Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,496 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? - Poems For Review (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? (4204 Views)

Download Night Visions; A Poetry & Photography Collection On OAU / My Little Collections (an Anthology) / (ARTICLE)A Poetry Piece Dedicated To The Super Eagles BY Dare David James Pascal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by RuuDie(m): 6:51am On Aug 11, 2007
Thanx roselyn, guess we'll have 2 chat smtime 2 c what u've got. . .
Meanwhile, u cld just put out sm of 'em, while we chill on other peeps!
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by junky(f): 6:41pm On Aug 11, 2007
wil do so.
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by junky(f): 7:06pm On Aug 11, 2007
your thots won't go away
it has stained my whole being
and refused to fade
i need a doctor fast
becos you have become like a
disease in my blood
a reoccurring fever
i have no immunity to
you are fast becoming like
an addiction
bad and very dangerous for me
yet very impossible to resist.
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by RuuDie(m): 7:38am On Aug 13, 2007
Pretty good !
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by cammax7(m): 9:48am On Aug 22, 2007
I'm just seeing this but i'm very much interested. However it beats of as to why orikinla hasn't said anything in respect to this project. Here is what i suggest though, the anthology should have a theme that should guide entries, a committee should be constituted to review all entries, you guys dont expect that all entries would make it into the final draft, do you? The committee doesn't necessary have to be an all nairaland affair get people, notable poets, writers and editors to be a part of that committee. Once that is done entries can now be sent with the authors bio data to the committee, publishers contacted and he anyone is interested fine, he not we could publish it ourselves. What do you all say to that?
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by RuuDie(m): 5:00pm On Aug 27, 2007
welcome onboard cammax,

so delighted that u're optimistic about the whole idea. . . . ain't spoken to some of the other folks that initiated the concept in a while now but hopefully, we'll all pool our resources together and see it thru, never knw what good might come o'utta it!

thanx man!
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by denex: 5:31am On Aug 31, 2007
I was banned from Nairaland that's why I've been in touch. And that is why I will continue not to be in touch. I'm really sorry.
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by RuuDie(m): 9:48am On Aug 31, 2007
denex:

I was banned from Nairaland that's why I've been in touch. And that is why I will continue not to be in touch. I'm really sorry.

okay man. . . . . we cld get in touch by some other means.

@ other interested peeps,

howz 'bout we huddle together with out poems and see what we got. . .  anybody got any ideas where we cld meet ?

or guys u can mail me,
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 31, 2007
denex:

like someone put it the other day 'if you havent been banned it means you ain't contributing to the forum'

almost everybody has been banned one time or the other. no biggie. the beat goes on wink
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by jideosik(m): 6:29am On Sep 02, 2007
Hello fellow writers. I'm developing an online project aimed at supporting unpublished African writers, a site called KilimanjaroMedia.com. In addition to KilimanjaroMedia being a literary site, it's also very much an arts site encompassing many other aspects of performing arts. One of the goals of this site is to publish an anthology. If you're interested in what we may have to offer, please stop by.

Here is the link to the website.
KilimanjaroMedia.com
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by denex: 5:40pm On Sep 15, 2007
Guys,
Enough time wasted already. I'm back for the meantime so we're meeting on Saturday 22nd September 2007, at the Kulture Klub,
Alfa Beach,
Lekki Peninsula, Lagos.

Y'all holler back. Whether you've got your poems printed or not.
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by RuuDie(m): 2:34pm On Sep 19, 2007
denex:

Guys,
Enough time wasted already. I'm back for the meantime so we're meeting on Saturday 22nd September 2007, at the Kulture Klub,
Alfa Beach,
Lekki Peninsula, Lagos.

Y'all holler back. Whether you've got your poems printed or not.

hey chill bro. . . . who arranged this time and venue ? don't y'all think its a bit of a distance 4 some of us to travel and was other peeps taken into consideration with the date/time ?
anyways, good 2 know that there's stiil 1/2 interested heads out there. . . . but we g'otta settle stuffs first b'4 making decisions.

ain't got all of my poems printed out yet c'uz been tryna figure out what the theme 4 the whole project is g'onna be like - i mean, we doing l[b]ove poems[/b], heart-break poems or just general free-style ?
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by denex: 8:58pm On Sep 19, 2007
I just felt I should make decision since no one else is saying much.

So where and when do you prefer? This venue is an art kinda place.
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by RuuDie(m): 12:42pm On Oct 03, 2007
hey dee. . . . sorry been off 4 awhile but that venue's kind'a far and it don't have to be an artsy place; just somewhere we can sit 4 awhile and get acquainted!
i'm in S/Lere and it'd take some ways to get my butt down to lekki. . . . dunno abt some of the others but if its a majority agreement, i'll oblige!
besides, where all the other folks that are in on this @ ? u got any numbers or contact info of 'em ?
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by jkpretty(f): 3:12pm On Oct 04, 2007
Hi all, i don't know if i'm late concerning this anthology thingy. I'm so down with it. i have my peoms too, i even have a good short story. I got cut short of writing poems when i got heart broken (shit happens, long time ago though). & then i lost interest. but thank God i dint throw my poems away. I still have them. Lets make plans on how to make this work. My poems are mostly of love, i know i can still work on doing more.

Many of my poems are short, this one one of those i remember by heart,

Mystique

U say i'm a mystique

Something Unique & ageless in unraveling

Yet intriguing & fascinating

As it unfolds---
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by RuuDie(m): 12:02pm On Oct 05, 2007
jkpretty:

Hi all, i don't know if i'm late concerning this anthology thingy. I'm so down with it. i have my peoms too, i even have a good short story. I got cut short of writing poems when i got heart broken (shit happens, long time ago though). & then i lost interest. but thank God i dint throw my poems away. I still have them. Lets make plans on how to make this work. My poems are mostly of love, i know i can still work on doing more.

Many of my poems are short, this one one of those i remember by heart,

Mystique

You say i'm a mystique

Something Unique & ageless in unraveling

Yet intriguing & fascinating

As it unfolds---

Wlcome on board. . . . cute, li'l 4-liner u got there; nice!
we've been scheming on the anthology thingy 4 sometime now but there's no visible progress c'uz we really know not who's in and who's not and we still ain't figured out how/where we could meet that'd be convenient 4 all and sundry. . . . . got any ideas
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by beneli(m): 3:10pm On Oct 05, 2007
What better place to kick-off the meeting than right here .i.e. virtually ?

For starters there may be people out there interested in the project but who won't be able to make it to any meeting. And there may be others who may want to send in "quality" entries once they've seen that there is a good plan in place.

So, why not start planning here?

My suggestions:
1. Clarify who takes the lead role. Its always important to have a leader.
2. Clarify what the anthology would look like .i.e. any special theme? how many sections and types of poems? etc. those kinda things.
3.Clarify all relevant "money matters."
4. Call for people to send in their poems to a nominted panel for critiques. This panel, which can also be a virtual one, will be mandated to decide whether the entries meet the selected criteriae etc.

If you don't get it going, some way or the other, you may still be discussing this topic, as they say, "until the cows come home".
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by denex: 6:48pm On Oct 07, 2007
@beneli

nice one.

@all

VENUE! VENUE!! VENUE!!!
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by jkpretty(f): 10:21am On Oct 08, 2007
thanks Ruudie,

@ all Please lets try and meet at a place, i suggest Lagos, preferably on a saturday. Any where u choose, i'll be there.
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by RuuDie(m): 3:27pm On Oct 15, 2007
okay, howz 'bout we set up a date that we meet online. . . . on this thread and thrash out issues - so we all can contribute from wherever we is @!
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by Trevelyan(m): 9:08pm On Oct 15, 2007
Helo @ poetry folks,2 av an accord n kip al handz on deck,a yahoo msngr group tagged "YOUNG POETS" shld b created by d person spearheadin d whole thingy so as 2 kip us abreast of d latest dev
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by denex: 12:12am On Oct 16, 2007
Somebody just set a date and we'll all be online (for those that really want to). Let's not deliberate over setting the date or else we may even deliberate over deliberating over setting the date.
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by jkpretty(f): 10:32am On Oct 16, 2007
This is really dragging angry

Maybe we should just make it here on nairaland, we'll just ensure some copyrights.
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by RuuDie(m): 5:02pm On Oct 16, 2007
Okay. . . . so lets thrash out the issues here then! so whats the general theme for the whole project and who's bothered to check up on publishing prospects ?
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by RuuDie(m): 10:28am On Oct 18, 2007
I checked up on a no. of publishers who do free/charity work in Sud Afrique but none of them seem to fit our bill or are interested in what we intend. . . . . maybe they're just scared of being scammed!

I suggest we make the book in 2 parts - 1 4 love poems and the other for heartbreaks/hurt and title it something like 2 sides of a coin or something!
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by colors(f): 9:57pm On Jan 13, 2008
hey i'm totally into this anthology thing. ive repressed my literary side for much too long, this year ive decided to give in. we need to find a way of working this whole thing out.
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by smtprince(m): 1:48pm On Jan 18, 2008
@all

lets make the meeting for on the 31st of january

however every one that is interested or that would be available should just make sure they post their confrimation on the 25th.

I was thinking what we would do is this, one of us would on the morning of the 25th would post his yahoo id here and then every one interested would add him and add this message

" anthropology" and then this person would group all such people under that group in his/her IM and on the 31st he would invite all of us to a conference.

How about that
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by TrueBrit: 11:55pm On Jan 21, 2008
smtprince:

@all

lets make the meeting for on the 31st of january

however every one that is interested or that would be available should just make sure they post their confrimation on the 25th.

I was thinking what we would do is this, one of us would on the morning of the 25th would post his yahoo id here and then every one interested would add him and add this message

" anthropology" and then this person would group all such people under that group in his/her IM and on the 31st he would invite all of us to a conference.

How about that

I sure hope you mean ANTHOLOGY undecided
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by jkpretty(f): 9:28am On Jan 25, 2008
I'm still down, although i find it hard dropping my email here, one of u shld drop urs then i'll IM u, i think that's better.
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by jide5: 5:52pm On Jan 28, 2008
Where rests this great idea. I see its been quite a while we had a word on the idea brought up by Basic las April. I have just published a collection of my works, titled TRICKLES of a TIME, but will be happy to be part of a nairaland publication. Lets rekindle, contact@nanateam.net
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by SMC(f): 4:56pm On Aug 25, 2008
What's going on with this project, guys?
Re: Can We Publish A Poetry Anthology? by Lovelace: 10:02pm On Aug 28, 2008
Yer,where's everyone?
The anthology sounds like a good idea.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Traffic / The Pain Of True Love / Keeping Your Hope Alive (Inspirational Message)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.