Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,540 members, 7,816,314 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings (28392 Views)

Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed / Breaking: FG Asks CJN Onnoghen To Vacate Office Over Asset Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by tempest69: 3:39pm On Jan 30, 2019
E dey sweet us

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by Afospecialk: 3:40pm On Jan 30, 2019
shevchenko:
Yoruba people will never accept this decision because they are very afraid of ibos

Ibo are not relevant in Nigeria pls

Southeast are nothing in Nigeria election

Southeast are nothing to PMB

Southeast will never rule Nigeria

Southeast should know they are not relevant in politics

Southeast should know they are just like a toy for politicians

Southeast future lies in d hand of North and southwest

I know.d truth is bitter so I expect all of yu to cry to hell

PDP never again

PMB till 2023

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by vengertime: 3:41pm On Jan 30, 2019
Clerverly:
Sherifat Solebo, a judge of the Lagos State Special Offences Court in Ikeja, on Wednesday objected to an attempt to disrupt proceedings in her courtroom by a task force of the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA), Ikeja Branch.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Dele Oloke, NBA Chairman, Ikeja Branch, had at 10:17 a.m., led the task force to stop proceedings in Mrs Solebo’s courtroom in an attempt to enforce the court boycott directive by the NBA.

“I will not entertain any interruption. We know the rules of court; Mr Oloke, be properly guided.

“The National Judicial Council (NJC) has not directed that judges should not sit; the Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria has not shut the door.

“I am still in charge of this court, Mr Oloke; what you are doing is contemptuous,” the judge warned.

Following the warning, the chairman left the court after instructing lawyers in the courtroom to obey the boycott directive.

Okowa Campaign AD

Speaking to NAN later, Mr Oloke frowned at lawyers’ flouting of the directive.

He said the court boycott should be obeyed by every responsible lawyer.

He said: “I was at the National Executive Council (NEC) meeting of the NBA under its President, Mr Paul Usoro, and we resolved that we should embark on a two-day symbolic boycott of courts.

“Every responsible lawyer should abide by it.

“It is playing to the gallery to say that your clients are important; we also have clients. When systems collapse, everybody will be blamed.

“When we abandon our work to protect the institution we belong to, and some lawyers refuse to cooperate with us, we will do something about it, I can assure you.”

NAN reports that some other judges at the Ikeja High Court Complex also sat in spite of the boycott directive.

At 9.56a.m., the NBA task force was unable to stop proceedings in the courtroom of Justice Sururat Soladoye of an Ikeja Domestic Violence and Sexual Offences Court – within the Ikeja High Court Complex.

The judge was about to rise when the team stormed her courtroom.

Proceedings in the courtroom of Justice Mojisola Dada of a Special Offences Court – also within the complex – could also not be disrupted at 10.42a.m. by Mr Oloke’s team.

The judge was delivering a judgment at the time and had to finish it.

The NBA had at its NEC meeting on Monday resolved to embark on a boycott of courts on January 29 and January 30 to protest the suspension of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen.

Mr Onnoghen was suspended on Jan. 25, following an allegation of non-declaration of assets.

He was charged before the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) on January 14, on six-count charge.

President Muhammadu Buhari suspended Mr Onnoghen following an order by the CCT. He appointed Justice Tanko Mohammed as the Acting CJN.

Many judges at the court complex equally adjudicated over cases on Tuesday from when the boycott directive took effect.

Activities at the court complex were reduced, but many judges sat.

Justices Mojisola Dada, Oluwatoyin Taiwo and Olusola Williams of the Ikeja Special Offences Court adjudicated over cases, while lawyers and litigants were seated in Mrs Solebo’s courtroom as at 10.50a.m., awaiting the judge’s arrival.

At the Domestic Violence and Sexual Offences Court, Justice Sururat Soladoye began sitting at 9.00a.m. and was still adjudicating matters as at 11.15a.m.

In Justice Sybil Nwaka’s courtroom, lawyers and litigants were awaiting her arrival.

At the Ikeja High Court, Justice Hakeem Oshodi presided over proceedings in his courtroom which was half filled with lawyers and litigants.

Justices Obafemi Adamson, Raliatu Adebiyi and Josephine Oyefeso sat briefly in their courtrooms. (NAN)

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/308866-onnoghen-judge-resists-nbas-attempt-to-disrupt-proceedings.html

so what has Wike photo got to do with your fake news?
Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by Sotland: 3:41pm On Jan 30, 2019
And the drama continues:Where is Nigeria heading for?

If you have not joined SelfBoss Forum, join it cause you might need it now or sometime in the future..

There is always an advantage for early members... Even if you don't use it now, the date you joined will be stored and that will help you when you need it.

You will meet Young Entrepreneur with business ideas, Learn lucrative businesses that can help you living in near future and find fellow Entrepreneur/investors that may want to collaborate with you.

Even though Self Boss Forum is a growing Forum, being a member is great for you if you decide to partner with someone in the future.

[b] Join now using this link [/b]https://web./351575092084052/
Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by michoim(m): 3:45pm On Jan 30, 2019
Lawyers no go chop?

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by berrystunn(m): 3:46pm On Jan 30, 2019
Yoruba people...
grin
Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by rusher14: 3:46pm On Jan 30, 2019
vengertime:
so what has Wike photo got to do with your fake news?

Onnoghen was captured in the same photo.
Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by shevchenko(m): 3:47pm On Jan 30, 2019
Afospecialk:

PDP never again

PMB till 2023

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by collinsprince: 3:47pm On Jan 30, 2019
Clerverly:
Sherifat Solebo, a judge of the Lagos State Special Offences Court in Ikeja, on Wednesday objected to an attempt to disrupt proceedings in her courtroom by a task force of the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA), Ikeja Branch.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Dele Oloke, NBA Chairman, Ikeja Branch, had at 10:17 a.m., led the task force to stop proceedings in Mrs Solebo’s courtroom in an attempt to enforce the court boycott directive by the NBA.

“I will not entertain any interruption. We know the rules of court; Mr Oloke, be properly guided.

“The National Judicial Council (NJC) has not directed that judges should not sit; the Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria has not shut the door.

“I am still in charge of this court, Mr Oloke; what you are doing is contemptuous,” the judge warned.

Following the warning, the chairman left the court after instructing lawyers in the courtroom to obey the boycott directive.

Okowa Campaign AD

Speaking to NAN later, Mr Oloke frowned at lawyers’ flouting of the directive.

He said the court boycott should be obeyed by every responsible lawyer.

He said: “I was at the National Executive Council (NEC) meeting of the NBA under its President, Mr Paul Usoro, and we resolved that we should embark on a two-day symbolic boycott of courts.

“Every responsible lawyer should abide by it.

“It is playing to the gallery to say that your clients are important; we also have clients. When systems collapse, everybody will be blamed.

“When we abandon our work to protect the institution we belong to, and some lawyers refuse to cooperate with us, we will do something about it, I can assure you.”

NAN reports that some other judges at the Ikeja High Court Complex also sat in spite of the boycott directive.

At 9.56a.m., the NBA task force was unable to stop proceedings in the courtroom of Justice Sururat Soladoye of an Ikeja Domestic Violence and Sexual Offences Court – within the Ikeja High Court Complex.

The judge was about to rise when the team stormed her courtroom.

Proceedings in the courtroom of Justice Mojisola Dada of a Special Offences Court – also within the complex – could also not be disrupted at 10.42a.m. by Mr Oloke’s team.

The judge was delivering a judgment at the time and had to finish it.

The NBA had at its NEC meeting on Monday resolved to embark on a boycott of courts on January 29 and January 30 to protest the suspension of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen.

Mr Onnoghen was suspended on Jan. 25, following an allegation of non-declaration of assets.

He was charged before the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) on January 14, on six-count charge.

President Muhammadu Buhari suspended Mr Onnoghen following an order by the CCT. He appointed Justice Tanko Mohammed as the Acting CJN.

Many judges at the court complex equally adjudicated over cases on Tuesday from when the boycott directive took effect.

Activities at the court complex were reduced, but many judges sat.

Justices Mojisola Dada, Oluwatoyin Taiwo and Olusola Williams of the Ikeja Special Offences Court adjudicated over cases, while lawyers and litigants were seated in Mrs Solebo’s courtroom as at 10.50a.m., awaiting the judge’s arrival.

At the Domestic Violence and Sexual Offences Court, Justice Sururat Soladoye began sitting at 9.00a.m. and was still adjudicating matters as at 11.15a.m.

In Justice Sybil Nwaka’s courtroom, lawyers and litigants were awaiting her arrival.

At the Ikeja High Court, Justice Hakeem Oshodi presided over proceedings in his courtroom which was half filled with lawyers and litigants.

Justices Obafemi Adamson, Raliatu Adebiyi and Josephine Oyefeso sat briefly in their courtrooms. (NAN)

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/308866-onnoghen-judge-resists-nbas-attempt-to-disrupt-proceedings.html

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by Hodstat1986: 3:52pm On Jan 30, 2019
Ex CJN by now, he will be like haa PDP and their ipob brothers have implicated me with their bad luck

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by supereagle(m): 4:01pm On Jan 30, 2019
GoldHorse:
This mummy judge correct well well!!!! See warning! grin
Women judges handle tough cases better. They are always courageous. I admire them. The NBA President has corruption case on his neck, he will support criminality. Again Atiku money must have exchanged hands.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by omooba969(m): 4:04pm On Jan 30, 2019
EggSauce:
Why any reasonable person will protest or support onnos that forgot to declare 1billion+ still baffles me.. Secondly are some people destined to support thieves because the way some certain people from a certain ethnic group supports onnons even after found guilty of the offence labelled against him is something else.. Even his own people never took the matter that much.

They know themselves and they're coming for you. grin

Do you mean the ig....grin

3 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by themanderon: 4:07pm On Jan 30, 2019
This is typically the problem all Nigerians have. They clearly lack the capacity to fight for something they believe in. Just look at the flimsy excuse of saying your clients are important. What if the same executive brings down the whole judiciary into nothing but a dog that can only bark and not bite will your clients still be important?
Its clear we have crossed the red line into pure unadulterated dictatorship and they are talking about clients. All right thinking persons should come out and fight this illegality.
We are not saying onnoghen is innocent all we are saying is the right channels must be followed in having him removed. We must resist those vampires hiding behind the brain dead President and show them they cannot bully everyone into submission. What stops them from waking up one day and telling you your rights have been suspended on the altar of national security or whatever? We have been seeing the traces and warning people but the zombified goons and their minions have refused to listen. It may favour you now but the same situation will surely return like a boomerang to bite you in the butt tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by kellyboo: 4:08pm On Jan 30, 2019
Great!
We can help you set up a mini solar plant in your home that can power your TV,fan,home theater, 4 bulbs, laptops, decoder/DVD and phones for minimum
10hours at a give away price of #160,000
free installation and delivery for clients in the mainland in lagos
Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by metro8032: 4:09pm On Jan 30, 2019
please we are tired of hearing CJN case,abeg make we hear word and focus on other issues
Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by Wahala90: 4:14pm On Jan 30, 2019

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by SmartMen: 4:14pm On Jan 30, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:
1) At this juncture it is common sense for Onnoghen to resign

2) It's wisdom for NBA not to be seen protecting unethical practice and respect the institution so as not to be classified as clowns.

3) The role NBA has played so far in the unfolding of events has shown that they're either bought already or President Buhari was right about them and I think many of them hiding will be fished out soon.

4) It's disappointing that those that are expected to protect and uphold the rule of law are the ones behaving like miscreants and learned tout.

5) NBA is gradually reducing its self worth and respect and I think they should listen to their higher rank at the NJC.

6) The law bodies and legal personalities protesting in support of Onnoghen should give Nigerians a clue that the judiciary system is indeed messed up.

7) Nigerians can see reasons why cases are taking years in court and no single prosecution by the factors revealing itself naturally as a result of the suspension Onnoghen
Isn't it an irony that you are mentioning rule of law that your savious buhari has repeatedly flaunt and disobeyed up to the recent suspension of the CJN?
Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by SEONaijaExpert: 4:15pm On Jan 30, 2019
SmartMen:
Isn't it an irony that you are mentioning rule of law that your savious buhari has repeatedly flaunt and disobeyed up to the recent suspension of the CJN?
State your case clearly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by EggSauce(m): 4:21pm On Jan 30, 2019
omooba969:

They know themselves and they're coming for you. grin

Do you mean the ig....grin
i no send you message o cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by SmartMen: 4:21pm On Jan 30, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:

State your case clearly
Did the suspension of the CJN follow rule of law? Did the detaining of Danksuki and Elzazaky follow rule of law after court granted them BAIL?

Look, someone will take over that post one day and Buhari will pay for his sins, possibly die in prison cos by then, he would be over 90 years old. What goes around comes around.
Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by Wahala90: 4:22pm On Jan 30, 2019
deomelo:
I love Lagos Judges I swear. They don't tolerate crooked and corrupt people, they jail corrupt people more than any other state in Nigeria, even Bode George fit testify..

They don't have time for your foolishness in Lagos.

grin grin

Yet Lagos has the highest number of mad people.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by AfonjaConehead: 4:23pm On Jan 30, 2019
rusher14:
PaChuwudi44 now.
Afonjas
grin
Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by 0koyibos: 4:26pm On Jan 30, 2019
StOla:

"Ajayi worker"
Verily I say unto you all, there is no difference between the police, the bar, and the bench.

They who populate our legal system are rotten to their soul.

Bro, did you attend KC?

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by afroxyz: 4:27pm On Jan 30, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:
1) At this juncture it is common sense for Onnoghen to resign

2) It's wisdom for NBA not to be seen protecting unethical practice and respect the institution so as not to be classified as clowns.

3) The role NBA has played so far in the unfolding of events has shown that they're either bought already or President Buhari was right about them and I think many of them hiding will be fished out soon.

4) It's disappointing that those that are expected to protect and uphold the rule of law are the ones behaving like miscreants and learned tout.

5) NBA is gradually reducing its self worth and respect and I think they should listen to their higher rank at the NJC.

6) The law bodies and legal personalities protesting in support of Onnoghen should give Nigerians a clue that the judiciary system is indeed messed up.

7) Nigerians can see reasons why cases are taking years in court and no single prosecution by the factors revealing itself naturally as a result of the suspension Onnoghen

for goodness sake what about the president that acted without due process? if the NBA does not checkmate this now, there would be recurring incidences. what type of one-sided analysis is this?
Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by SEONaijaExpert: 4:28pm On Jan 30, 2019
SmartMen:
Did the suspension of the CJN follow rule of law? Did the detaining of Danksuki and Elzazaky follow rule of law after court granted them BAIL?

Look, someone will take over that post one day and Buhari will pay for his sins, possibly die in prison cos by then, he would be over 90 years old. What goes around comes around.
Firstly, the suspension of Onnoghen followed the rule of law.

Secondly, some persons are threats to national security and keeping them for more interrogation has a provision under law.

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by 0koyibos: 4:28pm On Jan 30, 2019
deomelo:
I love Lagos Judges I swear. They don't tolerate crooked and corrupt people, they jail corrupt people more than any other state in Nigeria, even Bode George fit testify..

They don't have time for your foolishness in Lagos.

grin grin

Lagos judges can deal with anybody.
That's how they sent Joseph Nwobike SAN to prison.

The NBA Ikeja chairman knew what he was doing when he ran out of the court. He would have been imprisoned for contempt.

3 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by SEONaijaExpert: 4:29pm On Jan 30, 2019
afroxyz:

for goodness sake what about the president that acted without due process? if the NBA does not checkmate this now, there would be recurring incidences. what type of one-sided analysis is this?
What's the due process pls?

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by afroxyz: 4:31pm On Jan 30, 2019
Afospecialk:

PDP never again

PMB till 2023

wasted sperm.

N100 Gold circle could have solved this problem
Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by summygee1: 4:32pm On Jan 30, 2019
Why won't they resist? They know he is a Non-Executive member of PDP.

He attended the PDP caucus meeting held in Dubai to strategies on 2019 elections.

God save us....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by afroxyz: 4:33pm On Jan 30, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:

What's the due process pls?

I'm sorry for even mentioning you. It's obvious you have pressurized air encased in your skull

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by afonjay: 4:38pm On Jan 30, 2019
shevchenko:
Yoruba people will never accept this decision because they are very afraid of ibos
this is one of the reasons why IBO can not be allowed to step into office of president in nigeria. Both big and small among them. Their AIMS are I before any others. Greedy ppl.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Judge Resists Nba’s Attempt To Disrupt Proceedings by StOla: 4:40pm On Jan 30, 2019
0koyibos:

Bro, did you attend KC?

Not at all ooo. But had siblings who attended other unity schools.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria / Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) / Wike And Aregbesola's Funny Encounter At Governor's Forum Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.