Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,846 members, 7,817,507 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Help I Feel Am About To Be Exploited By Oyo State V.i.o And O.y.s.a.a. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help I Feel Am About To Be Exploited By Oyo State V.i.o And O.y.s.a.a. (2179 Views)

Custom In Delta Exploited Me / Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car / Don't Get EXPLOITED By Road Side Mechanics And Other Automobile Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help I Feel Am About To Be Exploited By Oyo State V.i.o And O.y.s.a.a. by klbakare(m): 11:35pm On Jan 30, 2019
Dear nairalanders kindly provide assistance for a struggling Nigerian. I am a young man trying to succeed legitimately, I presently drive a volkswagen T4 Bus with commercial number plate. I am a welder, a graduate Engineer and a contractor. I was at Ibadan for a small (civil) job, and had to move some granite I bought in bags from from Iyana-church area to ring road area. Unfortunately for me, I was accosted by a combined team of OYSAA men wearing reflectives and V.I.O men at dugbe. The OYSA people said I ought to have a permit, even after I told them it’s a Lagos bus. Am surprised because I do not have any signage on my bus. Then the V.I.O requested for my vehicle papers which I presented together with the photocopy of my driver’s licence. He asked after my hackney permit which I don’t have. I was taken to their office at eleyele and fined for lack of hackney permit. A fine of ₦15000. It’s ridiculous and I feel am being cheated especially because there is no standard list of fines like FRSC have it. Please can anybody help me verify if that is the real penalty? And should a bus without any signage on it pay for OYSAA?

MODS please help push this to front page, an hardworking Nigerian is about to be fleeced!

When I reached the VIO office at eleyele, I saw people being given fine tickets from the pigeon hole, and after much begging of a certain superior officer who they called their boss, he will cancel the price written on the ticket and write a lesser one. Am surprised, is it supposed to be that way? Are the fines supposed to be something one man will just unilaterally decide upon? Isn’t there supposed to be a standard list of fines and penalties. Please help on these issues!!!!! I have attached a photograph of the fine.

P.S: i called the customer service number on the bottom of that fine to check the authenticity of the billing, it was an aboki that picked the call and was saying nonsense. he eventually managed to tell me its a wrong number. IS THIS NOT A SHAME FOR AN AGENCY OF GOVERNMENT IN NIGERIA?

Re: Help I Feel Am About To Be Exploited By Oyo State V.i.o And O.y.s.a.a. by Tenn88: 12:21am On Jan 31, 2019
Abeg mods should help this man push the thread to FP as quickly as possible
Re: Help I Feel Am About To Be Exploited By Oyo State V.i.o And O.y.s.a.a. by alphaNomega: 4:55am On Jan 31, 2019
This money they collect as fines will end up in the hands of ashewo last last.

At the end of the day, salaries would be owed, zero innovation in the state, if you can explain how such monies are being spent I will be happy to read it.
Re: Help I Feel Am About To Be Exploited By Oyo State V.i.o And O.y.s.a.a. by Alexgray(m): 6:42am On Jan 31, 2019
Since you use a commercial number plate,you ought to have hackney permit.i wonder who processed your documents without it.i believe there is a fine for that.the amount I cant lay my hands on at the moment.i don't think you have any business with oysaa.they just want to fleece you of your money
Re: Help I Feel Am About To Be Exploited By Oyo State V.i.o And O.y.s.a.a. by klbakare(m): 7:37am On Jan 31, 2019
Alexgray:
Since you use a commercial number plate,you ought to have hackney permit.i wonder who processed your documents without it.i believe there is a fine for that.the amount I cant lay my hands on at the moment.i don't think you have any business with oysaa.they just want to fleece you of your money
I did the vehicle papers at Vio/FRSC office odongunyan, ikorodu. And the people at auto reg said there was no hackney permit on the bus before. That I can leave it. My major concern should fines be just awarded by any how person based on his/her personal discretion? Should it not be public like the FRSC Own?
Re: Help I Feel Am About To Be Exploited By Oyo State V.i.o And O.y.s.a.a. by Alexgray(m): 8:35am On Jan 31, 2019
[quote
=klbakare post=75279909] I did the vehicle papers at Vio/FRSC office odongunyan, ikorodu. And the people at auto reg said there was no hackney permit on the bus before. That I can leave it. My major concern should fines be just awarded by any how person based on his/her personal discretion? Should it not be public like the FRSC Own?[/quote]

This is Nigeria...you know the rest
Re: Help I Feel Am About To Be Exploited By Oyo State V.i.o And O.y.s.a.a. by ibroh22(m): 10:57am On Jan 31, 2019
Pele aburo
Re: Help I Feel Am About To Be Exploited By Oyo State V.i.o And O.y.s.a.a. by badoh(m): 5:50pm On Jan 31, 2019
Oga, do you know any military personnel. Pls engage them. Those guys are stupid and need to be thoroughly beaten. Na so dem exploit me too. I repeat, go get soldiers to deal with them.
Re: Help I Feel Am About To Be Exploited By Oyo State V.i.o And O.y.s.a.a. by klbakare(m): 3:24pm On Feb 02, 2019
badoh:
Oga, do you know any military personnel. Pls engage them. Those guys are stupid and need to be thoroughly beaten. Na so dem exploit me too. I repeat, go get soldiers to deal with them.
e no easy to know people for this life. A don pay the fine sha. Na long story.
Re: Help I Feel Am About To Be Exploited By Oyo State V.i.o And O.y.s.a.a. by Timagex(m): 10:14pm On Feb 02, 2019
This same country that I was stopped by police officers for driving without a licence, gave them #200 and I literally passed. cool They even greeted me on my way back. cheesy. Nothing is new there. May God save us... sad

(1) (Reply)

2011 Brilliance Splendor / Ride From LAGOS To ABEOKUTA/OGUN For As Low As 800naira? / *ford Focus Sport Edition 2007...800k Last...very Low Mileage...112,000

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.