Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. (24147 Views)

Atiku/Obi Introduce FIFA (VAR) Analog Into Politics At 'The Candidates' / Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. / Buhari And Osinbajo On “The Candidates” (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by KOLLEE(m): 12:19pm On Jan 31, 2019
#thecandidate Atiku/Obi was full of life......
#thecandidate buhari/Osinbajo was a mess. I couldn't believe this is the buhari I voted for in 2015, a whole GCFR of the FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA talking like my primary school kids. couldn't send the videos to my friends in diaspora....what a shame!
I'm no more looking for Angel Buhari who said he will finish boko haram in 6months but added herdsmen and banditry to our security challenge because of naivety and nepotism.....
BUHARI HAD LOST IT!
VOTE A BETTER CANDIDATE.
YOUTH STOP BEING BIAS.
I DON'T CARE WHO YOU'LL VOTE BUT MAKE SURE ITS NOT BABA BUHARI....
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by maisauki: 12:23pm On Jan 31, 2019
4 m and my ppl, feBUHARI 16 is a done deal
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by maisauki: 12:25pm On Jan 31, 2019
4 m and my ppl, feBUHARI 16 is a done deal!¡!
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by Bgetto: 12:30pm On Jan 31, 2019
I don't what Wrong with obi yesterday who is the refree obasanjo or Atiku or Nigerian who made the mistake Nigeria. Or Atiku or obasanjo what kind of mistakes made
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by DerideGull(m): 12:35pm On Jan 31, 2019
livelymatilda22:
The video assistant referee (VAR) is a football assistant referee who reviews decisions made by the head referee with the use of video footage and a headset for communication.

Peter Obi said and I quote ..

"The referee (Obasanjo) having consulted the VAR system has reviewed his earlier decision and has now decided that the player (Atiku) did not commit a foul"
"Referees also make mistakes in their decision but they can go back and check the VAR to make correction in situations where they make mistake...."

But earlier in the day, Obasanjo made this statement in Lagos while speaking at the 2019 Island Club Quarterly Business Lecture.

Obasanjo said and I quote....

“I have been called names because of my position on Atiku Abubakar, the Waziri Adamawa.

“Everything I have said as far as I have knowledge of Atiku, I have not retracted and I stand firmly by them because they are to the best of my knowledge true.

“And neither has what I have said and written about Buhari been controverted, if anything, they have been confirmed and proved beyond any shadow of doubt.

https://politicsngr.com/just-can-vouch-atiku-anywhere-obasanjo-reasons/

Conclusion : Obasanjo never said he lied about Atiku. He only said Atiku has apologized to him and Nigerians and he has forgiven him...

VAR is meant to review decision only.. it doesn't forgive.. Like Obasanjo said yesterday, That he forgave Atiku, does not in any way mean what he said was wrong and have been retracted.

Lalasticlala Mynd44

Have you seen or heard any referee who has claimed to be wrong if the when the video assistant referee (VAR) started otherwise?
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by DeepNuggets: 12:40pm On Jan 31, 2019
superlanny:
Imagine such an analogy, this people think say na play we come do for here, he thinks we are joking, we are talking about a man that in some other countries his jail term will be 100 consecutive life sentences, for the amount he has stolen, do you know how many people died as a result of poverty, caused by those who stole our money, and that idiot is talking about VAR, Nigerians are more intelligent and more discerning than before.

Sadly a lot of people are still gullible enough to praise them...i hope they don't get a chance at Aso rock ever again.

2 Likes

Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by BubuZombi: 12:51pm On Jan 31, 2019
emmykk:

In a capitalist system individuals are allowed to owned whatever they can and is not a crime.

Nigerian is not running a Capitalism system of government.

Countries that practice capitalism, the capitalist are not public figures like your Atiku.

Atiku Opened his university after embezzling our money and built a school that is only meant for the rich.

ASSU are on strike because the system of education in this country have been jeopardized since democracy starded. I remember during OBJ/Atiku regim, between 2001 n 2003 ASSU went on strike for almost a year. What will say about that.

Stop Wailing, those guys you're supporting have no interest in this country

1 Like

Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by BubuZombi: 12:55pm On Jan 31, 2019
EzeNri:

Anybody supporting Buhari is anti-humans. In 3 years, herdsmen massacred 19,820 Nigerians.

Because you the same people your are killing yourself for are same people sponsoring the killing to jeopardize Buhari regime.
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by BubuZombi: 12:59pm On Jan 31, 2019
discusant:

Anyone supporting Buhari who can hardly understand what is happening around him due to ill-health and old age is the greatest enemy of Nigeria.

A crooked person can repent and reposition Nigeria to the path of glory, but not a Buhari who can't understand what is happening around him.

Sorry, Your CrookAtiku can't rule this country till you kpai. Even if na Pope or Sheikh clean am, his sins are casted bodily on Zuma Rock.

Next Level Loading... 98%
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by BubuZombi: 1:01pm On Jan 31, 2019
justjify:

The Zombie has spoken.
Go and continue drinking your fermented goat milk.

Better than you that is assleaking Atiku/Obi.
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by Ugosample(m): 1:02pm On Jan 31, 2019
Ogaga87:
It seems this is another APC trend..
Wetin don happen don happen...
The America visit that brought up all these controversies has been visited..
What else do you guys want
Picking hole in everything..
no mind them
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by ToyinDipo(m): 1:15pm On Jan 31, 2019
Initially I thought Atiku/Obi are smart people, who some people thought can make this country work, and thus overlooking their corrupt tendencies. However after watching the candidates I can emphatically say that the duo are half-witted clowns, combined with their non-apologetic thieving nature, they are a total recipe for disaster to this country.
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by bendike: 1:18pm On Jan 31, 2019
BubuZombi:
Rubbish... Atiku/Obi are bith Failures

Next Level 98% loading...
Its like you hate this country because i do not see any reasonable, sensible human being that will watch the apc interview vs the pdp and in his right senses choose the apc.
You want this country to wallow in poverty and mediocrity.
How can you in all honesty think buhari as brain dead as he is can actually lift this country? Even osibanjo, a lawyer has never ran a business, does not understand finances, he does not understand how to turn N10 to N100. How do you things to get better?
The truth of the matter is that from all the candidates, sowore, hasim etc the only team i have seen that can make this country work is atiku obi and this is purely without sentiments.
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by TheStarsAlign: 1:20pm On Jan 31, 2019
Kagawa10:
Don't mind the dunce. That Obi was just a joker. No initiative fron him. All he did was to make dumb metaphor and derail everywhere. He lacks decorum and he's dunce. Such a shame.

No way would we allow two unorganised dullards get into a position 1 and 2 in this country. We already had that with Jonathan and Sambo.

Pdp, neva again. Yeye dey smell.

You are very funny and you know.
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by LZAA: 1:26pm On Jan 31, 2019
963AvatarSpirit:

The writer of this note is mildly incompetent to adjudge the premise at which illustrative mechanics review are posited, your basic understanding of VAR applicable system in football does not guarantee an assertion that he understands 1 of a 1000 percentile of capabilities of the designers of the mechanism itself, Obi Peter reference a case of the use of the VAR mechanism for economic-level monitoring and not the VAR apparatus itself.

In an attempt to sound knowledgeable of soccer VAR systems, the writer has myopically magnified his limited understanding of the premise at which the Contestant utilized the Premise on the discourse.

This level of fucckery finds home in abysmal level of reasoning populating this once hallowed but now mockery-level forum, such as nairaland.

Tufiakwa to the fo0ls who take the writer seriously. It is an obvious absurdity.
See finishing
Livelymatilda right now
Cc immhotep kagawa10 velocity25

1 Share

Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by BubuZombi: 1:28pm On Jan 31, 2019
bendike:

Its like you hate this country because i do not see any reasonable, sensible human being that will watch the apc interview vs the pdp and in his right senses choose the apc.
You want this country to wallow in poverty and mediocrity.
How can you in all honesty think buhari as brain dead as he is can actually lift this country? Even osibanjo, a lawyer has never ran a business, does not understand finances, he does not understand how to turn N10 to N100. How do you things to get better?
The truth of the matter is that from all the candidates, sowore, hasim etc the only team i have seen that can make this country work is atiku obi and this is purely without sentiments.

People like you will believe if Dangote Rules Nigeria, the country will become like Dubai.

Your mumu never do you
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by DONADAMS(m): 1:36pm On Jan 31, 2019
surevik:
My question now is, “is Obasanjo a god”... Why should we really on the comments he made out of anger and hatred for Atiku, like he said and I quote “ they are to the best of my knowledge true" that was to his knowledge true and not necessary the truth. Get sense and help Baba St. Buhari go back to Daura and rest.
the thing taya me for Nigerians...like wtf!! was obasanjo not corrupt himself? the way we dwell on stupid things is annoying...that was how they said atiku should go to America to prove he is not corrupt...smh
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by Kusetic(m): 1:40pm On Jan 31, 2019
surevik:
My question now is, “is Obasanjo a god”... Why should we really on the comments he made out of anger and hatred for Atiku, like he said and I quote “ they are to the best of my knowledge true" that was to his knowledge true and not necessary the truth. Get sense and help Baba St. Buhari go back to Daura and rest.

If I am to do business with an individual and I make enquiries from his former partner and that one tells me, right in the presence of said individual, that he is a corrupt individual, there is no way on Earth that business will take place. Obasanjo, as his former boss who would have been privy to a lot of things we wouldn't be, has written about atiku's corrupt tendencies extensively and atiku hasn't denied this, he only said he hasnt been convicted of anything. That obasanjo has now decided to forgive him for reasons best known to him doesn't in anyway mean atiku is suddenly no longer corrupt.
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by livelymatilda22: 2:03pm On Jan 31, 2019
963AvatarSpirit:

[s]
The writer of this note is mildly incompetent to adjudge the premise at which illustrative mechanics review are posited, your basic understanding of VAR applicable system in football does not guarantee an assertion that you understand 1 of a 1000 percentile of capabilities of the designers of the mechanism itself, Obi Peter reference a case of the use of the VAR mechanism for economic-level monitoring and not the VAR apparatus itself.

In an attempt to sound knowledgeable of soccer VAR systems, the writer has myopically magnified his limited understanding of the premise at which the Contestant utilized the Premise on the discourse.

This level of fucckery finds home in the abysmal level of reasoning populating this once hallowed but now mockery-level forum, such as nairaland.

Tufiakwa to the fo0ls who take the writer seriously. It is an obvious absurdity. [/s]
Claptrap as usual
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by yuvisan: 2:06pm On Jan 31, 2019
superlanny:
Imagine such an analogy, this people think say na play we come do for here, he thinks we are joking, we are talking about a man that in some other countries his jail term will be 100 consecutive life sentences, for the amount he has stolen, do you know how many people died as a result of poverty, caused by those who stole our money, and that idiot is talking about VAR, Nigerians are more intelligent and more discerning than before.
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by livelymatilda22: 2:06pm On Jan 31, 2019
JustBeYourselfO:
such a dullard pikin... u must be out of your mind for sometin u can't read and understand.. ode loh like abi
Why are you this pained? grin
Tell your neighbour's kids to read and explain my post to you.. Enjoy
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by monex(m): 2:11pm On Jan 31, 2019
superlanny:

what will Ganduje's jail term be?

1 Like

Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by Mitsurugi(m): 2:12pm On Jan 31, 2019
superlanny:

And yet they are contemplating reelecting a man they can't even employ as a gate man even sounding inane along the way! grin

2 Likes

Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by JustBeYourselfO: 2:13pm On Jan 31, 2019
livelymatilda22:

Why are you this pained? grin
Tell your neighbour's kids to read and explain my post to you.. Enjoy
im pained bc your dullard
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by livelymatilda22: 2:14pm On Jan 31, 2019
JustBeYourselfO:
im pained bc your dullard
Continue crying
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by JustBeYourselfO: 2:15pm On Jan 31, 2019
livelymatilda22:

Continue crying
No.. Im laughing for you
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by yuvisan: 2:25pm On Jan 31, 2019
ToyinDipo:
Initially I thought Atiku/Obi are smartw people, who some people thought can make this country work, and thus overlooking their corrupt tendencies. However after watching the candidates I can emphatically say that the duo are half-witted clowns, combined with their non-apologetic thieving nature, they are a total recipe for disaster to this country.

That is it o!
I don’t know why some people still don’t get it.

As for OBJ, Baba Iyabo , he is actually testing to see if his domineering ego still prevails in Nigerian politics.
OBJ pretends he has Nigeria’s interest at heart, but not so.
He delights in being adulation.
It is simply a self- centered effort to see if he can force president’s on Nigerians.
SUBTLE DICTATOR. Third Terms through the back door.
By God’s Grace in Christ Jesus, 2019 will end the EGO TRIP.

This election will prove each person’s worth.

God willing.PMB WILL CARRY 16th Feb. and Nigeria to the #NEXT LEVEL.
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by afroxyz: 2:26pm On Jan 31, 2019
I thank God I watched the interview. i am now witnessing first hand how propaganda flies in social media. i pity people who would be misled by these posts without doing research.
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by justjify(m): 2:38pm On Jan 31, 2019
BubuZombi:

Better than you that is assleaking Atiku/Obi.

Your illiterate, lifeless and dumb paedophile has no capacity.
He is obviously ineffective and inefficient
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by BubuZombi: 2:42pm On Jan 31, 2019
justjify:

Your illiterate, lifeless and dumb paedophile has no capacity.
He is obviously ineffective and inefficient

Your Problem

Next Level Loading...98%
Re: The Candidates: Why Peter Obi's Analogy Using VAR Is Wrong. by surevik(f): 2:55pm On Jan 31, 2019
Good point, it all depends on when you want to do the business, currently the boss (Obasanjo) has spoken and has given us assurance that he is better off, since we so much believe and trust his word, why should we still dwell on past things he said.
Kusetic:

If I am to do business with an individual and I make enquiries from his former partner and that one tells me, right in the presence of said individual, that he is a corrupt individual, there is no way on Earth that business will take place. Obasanjo, as his former boss who would have been privy to a lot of things we wouldn't be, has written about atiku's corrupt tendencies extensively and atiku hasn't denied this, he only said he hasnt been convicted of anything. That obasanjo has now decided to forgive him for reasons best known to him doesn't in anyway mean atiku is suddenly no longer corrupt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos From The Democracy Day Dinner/gala Night Held At The Presidential Villa / Border closure killing us, Ogun monarchs declare / Lauretta Onochie Slams Saraki Fo Saying World Is Watching How PMB Will Treat SGF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.