Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,740 members, 7,955,826 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:13 PM

The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. (24494 Views)

Edo-2024: The 3 Horse Race - How The Candidates Stand / Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. / Buhari And Osinbajo On “The Candidates” (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by uchman48(m): 11:21am On Jan 31, 2019
This truly means our politicians sees democracy as football and that is why we are being played from one end of the pitch to another.

Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by kaykay1980: 11:22am On Jan 31, 2019
With Due respect HE Peter OBI might be right but the issue of VAR is like a decision taken wrongly, based on assumption ,but if I may ask did OBJ take those decisions wrongly based on assumption or he took such decision based on valid and verifiable facts ? If he took those decisions based on valid and verifiable facts methinks we should not give Atiku such chance again because na second coming of Mongo Park na ehm kill am. But if OBJ took those decisions based on assumption then we will understand with him based on the Christ like spirit of forgiveness requesting that OBJ retrieve his book "Under My Watch” from circulation
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by Maket: 11:22am On Jan 31, 2019
Atiku will be a greater mistake.
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by Jflex07(m): 11:22am On Jan 31, 2019
Thunder scatter all bmc zombies. If buhari ask bmc to suck his flaccid dick, they will even do that without giving it a second thought. I spit on all zombies and Yoruba Muslims.

2 Likes

Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by Poanan: 11:22am On Jan 31, 2019
livelymatilda22:

Obasanjo said yesterday that what he said about Atiku still remains the truth.. Just that he only forgave him after he apologized.

Kadira asked Atiku if Obasanjo lied about what he said about him, Atiku could not answer it.. He was busy dodging it as usual. He should have defended himself there before Nigerians if he was really innocent.

What exactly are you driving at? You want him to respond like the man in aso rock who doesn't reason better than a child in primary 3.

4 Likes

Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by Jflex07(m): 11:22am On Jan 31, 2019
Maket:
My father will be a greater mistake.
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by JustBeYourselfO: 11:23am On Jan 31, 2019
livelymatilda22:
The video assistant referee (VAR) is a football assistant referee who reviews decisions made by the head referee with the use of video footage and a headset for communication.

Peter Obi said and I quote ..

"The referee (Obasanjo) having consulted the VAR system has reviewed his earlier decision and has now decided that the player (Atiku) did not commit a foul"
"Referees also make mistakes in their decision but they can go back and check the VAR to make correction in situations where they make mistake...."

But earlier in the day, Obasanjo made this statement in Lagos while speaking at the 2019 Island Club Quarterly Business Lecture.

Obasanjo said and I quote....

“I have been called names because of my position on Atiku Abubakar, the Waziri Adamawa.

“Everything I have said as far as I have knowledge of Atiku, I have not retracted and I stand firmly by them because they are to the best of my knowledge true.

“And neither has what I have said and written about Buhari been controverted, if anything, they have been confirmed and proved beyond any shadow of doubt.

https://politicsngr.com/just-can-vouch-atiku-anywhere-obasanjo-reasons/

Conclusion : Obasanjo never said he lied about Atiku. He only said Atiku has apologized to him and Nigerians and he has forgiven him...

VAR is meant to review decision only.. it doesn't forgive.. Like Obasanjo said yesterday, That he forgave Atiku, does not in any way mean what he said was wrong and have been retracted.

Lalasticlala Mynd44
using VAR or no VAR, does that mean OBI is incompetent? you must be fucking kidding me.. if you dont know any good thing about OBI yet, better google search or ask oracle.. ode loh like abi

3 Likes

Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 31, 2019
superlanny:
Imagine such an analogy, this people think say na play we come do for here, he thinks we are joking, we are talking about a man that in some other countries his jail term will be 100 consecutive life sentences, for the amount he has stolen, do you know how many people died as a result of poverty, caused by those who stole our money, and that idiot is talking about VAR, Nigerians are more intelligent and more discerning than before.
Has Atiku been caught and arrested?
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by inforesource: 11:27am On Jan 31, 2019
As much as I like history and precedence, it is always wise that you do not dwell too much on them. Remember people changes, situations changes. So do not think if Atiku was bad yesterday that he can not change today.

My concern right now is that Buhari, which is our current president is incapable of running this nation. Can't you see it? I do not believe that PMB is capable. This is always my position. I drew this conclusion when I went to check what PMB was doing after leaving office. I was shocked that he never represented Nigeria in any event locally and internationally. He never went back to educate himself. He never went back to take any professional course.

He only sat back in daura doing cow business. Is that the kind of president that I need in this twenty first century? Give me people like Fashola (SAN) or Donald Duke in APC and you will see my vote APC in the next election. I can not be sentimental with my future please.
livelymatilda22:

Obasanjo said yesterday that what he said about Atiku still remains the truth.. Just that he only forgave him after he apologized.

Kadira asked Atiku if Obasanjo lied about what he said about him, Atiku could not answer it.. He was busy dodging it as usual. He should have defended himself there before Nigerians if he was really innocent.

1 Like

Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by Anambrapikin(m): 11:27am On Jan 31, 2019
Buharists trying all possible best to discredit the intelligence performance of Atiku and Obi Yesterday. I think Osibanjo should apply to be lectured by Obi.

5 Likes

Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by superlanny(m): 11:28am On Jan 31, 2019
asuustrike1:

Has Atiku been caught and arrested?
can you see why I say you people are dumb and stupid, even a primary 3 student knows that Atiku is more prolific than anini

1 Like

Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by livelymatilda22: 11:30am On Jan 31, 2019
JustBeYourselfO:
using VAR or no VAR, does that mean OBI is incompetent? you must be fucking kidding me.. if you dont know any good thing about OBI yet, better google search or ask oracle.. ode loh like abi
Tell your neighbour's kids to read and explain my post to you.. Enjoy
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by kalohkaloh: 11:30am On Jan 31, 2019
Obasanjo's assessment of Atiku was 'to the best of his knowledge'! That does not make his assessment right! Now that he has consulted POLITICAL VAR', he has realised the need to reverse the 'political' goal awarded against Atiku! In Yorubaland, elders are never wrong, but diplomatically, they always review their wrong judgement and use 'bone-face' to lay the matter to rest! This is what has played out in the case of Obasanjo and Atiku! Nigeria shall rise again!

3 Likes

Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by mightyhazell: 11:31am On Jan 31, 2019
livelymatilda22:
Cleverly sarrki corrinthians SEONaijaExpert modath 4
people when dey coma since yesternight,..?

4 Likes

Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by Herex6(m): 11:31am On Jan 31, 2019
vote AAC #take it back
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by Lokostic77: 11:32am On Jan 31, 2019
livelymatilda22:
The video assistant referee (VAR) is a football assistant referee who reviews decisions made by the head referee with the use of video footage and a headset for communication.

"The referee (Obasanjo) having consulted the VAR system has reviewed his earlier decision and has now decided that the player (Atiku) did not commit a foul"
"Referees also make mistakes in their decision but they can go back and check the VAR to make correction in situations where they make mistake...."

But earlier in the day, Obasanjo made this statement in Lagos while speaking at the 2019 Island Club Quarterly Business Lecture.

“I have been called names because of my position on Atiku Abubakar, the Waziri Adamawa.

“Everything I have said as far as I have knowledge of Atiku, I have not retracted and I stand firmly by them because they are to the best of my knowledge true.

“And neither has what I have said and written about Buhari been controverted, if anything, they have been confirmed and proved beyond any shadow of doubt.

Conclusion : Obasanjo never said he lied about Atiku. He only said Atiku has apologized to him and Nigerians and he has forgiven him...

VAR is meant to review decision only.. it doesn't forgive.. Like Obasanjo said yesterday, That he forgave Atiku, does not in any way mean what he said was wrong and have been retracted.

Lalasticlala Mynd44
Ogbeni iwo lo mo just trying to find fault from their response to yesterday APC script questions can you compare yesterday interview to your lifeless president
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by mankand(m): 11:33am On Jan 31, 2019
Zombies

Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by Deepthoughts: 11:34am On Jan 31, 2019
livelymatilda22:

Ok, Obasanjo said Atiku has admitted his mistakes,showed remorse n apologize both to him Nigerians as true stateman n leader should do,unlike buhari who has falsely elevated himself to a perfect, infallible n incorrigible saint.i challenge you n your likes to show to the world that you are perfect with out fault n doesn't need forgiveness,you are just pained that Atiku is gradually been position to sent your dullard back to where he actually belongs.
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by YesBoss1(m): 11:34am On Jan 31, 2019
Story for the gods, comot make I see road abeg,Obasanjo said Obasanjo no said.
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 31, 2019
TheAngry1:
For me, the biggest disappointment yesterday was Peter Ob[b]i. We KNOW Atiku is an unrepentant thief, but[/b] we at least gave Obi the benefit of the doubts, until he sank himself yesterday. He is a grammar-speaking petty crook. He invested state funds in his family business and sees nothing wrong with that, and then he shamelessly justified Atiku's past misdemeanours with a senseless VAR analogy. Ideeeotic nitwit!
The bolded refers to you not all Nigerians. Secondly I haven't seen any law enforcement agency go after Atiku what i keep seeing and hearing is that he is a thief. They keep accusing this man of stealing yet they haven't arrest him. Thirdly same man that was accused of stealing was a saint in APC then I wonder why you and the followers of APC are hypocrite. Hypocrisy is staring at your face but you are been sentimental about it. You didn't say all these when Atiku was in APC. Such a shame

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by Wilstino: 11:35am On Jan 31, 2019
livelymatilda22:

Lalasticlala Mynd44

My friend, get a life and stop being petty. We all understood what he was getting at.
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by Somatic(m): 11:36am On Jan 31, 2019
Kagawa10:
Don't mind the dunce. That Obi was just a joker. No initiative fron him. All he did was to make dumb metaphor and derail everywhere. He lacks decorum and he's dunce. Such a shame.

No way would we allow two unorganised dullards get into a position 1 and 2 in this country. We already had that with Jonathan and Sambo.

Pdp, neva again. Yeye dey smell.

I reckon Obi is more intelligent than the collective IQ of your LG. Tradermoni Zombie

1 Like

Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by Brightest04(m): 11:36am On Jan 31, 2019
So Nigerians has been turned into a football which PDP and its cronies can play as they like?

Oh my goodness!I can't just believe this.Anyway thank you Peter Obi for letting us know this.

We shall meet Feb16 and Nigerians will tell the world they're not dumb as PDP thought.
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 31, 2019
superlanny:
can you see why I say you people are dumb and stupid, even a primary 3 student knows that Atiku is more prolific than anini
You even more dumb. With you level of education you don't know that there must be proves?. As the accused be arrested at all?
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by TheAngry1: 11:37am On Jan 31, 2019
asuustrike1:

The bolded refers to you not all Nigerians. Secondly I haven't seen any law enforcement agency go after Atiku what i keep seeing and hearing is that he is a thief. They keep accusing this man of stealing yet they haven't arrest him. Thirdly same man that was accused of stealing was a saint in APC then I wonder why you and the followers of APC are hypocrite. Hypocrisy is staring at your face but you are been sentimental about it. You didn't say all these when Atiku was in APC. Such a shame

Okay
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by Angelparadise: 11:39am On Jan 31, 2019
livelymatilda22:

Lalasticlala Mynd44

1 Share

Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by maestroferdi: 11:39am On Jan 31, 2019
Esseite:
Obasanjo wrote his book by himself on his own assumptions.

A VAR is being judged by a team including other referees, still does not mean the referee may not believe his own judgement but now has to make an opinion based on a better judgement by a team of referees.

Have you understood?
End Of Discussion.

PDP peeps are smart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by SoNature(m): 11:41am On Jan 31, 2019
TheAngry1:
For me, the biggest disappointment yesterday was Peter Obi. We KNOW Atiku is an unrepentant thief, but we at least gave Obi the benefit of the doubts, until he sank himself yesterday. He is a grammar-speaking petty crook. He invested state funds in his family business and sees nothing wrong with that, and then he shamelessly justified Atiku's past misdemeanours with a senseless VAR analogy. What a shame!

APC minion, who doesn't know you on nairaland? You are interested that he invested state money in family business, but u failed to mention that he also invested the same state money in Diamond Bank, Access Bank and others. Yes, u also failed to mention that the investments yielded 70 billion for the state, making him the only governor to ever leave such money in the history of Nigeria.

Oga, if you want to criticize and make sense, focus on Atiku because 0bi is miles ahead of everyday politician in intelligence and track records.

1 Like

Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by Angelparadise: 11:42am On Jan 31, 2019
TheAngry1:
For me, the biggest disappointment yesterday was Peter Obi. We KNOW Atiku is an unrepentant thief, but we at least gave Obi the benefit of the doubts, until he sank himself yesterday. He is a grammar-speaking petty crook. He invested state funds in his family business and sees nothing wrong with that, and then he shamelessly justified Atiku's past misdemeanours with a senseless VAR analogy. What a shame!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NBM Of Africa To BBC: We Are Not Cultists, Your Documentary Is Libelous / Nwabuoku To oversee The Office Of The Accountant-General Of The Federation / Marilyn Gbalahan: Okowa's Daughter Gives Birth On His 58th Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.