Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,552 members, 7,812,762 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! (3142 Views)

Either It Is Over For Ambode Or Tinubu / Online Poll: Who Would You Vote For? Ambode Or Sanwo Olu? / Whose First Term Was Better; Ambode Or Fashola? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by MonsterDK: 9:58am On Jan 30, 2019
Stern warning to everyone involved!

I know for one reason or the other the lawmakers and some particular set of people are waging war against the governor of Lagos state!
A wrong move at a very wrong time. The timing is wrong and it would only cause APC lose the election gallantly!

Well, I'm a son of the soil! A Lagosian by birth and a resident too! I'm well lettered with the politics of the land!

I am a renowned APC member and I am fully participating in the grassroot politics! That been said, let me tell you what some of you don't know about the dirty politics playing on in Lagos!

Tinubu is not totally a bad person, as a matter of fact he is someone I plan to emulate and learn how he do his thing! He is only intelligent! I put this question to you, who doesn't want to be reckoned with in the society?
Do you know that the only thing Tinubu does is to dangle some positions and money at Lagos leaders and 'voiala' they'll dance to his tune! I won't say that is his fault if you ask me.
Ask any resident of Epe about their Oba (HRM oba Kamorudeen Ishola). They might not even say much about him except from the plenty trucks he has and the various investments he parades! Who knows how an Oba could not even repair his own street, which he already collected money to do! LASG already paid him for that contract (I have backing to that).

You really need to know this fact. In the beginning of the whole Ambode saga, the Oba was invited to Bourdillion to reverse his support for Ambode he never supported! What would that have caused him than just a Yes!
He got another motivation as his son was handed to the APC gubernatorial candidate sanwo-olu as his Personal assistant! Who would reject such juicy post, our amiable oba immediately danced to Jagaban's tune accepted the offer and sold us out totally!
As if that wasn't just enough, there were large support from every leaders in the state who never got their normal loaves of bread anymore, no contract to them as Ambode is known to oversee every contract he awards, hence the drastic infrastructural developments Lagos experienced recently! What else could we say is this man fault for not been loved by his people? Yes he has a fault, he blocked every loopholes to the finances the state funds!

Tinubu was afraid Ambode could one day become his successor even while he's still alive, hence he moved swiftly into action by replacing him!

Oluremi Tinubu is going into the red chamber for the 3rd time!
Mudashiru Obasa (house of assembly speaker) is going there for the 5th time!
Wale Raji who has no meaningful development to his constituency is given another chance to run for second term! Then what did Ambode do wrong that is making him go through all these!

You really don't need anymore soothsayers to tell you Lagos politics is designed for the few and the few are the political class, Royal fathers and selected party men and women! No more

I was at a bar just over the weekend when one of the PDP aspirant for house of representatives walked in with his crowd, he was spewing many rubbish I couldn't stand to keep hearing( electioneering). He caught my attention when he said it was his 5th time running for that same post and amongst many thing the people of the environment keep cheering him and for the fact that he kept campaigning with the problems Ambode is facing! I could see the desperation on people's face just to bring down our party's government in the state and on the federal level!

My plea to the ruling class is to be intelligent in there dealings with the governor and just allow him finish his tenure without all these impeachment brouhaha! Of course you'd all have yourself to blame if the impeachment process succeeds!
I am a man of the street and I know what the average man on that street wants to do! They are eager to bring our party down, we shouldn't lose the little supporters we have left!
I pray you'd all listen and do what is right!
Let me tell you this real quick, I overhead some people that said they would even monitor the election even if they are faced with death! Mind you these people are tech gurus, don't be surprised they may put spy camera everywhere just to expose any irregularities, please be wise and don't make PDP take this state. Thanks!

5 Likes

Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by braine(m): 10:03am On Jan 30, 2019
I'm an APC person, but the way things are going in Lagos, I think its high time there is some change. I'm particularly tired of Tinubu's control. Jimi gets my vote this time, regardless of what they do to Ambode.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by KanwuliaExtra: 10:08am On Jan 30, 2019
That Na Lagos State wahala!
Liberate yourselves from Tinubu’s bondage! kiss

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by Johnnyessence(m): 10:10am On Jan 30, 2019
liberate yourself from Tinubu godfatherism and dictatorship.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by ahiboilandgas: 10:15am On Jan 30, 2019
MonsterDK:

I know for one reason or the other the lawmakers and some particular set of people are waging war against the governor of Lagos state!
A wrong move at a very wrong time. The timing is wrong and it would only cause APC lose the election gallantly!

Well, I'm a son of the soil! A Lagosian by birth and a resident too! I'm well lettered with the politics of the land!

I am a renowned APC member and I am fully participating in the grassroot politics! That been said, let me tell you what some of you don't know about the dirty politics playing on in Lagos!

Tinubu is not totally a bad person, as a matter of fact he is someone I plan to emulate and learn how he do his thing! He is only intelligent! I put this question to you, who doesn't want to be reckoned with in the society?
Do you know that the only thing Tinubu does is to dangle some positions and money at Lagos leaders and 'voiala' they'll dance to his tune! I won't say that is his fault if you ask me.
Ask any resident of Epe about their Oba (HRM oba Kamorudeen Ishola). They might not even say much about him except from the plenty trucks he has and the various investments he parades! Who knows how an Oba could not even repair his own street, which he already collected money to do! LASG already paid him for that contract (I have backing to that).

You really need to know this fact. In the beginning of the whole Ambode saga, the Oba was invited to Bourdillion to reverse his support for Ambode he never supported! What would that have caused him than just a Yes!
He got another motivation as his son was handed to the APC gubernatorial candidate sanwo-olu as his Personal assistant! Who would reject such juicy post, our amiable oba immediately danced to Jagaban's tune accepted the offer and sold us out totally!
As if that wasn't just enough, there were large support from every leaders in the state who never got their normal loaves of bread anymore, no contract to them as Ambode is known to oversee every contract he awards, hence the drastic infrastructural developments Lagos experienced recently! What else could we say is this man fault for not been loved by his people? Yes he has a fault, he blocked every loopholes to the finances the state funds!

Tinubu was afraid Ambode could one day become his successor even while he's still alive, hence he moved swiftly into action by replacing him!

Wale Raji who has no meaningful development to his constituency is given another chance to run for second term! Then what did Ambode do wrong that is making him go through all these!

You really don't need anymore soothsayers to tell you Lagos politics is designed for the few and the few are the political class, Royal fathers and selected party men and women! No more

I was at a bar just over the weekend when one of the PDP aspirant for house of representatives walked in with his crowd, he was spewing many rubbish I couldn't stand to keep hearing( electioneering). He caught my attention when he said it was his 5th time running for that same post and amongst many thing the people of the environment keep cheering him and for the fact that he kept campaigning with the problems Ambode is facing! I could see the desperation on people's face just to bring down our party's government in the state and on the federal level!

My plea to the ruling class is to be intelligent in there dealings with the governor and just allow him finish his tenure without all these impeachment brouhaha! Of course you'd all have yourself to blame if the impeachment process succeeds!
I am a man of the street and I know what the average man on that street wants to do! They are eager to bring our party down, we shouldn't lose the little supporters we have left!
Let me tell you this real quick, I overhead some people that said they would even monitor the election even if they are faced with death! Mind you these people are tech gurus, don't be surprised they may put spy camera everywhere just to expose any irregularities, please be wise and don't make PDP take this state. Thanks!
what infastructure amobode created cos apapa ,to ojo is a mess

5 Likes

Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by MonsterDK: 10:21am On Jan 30, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
what infastructure amobode created cos apapa ,to ojo is a mess

I think you ain't living in Lagos, if you are you'd know that APAPA is not the only place Lagos has on its agenda

6 Likes

Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by magoo10(m): 10:28am On Jan 30, 2019
The time for Lagosians to free themselves of godfatherism is here. Vote Jimi agbaje
Enough is enough

5 Likes

Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by deboysben(m): 10:35am On Jan 30, 2019
Freedom for Lagosians

Tinubu O to ge`

3 Likes

Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by MonsterDK: 11:07am On Jan 30, 2019
KanwuliaExtra:
That Na Lagos State wahala!
Liberate yourselves from Tinubu’s bondage! kiss

maybe Tinubu is not the problem, but some Leaders with selfish interests! I know Tinubu as a person who listens to people!

he only worked on what people wants, of course what he wants too!

1 Like

Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 30, 2019
MonsterDK:

someone is speaking sense here, where is Lalasticlala sef?

2 Likes

Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 30, 2019
MonsterDK:

I think you ain't living in Lagos, if you are you'd know that APAPA is not the only place Lagos has on its agenda

you don't answer everyone oga, some people are Internet crazy!
Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by fatymore(f): 12:42pm On Jan 30, 2019
Drabeey:

you don't answer everyone oga, some people are Internet crazy!
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by helinues: 12:43pm On Jan 30, 2019
Though I am not supporting his impeachment which i dont even see possible but the main question is why is no single person in Apc come out boldly to supports Ambode.. Are they all being paid? Can they all be cowards?
Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by MonsterDK: 1:20pm On Jan 30, 2019
helinues:
Though I am not supporting his impeachment which i dont even see possible but the main question is why is no single person in Apc come out boldly to supports Ambode.. Are they all being paid? Can they all be cowards?

you asked a very good question sir!

Let me start by saying this..... Lagos politics is so complex that if you are not truly sound you won't know the real 'estate owners'. Tinubu is the umpire of the political game in Lagos, but that doesn't says he is the master planner! sure he directs the game!

Ambode's issue was very complex and the governor who never thought this would happen to him had no time to perfect his plan!
on the issue of APC members been cowards,No they ain't! Tinubu is so wise that he virtually has all the leaders of the state in his pocket, he controls them! those people are the genesis of Naija problems, this cabals are very influential and very corrupt, they owns largest edifices of the state!

who are those behind Ambode? the only answer is this.... The youths (Large number of them loves this guy), but within you and I sir, what can they do when the "Baba has sowipe"?

what these guys are doing now is grooming their support for the opposition party, they really want to surprise all the leaders ( I am saying this with all sincerity).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by yemobrown(m): 1:25pm On Jan 30, 2019
Clarion call!!!

Any persons who is of voting age and also make use of lagos/Badagry expressway should as a matter of urgency, use his/her voting franchise to elect the next governor that has "capacity", "will" and a can-do spirit to effect a positive change in the coming dispensation

There's a say that " we cannot continue to do things in a particular way and expect different result " , but this people wants us to keep voting them even if Democratic dividend eludes the electorate. This should stop!

Just a rainfall today has created untold destruction, loss, hardship and avoidable death around ojo cantonment bus stop this morning due to poor road. All vehicle stuck in the traffic at barracks going towards volks bus stop may not leave the traffic if urgent work is not done thereby endangering the lives of those waiting by their asset to robbery attacks and vandalisms. Must we politicize every decision because it does not favor the party at hand?

Arise "O compatriot, Lagos call Obey!

Lagos is a cosmopolitan state hence the need to eradicate politicizing decisions that will foster development in the state.

2 Likes

Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by helinues: 1:38pm On Jan 30, 2019
MonsterDK:

you asked a very good question sir!

Let me start by saying this..... Lagos politics is so complex that if you are not truly sound you won't know the real 'estate owners'. Tinubu is the umpire of the political game in Lagos, but that doesn't says he is the master planner! sure he directs the game!

Ambode's issue was very complex and the governor who never thought this would happen to him had no time to perfect his plan!
on the issue of APC members been cowards,No they ain't! Tinubu is so wise that he virtually has all the leaders of the state in his pocket, he controls them! those people are the genesis of Naija problems, this cabals are very influential and very corrupt, they owns largest edifices of the state!

who are those behind Ambode? the only answer is this.... The youths (Large number of them loves this guy), but within you and I sir, what can they do when the "Baba has sowipe"?

what these guys are doing now is grooming their support for the opposition party, they really want to surprise all the leaders ( I am saying this with all sincerity).

But Fashola also had same problem with Tinubu but people stood by him.. Are the people who stood by Fashola imported from another state?

This is not really about Tinubu. Ambode failed to have his own political grassroots coupled with stepping on so many toes with I dont care attitudes.

The other day, I said Mc Oluomo stabbing involved Ambode but people said it was about NURTW chairmanship .

This impeachment saga is a pay back for that event. Mc never say a word after the attack, instead flew out to Usa.
Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by MonsterDK: 2:03pm On Jan 30, 2019
helinues:

But Fashola also had same problem with Tinubu but people stood by him.. Are the people who stood by Fashola imported from another state?

This is not really about Tinubu. Ambode failed to have his own political grassroots coupled with stepping on so many toes with I dont care attitudes.

The other day, I said Mc Oluomo stabbing involved Ambode but people said it was about NURTW chairmanship .

This impeachment saga is a pay back for that event. Mc never say a word after the attack, instead flew out to Usa.

lol, MC is just one of the random errand guys! it doesn't have anything to do with him!

Ambode has a shocker down his sleeves, I'm sure he has some stronger backup! (my assumptions)

let's just wait to see what unravels, I will feed this thread with my findings and they would be with facts!
Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by ahiboilandgas: 2:08pm On Jan 30, 2019
MonsterDK:

really 12 years counting apapa is a mess
Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by helinues: 2:18pm On Jan 30, 2019
MonsterDK:

lol, MC is just one of the random errand guys! it doesn't have anything to do with him!

Ambode has a shocker down his sleeves, I'm sure he has some stronger backup! (my assumptions)

let's just wait to see what unravels, I will feed this thread with my findings and they would be with facts!

His major trouble started when he appointed the Lcda chairmen. Majority of them are young guys with no political backgrounds..

About the Mc, not everything we yarn on the internet.

We are waiting as things unfold sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by KunleyY19(m): 2:59pm On Jan 30, 2019
I think Ambode's Poor performance in relation to BRF is what is causing all this shout of being in bondage... Because during BRF tenure I don't think we even had an opposition...
I personally think Hamzat would've performed better if picked in 2015...Ambode just messed UP the whole thing...

But that said It would be a bad move to impeach him...

1 Like

Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by adaweezy(m): 3:19pm On Jan 30, 2019
helinues:

People like me supporting Ambode cannot gain anything in Lagos again. The fear of being dealt with has forced people to cower down.
Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by Ajibel(m): 3:19pm On Jan 30, 2019
For me, they should leave Ambode to complete his tenure and the warring factions should come to table, set their ego aside and discuss the way forward. Threats and counter threats won't help the issue.

That said. I read what the OP said. He says Ambode blocked all loopholes of stealing and that's why Lagos witnessed massive infrastructural development.

You see, in 2011 one of the reasons Tinubu was against BRF was because of the claim BRF also blocked loopholes that Tinubu uses to fleece the Lagos treasury. Most party elders also claimed that BRF was stingy with them. I won't forget easily when BRF chased away some women who came to his office to dance hoping to receive money in return like they used to do during Tinubu's era. BRF instead gave them jobs as street sweepers and other menial jobs like that. There was also a time the LAHA before the 2011 election wanted to impeach BRF because of financial misappropriation. The case was later dropped. Yet, Lagos also witnessed massive infrastructural development under BRF.

BUT when Tinubu now tried to deny BRF a second term, these women, unions, assembly members, Obas, members of GAC, and some prominent members of the masses stood up for Fashola and said No to Tinubu. Tinubu turned around and endorsed BRF.

A similar thing has now played out with Ambode, unfortunately he doesn't have the kind of support BRF had. The APC foot soldiers this time around said NO to Ambode and Tinubu had to listen to them as their leader.

Ambode has been accused of not listening, being vindictive, cornered all projects to himself and cronies, tried to create a parallel political structure to rival Tinubus. He has also been accused of withholding some local council funds whose chairmen didn't play by his rules (dictator?), he has dumped Lagos master plan for his own experiments and so many allegations like that.

So I conclude that Ambode hasn't done so much to warrant people to stick their neck out for him. He hasnt done better than what we expected and he wasn't a good party man.

I feel no pity for him, but I don't want him impeached. Let him serve out his tenure then leave.

1 Like

Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by adaweezy(m): 3:20pm On Jan 30, 2019
helinues:

His major trouble started when he appointed the Lcda chairmen. Majority of them are young guys with no political backgrounds..

LCDA chairman that Tinubu appointed abi? LCDA chairman that could not fight for the person Ambode if he appointed and nominated them.

1 Like

Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by helinues: 3:30pm On Jan 30, 2019
adaweezy:

LCDA chairman that Tinubu appointed abi? LCDA chairman that could not fight for the person Ambode if he appointed and nominated them.

@ bolded false
Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by Ajibel(m): 3:31pm On Jan 30, 2019
My questions to Pro-Ambode supporters are always these

1. Are the roads better compared to 2015 when he came in?
2. Do you now spend less time in traffic compared to 2015?
3. Do you have running taps in your homes from Lagos water works compared to 2015?
4. Are our hospitals better compared to 2015?
5. Are your driving experiences better compared to 2015?
6. Are your streets cleaner compared to 2015?
7. Do you receive better service from Lagos government agencies compared to 2015?
8. Is your ride with BRT more efficient compared to 2015?

I'm quite certain Ambode would have lost the reelection if he won the APC primaries.

His style of governance is against the progressive belief of Lagos APC. He has truncated the continuity of policies Lagosians enjoyed from BAT to BRF. Such should be discouraged if APC still wants to hold onto Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by chloride6: 3:45pm On Jan 30, 2019
KunleyY19:
I think Ambode's Poor performance in relation to BRF is what is causing all this shout of being in bondage... Because during BRF tenure I don't think we even had an opposition...
I personally think Hamzat would've performed better if picked in 2015...Ambode just messed UP the whole thing...

But that said It would be a bad move to impeach him...

APC couldnt pick between Hamzat and Shasore, so they setteled for a neutral Ambod
Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by KunleyY19(m): 3:51pm On Jan 30, 2019
chloride6:

APC couldnt pick between Hamzat and Shasore, so they setteled for a neutral Ambod

They played the religion card because then PDP were shouting that Lagos has been ruled by Muslims...

But has for me the move Backfired because Ambode didn't do well ...
He was Overhyped...
Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by KunleyY19(m): 3:57pm On Jan 30, 2019
Dirty Lagos... Heavy Traffic Potholes poor enforcement of law... (One Way, Wear Helmet, Street Trading, Ban of motorcycle on the highway, sanitation etc)
He literarily handicapped vibrant parastatals LSPWC LASTMA
Are not vibrant like before...
Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by KunleyY19(m): 3:58pm On Jan 30, 2019
I think he's better suited to been an Administrator...
Anyways Sanwo should do better
Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by MonsterDK: 4:13pm On Jan 30, 2019
braine:
I'm an APC person, but the way things are going in Lagos, I think its high time there is some change. I'm particularly tired of Tinubu's control. Jimi gets my vote this time, regardless of what they do to Ambode.

PDP rule in Lagos state would be a catastrophe!
Re: Stay Off Ambode Or Lose Lagos State! by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 30, 2019
helinues:

Where did you get your information oga? I de suspect you...

I think you have said so much already, this is an open forum... please.

Thank you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out The Accounts Traced To T.A.ORJI Son And All The Money Inside! Incredib / ... / Who Sponsored Adaka Boro's 12days Insurrection Against Aguiyi Ironsi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.