Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,915 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) (37432 Views)

Why Is Nobody Walking For Atiku Anywhere? / Saraki Speaks On ‘stepping Down’ For Atiku / Wole Soyinka: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Atiku In 2003 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by emerged01(m): 9:08pm On Jan 30, 2019
Baba iyabo fear God!
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by Neoteny(m): 9:32pm On Jan 30, 2019
"He reiterated that he stood firmly by whatever he said in the past about Atiku and indeed President Buhari."

Soooo......Atiku is still corrupt, dishonest and a thief
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by bizzibodi(m): 9:32pm On Jan 30, 2019
PoliticsNigeria:
@POLITICSNGR

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Wednesday said he could vouch for the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to reposition the country.

PoliticsNGR learned that Obasanjo made the statement in Lagos while speaking at the 2019 Island Club Quarterly Business Lecture. Abubakar had earlier delivered his lecture themed: “My vision to get Nigeria Working again”.

Obasanjo, in his remark said he believed that Atiku had the experience, the capacity and passion to move the country forward.

He said Nigerians should no longer find his support for the former vice president strange going by what he said or wrote about him in the past.

He reiterated that he stood firmly by whatever he said in the past about Atiku and indeed President Buhari.

He, however, said the PDP candidate had demonstrated what was expected of a committed and sincere leader by owing up to his past mistakes and showing remorse.

Obasanjo added that Atiku had not only apologised to his political party and the nation, but also apologised to him for the past disagreements he made as his deputy.

He said that Atiku was not infallible like every other human being and that he, (Obasanjo) would be playing God by not forgiving the former Vice-President.

“I have been called names because of my position on Atiku Abubakar, the Waziri Adamawa.

“Everything I have said as far as I have knowledge of Atiku, I have not retracted and I stand firmly by them because they are to the best of my knowledge true.

“And neither has what I have said and written about Buhari been controverted, if anything, they have been confirmed and proved beyond any shadow of doubt.

“But Atiku has done things which are absolutely imperative for a leader to be followed and believed.

“First, know who you are and present yourself as you are – a human being in blood and flesh and susceptible to human mistakes and human frailties.

“Don’t cover up with sanctimonious veneer of bogus integrity, incorruptibility, uprightness, goodness and false figures and statistics, all of which are contrived to deceive, to cheat, to plunder and to destroy.

“Atiku never claimed to be a saint and I never described him as such. I will never so describe any human being alive let alone calling him a Messiah.

“On an occasion in the past when I said that someone was not a Messiah, some Nigerians out of bad “belle’’ were up in arms.

“For me, as a Christian, the only Messiah I know and have is Jesus Christ and even then, the man aspect of Him was imperfect while the divine aspect of Him was perfectly messianic.

“Secondly, a leader must be honest to himself and to the people he serves or he wants to serve.

“He must identify and acknowledge his situation, mistakes, shortcomings and inadequacy; show remorse where and when he has erred, seek forgiveness and repent; and not passing the bulk or keep blaming others and fail to accept responsibility.

“Atiku accepts responsibility for his mistakes, shows remorse and seeks forgiveness from his political party and subsequently from Nigerians.

“He asks for forgiveness from me and as a believer, a Christian as such, I forgave him in accordance with the teaching and instruction of my Saviour.

“For, if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly father will also forgive you.

“But if you do not forgive men their sins, your father will not forgive your sins (Matt 6:14-15 NIV).

“If anybody blames me for forgiving Atiku, I leave such a person with God Almighty, especially as both Christian and Islamic clerics joined Atiku to visit me to seek forgiveness.

“Anybody who does not forgive when forgiveness is sought with contrite heart cannot be a true believer and should not expect the forgiveness of God,” he said.

He said past disagreements notwithstanding, Atiku demonstrated great leadership qualities when he was in office as Vice-President.

Obasanjo said he believed with the experience and courage of Abubakar, he remained the best candidate to move the country forward.

“I must reiterate that Atiku is not a saint. Who is? But from what I know of Atiku, he will be a performer in all respect. I can say that again from my personal experience.

“He knows the problems and he handled some of them in the past.

“We now know that both Buhari and Atiku have issues and all of us as human beings have one issue or the other in different magnitudes.

“But judging both of them empirically and for the task at hand, Atiku will perform much better than Buhari.

“And he will seek for good and able people around the country and beyond and make use of them to achieve his mission and vision for the general good of Nigerians and the country,” he said.

Obasanjo claimed that the state of affairs under All Progressives Congress (APC) had been disappointing and called on the citizens to effect a change with their votes.

He also commended Island Club for providing the platform for leaders to articulate their visions for the country through the lecture.

He said the series of the Club’s lecture had helped enriched discourse on nation-building.

https://politicsngr.com/just-can-vouch-atiku-anywhere-obasanjo-reasons/
So all d allegations u raised agst Atiku in "your watch" is a big lie!U hav to publicly apologise to Atiku & Nigerians & burnt the useless books.

1 Like

Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by GoldHorse(m): 9:33pm On Jan 30, 2019
Baba OBJ is confused! Sai Baba na hin cause am... grin
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by NEIGHBOUR(m): 9:33pm On Jan 30, 2019
Any man who could sleep with his son's wife should never be taken serious on any issue. That is my take.
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by farmerking: 9:34pm On Jan 30, 2019
deboysben:
Atiku is ever ready for presidency with his plans to get Nigeria working again
The Bible of your version ignoramus
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by BobJames1(f): 9:39pm On Jan 30, 2019
Obasanjo is surely a bastard as far as I know. I wonder how many millions of dollars ha e been transferred to his coffers. Such a shame.

1 Like

Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by bizzibodi(m): 9:39pm On Jan 30, 2019
AngelicBeing:
grin
This chimp is a joker.
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by ofuonyebi: 9:58pm On Jan 30, 2019
OBJ!.. OBJ!!..OBJ!!!...I called you 3-times....you have sold you soul and conscience...because of zeal to acquire more of the Nigerian wealth

go and read what you wrote and published about Atiku in "my Watch"....written and signed by you...Nigeria is not a 2-days old baby

go and tell your new found alliance to the birds of the birds of the forest...

1 Like

Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by seangy4konji: 10:35pm On Jan 30, 2019
Sakamaje:
It's funny hearing OBJ try to speak positively about Atiku's person. As a matter of fact it sounds really really weird considering how much he has decimated and done more damage to his character than any other person alive.
I don't know u deh there. Same obasanjo that went to report atiku to USA. Spoilt his name all over that time. This old men. Nigeria will never grow if they continue to lead Us.
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by maasoap(m): 10:40pm On Jan 30, 2019
“Everything I have said as far as I have knowledge of Atiku, I have not retracted and I stand firmly by them because they are to the best of my knowledge true.

Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by oneunited(m): 10:47pm On Jan 30, 2019
PoliticsNigeria:
@POLITICSNGR

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Wednesday said he could vouch for the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to reposition the country.

PoliticsNGR learned that Obasanjo made the statement in Lagos while speaking at the 2019 Island Club Quarterly Business Lecture. Abubakar had earlier delivered his lecture themed: “My vision to get Nigeria Working again”.

Obasanjo, in his remark said he believed that Atiku had the experience, the capacity and passion to move the country forward.

He said Nigerians should no longer find his support for the former vice president strange going by what he said or wrote about him in the past.

He reiterated that he stood firmly by whatever he said in the past about Atiku and indeed President Buhari.

He, however, said the PDP candidate had demonstrated what was expected of a committed and sincere leader by owing up to his past mistakes and showing remorse.

Obasanjo added that Atiku had not only apologised to his political party and the nation, but also apologised to him for the past disagreements he made as his deputy.

He said that Atiku was not infallible like every other human being and that he, (Obasanjo) would be playing God by not forgiving the former Vice-President.

“I have been called names because of my position on Atiku Abubakar, the Waziri Adamawa.

“And neither has what I have said and written about Buhari been controverted, if anything, they have been confirmed and proved beyond any shadow of doubt.

“But Atiku has done things which are absolutely imperative for a leader to be followed and believed.

“First, know who you are and present yourself as you are – a human being in blood and flesh and susceptible to human mistakes and human frailties.

“Don’t cover up with sanctimonious veneer of bogus integrity, incorruptibility, uprightness, goodness and false figures and statistics, all of which are contrived to deceive, to cheat, to plunder and to destroy.

“Atiku never claimed to be a saint and I never described him as such. I will never so describe any human being alive let alone calling him a Messiah.

“On an occasion in the past when I said that someone was not a Messiah, some Nigerians out of bad “belle’’ were up in arms.

“For me, as a Christian, the only Messiah I know and have is Jesus Christ and even then, the man aspect of Him was imperfect while the divine aspect of Him was perfectly messianic.

“Secondly, a leader must be honest to himself and to the people he serves or he wants to serve.

“He must identify and acknowledge his situation, mistakes, shortcomings and inadequacy; show remorse where and when he has erred, seek forgiveness and repent; and not passing the bulk or keep blaming others and fail to accept responsibility.

“Atiku accepts responsibility for his mistakes, shows remorse and seeks forgiveness from his political party and subsequently from Nigerians.

“He asks for forgiveness from me and as a believer, a Christian as such, I forgave him in accordance with the teaching and instruction of my Saviour.

“For, if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly father will also forgive you.

“But if you do not forgive men their sins, your father will not forgive your sins (Matt 6:14-15 NIV).

“If anybody blames me for forgiving Atiku, I leave such a person with God Almighty, especially as both Christian and Islamic clerics joined Atiku to visit me to seek forgiveness.

“Anybody who does not forgive when forgiveness is sought with contrite heart cannot be a true believer and should not expect the forgiveness of God,” he said.

He said past disagreements notwithstanding, Atiku demonstrated great leadership qualities when he was in office as Vice-President.

Obasanjo said he believed with the experience and courage of Abubakar, he remained the best candidate to move the country forward.

“I must reiterate that Atiku is not a saint. Who is? But from what I know of Atiku, he will be a performer in all respect. I can say that again from my personal experience.

“He knows the problems and he handled some of them in the past.

“We now know that both Buhari and Atiku have issues and all of us as human beings have one issue or the other in different magnitudes.

“But judging both of them empirically and for the task at hand, Atiku will perform much better than Buhari.

“And he will seek for good and able people around the country and beyond and make use of them to achieve his mission and vision for the general good of Nigerians and the country,” he said.

Obasanjo claimed that the state of affairs under All Progressives Congress (APC) had been disappointing and called on the citizens to effect a change with their votes.

He also commended Island Club for providing the platform for leaders to articulate their visions for the country through the lecture.

He said the series of the Club’s lecture had helped enriched discourse on nation-building.

https://politicsngr.com/just-can-vouch-atiku-anywhere-obasanjo-reasons/
If not for the corrupt system you and your cohorts put in Nigeria,you would have been in jail since you left office.you are the most corrupt president in Nigerian democracy, as I type these lines I'm in darkness,yet you spent $16 billon on power in 8years. Please where can we see the Atiku apology to Nigeria for his past misdid as you claimed?? Has Buhari bribe NASS with billions for 3rd tenure,far from it. Animal like you even did 2nd term and yet bribing for a 3rd term,baba agbaya!!!

You think Buhari is like Goodluck you and your clowns pocketed,where is Allison? Baba Agbaya,please get ready for your political retirement and jail at old age in 2019.

Please write another book or revise "My Watch" and reverse those words you used against Atiku because you sensed him to be a big competitor in corruption that most not outsmart you,after then you may get some credibility from Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by luluosas(m): 10:51pm On Jan 30, 2019
OBJ, you are an occultic man and you have never been a Christian in all your life till this minute. You have only been hiding under the clog of Christianity to deceive people. Didn't your Bible tells you that not all who says Lord, Lord, shall inherit the kingdom of God? You are one of the people calling Jesus Lord with your lips, but your heart is satanic.
For your information, Jesus Christ was perfect in His entire life here on earth as a human being who came not by the will of man.
You can support Atiku for all you like, but please, don't bring divinity into your support for Atiku because you certainly don't know what you just said below. What a desperate corrupt element seeking protection from a corrupt fellow!
OBJ, be warned!

Hebrews 4:15
For we don't have a high priest who can't be touched with the feeling of our infirmities, but one who has been in all points tempted like we are, yet without sin. World English Bible

Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by kareemkamil(m): 10:59pm On Jan 30, 2019
Yes, u can vouch Atiku because he's your inmate thief.
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by kbbanj10(m): 11:16pm On Jan 30, 2019
Ah Baba Obasanjo I take God beg you, please fear God now. Sincerely I want to believe, not that Obasanjo love Atiku but because baba can't just stay out of power for a moment is the reason he's rooting for Atiku. Somebody you called a thief...etc baba baba.
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by Pizzle1234(m): 11:40pm On Jan 30, 2019
Zombies will never think of restructuring,all they know is calling Atiku a thief.. If i may ask,is buhari holy? I doubt if they can prove that
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by Vivianagoja(m): 12:00am On Jan 31, 2019
Politics. ... Is really a game of interest
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by Borderless: 1:51am On Jan 31, 2019
muffyt05:
Nor be same Obasanjo again, it's only someone who doesn't know him that'll take him serious. Obasanjo lacks all moral justification to criticize any government in Nigeria as he one if the founding fathers of corruption in Naija. But then, this speech will definitely appeal to his audience

Sane Nigerians dancing on your cracked skull.

Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by paparazzi1987(m): 4:04am On Jan 31, 2019
this Obasanjo na weyrey and old fool grin
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by muffyt05: 6:37am On Jan 31, 2019
Borderless:

Sane Nigerians dancing on your cracked skull.

You're such a dunce, what correlation does your picture have with my post?
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by DrWellbeing: 6:50am On Jan 31, 2019
Vouching for Atiku is not the problem but asking him to return all the money he accrued to himself and also baba too should do the same by returning all the hectares of land he planned of using for operation feed the nation turned to Obasanjo farms Nigeria, later Obasanjo holdings limited.
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by Ayobami7(m): 8:32am On Jan 31, 2019
我什么都没
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by Lanre0: 8:50am On Jan 31, 2019
A thief vouching for a thief. Using public fund to build universities of your own is enough to put both of you in jail for life. Hell awaits both of u.
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by CodeTemplar: 8:55am On Jan 31, 2019
biosilicon:
Lol. These are the calibre of men that have brought Nigeria to where it is today. And somebody will say they dont deserve to be insulted. Even at his old age still no honour. Bunch of self-serving lying bastards.

That your stupid book should be burned the world over. Rubbish.
Stop talking like a bigot.
Has any party performed better so far? Hasn't APC failed enough for you to have sense to tell them?
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by CodeTemplar: 9:10am On Jan 31, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:
1) The same Obasanjo couldn't support Atiku because he knew his ways are not sincere as former vice-president.

2) The same Obasanjo torn PDP membership card and accused them of fraudulent and manipulative politics.

3) The same man listed the atrocities of Atiku while he was his vice-president.

All of a sudden, Obasanjo has chosen to endorse a tricky man, a looter and a bad product to Nigerians.

No matter the amount that might have exchanged hands or the promised made, well meaning Nigerians should resist this suspicious change of mind by the old man.

This won't give birth to anything good if we allow it.
Do you guys think at all before typing? So in your hate darkened brains you expect Nigerians to take allegations of corruption against Atiku more seriously than the fact that Buhari is a known coup plotter and direct beneficiary of a coup?
We should also overlook the fact herdsmen have suddenly become bold because of Buhari who has remained as silent as possible about it?
We should also allow him buy votes while investors desert Nigeria due to lack of social amenities?
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by IbrahimDamola: 9:23am On Jan 31, 2019
God bless Baba Iyabo. Zombies go cry die.
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by Charlesfixed210: 9:29am On Jan 31, 2019
SEE BELOW

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Will Leave Abuja Tomorrow, For Malta / Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m / How Cabal Caged Osinbajo, Fowler Via EFCC Probes; To Bury Tinubu’s 2023 Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.