Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola (24002 Views)

Funke Opeke’s Mainone To Be Acquired For $320mn By US Giant Equinix / Coca-cola Finally Acquires Chi Ltd / Paddy Adenuga: "I Nearly Acquired Chevron Netherlands At 29" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by Gandollar(f): 6:25pm On Jan 31, 2019
pappybarry:

I doubt you understand the concept of acquisitions such as these. Give you an example that comes to mind... Facebook's acquisition of Whatsapp. Can you say same for this too ?
I doubt you understand how dirty the game is
Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by crunchyg: 6:26pm On Jan 31, 2019
[quote author=Vianna post=75293926][/quote]
Hhhmm, you really sems to know much about how these things work. Can I chat you up on whatsapp?
Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:27pm On Jan 31, 2019
NewDelhi:

This life no get blueprint. A whole CHI .. What will happen to caprisonne, chivita, Superbite , hollandia and theany products from the house of CHI grin

Will their employees be affected too?

This is how people make the big bucks in business - by selling it.
Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by ChiefAzubuike(f): 6:35pm On Jan 31, 2019
anonymous96:

Don't kno if u being sarcastic or not.. Hard to tell on Nairaland.. But yah it is.. so d company made its money in Nigeria and d owners spent it elsewhere... A lot of Nigerians would have been millionaires$$ if it was employee owned..Coca Cola just made a bunch of dutch nd indians richer
You work at chi?
Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by papyskinsy: 6:45pm On Jan 31, 2019
will it affect CHI day old chicks too embarassed
Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by Yoighaman(m): 7:02pm On Jan 31, 2019
Vianna:
Almost half a billion dollars was dropped the first time they bought a share in the company. Only God knows how much they must have dropped for full acquisition.

Wow...
Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by bigiyaro(m): 7:22pm On Jan 31, 2019
NewDelhi:

They'll be so foolish to do that. Goods like Chivita and caprisonne are big names home and abroad. CHI in general is the biggest name in Nigeria as far as agriculture is concerned . They have even diverted to pharmaceuticals too. Cocacola will be so foolish not to manage that company well..

Moreover will their staffs be highly affected? I have quite a number of people working at CHI o
leave that thing, Coca-Cola will slowly but surely strangulate chi n all the brands it reps. five alive must not have any competition.
Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by Hollamie007: 7:53pm On Jan 31, 2019
NewDelhi:

They'll be so foolish to do that. Goods like Chivita and caprisonne are big names home and abroad. CHI in general is the biggest name in Nigeria as far as agriculture is concerned . They have even diverted to pharmaceuticals too. Cocacola will be so foolish not to manage that company well..

Moreover will their staffs be highly affected? I have quite a number of people working at CHI o

Hook me up please as I microbiologist I can work in their lab
Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by ithink7: 8:03pm On Jan 31, 2019
tgbaba:
And this is end of all chi products. Cocacola doing what she knows best, buy competitors and render all their brands redundant. same old way. Just pity staff that will be retrenched.

If they killed Chi, that will be an opportunity for other beverage companies to rise. I think they might be planning to expand their product range.
Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by islandmoon: 8:45pm On Jan 31, 2019
AZeD1:

How is DSTV frustrating TSTV and how is it DSTV's fault that HITV had terrible management?

while HITV was sourcing to fund to renew their EPL broadcasting right, DSTV rushed to pay for the sole right holding lisence that enable only them to have right to it in this region , and without EPL people dumped HITV. it is the duty of our bank to finance them, DSTV /Multichoice also get loan as support from their government , but our politicians who are stakeholders in DSTV worked against HITV , lobbying the banks.
Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by AZeD1(m): 9:41pm On Jan 31, 2019
islandmoon:

while HITV was sourcing to fund to renew their EPL broadcasting right, DSTV rushed to pay for the sole right holding lisence that enable only them to have right to it in this region , and without EPL people dumped HITV. it is the duty of our bank to finance them, DSTV /Multichoice also get loan as support from their government , but our politicians who are stakeholders in DSTV worked against HITV , lobbying the banks.
This is entirely false.
You also should learn how bidding works.

PS our politicians aren't stake holders in DSTV.
Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by islandmoon: 9:58pm On Jan 31, 2019
AZeD1:

This is entirely false.
You also should learn how bidding works.

PS our politicians aren't stake holders in DSTV.

well, the story is online, I can dig it out if you want. I know how bidding works , HITV lost the right because the. couldn't pay in time, and DSTV was already standing by alas politicians who pat the bank not to loan them the fund, the stories are online, internet doesn't forget.
Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by AZeD1(m): 10:41pm On Jan 31, 2019
islandmoon:

well, the story is online, I can dig it out if you want. I know how bidding works , HITV lost the right because the. couldn't pay in time, and DSTV was already standing by alas politicians who pat the bank not to loan them the fund, the stories are online, internet doesn't forget.
1) HITV got the EPL license in the first place because the government helped them by forcing the EPL to create a separate market from Nigeria as against the bundling of Nigeria with Africa.
2) HITV didn't get the loan because they had mismanaged the earlier one given to them. This had nothing to do with politicians. Banks are not charity.

1 Like

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by DrMuzungu(m): 11:37pm On Jan 31, 2019
tgbaba:
And this is end of all chi products. Cocacola doing what she knows best, buy competitors and render all their brands redundant. same old way. Just pity staff that will be retrenched.

Not necessarily. In my own country, there was a juices producer who had the absolutely best products on the market. Coca-Cola bought them about 10 years ago. They did not change anything except for some slight changes in the design. Their juices are still the best.
Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by ChiefAzubuike(f): 7:49am On Feb 01, 2019
DrMuzungu:

Not necessarily. In my own country, there was a juices producer who had the absolutely best products on the market. Coca-Cola bought them about 10 years ago. They did not change anything except for some slight changes in the design. Their juices are still the best.
What country are you from?
Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by DrMuzungu(m): 5:25pm On Feb 01, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:

What country are you from?

I am aging rapidly, can't remember which country that is smiley

Maybe I will remember some other time. But that doesn't matter in this case. Coca Cola didn't shut it down or mess it up.
Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by Nobody: 1:56am On Feb 02, 2019
Hey guys!

What's happening to Nigeria business entity!?

Just some couple of months ago, Skye Bank lost it to Polaris Bank Ltd... Few months later, Access assassinated Diamond and now, Cocoa cola has coned Chi Ltd.

Who knows who might be next in line. Let's wait for the detailed reports on what and why they really threw in the towel.
Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by anonymous96: 8:57am On Feb 03, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:

You work at chi?
Nah but dy are a client of my firm
Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by ChiefAzubuike(f): 9:08am On Feb 03, 2019
anonymous96:
Nah but dy are a client of my firm
Is chi a Nigerian company or foreign?
Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by anonymous96: 9:38am On Feb 03, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:

Is chi a Nigerian company or foreign?
By law It is a Nigerian company.. Incorporated in Nigeria,owned by a holding company (b4 coca cola takeover).. But d "Nigerian holding company" is 100% owned by foreigners nd Chi Top Managers are almost exclusively Foreigners..
Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by ChiefAzubuike(f): 9:40am On Feb 03, 2019
anonymous96:
By law It is a Nigerian company.. Incorporated in Nigeria,owned by a holding company (b4 coca cola takeover).. But d "Nigerian holding company" is 100% owned by foreigners nd Chi Top Managers are almost exclusively Foreigners..
Alright.
Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by ChiefAzubuike(f): 9:40am On Feb 03, 2019
anonymous96:
Does same apply for Julius berger?
Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by anonymous96: 10:43am On Feb 03, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:

Does same apply for Julius berger?
kinda tho not exactly the same..wen Julius Berger came, initially it was a subsidiary of Bilfinger Berger(German) .B4 dy incorporated it nd listed it on NSE.. Chi is privately owned
Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 10, 2019
Lol they own Titan bank
tgbaba:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shoprite Announces Plan To Leave Kenya / The Exit Of Shipping Firms From Nigeria / UBA Boss, Tony Elumelu Perplexed By Cobhams Asuquo Talent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.