Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

I Am Not Corrupt, Buhari Tells Nigerians: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Corrupt, Buhari Tells Nigerians: (266 Views)

I Can't Join You To Deceive Nigerians, You're Sick, Corrupt, Buhari To Tinubu / Only Two People Are Not Corrupt In Nigeria – Balarabe Musa / Shina Peller: 'Atiku Is Corrupt, Buhari Is 100% Better Than Atiku' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not Corrupt, Buhari Tells Nigerians: by sanmiade001: 10:28am On Jan 31, 2019
I am not corrupt, Buhari tells Nigerians:

President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday stated that he was never convicted of corruption in all the positions he held in the country.

He promised Nigerians that he will continue to uphold the trust they have in him if re-elected for a second term in office.

He made the declaration at the Park Oruta Ngele Township stadium Abakaliki, the Ebonyi State capital, during the All Progressives Congress (APC), presidential campaign.

Buhari was former military head of state (1983-85), governor of the defunct North Eastern State (1975–1976), and chairman Petroleum Trust Fund (1994-95).

He said: “I can assure you that I, as the president, today have never been in a position of abusing trust. As a governor of the whole six north eastern states, as minister of petroleum for over three years and as a former head of state. I was arrested, detained, investigated but they never found anything against me.”

The President thanked Ebonyi people for turning out in their large numbers for the rally, saying that they demonstrated that they cannot be bought; he urged them to hold him by his words.

Buhari recalled that when he came for campaign in 2015, he promised three things: to tackle the security situation in the country that time in 17 local governments in the North East were under the control of Boko Haram but as at today, there is no local government under the control of the terrorists.

He said: “The important thing is that, please try and hold us by our promise. When we came here the last time, we told you there are three fundamental things the country is facing. First we had to secure the country because part of the country was under threat in the North East, at least 17 local governments were in the hands of Boko Haram; second was the economy. The able-bodied unemployed persons in Nigeria are too many. The thirdly was to fight corruption.”

The president congratulated the military and other law- enforcement agencies that today none of the local governments in the North East is under the control of Boko Haram.

“They have resulted in indoctrinating young men and abducting young girls below the ages of 15, wrap them with explosives and send them to soft targets – churches, mosques, market places and motor parks. Even that is becoming rear now.”

Buhari also said that with a favorable weather, Nigeria had achieved food security and no longer imports rice, adding that the money saved from importation was now being used for infrastructural development

https://www.citadelng.com

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Corrupt, Buhari Tells Nigerians: by DrGoodman: 10:28am On Jan 31, 2019
Believe him at your own peril.

How then did a jobless yusuf buy a #65m power bike to crash carelessly, by majic? grin

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Corrupt, Buhari Tells Nigerians: by baliyubla: 10:44am On Jan 31, 2019
To this Dullard, corruption means only stealing from Government coffers.

Buhari is the most corrupt, ethnic and religiously bias President Nigeria ever made the mistake of having.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Corrupt, Buhari Tells Nigerians: by dunsinakin01: 10:45am On Jan 31, 2019
das like me sayin im not black, baba go si down
sanmiade001:
I am not corrupt, Buhari tells Nigerians:

President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday stated that he was never convicted of corruption in all the positions he held in the country.

He promised Nigerians that he will continue to uphold the trust they have in him if re-elected for a second term in office.

He made the declaration at the Park Oruta Ngele Township stadium Abakaliki, the Ebonyi State capital, during the All Progressives Congress (APC), presidential campaign.

Buhari was former military head of state (1983-85), governor of the defunct North Eastern State (1975–1976), and chairman Petroleum Trust Fund (1994-95).

He said: “I can assure you that I, as the president, today have never been in a position of abusing trust. As a governor of the whole six north eastern states, as minister of petroleum for over three years and as a former head of state. I was arrested, detained, investigated but they never found anything against me.”

The President thanked Ebonyi people for turning out in their large numbers for the rally, saying that they demonstrated that they cannot be bought; he urged them to hold him by his words.

Buhari recalled that when he came for campaign in 2015, he promised three things: to tackle the security situation in the country that time in 17 local governments in the North East were under the control of Boko Haram but as at today, there is no local government under the control of the terrorists.

He said: “The important thing is that, please try and hold us by our promise. When we came here the last time, we told you there are three fundamental things the country is facing. First we had to secure the country because part of the country was under threat in the North East, at least 17 local governments were in the hands of Boko Haram; second was the economy. The able-bodied unemployed persons in Nigeria are too many. The thirdly was to fight corruption.”

The president congratulated the military and other law- enforcement agencies that today none of the local governments in the North East is under the control of Boko Haram.

“They have resulted in indoctrinating young men and abducting young girls below the ages of 15, wrap them with explosives and send them to soft targets – churches, mosques, market places and motor parks. Even that is becoming rear now.”

Buhari also said that with a favorable weather, Nigeria had achieved food security and no longer imports rice, adding that the money saved from importation was now being used for infrastructural development

https://www.citadelng.com

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Corrupt, Buhari Tells Nigerians: by Larryfest(m): 10:50am On Jan 31, 2019
You might not be corrupt but what about people around you? BTW i don't majority of people against you are doing so cos they think you are corrupt, they do so cos you have no idea how to move this nation forward..

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Challenges Atiku To Sue Obasanjo Over Credibility; / No Rift Over Campaign Funding, Says PDP / EFCC Planning To Arrest Onnoghen Today, CUPP Alleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.