash can of history come February 16....God willing.... it had never been this bad...

TRASH
Re: 2019 Election: What Is A Wasted Vote? by Akuruoulo(m): 2:28pm On Jan 30, 2019
A wasted vote is any vote that is placed for either Atiku or buhari
Re: 2019 Election: What Is A Wasted Vote? by sunisonflex29(m): 5:33pm On Jan 30, 2019
A wasted vote is a vote given to buhari instead of atiku.. Sowore them no follow for this war atol.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seyi Tinubu's Wife Is Igbo / Ondo By-Election: APC Aspirant Petitions Ganduje, Rejects Outcome Of Primary / Jonathan Proves To Be The Worst Leader!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.