Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,746 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator (19555 Views)

CERN Tests World Most Powerful Particle Accelerator During April's Solar Eclipse / Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) / World’s Largest Crab That Feeds On Birds And Breaks Bones (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator by Houstency(m): 7:34am On Jan 31, 2019
Re: Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator by stanliwise(m): 7:38am On Jan 31, 2019
Binikingdowm:
grin

If I stay near there and there is an accident then I'll get struck by lightning..

Will I turn to flash
you will turn to flash of light; D
Re: Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator by amjustme2: 7:40am On Jan 31, 2019
The more you get closer to science, the more you stand in awe for the Maker.

I agree with an old imspired saying that Even if man lives for eternity,
We will never be able to discover all the things Jehovah God have made.
Re: Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator by unique545(m): 7:42am On Jan 31, 2019
Binikingdowm:
grin

If I stay near there and there is an accident then I'll get struck by lightning..

Will I turn to flash
you will turn into firestorm but in heaven though grin
Binikingdowm:
grin

Will I turn to flash
you will turn into firestorm but in heaven though
Re: Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator by pafo(m): 7:46am On Jan 31, 2019
I first read about this in Dan Brown's book. Don't remember which one it is again. Da vincis code I think.
Re: Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator by Deicide: 7:54am On Jan 31, 2019
Meanwhile somewhere in Nigeria they are celebrating mega church grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator by Hoodbilonia: 7:54am On Jan 31, 2019
hollywood scifi movies too much abeg
ive stopped paying for cable
fuc dstv
downloads only

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator by dasphinx1(m): 7:56am On Jan 31, 2019
pafo:
I first read about this in Dan Brown's book. Don't remember which one it is again. Da vincis code I think.

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
Re: Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator by zealadjay(m): 8:16am On Jan 31, 2019
Jst imagining me traveling to dat location nd of a sudden, the particle accelerator exploded...
Are you thinking what an thinking?

1 Like

Re: Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator by wittydee: 8:18am On Jan 31, 2019
See Technology. In Nigeria we are still bent on sharing oil money that will soon fade away. Instead of making frantic effort to develop technologically.
Re: Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator by Walexwisdom(m): 8:23am On Jan 31, 2019
FrMbaka:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=328pw5Taeg0

I have been there, indeed It was an amazing sight to behold! CERN is different world of it's own. I hope one day Nigeria can invest in technological research to solve differs of problem around us.
Re: Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator by MissJoy29(f): 8:29am On Jan 31, 2019
Karmatyra:
The big bang theory comes to mind

Exactly!
Re: Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 31, 2019
There is no way these Newtonian Physicists will understand the interplay of hardrons and the mechanism of bonding without macroscopic coherency of microscopic quantum states except they master the consciousness technologies.

To understand the quantum fields and operabilities of the field dynamics there is no other way than to experience it as hardrons level Observer. The Human system is built with such levels of coherency.

LHC is opening portals to alternate dimension with such levels of collisions.

There is need to be tact.

2 Likes

Re: Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator by Ayobami7(m): 8:41am On Jan 31, 2019
Wow
Re: Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator by pafo(m): 9:07am On Jan 31, 2019
dasphinx1:

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator by MiddleDimension: 9:08am On Jan 31, 2019
Uglymugg:
This people still wont admit what they're looking for with this experiment. You collide particles that the eyes can't see at nearly th3 speed of light, but for what purpose? To create new particles? To find the god-particle? To create a white-hole to another dimension?
the God particle has been discovered, and a nobel prize has been awarded foe thw discovery
Re: Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator by NwadykExcel(m): 9:10am On Jan 31, 2019
This world belongs to Engineers! kissThis world belongs to Engineers!
Re: Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator by Uglymugg: 9:34am On Jan 31, 2019
MiddleDimension:
the God particle has been discovered, and a nobel prize has been awarded foe thw discovery
To think that Higg's boson was predicted 48 years before it was discovered. Some of these scientist might not even be humans.

4 Likes

Re: Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator by Jimmyo3(m): 9:41am On Jan 31, 2019
Uglymugg:
This people still wont admit what they're looking for with this experiment. You collide particles that the eyes can't see at nearly th3 speed of light, but for what purpose? To create new particles? To find the god-particle? To create a white-hole to another dimension?
Seriously The large Hadron collider was simply designed to open the portal to another dimension.
Simply put to discover the link between mind and matter...

1 Like

Re: Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator by deebrownneymar: 9:56am On Jan 31, 2019
Binikingdowm:
grin

Will I turn to flash

Lmao. You watch too many series.
Re: Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator by dasphinx1(m): 9:58am On Jan 31, 2019
pafo:

Thank you!

You are most welcome bro
Re: Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator by deebrownneymar: 9:58am On Jan 31, 2019
NwadykExcel:
you mean scientists?

1 Like

Re: Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator by deebrownneymar: 10:16am On Jan 31, 2019
Binikingdowm:
grin

Will I turn to flash

Lol. See this freak.
Re: Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator by Johnpotter660: 10:51am On Jan 31, 2019
Until we start thinking about stuffs like this, we would be chasing the departed ghosts of those who committed to advancing humanity. The LHC is a serious feat accomplished by our planet, take it from an alien wink . Who believes we would soon register our anthem in the league of those who sing advance scientific research? Interplanetary travel? Who believes in the fate of the African continent?
Re: Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator by Johnpotter660: 10:54am On Jan 31, 2019
They are all human my dear, they are just those humans who realize what it meant to be human! Granted that the discovery of the Higg's boson is a gross jump in human intellect, you could have done the same if you had committed to the daily meditations and work required to break a frontier.
Uglymugg:
To think that Higg's boson was predicted 48 years before it was discovered. Some of these scientist might not even be humans.
Re: Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator by Johnpotter660: 10:56am On Jan 31, 2019
Ummmmm....
NwadykExcel:

Re: Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator by Uglymugg: 11:10am On Jan 31, 2019
Johnpotter660:
They are all human my dear, they are just those humans who realize what it meant to be human! Granted that the discovery of the Higg's boson is a gross jump in human intellect, you could have done the same if you had committed to the daily meditations and work required to break a frontier.
But why do they put so much time and energy into things that are so abstract that the mind of a regular joe cannot wrap itself around the basis of the subject, like particle physics for instance. What gives them that drive and commitment, and why do they have it but others don't?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria's Team Wins At Huawei ICT Competition, Nigerians React / There's Enough Energy In A Glass Of Water To Power Lagos For A Year! / Wande Adalemo - From University Dropout To ICT Millionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.