Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,530 members, 7,954,991 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:48 PM

Nbc Sanctions Nta, Ait, Channels, Tvc Over Hate Speech - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nbc Sanctions Nta, Ait, Channels, Tvc Over Hate Speech (20701 Views)

NBC Sanctions Brekete Family Radio For Recurring Unprofessional Conduct / NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting / Updated: NBC Sanctions AIT, NTA, Channels, And Others-threatens Outright Closure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nbc Sanctions Nta, Ait, Channels, Tvc Over Hate Speech by 9jaRealist: 12:42am On Feb 01, 2019
naptu2:

You completely ignored what my post was about and then went on a long rant about something totally different. Her question was whether the NBC will sanction the politicians and my answer was that the NBC does not regulate or license politicians so it can't sanction them. Rather it regulates and broadcasters and therefore those are the people that it can sanction.

I gave an example to show that the Canadian broadcasters regulator sanctioned the TV station, rather than Mike Tyson, because it does not regulate Mike Tyson.

Are you saying that the NBC regulates politicians?? shocked

Noted, but still leaves the impression that so-called “hate speech” is regulated and it is merely a question of who gets sanctioned.

Your response should have noted that NOBODY at all gets sanctioned for so-called “hate speech” - neither the speaker nor the broadcaster!
Re: Nbc Sanctions Nta, Ait, Channels, Tvc Over Hate Speech by naptu2: 3:55am On Feb 01, 2019
9jaRealist:

Noted, but still leaves the impression that so-called “hate speech” is regulated and it is merely a question of who gets sanctioned.

Your response should have noted that NOBODY at all gets sanctioned for so-called “hate speech” - neither the speaker nor the broadcaster!

That's not what her question was about. Go back and read her question and my response together. It had absolutely nothing to do with whether it was hate speech or not. It was about whether the NBC could regulate politicians/non-broadcasters, period.
Re: Nbc Sanctions Nta, Ait, Channels, Tvc Over Hate Speech by InvertedHammer: 8:27am On Feb 01, 2019
naptu2:

What do you mean by Canadian law or Nigerian law??

Of course the hate speech will not be stated in the interview. (1) Different people said different things on different stations. (2) He said that the letters to the stations are on his desk. The infractions that each station committed will be stated in the letter to that particular station.
/
You really have confidence in these people.

Will it surprise you if I tell you that there are no such letters on any desk anywhere?

They are just blowing smokes.

/
Re: Nbc Sanctions Nta, Ait, Channels, Tvc Over Hate Speech by naptu2: 9:05am On Feb 01, 2019
InvertedHammer:

/
You really have confidence in these people.

Will it surprise you if I tell you that there are no such letters on any desk anywhere?

They are just blowing smokes.

/

Will it surprise me? It won't get any reaction from me because that's just your sayso. You haven't provided any evidence to back it up (anyone can say anything).

Besides, it's got nothing to do with my original post.

2 Likes

Re: Nbc Sanctions Nta, Ait, Channels, Tvc Over Hate Speech by Jesusloveyou: 9:22am On Feb 01, 2019
Joyfullyme:
What is hate speech ?
your head, your head is hate speech

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How APC, PDP, Others Won Seats In Bauchi / Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC / Senator Abbo: Nigerians Dump Party Affiliations To Speak With One Voice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.