Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,692 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings (28393 Views)

Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed / Breaking: FG Asks CJN Onnoghen To Vacate Office Over Asset Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by afonjay: 4:43pm On Jan 30, 2019
afroxyz:

wasted sperm.

N100 Gold circle could have solved this problem
LOBATAN .U ve finished d talks. Eti si aiye wa .
Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by SEONaijaExpert: 4:46pm On Jan 30, 2019
afroxyz:

I'm sorry for even mentioning you. It's obvious you have pressurized air encased in your skull
I knew you had no clue about the situation than what you were told, I just wanted to confirm your stupidity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by afroxyz: 4:55pm On Jan 30, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:

I knew you had no clue about the situation than what you were told, I just wanted to confirm your stupidity.

you knew or you thought? is it not the NJC that recommends the appointment and removal of justices? Why didn't the presidency wait for the NJC? and even when he suspended Onnoghen, why didn't he suggest that the NJC recommend someone.

if you are not stupid you would not be here selling the future of your kids for a measly 30k from BMC. To say you are stupid is just to dignify to your derelict status
Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by SmartMen: 4:57pm On Jan 30, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:

Firstly, the suspension of Onnoghen followed the rule of law.

Secondly, some persons are threats to national security and keeping them for more interrogation has a provision under law.
So you know more than the court that granted bail. you are just a paid mole on nairaland seeing you are using same line Buhari used when asked about the contineous detaining of those men. You couldn't even defend or come up with cogent reason for why they are being held after granted bail but you chose to regurgitate what has already been said...

yeah, they are a national treat and Herdsmen that has killed thousands are not, Boko Haram that has killed thousands and granted bail are not.

Let me tell you, you all will pay for your sins against this country. Your children will not escape this seed you have planted... it is a ripple effect. NOBODY escape the harvest.
Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by deomelo: 5:06pm On Jan 30, 2019
Wahala90:

Yet Lagos has the highest number of mad people.

Glad you have this information, you are obviously a resident of Yaba Left, corruption loving and defender of crooked and corrupt people.

Ndo...

grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by SEONaijaExpert: 5:13pm On Jan 30, 2019
SmartMen:
So you know more than the court that granted bail. you are just a paid mole on nairaland seeing you are using same line Buhari used when asked about the contineous detaining of those men. You couldn't even defend or come up with cogent reason for why they are being held after granted bail but you chose to regurgitate what has already been said...

yeah, they are a national treat and Herdsmen that has killed thousands are not, Boko Haram that has killed thousands and granted bail are not.

Let me tell you, you all will pay for your sins against this country. Your children will not escape this seed you have planted... it is a ripple effect. NOBODY escape the harvest.
At this point of realities and state of the nation, it just depicts ignorance if anyone chose to sentimental. That exactly is what you've done.

What you don't know is bigger than you. Let me state this quickly, the vice-president was made the head of committee that involved all the Governors in a deliberation about the possible solution to the herdsmen menace. From the meeting it was concluded that all state would provide a restricted grazing location for all herdsmen, meaning that if they graze outside these restricted areas, they can be arrested and locked up. Which also means, even the public can take any kind of actions (in my own terms). That was the conclusion! And few states that has implemented this submission are experiencing peace.

That's all I can inform you. So don't be sentimental about national threats, you can't deal with them the same way. Some are bigger threat while dialogue can solve some. You'd agree if you want to be sincere with yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by deomelo: 5:19pm On Jan 30, 2019
afroxyz:

you knew or you thought? is it not the NJC that recommends the appointment and removal of justices? Why didn't the presidency wait for the NJC? and even when he suspended Onnoghen, why didn't he suggest that the NJC recommend someone.

if you are not stupid you would not be here selling the future of your kids for a measly 30k from BMC. To say you are stupid is just to dignify to your derelict status

You mean the same disgraced and corrupt judge as the chairman of the NJC should recommend to the President his own suspension or removal?

Even for that to happen, there must be a gathering or meeting of the NJC to deliberate before recommendation, but the same crooked and corrupt CJ canceled NJC meetings indefinitely, meaning the NJC cannot get together to discuss anything, not even any recommendation.

The corrupt judge abused and truncated the NJC process in a dictatorial manner for his own selfish and self-serving interest just to evade justice and accountability.

It beats me why you people support and defend corrupt and lawless acts against the constitution on one side and on the other side claim and shout that you are defending the constitution.

You can not have it both ways at the same time

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by SmartMen: 5:24pm On Jan 30, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:

At this point of realities and state of the nation, it just depicts ignorance if anyone chose to sentimental. That exactly is what you've done.

What you don't know is bigger than you. Let me state this quickly, the vice-president was made the head of committee that involved all the Governors in a deliberation about the possible solution to the herdsmen menace. From the meeting it was concluded that all state would provide a restricted grazing location for all herdsmen, meaning that if they graze outside these restricted areas, they can be arrested and locked up. Which also means, even the public can take any kind of actions (in my own terms). That was the conclusion! And few states that has implemented this submission are experiencing peace.

That's all I can inform you. So don't be sentimental about national threats, you can't deal with them the same way. Some are bigger threat while dialogue can solve some. You'd agree if you want to be sincere with yourself.

Let me ask you, would you be okay if use your land for my private business without paying you for it? While will the government give them land? don't the herdsmen have owners? who still roam around with their cattles in 2019 if not for some people who are still backward?Even Saudi Arabia, the HQ of Islam ranch their cattles after owners acquire necessary lands and equipment.
Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by servercodes001: 5:25pm On Jan 30, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:
1) At this juncture it is common sense for Onnoghen to resign

2) It's wisdom for NBA not to be seen protecting unethical practice and respect the institution so as not to be classified as clowns.

3) The role NBA has played so far in the unfolding of events has shown that they're either bought already or President Buhari was right about them and I think many of them hiding will be fished out soon.

4) It's disappointing that those that are expected to protect and uphold the rule of law are the ones behaving like miscreants and learned tout.

5) NBA is gradually reducing its self worth and respect and I think they should listen to their higher rank at the NJC.

6) The law bodies and legal personalities protesting in support of Onnoghen should give Nigerians a clue that the judiciary system is indeed messed up.

7) Nigerians can see reasons why cases are taking years in court and no single prosecution by the factors revealing itself naturally as a result of the suspension Onnoghen

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by servercodes001: 5:28pm On Jan 30, 2019
EggSauce:
Why any reasonable person will protest or support onnos that forgot to declare 1billion+ still baffles me.. Secondly are some people destined to support thieves because the way some certain people from a certain ethnic group supports onnons even after found guilty of the offence labelled against him is something else.. Even his own people never took the matter that much.
Its pleases me to see that there are still a handful of reasonable people left in this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by 0koyibos: 5:34pm On Jan 30, 2019
StOla:

Not at all ooo. But had siblings who attended other unity schools.

Okay.

That slang was used in Unity schools way back.

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by jamace(m): 5:38pm On Jan 30, 2019
The judiciary is highly divided. How can it survive as an independent arm of govt?
Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by yerilistik: 5:50pm On Jan 30, 2019
deomelo:

You mean the same disgraced and corrupt judge as the chairman of the NJC should recommend to the President his own suspension or removal?

Even for that to happen, there must be a gathering or meeting of the NJC to deliberate before recommendation, but the same crooked and corrupt CJ canceled NJC meetings indefinitely, meaning the NJC cannot get together to discuss anything, not even any recommendation.

The corrupt judge abused and truncated the NJC process in a dictatorial manner for his own selfish and self-serving interest just to evade justice and accountability.

It beats me why you people support and defend corrupt and lawless acts against the constitution on one side and on the other side claim and shout that you are defending the constitution.

Thank you very much, you have used your brain well and you really understand the whole scenario of a corrupt CJN shamefully trying to hold the entire country to ransom thereby disgracing his profession and colleagues. SHAME !!

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by deomelo: 5:57pm On Jan 30, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:
1) At this juncture it is common sense for Onnoghen to resign

2) It's wisdom for NBA not to be seen protecting unethical practice and respect the institution so as not to be classified as clowns.

3) The role NBA has played so far in the unfolding of events has shown that they're either bought already or President Buhari was right about them and I think many of them hiding will be fished out soon.

4) It's disappointing that those that are expected to protect and uphold the rule of law are the ones behaving like miscreants and learned tout.

5) NBA is gradually reducing its self worth and respect and I think they should listen to their higher rank at the NJC.

6) The law bodies and legal personalities protesting in support of Onnoghen should give Nigerians a clue that the judiciary system is indeed messed up.

7) Nigerians can see reasons why cases are taking years in court and no single prosecution by the factors revealing itself naturally as a result of the suspension Onnoghen

Sadly, the president of the NBA itself is currently on trial for corruption.

The NBA is rotten from top to bottom.

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by Goovo(m): 6:23pm On Jan 30, 2019
sanfranka2:
The way Google ban naija adMob accounts today mad me undecided
really, and I was contemplating to join oo
Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by integrity16(m): 6:40pm On Jan 30, 2019
shevchenko:
Yoruba people will never accept this decision because they are very afraid of ibos

IPOB wailer spotted!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by SEONaijaExpert: 7:37pm On Jan 30, 2019
deomelo:

Sadly, the president of the NBA itself is currently on trial for corruption.

The NBA is rotten from top to bottom.
This is saddening to say the least

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by SEONaijaExpert: 7:42pm On Jan 30, 2019
SmartMen:

Let me ask you, would you be okay if use your land for my private business without paying you for it? While will the government give them land? don't the herdsmen have owners? who still roam around with their cattles in 2019 if not for some people who are still backward?Even Saudi Arabia, the HQ of Islam ranch their cattles after owners acquire necessary lands and equipment.
The arrangement of restricted grazing areas is better. Herdsmen lives within the community, what will happen when they start grazing again within the communities? I'm sure you know the answer already.

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by bosmann11: 8:06pm On Jan 30, 2019
shevchenko:
Yoruba people will never accept this decision because they are very afraid of ibos
Hmmm afraid indeed. Sometimes ant would bite in order to be noticed.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by bosmann11: 8:09pm On Jan 30, 2019
Mopolchi:
There are many irresponsible lawyers who do not obey NBA's directives
Get sense NBA is just an ordinary association and the lawyers are not fully binded by their decisions. Only NJC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by IbrahimDamola: 8:32pm On Jan 30, 2019
What did you expect from Yoruba Muslim judges like Justice sururat and justice sheriffatu?

We dey look them dey laugh. grin

grin
Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by SmartMen: 8:36pm On Jan 30, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:

The arrangement of restricted grazing areas is better. Herdsmen lives within the community, what will happen when they start grazing again within the communities? I'm sure you know the answer already.
they should keep their cattles in the North and graze there. Simple. I thought they often boast of land mass.. so what happened to their land mass?

I repeat, rearing cattles is a private business and the government shouldn't acquire lands for them. They should build ranch with modern equipment and put them there while feeding them. That is what 21 century humans do, not acting like cave men. angry angry angry
Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by bizzibodi(m): 10:11pm On Jan 30, 2019
Clerverly:
Sherifat Solebo, a judge of the Lagos State Special Offences Court in Ikeja, on Wednesday objected to an attempt to disrupt proceedings in her courtroom by a task force of the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA), Ikeja Branch.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Dele Oloke, NBA Chairman, Ikeja Branch, had at 10:17 a.m., led the task force to stop proceedings in Mrs Solebo’s courtroom in an attempt to enforce the court boycott directive by the NBA.

“I will not entertain any interruption. We know the rules of court; Mr Oloke, be properly guided.

“The National Judicial Council (NJC) has not directed that judges should not sit; the Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria has not shut the door.

“I am still in charge of this court, Mr Oloke; what you are doing is contemptuous,” the judge warned.

Following the warning, the chairman left the court after instructing lawyers in the courtroom to obey the boycott directive.

Okowa Campaign AD

Speaking to NAN later, Mr Oloke frowned at lawyers’ flouting of the directive.

He said the court boycott should be obeyed by every responsible lawyer.

He said: “I was at the National Executive Council (NEC) meeting of the NBA under its President, Mr Paul Usoro, and we resolved that we should embark on a two-day symbolic boycott of courts.

“Every responsible lawyer should abide by it.

“It is playing to the gallery to say that your clients are important; we also have clients. When systems collapse, everybody will be blamed.

“When we abandon our work to protect the institution we belong to, and some lawyers refuse to cooperate with us, we will do something about it, I can assure you.”

NAN reports that some other judges at the Ikeja High Court Complex also sat in spite of the boycott directive.

At 9.56a.m., the NBA task force was unable to stop proceedings in the courtroom of Justice Sururat Soladoye of an Ikeja Domestic Violence and Sexual Offences Court – within the Ikeja High Court Complex.

The judge was about to rise when the team stormed her courtroom.

Proceedings in the courtroom of Justice Mojisola Dada of a Special Offences Court – also within the complex – could also not be disrupted at 10.42a.m. by Mr Oloke’s team.

The judge was delivering a judgment at the time and had to finish it.

The NBA had at its NEC meeting on Monday resolved to embark on a boycott of courts on January 29 and January 30 to protest the suspension of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen.

Mr Onnoghen was suspended on Jan. 25, following an allegation of non-declaration of assets.

He was charged before the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) on January 14, on six-count charge.

President Muhammadu Buhari suspended Mr Onnoghen following an order by the CCT. He appointed Justice Tanko Mohammed as the Acting CJN.

Many judges at the court complex equally adjudicated over cases on Tuesday from when the boycott directive took effect.

Activities at the court complex were reduced, but many judges sat.

Justices Mojisola Dada, Oluwatoyin Taiwo and Olusola Williams of the Ikeja Special Offences Court adjudicated over cases, while lawyers and litigants were seated in Mrs Solebo’s courtroom as at 10.50a.m., awaiting the judge’s arrival.

At the Domestic Violence and Sexual Offences Court, Justice Sururat Soladoye began sitting at 9.00a.m. and was still adjudicating matters as at 11.15a.m.

In Justice Sybil Nwaka’s courtroom, lawyers and litigants were awaiting her arrival.

At the Ikeja High Court, Justice Hakeem Oshodi presided over proceedings in his courtroom which was half filled with lawyers and litigants.

Justices Obafemi Adamson, Raliatu Adebiyi and Josephine Oyefeso sat briefly in their courtrooms. (NAN)

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/308866-onnoghen-judge-resists-nbas-attempt-to-disrupt-proceedings.html

Justice onnoghen Wike personal judge.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by Nobody: 6:27am On Jan 31, 2019
Na by force? Useless peopleDownload this lovely song "Searching for love" by Xpol( a nairalander) http://www.naijapals.com/music/Searching_for_love_Xpol-89179
Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by afroxyz: 2:35pm On Jan 31, 2019
deomelo:

Oga.

I never supported the action of the CJN. I am arguing about the process of his removal.

Besides why this time? why didn't the FG act earlier? Why was the FG in a hurry to appoint a new CJN without waiting for a recommendation from the NJC?

why hasn't such speed being applied to the petitions/inquiries against the chairman of the CCB, his Chief of staff and other party members who are also facing similar charges?

For christ sake, we are not fools na.

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by deomelo: 3:25pm On Jan 31, 2019
afroxyz:
Oga.

I never supported the action of the CJN. I am arguing about the process of his removal.

Besides why this time? why didn't the FG act earlier? Why was the FG in a hurry to appoint a new CJN without waiting for a recommendation from the NJC?

why hasn't such speed being applied to the petitions/inquiries against the chairman of the CCB, his Chief of staff and other party members who are also facing similar charges?

For christ sake, we are not fools na.

You are allowed to formulate and purvey your opinion and even read your own preferred meanings into the FG's decisions, but that doesn't mean due process was not followed.

The crooked judge, on the other hand, truncated the so-called due process you are talking about through the NJC by canceling meetings and gatherings of the NJC indefinitely, meaning he canceled the meetings indefinitely because he did not want the NJC due process you are talking about. With the crooked judge canceling the NJC meeting indefinitely, it means the NJC can never get together to discuss or deliberate on anything at all, including anything about the corrupt CJ, it means they can not recommend anything.

The crooked judge himself destroyed that due process arbitrarily because he did not want any accountability or any recommendation from the same NJC he chairs.. This is why they asked him to step down or recuse himself from the process.

The armed robber cannot be his own arresting police, his own prosecutor and his own judge.

The corrupt judge dismantled due process from the beginning so face the crooked and corrupt judge with your due process argument.
Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by afroxyz: 3:32pm On Jan 31, 2019
deomelo:

You are allowed to formulate and purvey your opinion and even read your own preferred meanings into the FG's decisions, but that doesn't mean due process was not followed.

The crooked judge, on the other hand, truncated the so-called due process you are talking about through the NJC by canceling meetings and gatherings of the NJC indefinitely, meaning he canceled the meetings indefinitely because he did not want the NJC due process you are talking about. With the crooked judge canceling the NJC meeting indefinitely, it means the NJC can never get together to discuss or deliberate on anything at all, including anything about the corrupt CJ, it means they can not recommend anything.

The crooked judge himself destroyed that due process arbitrarily because he did not want any accountability or any recommendation from the same NJC he chairs.. This is why they asked him to step down or recuse himself from the process.

The armed robber cannot be his own arresting police, his own prosecutor and his own judge.

The corrupt judge dismantled due process from the beginning so face the crooked and corrupt judge with your due process argument.

you've not made any point, obviously you didn't understand my post
Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by deomelo: 3:39pm On Jan 31, 2019
afroxyz:

you've not made any point, obviously you didn't understand my post

afroxyz:
Why was the FG in a hurry to appoint a new CJN without waiting for a recommendation from the NJC?

If the NJC cannot meet and deliberate because the corrupt head of the NJC and the CJ himself canceled their gatherings indefinitely, how do you suggest they meet to discuss and recommend anything to the president? Was it even possible?

Answer that question, I really need you to.

Obviously, many of you are so ignorant per what transpired, you just shout and shout, but still clueless and ignorant

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ortom Challenges Buhari To Debate On National Issues / Wike And Aregbesola's Funny Encounter At Governor's Forum Meeting / "Under Buhari, Cows Fare Better": Udom Distances Self From Aide's Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.