Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

How To Make Nairaland Safer And More Interesting? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Make Nairaland Safer And More Interesting? (189 Views)

A Petition To Make Nairaland Pay Creators / Why Can't Seun Osewa Make Nairaland A Mini Blog? / Suggestions On How To Make Nairaland Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Nairaland Safer And More Interesting? by dumahi(m): 1:05pm On Jan 30, 2019
My people, I hope you know that Nairaland is one of the principal image makers of this country. So, we all have the responsibility to preserve it.

Also, I hope you know that abuse has destroyed some of the most successful online start-ups. For instance, where is the once burgeoning Yahoo today? 'Yahoo boys' helped to bring the company down through many abuses, hence their name. It is why Mark Zuckerberg recently launched a special campaign against fake news on Facebook.

To make sure this doesn't happen to our dear Nairaland, I am opening this thread to discuss on how we can all make the forum better. So kindly give your opinions.

Let me start with myself: Nothing is more annoying on Nairaland than reading an interesting topic and enjoying the comments and, all of a sudden, you see a LONG off-topic advert standing on your way! And you find that again and again and again. I am sure that I am not the only person angered by this attitude that offends against forum rules numbers 1, 6 and 18. And how can we stop this? I suggest we can all help the mods by using the 'report' link under such offensive post.

Then, mods should ensure that a reported post is truly offensive before handing out punishment against it. This is because some people will surely abuse this 'report' link by reporting posts of those they hate purely by malice. To control this abuse again, let the mods punish any reporter they consider to be malice-driven.

Now, over to you all. Point out areas that need change and how we can effect the change. Thank you.

Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

Blackout Will Be Over In Ondo South – Osinbajo / Governor Akeredolu Presents More Vehicles To Security Agencies In Ondo: / Artiste Biography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.