Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,382 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) (37412 Views)

Why Is Nobody Walking For Atiku Anywhere? / Saraki Speaks On ‘stepping Down’ For Atiku / Wole Soyinka: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Atiku In 2003 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by Asshurbanipall: 7:27pm On Jan 30, 2019
Cool
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by EmekaBlue(m): 7:27pm On Jan 30, 2019
afonja biggest snake

he is here and there....

old man go rest
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by contigiency(m): 7:28pm On Jan 30, 2019
Double standard master obasanjo. Don't worry we have taken the first one you told us about how corrupt he is and his penchant to always buy his way through bribery. You even told us that his crime against this country were too much to ignore. So Why embarace your old age with statements like this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by Boyooosa(m): 7:28pm On Jan 30, 2019
The only obvious prophecy is that by February 17, some people will say 'I no tell u?' and some will say 'WAYO!' in Bovi's voice. grin

3 Likes

Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by Okoroawusa: 7:28pm On Jan 30, 2019
Obasanjo just said that the things he has been saying about Atiku being a thief n corrupt is true n he will never retract him.However, we should make Atiku our President because he(Obasanjo) has forgiven him.

Obasanjo just took us for fools in this country.

See twisting of words n scriptures!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by banio: 7:29pm On Jan 30, 2019
Buhari is now brain death. Atikulation is now a national duty.
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by Deepthoughts: 7:29pm On Jan 30, 2019
PoliticsNigeria:
@POLITICSNGR

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Wednesday said he could vouch for the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to reposition the country.

PoliticsNGR learned that Obasanjo made the statement in Lagos while speaking at the 2019 Island Club Quarterly Business Lecture. Abubakar had earlier delivered his lecture themed: “My vision to get Nigeria Working again”.

Obasanjo, in his remark said he believed that Atiku had the experience, the capacity and passion to move the country forward.

He said Nigerians should no longer find his support for the former vice president strange going by what he said or wrote about him in the past.

He reiterated that he stood firmly by whatever he said in the past about Atiku and indeed President Buhari.

He, however, said the PDP candidate had demonstrated what was expected of a committed and sincere leader by owing up to his past mistakes and showing remorse.

Obasanjo added that Atiku had not only apologised to his political party and the nation, but also apologised to him for the past disagreements he made as his deputy.

He said that Atiku was not infallible like every other human being and that he, (Obasanjo) would be playing God by not forgiving the former Vice-President.

“I have been called names because of my position on Atiku Abubakar, the Waziri Adamawa.

“Everything I have said as far as I have knowledge of Atiku, I have not retracted and I stand firmly by them because they are to the best of my knowledge true.

“And neither has what I have said and written about Buhari been controverted, if anything, they have been confirmed and proved beyond any shadow of doubt.

“But Atiku has done things which are absolutely imperative for a leader to be followed and believed.

“First, know who you are and present yourself as you are – a human being in blood and flesh and susceptible to human mistakes and human frailties.

“Don’t cover up with sanctimonious veneer of bogus integrity, incorruptibility, uprightness, goodness and false figures and statistics, all of which are contrived to deceive, to cheat, to plunder and to destroy.

“Atiku never claimed to be a saint and I never described him as such. I will never so describe any human being alive let alone calling him a Messiah.

“On an occasion in the past when I said that someone was not a Messiah, some Nigerians out of bad “belle’’ were up in arms.

“For me, as a Christian, the only Messiah I know and have is Jesus Christ and even then, the man aspect of Him was imperfect while the divine aspect of Him was perfectly messianic.

“Secondly, a leader must be honest to himself and to the people he serves or he wants to serve.

“He must identify and acknowledge his situation, mistakes, shortcomings and inadequacy; show remorse where and when he has erred, seek forgiveness and repent; and not passing the bulk or keep blaming others and fail to accept responsibility.

“Atiku accepts responsibility for his mistakes, shows remorse and seeks forgiveness from his political party and subsequently from Nigerians.

“He asks for forgiveness from me and as a believer, a Christian as such, I forgave him in accordance with the teaching and instruction of my Saviour.

“For, if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly father will also forgive you.

“But if you do not forgive men their sins, your father will not forgive your sins (Matt 6:14-15 NIV).

“If anybody blames me for forgiving Atiku, I leave such a person with God Almighty, especially as both Christian and Islamic clerics joined Atiku to visit me to seek forgiveness.

“Anybody who does not forgive when forgiveness is sought with contrite heart cannot be a true believer and should not expect the forgiveness of God,” he said.

He said past disagreements notwithstanding, Atiku demonstrated great leadership qualities when he was in office as Vice-President.

Obasanjo said he believed with the experience and courage of Abubakar, he remained the best candidate to move the country forward.

“I must reiterate that Atiku is not a saint. Who is? But from what I know of Atiku, he will be a performer in all respect. I can say that again from my personal experience.

“He knows the problems and he handled some of them in the past.

“We now know that both Buhari and Atiku have issues and all of us as human beings have one issue or the other in different magnitudes.

“But judging both of them empirically and for the task at hand, Atiku will perform much better than Buhari.

“And he will seek for good and able people around the country and beyond and make use of them to achieve his mission and vision for the general good of Nigerians and the country,” he said.

Obasanjo claimed that the state of affairs under All Progressives Congress (APC) had been disappointing and called on the citizens to effect a change with their votes.

He also commended Island Club for providing the platform for leaders to articulate their visions for the country through the lecture.

He said the series of the Club’s lecture had helped enriched discourse on nation-building.

https://politicsngr.com/just-can-vouch-atiku-anywhere-obasanjo-reasons/
Good, Obasanjo has spoken,now those that are always so quick to believe his past uterances about Atiku n reference it to cast aspersions should now also believe him n reference this great revelations to support Atiku, henceforth any one that still refers to the past is an unbelieving hypocrite that wouldn't be forgiven.
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by id911(m): 7:29pm On Jan 30, 2019
Okoroawusa:
Obasanjo just said that the things he has been saying about Atiku being a thief n corrupt is true n he will never retract him.However, we should make Atiku our President because he(Obasanjo) has forgiven him.

Obasanjo just took us for fools in this country.

See twisting of words n scriptures!

You never start to wail, better keep it until when Atikulate enter Aso Rock

1 Like

Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by Lahmeda(m): 7:29pm On Jan 30, 2019
Baba Iyabo there is no amount of propagandist you spilled out would make me believe you after which you have be tested and untrusted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by olajizz01(m): 7:30pm On Jan 30, 2019
Corrupt father is vouching for corrupt son,

Truely,only guilty were afraid.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by sleemomymy: 7:30pm On Jan 30, 2019
OBASANJO! THIS IS KIND OF LEADER WE SHOULD TRY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TO DO AWAY WITH IN THIS COUNTRY. THE LEADER THAT MORTGAGE OUR FUTURE FOR THEIR SELFISH REASON. BEAUSE OF OIL BLOCK OBASANJO. GOD DEY O CHAI! CHAI!! CHAI!!!.
IN BUHARI TRUST TILL 2023. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by Okwuuu: 7:36pm On Jan 30, 2019
deboysben:
Atiku is ever ready for presidency with his plans to get Nigeria working again
Definetly ,Atiku is the best option
all these wailers and BMC zombies will
Not see through because of an IQ of
O.05%
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by FocusedDiva(f): 7:37pm On Jan 30, 2019
Someone has gone senile.
Seriously.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by animalscientist(m): 7:40pm On Jan 30, 2019
February 2019

S M T W T F S
1 2

3 4 5 6 7 8 9

10 11 12 13 � � *ATIKU*

17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by bkool7(m): 7:42pm On Jan 30, 2019
Binikingdowm:
I wish Atiku can really do restructuring, that will be the best thing that will ever happen to Nigeria..

No ethnic group will care about presidency again

A president can do nothing about restructuring but lobby the NASS to amend the constitution to accommodate it.

The power to restructure lies with the NASS

1 Like

Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 30, 2019
Words on marble.
I respect OBJ for this. Atiku is surely a lesser evil when compared to Buhari especially in the aspect of working with best hands and not claiming holier than Christ himself.
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by BrainSanitizer: 7:51pm On Jan 30, 2019
I stand with#Atikulate
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by mysteryman2014: 7:54pm On Jan 30, 2019
No wahala Atiku Will be forgiven once he makes restitution, at least that is scriptural, as Pastor Obj was justifying from the Bible
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by Tareq1105: 7:56pm On Jan 30, 2019
StOla:
Did Obasanjo just mention "Atiku" and "vouch" as a concord rather than a discord he had been propagating for the past 12yrs?

Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by ipobarecriminals: 7:56pm On Jan 30, 2019
shocked confusionist.
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by Tareq1105: 8:00pm On Jan 30, 2019
bkool7:

A president can do nothing about restructuring but lobby the NASS to amend the constitution to accommodate it.

The power to restructure lies with the NASS

Restructuring in whose favour and interest?

In favor of the South against the interest of the North?

I can't be deceived.

1 Like

Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by Orpe7(m): 8:16pm On Jan 30, 2019
You both are armed robbers.
Bonnie and Clyde
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by Peridotushers18: 8:16pm On Jan 30, 2019
I stand with atiku
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by focus7: 8:23pm On Jan 30, 2019
EmmyDJourno:
Wetin remain Na make thunder fire Obj angry

Does he think we are fools

The same man that said God would not forgive him if he ever endorsed Atiku, is now coming to spill shit

The same man who put all his workers from Ota Farm to Bells Oil and Gas and schools under the pay roll of the Fed Govt until Buhari stopped it

This one na Demon abeg.......Prison to all of them after the elections angry

No he doesn't think we are fools but he knows some people are fools.
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by Lilbell: 8:24pm On Jan 30, 2019
Obj ........ Forget this political talk abeg...... The same man you condemned....... Has suddenly changed? If I could remember, it's easier to change the shape of a mountain than for a man to change
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by Borderless: 8:25pm On Jan 30, 2019
StOla:
Did Obasanjo just mention "Atiku" and "vouch" as a concord rather than a discord he had been propagating for the past 12yrs?

You guys should be smart enough to know that this your “Atiku Thief” thing isn’t working any longer.

It’s getting too dry. Why not look for something else?

Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by Borderless: 8:29pm On Jan 30, 2019
enemyofprogress:
OK

ON A LIGHTER MOOD: Somebody cannot even buy broom in peace from the market again. Everybody will just be looking at you with bad eye � ��‍♂

Broom Party don cast.

Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by agarawu23(m): 8:29pm On Jan 30, 2019
Shameless old ota man, we didn't forget what u told us about Atiku, you made us know the real Atiku below tongue

1 Like

Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by RealityShot: 8:32pm On Jan 30, 2019
OBASANJO HAS ONLY ONE GOAL:
?
TO MAKE NIGERIANS SUFFER for denying him 3RD TERM.

look at all the people he has endorsed and put in power since.

LET US VOTE AGAINST OBASABJO FOR ONCE.

VOTE BUHARI for continuity

2 Likes

Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by Mosco100(m): 8:37pm On Jan 30, 2019
PROVERBS 6 : 1 My son, if thou be surety for thy friend, if thou hast stricken thy hand with a stranger, 2 Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth. 3 Do this now, my son, deliver thyself, when thou art come into the hand of thy friend; go, humble thyself, and make sure thy friend. 4 Give not sleep to thine eyes, nor slumber to thine eyelids. 5 Deliver thyself as a roe from the hand of the hunter, and as a bird from the hand of the fowler.
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by ejimatic: 8:37pm On Jan 30, 2019
PoliticsNigeria:
@POLITICSNGR

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Wednesday said he could vouch for the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to reposition the country.

PoliticsNGR learned that Obasanjo made the statement in Lagos while speaking at the 2019 Island Club Quarterly Business Lecture. Abubakar had earlier delivered his lecture themed: “My vision to get Nigeria Working again”.

Obasanjo, in his remark said he believed that Atiku had the experience, the capacity and passion to move the country forward.

He said Nigerians should no longer find his support for the former vice president strange going by what he said or wrote about him in the past.

He reiterated that he stood firmly by whatever he said in the past about Atiku and indeed President Buhari.

He, however, said the PDP candidate had demonstrated what was expected of a committed and sincere leader by owing up to his past mistakes and showing remorse.

Obasanjo added that Atiku had not only apologised to his political party and the nation, but also apologised to him for the past disagreements he made as his deputy.

He said that Atiku was not infallible like every other human being and that he, (Obasanjo) would be playing God by not forgiving the former Vice-President.

“I have been called names because of my position on Atiku Abubakar, the Waziri Adamawa.

“Everything I have said as far as I have knowledge of Atiku, I have not retracted and I stand firmly by them because they are to the best of my knowledge true.

“And neither has what I have said and written about Buhari been controverted, if anything, they have been confirmed and proved beyond any shadow of doubt.

“But Atiku has done things which are absolutely imperative for a leader to be followed and believed.

“First, know who you are and present yourself as you are – a human being in blood and flesh and susceptible to human mistakes and human frailties.

“Don’t cover up with sanctimonious veneer of bogus integrity, incorruptibility, uprightness, goodness and false figures and statistics, all of which are contrived to deceive, to cheat, to plunder and to destroy.

“Atiku never claimed to be a saint and I never described him as such. I will never so describe any human being alive let alone calling him a Messiah.

“On an occasion in the past when I said that someone was not a Messiah, some Nigerians out of bad “belle’’ were up in arms.

“For me, as a Christian, the only Messiah I know and have is Jesus Christ and even then, the man aspect of Him was imperfect while the divine aspect of Him was perfectly messianic.

“Secondly, a leader must be honest to himself and to the people he serves or he wants to serve.

“He must identify and acknowledge his situation, mistakes, shortcomings and inadequacy; show remorse where and when he has erred, seek forgiveness and repent; and not passing the bulk or keep blaming others and fail to accept responsibility.

“Atiku accepts responsibility for his mistakes, shows remorse and seeks forgiveness from his political party and subsequently from Nigerians.

“He asks for forgiveness from me and as a believer, a Christian as such, I forgave him in accordance with the teaching and instruction of my Saviour.

“For, if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly father will also forgive you.

“But if you do not forgive men their sins, your father will not forgive your sins (Matt 6:14-15 NIV).

“If anybody blames me for forgiving Atiku, I leave such a person with God Almighty, especially as both Christian and Islamic clerics joined Atiku to visit me to seek forgiveness.

“Anybody who does not forgive when forgiveness is sought with contrite heart cannot be a true believer and should not expect the forgiveness of God,” he said.

He said past disagreements notwithstanding, Atiku demonstrated great leadership qualities when he was in office as Vice-President.

Obasanjo said he believed with the experience and courage of Abubakar, he remained the best candidate to move the country forward.

“I must reiterate that Atiku is not a saint. Who is? But from what I know of Atiku, he will be a performer in all respect. I can say that again from my personal experience.

“He knows the problems and he handled some of them in the past.

“We now know that both Buhari and Atiku have issues and all of us as human beings have one issue or the other in different magnitudes.

“But judging both of them empirically and for the task at hand, Atiku will perform much better than Buhari.

“And he will seek for good and able people around the country and beyond and make use of them to achieve his mission and vision for the general good of Nigerians and the country,” he said.

Obasanjo claimed that the state of affairs under All Progressives Congress (APC) had been disappointing and called on the citizens to effect a change with their votes.

He also commended Island Club for providing the platform for leaders to articulate their visions for the country through the lecture.

He said the series of the Club’s lecture had helped enriched discourse on nation-building.

https://politicsngr.com/just-can-vouch-atiku-anywhere-obasanjo-reasons/
. Only those born about ten years ago will read your thrash I will never read your reasons for vouching for Atiku. I Iknow all both of you did between 1997 and 2007.How you looted our money and how mismanagement of public fund led to your crisis. At a time you started fiighting Atiku over Globacom License with Halibut ton saga.We know how both of you siphoned our wealth.We know you don't want anybody to beat your record ....God is greater than you....You will be ashamed with your fellow thief in Febuaty....It is a matter of time.
Re: I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) by muffyt05: 9:00pm On Jan 30, 2019
Nor be same Obasanjo again, it's only someone who doesn't know him that'll take him serious. Obasanjo lacks all moral justification to criticize any government in Nigeria as he one if the founding fathers of corruption in Naija. But then, this speech will definitely appeal to his audience

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu / Picture Of The Female INEC Staff Who Died In A Bike Accident In Benue / Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.